/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas?

Curious girl2
02-17-2006, 10:34 PM
This is probably totally off topic for this type of website but hey you never know someone might have an idea..........

So here goes,

my little girl keeps getting eye infections. She's had lots of antibiotics and they clear it up but then as soon as the course is finished, the infection comes back :grumbling

I keep bathing her eyes, use clean towels, cloths, keep her hands and glasses clean and still it comes back.

Anyone know of anything herbal that might help?

peace

Curious

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
02-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Hi Curious Girl,

Too many antibiotics arent good for anyone, (weaken the immune system) especially for a childs developing immune system. Children arent usually aware of hygiene and touch anything, then put their fingers in their mouth, rub their eyes, thus getting infections.

The best thing you can do is bathe her eye in lukewarm salty water as often as necessary. And to make sure she washes her hands properly after having used the toilet, playing in the garden and touching pets etc.

Vitamin C also helps boost the immune system, making it easier for our bodies to fight infection.

Hope this helps.

S_87
02-22-2006, 02:06 PM
Hi
sorry ive got no herbal remedy but lol ive had a few eye infections so hope any of this helps...allergic conjunctivitis <-- what ive had

what kinda eye infection? is any *matter* coming out? have you tried eye drops? eye infections are painful to soothe the pain keep wet cottons on her eyes for a while or cucumbers.

also does she watch a lot of tv? give her some *eye rest time* where keeps her eyes closed and if there is stuff coming out withcotton pads because the matter tends to come off on this.

also try doing an allergy test because eye infection can be caused through allergies. hay fever- thats a major cause...
and this one is hard but- dont let her scratch her eyes. especially if her hands arent washed.

umm hope that helps ill be back with more anddddddd hope your daughter gets better :loving:

Snowflake
02-22-2006, 04:04 PM
^Good point about the pollen sis. Also when cotton wools pads are soaked properly this binds the strands together, preventing bits of fluff from falling off and going into the eye.

Like bacterial conjunctivitis, infection caused by allergens is not contagious. Until you have determined the cause of infection, it is best to use separate towels etc.

For herbal treament of conjuntivitis, please see link below:
http://www.healthandage.com/html/res...tivitiscc.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
handhuvar
02-28-2006, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Curious girl2
This is probably totally off topic for this type of website but hey you never know someone might have an idea..........

So here goes,

my little girl keeps getting eye infections. She's had lots of antibiotics and they clear it up but then as soon as the course is finished, the infection comes back :grumbling

I keep bathing her eyes, use clean towels, cloths, keep her hands and glasses clean and still it comes back.

Anyone know of anything herbal that might help?

peace

Curious
:sl:

as Muslimah_Sis said u can do that and also tell her to avoid touching her eye
wish her a speedy recovery
:w:

amirah_87
04-06-2006, 06:35 PM
salaams ppl

well this might sound weird but my nephew had the pink eye , we were in the middle east at the time , we were using salty water and tissue and it just would.nt go
so this arab lady saw him one day and she told my sister to put a couple of drops of "breast milk"........ a day later he was ok alhamdulillah
give it a try .............:):):):):):)

wasalaam

Sanaa'
04-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Salam
Sorry, I really have no idea. I would have said just make sure her eyes stay clean - but yeah, I guess you've already been trying that.
Just remember that too many antibiotics aren't good. They get rid of the bacteria that's causing the harm, but the bacteria just returns with the ability to fight off the antibiotic the next time you admninister it.
Sorry that was all I could help you - and I guess some of the brothers and sisters already told you that info,
salam

extinction
04-22-2006, 01:09 AM
erm rose water...I got a big splinter in my eye once and I couldnt really see much because of the swelling and had whats called 'bloodshot' eyes and I used rose water (moms advice) and alhamdulillah it went away and got better

Inshallah
04-22-2006, 07:51 AM
Take her to an ophthalmologist.

Anette
04-26-2006, 08:40 PM
Long time ago when I was a little child myself I had the same problem as your little girl. It turned out that my tear channels was much to narrow and a doctor widened them.

I do not know what age your girl are. A really good cure is using breath milk if the child is little and you still have any. It is antiseptic and is good to have both to eye infections and other problems with small children as "red skin" etc.

extinction
04-26-2006, 08:49 PM
what is breath milk? ive heard of soya milk baby milk the powder kind low-fat milk but never breath milk? are you referring to breast milk?

Anette
04-26-2006, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
what is breath milk? ive heard of soya milk baby milk the powder kinf low-fat milk but never breath milk? are you referring to breast milk?
Yepp that is right, sorry for my really bad english :giggling:

Thanks for your help :thankyou:

I hope it is not against anything regarding the religion but it really helps.

extinction
04-26-2006, 09:02 PM
oh im sure breast feeding isnt against islam and your welcome no need to apologize my swedish isnt perfect ;)

Anette
04-26-2006, 09:12 PM
I was more thinking about using it in a different purpose then it was "meant for" not the procedure itself. :) But in another way it is still for a good purpose regarding the child.

I think I am just a bit afraid of giving advices that contradicts the religion it is not my intention. But when it comes to children it is hard to not try to help in anyway you know. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.