/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Paralysis vs Jinn Possession

Cheb
02-18-2006, 01:34 PM
:sl:
I would like to start this thread with an incident that happened to me recently. All this is 100% true.
One morning (or late at night) I woke up after I felt there was a disturbance in my room (not sure what). I opened my eyes and it was soon obvious to me that I could not move. I tried as hard as I can to get up but felt like there was a strong force pushing on my chest and into my bed. I desperately tried calling for help but I could not speak. My mouth was open but there was no sound coming out. This happened for about 30 seconds. After that something very scary happened. I started to shake violently on my bed and the bed was shaking too. I can remember thinking to myself at the time "I cant believe it, I am actually being possessed by a Jinn". The shaking lasted for about 20 seconds. When it finally stopped I could turn around in my bed. I still felt that there was a weight on my body but less than before. I did not dare get out of my bed at the time and quickly went back to sleep.
For days I did not speak of the incident to anyone. I did not want to think about it fearing that it may happen again if I do.
Then one day I was watching a program on The Discovery Channel. It was about Aliens (which I find very interesting). They were mentioning alien encounters, then asking skeptics and believers to comment on the incidents. One of the encounters was the Alien abductions. I heard what the believers had to say, and then came the skeptics. They talked about how these abductions can be explained by a phenomenon called "Sleep Paralysis". They proceeded to explain what sleep paralysis was and I could not believe how similar their encounters were to mine. Everything from the pressure on my chest to not being able to move or speak. I will give an experts explanation of Sleep paralysis at the end of this thread.
Here is what I found most interesting about this; sleep paralysis existed in all parts of the world. However, there is one major difference about what each culture experiences. Each experienced what "their" culture feared during episodes of sleep paralysis. For example for;
The U.S: it was Alien abductions. There are hundreds of thousands (if not millions according to some) of reports of Alien abductions in the U.S, yet there are virtually none in Mexico.
Japanese: The Haunted girl.
English: Old Hag. (An Old witch like woman standing next to your bed)
Muslims: Jinn possessions!
There are more examples but these are the ones I could think of.
I was so relieved to know that it had nothing to do with Jinn after all. I then went and told some of my friends and I was completely surprised to know that many of them also had similar experiences. It seems like it is more common than I thought but people just dont talk about it. Now here I am telling you about my experience. Did anyone have a similar experience?
Make no mistake I am not saying that it is not possible for a Jinn to possess someone (I actually dont know if it is), I am just saying that it is more than likely that it wasnt the case during that night. Which also brings me to another question, does anyone know of any ahadith that speak of Jinn possession? I have not yet come across any.
Anyway I would like to know what anyone thinks about this. Here is Sleep Paralysis explained in more detail:

"Sleep Paralysis

Definition: Sleep paralysis (SP) is transient state of involuntary immobility occurring immediately prior to falling asleep or upon wakening and is classified as a parasomnia associated with REM (rapid eye movement) sleep.

Parasomnia is defined as any disruptive sleep event.

Indications and Experiences Associated With SP

-SP is fairly common; many people report at least one incidence that is consistent with the general description of SP.
-There are many different experiences associated with this disorder.
-The individual is obviously paralyzed hence the name. However, many people are able to open their eyes and thus can later describe their experience visually as well as physically.
-Those who suffer with it most commonly describe hypnagogic (discussed below) and hypnopompic hallucinations. Hypnopompic describes hallucinations upon awakening.
There are three different classes of the hallucinations. Historically, these factors describe many common experiences that were consider of supernatural or paranormal.

-One factor is called the Intruder, where there is a sensed presence, and auditory and visual hallucinations.
(Many people throughout time have described the Old Hag that is a shadowy hallucination and an experience of sensed presence. )
-The second is labeled the Incubus, and consists of pressure on the chest, difficulty breathing, and pain.
(Some people have described a demon choking or suffocating them or possibly sitting on their chest. This phenomenon is also thought to explain possession and alien abduction.)
-The third factor is Unusual Bodily Experiences where the individual has sensations of floating or flying, out-of-body experiences, and feelings of bliss."
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sapphire
02-19-2006, 12:39 AM
uh yea i get it real often when im stressed or upset.......just had one today actually......before i used to give in to them...but now i try moving about in them the thing is that when i speak no sound comes out and if i think i spoke no one can hear........

Ansar Al-'Adl
02-19-2006, 01:41 AM
:sl: Br. Cheb,
format_quote Originally Posted by Cheb
Which also brings me to another question, does anyone know of any ahadith that speak of Jinn possession? I have not yet come across any.
There are a number of authentic hadith, you can read them in the book by Shaykh Waheed AbdusSalaam Baly:
http://www.simplyislam.com/iteminfo.asp?item=56240

There are also conversations recorded between the exorcists and the Jinn speaking within the body after the person loses conciousness, which cannot be explained by sleep paralysis. Jinn possession has distinct symptoms which don't match what you've described either.

Cheb
02-19-2006, 07:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
:sl: Br. Cheb,

There are a number of authentic hadith, you can read them in the book by Shaykh Waheed AbdusSalaam Baly:
http://www.simplyislam.com/iteminfo.asp?item=56240

There are also conversations recorded between the exorcists and the Jinn speaking within the body after the person loses conciousness, which cannot be explained by sleep paralysis. Jinn possession has distinct symptoms which don't match what you've described either.

Thank you for the helpful information.
When and after the incident, I simply did not have an explanation to why it happened, other than the Jinn that is. That is why I posted this, people who do not know the symptoms of either Jinn possession or sleep paralysis should. This is a very common occurrence among us so it does need to be addresses.
Thanks again for the link.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cheb
02-19-2006, 08:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sapphire
uh yea i get it real often when im stressed or upset.......just had one today actually......before i used to give in to them...but now i try moving about in them the thing is that when i speak no sound comes out and if i think i spoke no one can hear........
Thanks for sharing. Stress actually has a lot to do with this. The more stressed out you are the more episodes you will get. What you need to do is that when it is happening, convince yourself that you know what it is. Just realize that it is not real and try going back to sleep. Furthermore, I also heard that sleeping on your back increases the chances of it happening. Sleeping on your side would be better.

abdul Majid
02-19-2006, 08:18 AM
subhanallah ahki, this is not paralyis that is just a name for something that they dont understand...

what happened to you is real , it happened to me when i was little and by the way at the time i wasnt praying and so on....

it also happened to a friend of mine,but my bed wasnt shaken, but i couldnt move, and i felt wind , i tried calling for help but it didnt work, it was scary , and i also felt something grab my ankles...

ahusubillah-- this is a shatan, or something evil......seeek refuge in ALLAH(swt)...

now since i am religious alhamdulillah, i laugh at this ahki walahee...

i wanna know if you pray aeveryday 5 times aday when this happened ,, it would be helpful to me...inshallah

sargon
02-19-2006, 08:39 AM
It used to happen to me when I first started studying "spirituality," I bought a lot of new age books and studying ancient cultures.

I was doing exercises to go out of my body so I could reach higher states of spirituality, in the new age mindset out of body experiences are a sign of progress on your spiritual path.

Anyways, as my concentration increased I could stay conscious as I was falling asleep more and more, and then I started having similar experiences.

The first time it happened I couldn't move, and I could hardly see. I heard a very scary sounding voice coming from my door that said follow me, and whatever it was moved away and went upstairs (I lived in the basement). I started floating and it was hard to control my body. I gained some sort of control and floated my way out of my bedroom, where I was attacked by a black cat that was shredding my hands apart. I also couldn't look to my left something was just blocking me from turning that way. I managed to get away from the cat and float outside into my backyard and then it got all dreamy. I looked up at the sky and the stars looked alive, everything looked the same but with more life in it, like a cartoon anime.

I read somewhere that signs of Jinn influence are dreams of black cats.

A theory I've made from previously studying new age material, is that these outer body experiences are actually from Jinn, to further deceive you and make you think that you are actually out of your body but you're really not.

Dreams I think come from three place if I remember correctly:
1- Angels or God?
2- Jinn/Shaytan?
3 Yourself?

So these out of body experiences are most likely Jinn that deceive you and make you think you have some sort of power and can go into a different dimension, most refer to it as the Astral plane/dimension.

Each time I "got out" (which is really a deceiving jinn making me dream like I'm out of my body), I had an encounter with a being of some sort, most of the time they were black or ugly looking, like demons. They would tell me things, most of the time like follow or do something.

After a few experiences I just stopped trying, but this still happens sometimes. After I became Muslim it happened only twice, the first time I got very scared.

I was lying in my room and I fell asleep, then I woke up, or so I thought. I tried to move but I couldn't and I thought oh great I'm having this weird dream again. Then I saw some black spirit like thing coming closer and then stab at my heart, and I felt pain. It was actually painful in the dream but then I woke up and there wasn't pain but the memory of pain was there.

Second time it happened I did feel a presence but this time I started thinking about Allah and saying something I had learned I can't remember but I was thinking of God and I wasn't scared. After a while everything faded away and I just started dreaming about something or fell asleep in the dream.

Sorry for the long post :/

abdul Majid
02-19-2006, 08:45 AM
wow subhanallah.....i used to think it was only me lol.....i heard a voice to sargon...wow brother, when i read both these posts im like oh man..lol...mine wasnt out of body though, and i was awake i know it...i deffinatly was...

Cheb
02-19-2006, 08:46 AM
Honestly I truly believe it is Sleep Paralysis. Encounters with Jinn would be different as I have come to learn. It is very common and it has been studied thoroughly. I do not think they have a reason to lie about it. It doesnt make sense to. The symptoms in SP are exactly what I was going through. I admit that at the time (a little more than a year ago) I was not praying 5 times a day. But it actually does not have anything to do with that, the only relation is that usually people who pray have less stress than others (not all the time). It may apply directly when it comes to jinn maybe, but not with SP (other than what I just mentioned).

abdul Majid
02-19-2006, 08:50 AM
ok i understand you brother, but people that say its sleep paral, are not familair with something like this , like jinns and shatan... you know what im saying...its too deep, i know and the other brother knows, and you know and my boys that this was and encounter of some sort, deffinalty, not stress... stress dosent grab you , or speaks, or holds you down, or disables your speach, you see ??

Cheb
02-19-2006, 08:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sargon
It used to happen to me when I first started studying "spirituality," I bought a lot of new age books and studying ancient cultures.

I was doing exercises to go out of my body so I could reach higher states of spirituality, in the new age mindset out of body experiences are a sign of progress on your spiritual path.

Anyways, as my concentration increased I could stay conscious as I was falling asleep more and more, and then I started having similar experiences.

The first time it happened I couldn't move, and I could hardly see. I heard a very scary sounding voice coming from my door that said follow me, and whatever it was moved away and went upstairs (I lived in the basement). I started floating and it was hard to control my body. I gained some sort of control and floated my way out of my bedroom, where I was attacked by a black cat that was shredding my hands apart. I also couldn't look to my left something was just blocking me from turning that way. I managed to get away from the cat and float outside into my backyard and then it got all dreamy. I looked up at the sky and the stars looked alive, everything looked the same but with more life in it, like a cartoon anime.

I read somewhere that signs of Jinn influence are dreams of black cats.

A theory I've made from previously studying new age material, is that these outer body experiences are actually from Jinn, to further deceive you and make you think that you are actually out of your body but you're really not.

Dreams I think come from three place if I remember correctly:
1- Angels or God?
2- Jinn/Shaytan?
3 Yourself?

So these out of body experiences are most likely Jinn that deceive you and make you think you have some sort of power and can go into a different dimension, most refer to it as the Astral plane/dimension.

Each time I "got out" (which is really a deceiving jinn making me dream like I'm out of my body), I had an encounter with a being of some sort, most of the time they were black or ugly looking, like demons. They would tell me things, most of the time like follow or do something.

After a few experiences I just stopped trying, but this still happens sometimes. After I became Muslim it happened only twice, the first time I got very scared.

I was lying in my room and I fell asleep, then I woke up, or so I thought. I tried to move but I couldn't and I thought oh great I'm having this weird dream again. Then I saw some black spirit like thing coming closer and then stab at my heart, and I felt pain. It was actually painful in the dream but then I woke up and there wasn't pain but the memory of pain was there.

Second time it happened I did feel a presence but this time I started thinking about Allah and saying something I had learned I can't remember but I was thinking of God and I wasn't scared. After a while everything faded away and I just started dreaming about something or fell asleep in the dream.

Sorry for the long post :/
The reason I think your encounters were so dreamy is because that is what SP is, it is like you are dreaming when you are awake. You are stuck between your sleep and real life. Your eyes are open but your mind takes you to a dreamy place. Usually the encounters are directly related to your real life experience and the way you think. That is why in different cultures there are different experiences. Please research Sleep Paralysis and you will find taht the answers are mostly there (in this particular issue).

sargon
02-19-2006, 09:00 AM
The thing is that its a dream. In the dream you're paralyzed but not really. You can have a dream so real that you think it's not a dream. I've also had dreams, where I wake up but I'm still dreaming, then wake up into another dream, then finally actually wake up... it's really weird only happened a few times in my life.

It usually happens after you fall asleep, but you don't think you're sleeping. If this happened like 5 minutes after you've laid down then yea it's not a dream. But if you're waiting to fall asleep and all of the sudden you can't move it's most likely a dream.

I'm interested if my theory about outer body experiences has any authenticity. There are many claims that we can leave our bodies at night consciously and visit physical places, as well as other dimensions. The only thing that makes sense is that it's a Jinn deceiving you.

Does Islam say anything about outer body experiences? I've never read anything on it before...

abdul Majid
Everyone has thier own opinion!!

Me personally i dont think that sleep paral is right !!
do you hAVE A LINK I CAN CHECK OUT BY THE WAY???

OH BY THE WAY CHEB HIS WAS A LIL DIFF THAN MINE !! I WASNT TAKEN TO ANY DREAMY PLACE!! I KNOW I WAS AWAKE, BECUASE I WENT BACK TO SLEEP AFTER IN FEAR, I WAS AROUND 12 OR 13 AT THE TIME

Cheb
format_quote Originally Posted by abdul Majid
ok i understand you brother, but people that say its sleep paral, are not familair with something like this , like jinns and shatan... you know what im saying...its too deep, i know and the other brother knows, and you know and my boys that this was and encounter of some sort, deffinalty, not stress... stress dosent grab you , or speaks, or holds you down, or disables your speach, you see ??
Brother this is what SP is. You are awake in the sense that your eyes are open it looks sounds and feels real, but it is not! It is a dream you are having while you are semi-awake. Ok the reason why i am saying this is because different cultures have the EXACT same symptoms, yet their experiences are different. For example like I said before, in the U.S, they think Aliens are abducting them. In England I believe, They have the old Hag. It is a witch-like woman that sits on your chest (not beside you as I stated before) and starts scratch you. To me it makes perfect sense.

sargon
02-19-2006, 09:01 AM
Yea Cheb I think it's a dream too, it just seems real.

abdul Majid
02-19-2006, 09:02 AM
Well Out Of This Subject, We Do Leave Our Bodys Everynight, Its Like Death, Only Allah(swt) Desides Whos Soul Returns Back To Him When He Wakes

Cheb
02-19-2006, 09:03 AM
Everyone has thier own opinion!!

Me personally i dont think that sleep paral is right !!
do you hAVE A LINK I CAN CHECK OUT BY THE WAY???

OH BY THE WAY CHEB HIS WAS A LIL DIFF THAN MINE !! I WASNT TAKEN TO ANY DREAMY PLACE!! I KNOW I WAS AWAKE, BECUASE I WENT BACK TO SLEEP AFTER IN FEAR, I WAS AROUND 12 OR 13 AT THE TIME
I also "knew" I was awake :) . And I went back to sleep in fear as I stated above. See you were awake, but not fully.
I will try to find some helpful links for you.

abdul Majid
02-19-2006, 09:04 AM
Na Man, This Is Real ...ok About That Diff Places Thing You Say, Thats Becuse These People Are Not Familair With The Term Jinn Or Shatan...thats Why They Say Aleins And Such, Becuse Thats What They Can Say Nuthing Else

abdul Majid
02-19-2006, 09:04 AM
Im Glad Were Talknig About This ...lol

Cheb
02-19-2006, 09:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sargon
The thing is that its a dream. In the dream you're paralyzed but not really. You can have a dream so real that you think it's not a dream. I've also had dreams, where I wake up but I'm still dreaming, then wake up into another dream, then finally actually wake up... it's really weird only happened a few times in my life.

It usually happens after you fall asleep, but you don't think you're sleeping. If this happened like 5 minutes after you've laid down then yea it's not a dream. But if you're waiting to fall asleep and all of the sudden you can't move it's most likely a dream.

I'm interested if my theory about outer body experiences has any authenticity. There are many claims that we can leave our bodies at night consciously and visit physical places, as well as other dimensions. The only thing that makes sense is that it's a Jinn deceiving you.

Does Islam say anything about outer body experiences? I've never read anything on it before...
The first part of your post is true. However, I do not believe it has anything to do with outer body experiences. It is just a condition that many people suffer from. SP has actually been experimented and proven.
I think we should look at how Jinn has interacted with man in history and compare it to our episodes. I do not believe they are that similar, unless you are dreaming about it.

Cheb
02-19-2006, 09:13 AM
Na Man, This Is Real ...ok About That Diff Places Thing You Say, Thats Becuse These People Are Not Familair With The Term Jinn Or Shatan...thats Why They Say Aleins And Such, Becuse Thats What They Can Say Nuthing Else
No No No, I have seen them being interviewed. They describe their experience VERY VIVIDLY. They even describe the aliens and they look just like they are always advertised on TV. That says that the people are not experiencing new things, they are making up their own reality based on what they see in actually reality. Exactly like you would do in a dream.

abdul Majid
02-19-2006, 09:13 AM
Ok Brother Cheb... Sp Right ? Ok How Does Stress Do These Certain Things ?? Crazy Unanswered Scary Things That One Was Not Used To, A Presents Of Something There...for Example I Would Know If You Are In A Room With Me Correct??? Its Not Hard To Discypher....and Till This Day I Remember And I Wasnt Stressed That Much At The Age Of 12 Or 13

Cheb
02-19-2006, 09:23 AM
Stress does not cause SP, it only makes it more frequent. The mind can do many things. Have you never been in a dream SO real you believed it was real even after you woke up. I did (but only for a few seconds though). The difference here is that it is even more real. It happens to you when you are semi-conscious. That is why you see it as being realistic. So did I at the time.

Hashir21
02-19-2006, 05:11 PM
i had an experience like that, i was sleeping, i woke up and i couldn't move, i got scared, i tried calling for my mom or dad, but i couldn't speak either, i can't remember that much abt it, other time, i felt like something pushed my leg down so i woke up fast, when i woke up, i saw somethign little color full go behind my sofa quickly, ( that one probably doeesn't have to do anything with the topic). and lastly, my uncle told me, he was sleeping on his back, he woke up during the night and he felt something was choking him, he got really scared, and he just ran to the kitchen, so that probably means that u might really be awake when this happens to u.

MetSudaisTwice
02-24-2006, 11:13 AM
salam
may allah protect you and all of us from harm and shaytaan
wasalam

mizan_aliashraf
02-24-2006, 11:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
may allah protect you and all of us from harm and shaytaan
wasalam

Aameen

Halima
02-24-2006, 12:44 PM

Thread moved.

Plz post topics in the appropriate section.

BarakAllahu Feekum.

Cheb
02-24-2006, 12:58 PM
Salam.

Are you sure about posting it here? I mean I do not need advice nor am I having problems with this. Or does it also apply for people posting in the thread?

Wsalam.

Snowflake
02-24-2006, 01:49 PM
Honestly I truly believe it is Sleep Paralysis. Encounters with Jinn would be different as I have come to learn. It is very common and it has been studied thoroughly. I do not think they have a reason to lie about it. It doesnt make sense to. The symptoms in SP are exactly what I was going through. I admit that at the time (a little more than a year ago) I was not praying 5 times a day. But it actually does not have anything to do with that, the only relation is that usually people who pray have less stress than others (not all the time). It may apply directly when it comes to jinn maybe, but not with SP (other than what I just mentioned).
I think most encounters like you experienced are simply due to sleep paralysis and not jinn. It's simply the mind waking up before your body has had a chance to catch up. The opposite of we are awake but go into a day dream.

Of course nobody is denying that jinn can't possess people. But I don't feel they necessarily have to come and hold a person down to do that. If they want they can achieve that anywhere, any time. Also if it was a case of being possessed by jinn then there would be other signs too. So you're right in what you say. Rest assured you are by no means possessed.

MetSudaisTwice
02-24-2006, 01:51 PM
salam
this thread was not suited to its prior destination, hence it was moved to its correct section, which is cyber counselling
wasalam

Halima
02-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Salam.

Are you sure about posting it here? I mean I do not need advice nor am I having problems with this. Or does it also apply for people posting in the thread?

Wsalam.

No, it just that this thread was not suited for the other section which was in the 'general' section therefore it was moved here. It doesn't apply to anybody or anyone. It is only the nature of the topic.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-24-2006, 02:02 PM
mayb sleep paralysis occurs wen a jinn attempts to posess but fails :rollseyes interesting :brother:

Snowflake
02-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Or the jinn decides he doesnt want to possess you after all, and therefore leaves :p

Seriously jinn dont need you to be sleeping to possess you.

sumay28
02-24-2006, 02:24 PM
That's crazy man... I don't know very many people who get Sleep paralysis. I was actually surprised to read a topic about it here. Now, isn't it true that when you go to sleep your soul is taken? If this is true.. then wouldn't sleep paralysis be when your body is asleep and your soul is in your body?

Snowflake
02-24-2006, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumay28
That's crazy man... I don't know very many people who get Sleep paralysis. I was actually surprised to read a topic about it here. Now, isn't it true that when you go to sleep your soul is taken? If this is true.. then wouldn't sleep paralysis be when your body is asleep and your soul is in your body?
Ok, don't beat me up on this lol. But as far as I know the soul leaves the body when we are sleeping. Yet it is still connected to the body as it's life force. I read abt it once but can't remember the details. So sleep paralysis could be just that the soul hasn't fully returned to the body, rendering it paralysed. :?

hamzaa
02-25-2006, 04:05 AM
sl:

I too had a muted experience twice of some sort. When I recently started to pray after a long absence and ignornace, I had a feeling that I wasn't alone ( cue X-files theme), of course we aren't alone as Allah (swt) is all aware but something else was in my room ( no there weren't any lisas and sarahs :hiding:!) During the night I woke up and just as I was about to turn as I knew something was next to me I couldn't move , it was like someone keeling on my back with tremendous force. The similar symptoms as described by other members- paralysis of limbs and also vocal. Eventually the force diminished and I turned around. Suffice to say, I turned on the light and lo and behold- nothing. The next night I armed myself with an arsenal array of weaponry, constituting of a....... knife and fork:) and I waited till the time of the previous nights episode, thinking "it" will happen again!!:heated:..........nothing except I heard my neighbours cat going in and out of the garden shed. At least now I knew, whose cat it was disposing of last nites supper:grumbling

The second time a few weeks after, was like something dragging me and this time I was armed with the greatest weaponry of all.... words of the noble Qu'ran and it ceased.

It could may have been a random jinn passing and thought hello cheeky!!: and decided to become mischievous or could have been psychological. (Allah swt knows best) I started to read into the subject of Jinn etc and subhanallah their many ways to protect yourself from the unseen as prescribed in hadiths. Some of the books written give a fabulous insight in the world of the unseen. The point is, if we fear these, what about the fear of their creator?- OUR creator Allah (swt). Yes they exist (muslim, jew and christian faiths) and of course nothing happens without the will of Allah (swt) albeit a test. The way to combat evil inshallah is through strengthening our iman.

I know a brother who has been continuously attacked over a prolonged period of years and since he’s become married, become worse. Of course possession of jinn is realistic, whether you have un/intentionally harmed it or it has become fond of you etc. Exploitation of their powers and they too will be held accountable on the day of recompense. I could spend hours and hours discussing this subject but its getting late:uhwhat

We should always ask Allah (swt) for protection of the evil of our deeds and the evil that surrounds us.

abdul Majid
02-25-2006, 04:57 AM
I Think Sleep Paral Is A Way For People, Who Are Not Familiar With Jinn, To Name It That !! Becuz They Dont Know What Else To Call It, They Dont Know What Jinn Is ,lol....

julie sarri
02-28-2006, 09:57 AM
:sl: i was watching the islam channell that programe called islamica one of the presenters said that you should make sure your beds are not in the corners of the room becouse that where the jinns stay in all the corners and there is one jinn who stays in the bed room all the time and its that jinn who sits on your chest. he seid doing wudu befor going to bed also helps:w:

Snowflake
03-01-2006, 12:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by julie sarri
:sl: i was watching the islam channell that programe called islamica one of the presenters said that you should make sure your beds are not in the corners of the room becouse that where the jinns stay in all the corners and there is one jinn who stays in the bed room all the time and its that jinn who sits on your chest. he seid doing wudu befor going to bed also helps:w:

wow thats real spooky sis! my beds in the corner but then there's no where else to put it. im not scared of jinns anyway. sometimes things go missing and i get annoyed. i know they were there the last time.. so i just say "ok that's enough, stop messing about and give my things back" lolzzz

one day i saw this hugeeeeeee scary faceee. uh no matter what i did, open or close my eyes it wouldnt go away.. i did get a bit scared but i recited aiyahtul kursi and the fear went but the face stayed.. it faded after ages but beforer it went i saw a big red eye in the air infront of me lol.. it looked like a dinosaurs eye.. but i know it must hav been a jinns eye. *scratches head* :confused:

I Think Sleep Paral Is A Way For People, Who Are Not Familiar With Jinn, To Name It That !! Becuz They Dont Know What Else To Call It, They Dont Know What Jinn Is ,lol....
Huh no bro.. i know abt jinns but i believe in SP too.. some ppl who r possessed dont get SP.. so they cant always be connected.

mahdisoldier19
03-01-2006, 12:53 AM
Trust me , If you were possessed by a Jinn you wouldnt be on this Board.

Pinkie
03-01-2006, 06:39 PM
-The third factor is Unusual Bodily Experiences where the individual has sensations of floating or flying, out-of-body experiences, and feelings of bliss."
When I was 10...I opened my eyes and the cieling was close to my face. I thought I was dreaming since I noticed I was floating, then I realized I was awake. It was just freaky..:offended:. Has anyone had anything similar to "floating" experiences?

Cheb
03-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Sis look at my first post, that is actually one of the symptoms of SP. Dont worry if it happens again, just remind yourself that it is not real and it is actually a condition.

Cheb
03-01-2006, 07:04 PM
hahahaha you are so stuborn. Actually I think Jin possession is a way for people who are not familiar with SP to believe what they want to believe ;)
Ever think about it that way. Not that all Jin possessions are related to SP, just the ones with the simptoms mentioned in my first post.

Muezzin
03-01-2006, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahdisoldier19
Trust me , If you were possessed by a Jinn you wouldnt be on this Board.
Though you might be at a Ouija Board.

...or not.

Cheb
03-01-2006, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hamzaa
sl:

I too had a muted experience twice of some sort. When I recently started to pray after a long absence and ignornace, I had a feeling that I wasn't alone ( cue X-files theme), of course we aren't alone as Allah (swt) is all aware but something else was in my room ( no there weren't any lisas and sarahs :hiding:!) During the night I woke up and just as I was about to turn as I knew something was next to me I couldn't move , it was like someone keeling on my back with tremendous force. The similar symptoms as described by other members- paralysis of limbs and also vocal. Eventually the force diminished and I turned around. Suffice to say, I turned on the light and lo and behold- nothing. The next night I armed myself with an arsenal array of weaponry, constituting of a....... knife and fork:) and I waited till the time of the previous nights episode, thinking "it" will happen again!!:heated:..........nothing except I heard my neighbours cat going in and out of the garden shed. At least now I knew, whose cat it was disposing of last nites supper:grumbling

The second time a few weeks after, was like something dragging me and this time I was armed with the greatest weaponry of all.... words of the noble Qu'ran and it ceased.

It could may have been a random jinn passing and thought hello cheeky!!: and decided to become mischievous or could have been psychological. (Allah swt knows best) I started to read into the subject of Jinn etc and subhanallah their many ways to protect yourself from the unseen as prescribed in hadiths. Some of the books written give a fabulous insight in the world of the unseen. The point is, if we fear these, what about the fear of their creator?- OUR creator Allah (swt). Yes they exist (muslim, jew and christian faiths) and of course nothing happens without the will of Allah (swt) albeit a test. The way to combat evil inshallah is through strengthening our iman.

I know a brother who has been continuously attacked over a prolonged period of years and since he’s become married, become worse. Of course possession of jinn is realistic, whether you have un/intentionally harmed it or it has become fond of you etc. Exploitation of their powers and they too will be held accountable on the day of recompense. I could spend hours and hours discussing this subject but its getting late:uhwhat

We should always ask Allah (swt) for protection of the evil of our deeds and the evil that surrounds us.

Of course the Quran sobhan Allah has solutions to all problems. However, in the case of SP, the way the Quran helps is that you truly believe that you are now safe. Therefore if you are having an episode and recite the Quran, your mind allows it to go away because of what you believe. See I use to haev such episodes, and when I looked into SP, I knew that all I needed to do was believe that it is not real. Now, whenever I feel like it is going to start I think about how it is not real and it is just SP. And immediately it just stops. I really dont think it is a coincidence that people all around the world have the same kind of episodes, just different encounters (see first post if confused).

hamzaa
03-02-2006, 11:49 PM
Of course the Quran sobhan Allah has solutions to all problems. However, in the case of SP, the way the Quran helps is that you truly believe that you are now safe. Therefore if you are having an episode and recite the Quran, your mind allows it to go away because of what you believe. See I use to haev such episodes, and when I looked into SP, I knew that all I needed to do was believe that it is not real. Now, whenever I feel like it is going to start I think about how it is not real and it is just SP. And immediately it just stops. I really dont think it is a coincidence that people all around the world have the same kind of episodes, just different encounters (see first post if confused).

could be SP etc, but do not discount the mischevious acts of some jinn.

*LJ*
03-03-2006, 10:21 PM
Salamu alaikum,

Thanks for the very interesting post, I've never really heard of this happeneing to people before. I was wondering if any more sisters had had this happen to them before, it seems like its mostly the guys,

Salam:)

yasin
03-04-2006, 04:34 AM
i get this very regularly, at least once every 3 weeks.

it's very scary, experiences of it vary. For example once i was paralysed all over and felt myself falling, i was so scared i shut my eyes and i got hear this light flickering on to my eyes and i could even hear the wind rushing past my ears.

other times i've seen something white float past me.

mahdisoldier19
03-04-2006, 05:13 AM
Maybe your astral projecting which isnt good!

Cheb
03-04-2006, 05:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hamzaa

could be SP etc, but do not discount the mischevious acts of some jinn.

Actually I can and I will. See the way I see it is if there is a more viable explanation to these occurrences that Jinn, i will take that explanation. Anyway it is better that we do not think about them in the first place. I really do believe that Jinn have nothing to do with this.

hamzaa
03-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Actually I can and I will. See the way I see it is if there is a more viable explanation to these occurrences that Jinn, i will take that explanation. Anyway it is better that we do not think about them in the first place. I really do believe that Jinn have nothing to do with this.

Each to their own bro. The beauty of opinions- bit like aresholes, everyones got one;D

sargon
03-15-2006, 09:38 AM
Why is Astral Projection bad?
*IF* it's real, and possible, and you don't use Jinn to do it then why is it bad? -or- It's really just a dream you're convincing yourself of having...

usamuslimah64
03-15-2006, 10:04 AM
Salam Alaykum..SubhanAllah..I will say that something similar to this happened to me when I first decided to embrace Islam..I was laying in bed, had actually gone to sleep. I was awakened by this really heavy feeling on my shest and like hands around my neck..I was so scared I got up and started to run out the door..I guess I was having trouble separating being asleep or awake. I recited Al-Fatiha and it went away..This seems to happen to me when I decide to committ to following Islam more intently. I also, have had many dreams(Islamic dreams) that come true. I also had a dream where I believe either an Angel or the Prophet was guiding me to Islam..I have talked to may people about it and they say It was the Prophet. Has anyone ever dreamed of the end of the world and judgement day???:-0
Wa Salaam, Susan

sargon
03-15-2006, 02:43 PM
I had some dreams about some of the signs, major signs. They were very real feeling. But I never dreamt of the actual day, just signs.

aishaazher
03-24-2006, 11:58 PM
salaam,
well..........what i heard is that if you are possessed by a jin then you are not able to read the Qur'an, but personally this is the first time i have heard of SP..and am a little confused.......i know that jinn and stuff exist and can possess you but i don't know much about them.......i think i should read more into the topic...i mean i read surah jinn and stuff that gave me some info but i will find articles and stuff....
what are some signs that you are possessed by a jinn..........just wondering lol
~~~~~~~~Aisha~~~~~~~~~~

mahdisoldier19
03-25-2006, 02:44 AM
Listen Sleep Paralysis is your conscious is fusing with the astral plane and conflicting behind the fuse. Thats what it is lol

usamuslimah64
03-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Salam :sl: ...ummm...what? i am sooo confused now..astral planes and such:-0. I don't believe in that mambo jumbo..I believe in Jinns and evil spirits and Shaytaan(Devil, Satan), but none of this other non -Islamic stuff..believe me if it does NOT feel right then it is NOT from Allah(swt)and you should run to your nearest Sheikh or Imam and and ask him what to do.
Wa Salaam:w: , Susan:sister:

mahdisoldier19
03-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Lol well what can i say its the unseen. Only Allah swt has ALL THE KNOWLEDGE of the unseen , Allah swt created the unseen. Humans can only comprehend so much.

Cheb
03-26-2006, 05:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by usamuslimah64
Salam :sl: ...ummm...what? i am sooo confused now..astral planes and such:-0. I don't believe in that mambo jumbo..I believe in Jinns and evil spirits and Shaytaan(Devil, Satan), but none of this other non -Islamic stuff..believe me if it does NOT feel right then it is NOT from Allah(swt)and you should run to your nearest Sheikh or Imam and and ask him what to do.
Sis I am not sure about astral projection since it is just a theory, but SP has been tested already and proven to exist.
SP is not "non-Islamic". Saying that is like saying gravity is non-Islamic. I am not saying that Jinn do not exist and do not posses a person, but the fact is that the symptoms of the 2 are much different. It is not about Satan or Jinn, it is about how our mind works.

*LJ*
03-26-2006, 06:14 PM
Salamu alaikum sister,:)

I just wanted to say that I don't think you should say that its not from Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) sister because doesn't everything come from Allah(swt)?

I don't have a clue what astral planes are, or if they even exist lol, but I think we should be open to this kind of thing, Allah(swt) wills what He wills, and I reckon lots of non-muslims would probably see Jinns as mumbo jumbo as well. Then again, astral planes could be a load of rubbish lol, only Allah knows. I think SP might be from Jinns or it might not be, I don't know too much about it. And Allah(swt) knows best.:happy:

Salam :)

usamuslimah64
03-27-2006, 09:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *LJ*
Salamu alaikum sister,:)

I just wanted to say that I don't think you should say that its not from Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) sister because doesn't everything come from Allah(swt)?

I don't have a clue what astral planes are, or if they even exist lol, but I think we should be open to this kind of thing, Allah(swt) wills what He wills, and I reckon lots of non-muslims would probably see Jinns as mumbo jumbo as well. Then again, astral planes could be a load of rubbish lol, only Allah knows. I think SP might be from Jinns or it might not be, I don't know too much about it. And Allah(swt) knows best.:happy:

Salam :)
Assalaamu Alaykum..

Admittingly, I did not have a clear preception of astral planes and I may have made a mistake in my answer..i just did quite a bit of research on astral planes and I cant find any reason to say yes or no at this time. Myself, i just feel kinda weird about it. But, this is a personal observation.
Wa Salaam, susan

*LJ*
03-27-2006, 05:11 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum..

Admittingly, I did not have a clear preception of astral planes and I may have made a mistake in my answer..i just did quite a bit of research on astral planes and I cant find any reason to say yes or no at this time. Myself, i just feel kinda weird about it. But, this is a personal observation.
Wa Salaam, susan
Salamu alaikum,

Fair enough, like I said, could be rubbish ;D (just so you know I wasnt sayin that they existed or not). I guess it doesn't really matter too much anyway...

Salamu alaikum :)

رياح_الشمال
03-28-2006, 10:59 AM
slm
agree wid u Cheb
we can't blame jinn 4 every little thing
can we?
ill be back 4 more
wsalm

mahdisoldier19
03-28-2006, 05:41 PM
I have astral projected, it is a very weird experience yes. But the good thing is wherever you think you want to be you go there. In astral projection your thought becomes your reality. So if you want to go to egypt you can do it. There are so many areas and key things for astral projection. But you can get posessed very easily while astral projecting which is why its dangerous. If you spark off one thought about ghosts or demons you will see them and interact with them very dangerous thing.

Sis786
06-26-2006, 08:03 AM
Salaam

I read your thread to a non-muslim friend at mine as she had the same expereince as you did.

I have never had a expereince like you but not long ago a close close person to me was effected by a non muslim jinn. I think sometimes we dont take such topics serious but they are. This person could not enter a mosque and if we had not got to him sooner he had intention of really really harming himself and others.

May Allah SWT protect us all from such evils. Aameen.

Asyur an-Nagi
06-26-2006, 09:31 AM

it happened to me five or six time in a month. and i have a close friend who had that syndrom as well. we went to our teaching hospital's sleeping clinic, and they gave us few simple advice:

1. avoid bright light emitting devices (lamp, tv, or computer screen) at least 30 mins before snooze.
2. if it happened, take a deep breath and exhale it as hard as u can. and once you are awake, stand up (no matter how sleepy u are) and wash your face with cold water (it will disrupt muscle's electrical charge which causing hypnagogic jerk or sleeping paralysis)
3. pray before throwing yourself in a deep slumber:)

sound so simple, but we are free from that disturbing phenomenon.Alhamdulillah.

As_ma
06-29-2006, 11:22 AM
Yeah it happened 2 me too.......but i dont think it's SP or whatever because if it was then why does it go away after you mention Allah(swt) in your head. Anyways if it happens 2 any of you frequently then just make wudu and read surah AL-IKHLAS, surah AN-NAS AND SURAH AL-FALAQ and you'll be fine

searcheroftruth
06-30-2006, 03:50 AM
ive had a something like sleep paralysis happen to me a few years back when i was 6 but one thing diffrent about mine was i could see the thing that was doing it to me dark looking creature with red eyes i closed my eyes and started screaming after i opened eyes the thing was gone from that day on i started reading my quran before going to sleep it never happened again

Zone Maker
08-06-2006, 10:23 PM
I would like to start this thread with an incident that happened to me recently. All this is 100% true.
One morning (or late at night) I woke up after I felt there was a disturbance in my room (not sure what). I opened my eyes and it was soon obvious to me that I could not move. I tried as hard as I can to get up but felt like there was a strong force pushing on my chest and into my bed. I desperately tried calling for help but I could not speak. My mouth was open but there was no sound coming out. This happened for about 30 seconds. After that something very scary happened. I started to shake violently on my bed and the bed was shaking too. I can remember thinking to myself at the time "I cant believe it, I am actually being possessed by a Jinn". The shaking lasted for about 20 seconds. When it finally stopped I could turn around in my bed. I still felt that there was a weight on my body but less than before. I did not dare get out of my bed at the time and quickly went back to sleep.
For days I did not speak of the incident to anyone. I did not want to think about it fearing that it may happen again if I do.
Then one day I was watching a program on The Discovery Channel. It was about Aliens (which I find very interesting). They were mentioning alien encounters, then asking skeptics and believers to comment on the incidents. One of the encounters was the Alien abductions. I heard what the believers had to say, and then came the skeptics. They talked about how these abductions can be explained by a phenomenon called "Sleep Paralysis". They proceeded to explain what sleep paralysis was and I could not believe how similar their encounters were to mine. Everything from the pressure on my chest to not being able to move or speak. I will give an experts explanation of Sleep paralysis at the end of this thread.
Here is what I found most interesting about this; sleep paralysis existed in all parts of the world. However, there is one major difference about what each culture experiences. Each experienced what "their" culture feared during episodes of sleep paralysis. For example for;
The U.S: it was Alien abductions. There are hundreds of thousands (if not millions according to some) of reports of Alien abductions in the U.S, yet there are virtually none in Mexico.
Japanese: The Haunted girl.
English: Old Hag. (An Old witch like woman standing next to your bed)
Muslims: Jinn possessions!
There are more examples but these are the ones I could think of.
I was so relieved to know that it had nothing to do with Jinn after all. I then went and told some of my friends and I was completely surprised to know that many of them also had similar experiences. It seems like it is more common than I thought but people just dont talk about it. Now here I am telling you about my experience. Did anyone have a similar experience?
Make no mistake I am not saying that it is not possible for a Jinn to possess someone (I actually dont know if it is), I am just saying that it is more than likely that it wasnt the case during that night. Which also brings me to another question, does anyone know of any ahadith that speak of Jinn possession? I have not yet come across any.
Anyway I would like to know what anyone thinks about this. Here is Sleep Paralysis explained in more detail:

"Sleep Paralysis

Definition: Sleep paralysis (SP) is transient state of involuntary immobility occurring immediately prior to falling asleep or upon wakening and is classified as a parasomnia associated with REM (rapid eye movement) sleep.

Parasomnia is defined as any disruptive sleep event.

Indications and Experiences Associated With SP

-SP is fairly common; many people report at least one incidence that is consistent with the general description of SP.
-There are many different experiences associated with this disorder.
-The individual is obviously paralyzed hence the name. However, many people are able to open their eyes and thus can later describe their experience visually as well as physically.
-Those who suffer with it most commonly describe hypnagogic (discussed below) and hypnopompic hallucinations. Hypnopompic describes hallucinations upon awakening.
There are three different classes of the hallucinations. Historically, these factors describe many common experiences that were consider of supernatural or paranormal.

-One factor is called the Intruder, where there is a sensed presence, and auditory and visual hallucinations.
(Many people throughout time have described the Old Hag that is a shadowy hallucination and an experience of sensed presence. )
-The second is labeled the Incubus, and consists of pressure on the chest, difficulty breathing, and pain.
(Some people have described a demon choking or suffocating them or possibly sitting on their chest. This phenomenon is also thought to explain possession and alien abduction.)
It might be normal to you but not for me. It occurred to me several times and I fought it back every time. Unfortunately at a time I thought it was normal so when it occurred I didn’t fight back and suddenly I heard several men screaming quietly so I started fighting back until it stopped:scared: . Believe when I tell you don’t give up. And if you don’t believe that jinn really do exist I heard about some hunted houses you might be interested to visit.:Evil:

Curaezipirid
08-24-2006, 06:51 PM
Alaikum Assalam, there are a few points of fact mentioned in this thread that I could need correct.

Firstly if you experience what is called in 'the west', "an out of body experience"; then it is most certainly not the work of Jinn. Of this have no doubt, out of body experiences are a matter of black magic. Most of the work of the Jinn is in the area of combatting black magic among persons whom are not Muslims and have not read Qur'an. Therefore, if any person has any even mild concern as to whether they could have been possessed by Jinn, the best solution is simply to read Qur'an. That is the only way to prevent possession by Jinn.

If it happens that you realise that any of the instances which occurred to you of sleep paralysis were in fact actual Jinn possession, and they usually are, then it is caused by having fallen outside of Muslim taqleed/tawheed. So make du'as to reinstate your accustomed taqleed/tawheed; otherwise you run the risk of comming under the influence of a Jinn taqleed/tawheed, that is not Mohammed's (Peace be upon Him and all of His descendents). You might be finding yourself possessed only be Krishna, or another such good type of god-head Jinn phenomena; but it is that we are all (all of us Jinn) meant to be encouraging you all not to take us in any form but Qur'an, and in that we often provide into the taqleed/tawheed of all Muslims. But if you are paralysed during a sleep period, it is usually because your subconscious has recongnised that you experienced a phenomena that belongs outside of Islam, what ever that phenomena was.

Finally I might warn everybody not to make any false divisions between things like becoming possessed by Jinn and the actual physical signs of such. When the physical signs are seperated from the belief in the causes of those physical signs, the the very foundations of belief are disrupted. Belief in the unseen. Belief in Angels. Believe that what Mohammed (Peace be upon Him and all His descendents) experienced in bodily sensations when Arch Angel Gabriel was confronting Him with need to learn to read, was a truly terrifying experience. Believe that when we receive such experiences we are being required to make a choice of belief, and choose well. Even Jinn experience such phenomenon and are frightened by, but that Jinn are then enrolled in helping Humans to find their way through such experiences need not be a matter of any fear except in that we all both fear and must like our own self.

wasalam

Curaezipirid
08-24-2006, 06:52 PM
Alaikum Assalam,
I should add that I have frequently experienced being too terrified to move, but that I can take such in my stride as a test in Allah of what I am at this time capable of,
wasalam

Allah-creation
08-24-2006, 07:10 PM
my mother sister see shatan. she often see a tall shatan on the corner of the room staring at her. or sometiems she see an aimage of her self right infornt of her. she got used to it, but sometimes she yells!

Samee
08-24-2006, 09:06 PM
Maybe once or twice, I've had a nightmare where I would be trying to say something, but no sound would come out of my mouth. I would be trying to yell to someone in the house, but I just couldn't. After squriming for around 10 seconds, I'd get up.

It usually happened to me during the summer when it got too hot...

Curaezipirid
08-25-2006, 12:13 AM
Alaikum Assalam

It is an easy matter to distinguish between a thing to fear in immediate bodily experience and a thing to fear in heart so thereby in eventual bodily experience, and a thing to fear in mind alone.

Either the danger is apparent right now and is causing pain sensations right now; or there is certainty in the body that to sustain the feelings in correct function the body will be more diffcult during death; or, if the fear is only in mental process then it never manifests in all five physical senses at once.

A shaytan can not possess a person in all five senses equitably at once, but a Jinn can, and will always pay recompense.

wsalam

Sweet_Boy
08-26-2006, 07:57 PM
can i tell you guys something i mean i know im kinda old to say this but reading this thread im scared :-\ i really am ...

Curaezipirid
08-28-2006, 02:52 AM
Alaikum assalam brother(s and sisters who could be feeling fear),

I experience terror in regard my death and thereafter and am quite resigned to normalising my self to such. I rationalise that in the fire during that which will come after this body, the first parts of my self that I wish would burn away to nothing ever again, are those parts of desire to resist the inevitable acceptance of my full account in Allah. So I train my mind towards, and every day I notice new ways that this modern society imposes upon us all desires for what there is no will for. Gradually I am becomming more and more aware that it is factually the most innocent of Human beings whom are accomodating the largest quantities of those projections of desire that is not real and has no will to exist; and that such Human Souls, (and Jinn), are accepting the burdens of such when able to bear without action; but that yet such burdens need to be ended, and the fire is the only way.

I believe that it is decent and good to be able to express fear of real. When we are forced to experience fear of the unreal, that is not good, and can only extend the total time added together of each Human being in the visit through Hell. But in certain knowledge of what is real, how can we not fear? And indeed it is worse, and leads to more ills, if we fear being afraid, and so imagine not to be. That fear of fear itself is what leads into any fall, and thereby is causal to furthering the causes of fear. Whereas the simplicity of fear itself must be acknowledged. There is no shame in fear. When we each accept our full quota of fear, we are able to prevent further causes of occurring. I am able to accomodate more fear than most persons, and can advise that the utmost fear that is healthy to accept, is that fear which causes muscles to contract rather than to loosen. This is the reality in every single person.

I had a prolapse from terror early in life that began when I was three years old, and I am successfully recovered since the age of thirty four. But it was difficult labour. I practised Chinese Tai Chi beneficially and my capacity for fear was increased. The Art of Tai Chi enables me often. When I experience any fear that loosens my muscles, I stop still; then I bend my knees to correct the posture of my spine keeping my head still; then I simply observe the environment until I feel that it is correct to put a voluntary effort into tightening my pelvic floor muscles; and then I begin motion once again, only after there is a new course of action in mind. By this method I am able to contend with persons like Shaytans, and others whom are too effected by lust, but by voluntary work upon my anatomy to cause that they can not cause me into loss by their gains. So in a way I work to imitate their capacity, but in this method I am able to retain certainty.

Just believing the truth is quite frightening enough that none of us need cope also with any fears from Shaytans; but only so long as we are not furthering such by falling into acting within the imagining of. It is of course best to fear your own imagination more than any other aspect of being.

Mu'asalam.

agmn
04-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Al Salam Everyone it is amazing to know that alot of you had the same experience what i want to share with you is that i do believe in Jin all what is mentioned in the qura'an, but this has happened to me alot of time since i was young and the last time like a day ago i used to think that maybe because i wasnt doing so much good in my life in this is to scare me! it freaks me out to the point that i would wake up at least i feel awak i can see everything in the room if someone was there i would see them but no voice i try to move but i cant i would read qura'an i would say athou bellah mn al shaytan al rajeem but nothing would make it go and to be honest it feels much more then seconds to me they are minuts alot of time i would think thats it i am never waking up and i would say the shihada.
the thing is i am praying all 5 prayers i read quraan i say duaas before i sleep i remember the last time i had read ayat el kursi read el muoithat and had surat al mulk playing before i sleep and this was in the afternoon around 2pm and then it happened i calmed my self down but it would go my hands were shaking as i was tyring to move i even experienced like a floating feeling and thought to myself go back to sleep ur fine but i couldnt do anything untill i read al Ekhlas once i said qul howa a it stopped me then i knew i had to say it! it was the only way sure enough i did and once i said allah moving my mouth not in my mind i woke up straigt away!!!

im sry for the long post but there is a deffernce ppl and i still am not sure what i could be.

burdenofbeing
04-14-2009, 03:47 PM
I think many (if not all) of the things associated with jinns are SP, hallucination, delusion, and epilepsy attacks. One could argue that as all of them are electric based in nature, jinns manipulate the elecricity, as they are "fire without smoke" ...

for me, I couldn't care less.

convert
04-14-2009, 03:54 PM
I had one of those sleep paralysis moments my second year at college. I "woke up" but I couldn't move or speak. It really freaked me out. For 10-15 minutes I focused on moving my right hand. When I finally got some small movement, I was able to shake out of it.

Tony
04-14-2009, 08:28 PM
I have experienced this and other stuff such as bed clothes removed (in dream) and a presence making me float by the ceiling, presence making me take a substance and being unable to control anything (in dreams), have been pinned to the bed in waking life and heard breathing in the room and too paralysed to maove, this coincided with a power cut, power came back and I can move again. Also had dreams where the shayatin is a big dragon and is firing questions at me, somehow knowledge flowed from me and the shayatin became smaller as I became larger. I still wake sometimes and feel a presence in the room, whereas b4 I would lend the experience power by being scared and not sleeping, now I just put my trust in Allah and seek refuge with Him and go back to sleep. What is it ? Dont know and dont care anymore, Allah created whatever it is and it has no power to harm me. Subhan Allah

agmn
04-15-2009, 07:33 AM
the thing is i am pearson always seeking for naswers i believe there is an answer for everything, alot of times when it happens i can move my hand so i try to pull myself up, a month would go by then out of nothing i feel the presence in my room sometimes i would be praying when i feel it and thats how i know its back nothing to do with stress also it dosent mater tired or not, scared or not.

and one site said "Recurrent kaboos. This kind of kaboos indicates that a person has been harmed by evil spirits." End quote.

any thoughts?

this is the site.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/75612

agmn
04-15-2009, 07:41 AM
one more thing sometimes i would wake up with bruises my sister would notice and tell me and like i said since i was young.
so tell me if thats normal im seeking for an answer what to do??

burdenofbeing
04-15-2009, 11:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by agmn
one more thing sometimes i would wake up with bruises my sister would notice and tell me and like i said since i was young.
it may be nocturnal epilepsy, or more formally Autosomal dominant nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy

agmn
04-19-2009, 08:33 AM
ya i dont think so im very healthy al hamdulilah

burdenofbeing
04-19-2009, 11:16 AM
well obviously there is something wrong with you!

Tony
04-19-2009, 08:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by agmn
When I was 13 or so I used to wake up with scratches on my back and my my t shirt folded on other side of room, never remembered anything but have put it down to the effects of anxiety due to starting school.

nazish
04-20-2009, 02:13 AM

Same thing happened to me, and I believe you should read Aiyat ul quarsi
The second you read it you will feel better & everything will be fine. :)

agmn
04-22-2009, 04:14 PM
thank you

ghengis
06-15-2009, 04:52 AM
gulp..... nightmare, eyes open, cant move, fear, no voice. no movement, pressure on certain part of body... normally leg... or weight on end of bed...

this has happened to me a few years back.... 3 times... while i was trying to convert to islam.... "transition phase" of conversion.....

hasnt happened in ages.. allhamdilliah.

still get scared occasionally though.

thing things are around me and stuff... watchinf me whilst i make wudu, or at sleepy time....

i had a vision last week.

gulp

in between sleep and wakefullness....
i zoned out.... started daydreaming about living on a farm, i walked into the power generator room and it was full of static... i walked to the middle of the room and i could feel the static.loads of static... i looked to my right and a white angel/jinn thing moved towards me, i fell and snapped out of my trance.... my hairs were all standing on end and i could feel the static...

:( scaredy cat. big time.

themuffinman
06-16-2009, 07:41 AM
actually the sleep paralysis is extremely rare but a normal occurrence and not jin posession. , i read about it a while ago in my psychology book. when you go to sleep and hit REM sleep you mind disconnects from your body thus paralyzing it. most people dont wake up when they have hit REM sleep but it has happened and they experience paralysis for a bit because the paralysis has not worn off yet. sort of like when you reboot your computer it takes time for for the icons to load before you can click on them. the condition is due to an ill-timed disconnection between the brain and the body. Sleep paralysis is the result of premature (or persistent) mind-body disconnection as one is about to enter into (or exit from) REM sleep.

Marie
11-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Is there any pray that could be said to stop it from coming back. I'm having this every night for the past week. If your going to describe it as SP, it's bull****!!

abu_musab461
11-18-2009, 01:56 AM
one of the ways to protect one self from sleep paralysis/ jinn is when you lie down to sleep read the following dua

The prophet (PBUH) said who ever rests in a place, sleeps or sits and reads this dua nothing can harm him, no jinn or poisonous animal etc. As long as he stays there and does not move from that place.

Among the saheeh du’aa’s for refuge that have been narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) are:

“A’oodhu bi kalimaat Allaah al-taammaati min sharri maa khalaq"

(I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allaah from the evil of that which He has created).”(Narrated by Muslim, al-Dhikr wa’l-Du’aa, 4881)

A sahabah came and said "I was stung by a scorpion last night when i was sleeping in a valley. He (pbuh) said not even the scorpion would have harmed you had you read this dua.

And Allah (swt) does Know Best

Abdul Qadir
11-18-2009, 02:05 AM
happened to me umpteenth time until it stopped a few years back..first time this occured, i thought it was death for me...then when it went off, i prayed..then it came on and off..initially, it was scary....but soon, became irritating...the most frustrating thing about this is that i couldn't even move my tongue to recite the Ayat al Kursi...Subahanallah...maybe my faith wasn't strong then? Allahu a'alam...

Insecured soul
11-18-2009, 02:25 AM
**** it happened to me once, it was 5-6 yrs ago i woke and realise i could move. no matter how hard i try and also i couldnt speak. then i realised there was a lot of water coming out of my eyes there was a clock and i saw it was ticking so that made me realise that it wasnt dream. then after a long time i got up and started crying.

ufff i recall that and i feel so scared but thank god it never happend again.

Sameera
11-18-2009, 03:02 AM
Salams,

I don't think sleep paralysis and the jinn are connected. Allah knows best.

I have had both encounters, sleep paralysis, I think it's because of lack of circulation, body weight, anemia or stress, or leaning on your body on one side too much while asleep.

The other occasion was when I went outdoors to bringing in my cat and I felt a dark giant was behind me and somehow my foot got stuck into the road and my back being pressed down...in no time I was on the ground. I felt like something was pressing me down and crushing, burning feeling started happening on my foot ankle and leg and back pressed down, I thought may I am having heart attack so I said the kalima, and I prayed to Allah and I said this wasn't the right time to go because of my young kids being left all alone, and then that burden went away. In fact this happened another time in the kitchen when I had a lot of trauma, both times I was under immense stress and unhappiness.

I think I would call that close to having a stroke.

Forget the Jinn, they are tonally useless, it's a waste of time and effort even thinking about them.

Keep yourself healthy and in good Iman. Trust Allah, in the end we all have to return to Him.

Wasalam

Sameera
11-18-2009, 03:35 AM
^ The time I was in the kitchen and I felt something heavy was on me, I couldn't even breathe even when I tried.

The other time I when I was out to get the cat, it was midnight, quite eerie and not a sound anywhere, I was in the middle of the road and it seemed bumpy that's when I thought it was strange what could happen if say someone fell here, could easily get knocked by a car, my cat was giving me strange glare, it just stared into my eyes in a really weird way, then I tried to get it but that's when it happened, when my foot got stuck. So when I was on the ground, after I said the Kalima, it went away and I wasn't sure what limbs I could move, the foot that was stuck, was weak and I had to limp back home. I had a huge swelling and a bruise when I took the shoe off. Had to go to the emergency as I couldn't walk and this bruise lasted me 6 months. I realized that I may have got diabetic. I was eating too many sweets, chocs when I was depressed and every I ate something sweet the same foot would swell up again. When I did some research I found out that sugar can become very poisonous to the body.

I have left sugars since and my foot has healed & I've not had any kind of problem since.

As for sleep paralysis the cure is again don't have sugars and do plenty of exercise.

I can vouch that reciting Ayatul Kursi really does remove nightmares, subhan Allah.

Okay guys it's past 3.00 pm - No more talk of jinns tonight! :)

Wasalam

Abdul Qadir
11-18-2009, 04:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sameera
^ The time I was in the kitchen and I felt something heavy was on me, I couldn't even breathe even when I tried.

The other time I when I was out to get the cat, it was midnight, quite eerie and not a sound anywhere, I was in the middle of the road and it seemed bumpy that's when I thought it was strange what could happen if say someone fell here, could easily get knocked by a car, my cat was giving me strange glare, it just stared into my eyes in a really weird way, then I tried to get it but that's when it happened, when my foot got stuck. So when I was on the ground, after I said the Kalima, it went away and I wasn't sure what limbs I could move, the foot that was stuck, was weak and I had to limp back home. I had a huge swelling and a bruise when I took the shoe off. Had to go to the emergency as I couldn't walk and this bruise lasted me 6 months. I realized that I may have got diabetic. I was eating too many sweets, chocs when I was depressed and every I ate something sweet the same foot would swell up again. When I did some research I found out that sugar can become very poisonous to the body.

I have left sugars since and my foot has healed & I've not had any kind of problem since.

As for sleep paralysis the cure is again don't have sugars and do plenty of exercise.

I can vouch that reciting Ayatul Kursi really does remove nightmares, subhan Allah.

Okay guys it's past 3.00 pm - No more talk of jinns tonight! :)

Wasalam
LOL...yes..i agree on the ayatal Kursi part...

Iris
11-18-2009, 07:03 PM
Of course Ayat-ul-kursi should be reading before sleeping every night, alongwith the 3 Kul-Surahs and Surah Al Mulk and The Shahadah.

In my opinion the phenomenon described by the OP seems to be a case of hypnagogic/hypnopompic hallucinations, it's happened to me a few times and the first time I freaked out but later I learnt it's just a normal thing. It feels very REAL though, like I'm trying so hard to speak and move but I can't...I didn't have the shaking episode though, that would worry me about epilepsy or other related conditions.

Sometimes doctors do polysomnography(sleep studies) for this purpose...but usually that's done for stuff like sleep-walking, sleep-talking etc.

Iris
11-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Should be read* (sorry, mistake in the previous post)

cat eyes
11-18-2009, 07:43 PM
don't know if its jinn but i had something happen to me where i woke up in the middle of the night and i could not move my right arm all the way up from the shoulder i never had it happen before so it was hell funny i thought:giggling: because of the fact i was half asleep i was not in my senses at all i actually thought somebody cut my arm off

KhadijaBK
01-16-2023, 04:22 PM
I'm here very late and sure no one's going to read this but idk.. so I've had sleep paralysis for over 8 years now. But it has changed over the years and goes through phases. First it was the old hag in the corner of my room or someone sitting on my chest. Then a shadow in the corner of my room. Then just a eerie feeling that something bad would happen and I would see something (once I saw my mother walk out of my room, I moved out when I was 18 so impossible), tried to call out no voice came out, so I followed her soon as I got to the part of the hall where my bathroom was it's like something pulled my backwards back into bed but I was pulled into the ceiling and I was looking at my feet not my head. I woke up the same way I fell asleep. Each time unable to move or speak but always trying to scream for help or trying very hard to move could I thought that would help me break out. The one that freaked me out the most was once I was sleeping over at my parents and it was loop, I would think I broke out and I'm awake but nope I'd be struggling to wake up all over again, the last part my mom came downstairs and started talking to me and she says "you're not up" and then starts laughing like a creepy evil laugh. Then I finally woke up. Then it turned into pins in my legs, I couldn't move and it would feel like my entire legs have fallen asleep x1,000,000,000. These times I was Sikh (the religion I was born into) I would recite what I knew of Paath (prayer)

Now for the past few months it's been completely different. This will happen when I just fall asleep or wake up in the middle of the night. If I just fell asleep it'll feel like I'm still awake but I get a eerie scary feeling and I think I should get up and turn the tv on for volume etc.. always something different, then I can't move and suddenly my entire body starts vibrating violently and I start reciting Surah Al-Faatiha, Or the "I seek refuge.." (i've reverted to Islam) and it just gets more violent from then on until I force myself to wake up. N if I don't get up right away I'll go straight back into it. When I'm trying to get up it feels like I'm soooo exausted and I just keep falling back into bed.

I know this is all sleep but it scares me.. it usually happens when Im exhausted but it just doesn't make sense. It feels so real. Last night it was different again, I was dreaming but then I was in my bed and I hear someone walking up to the head of my bed and crouch by my ear, that's when the vibrating starts and I hear someone trying to open one of those push doors that have a horizontal bar along the door over and over. It felt so real.. I don't even know I was so scared. Started praying and the. Woke up feeling exhausted. I really wish there were more answers

saiaa
02-02-2023, 11:03 AM
To start off, I have some jinns living in my house. A lot of weird things happen which would take long to explain, but these jinn don’t ever touch me, they only do weird things like make me see figures or slam the doors. I’ve been in this house for years and i’m not afraid of jinn but lately I’ve been having recurring nightmares where I’m paralysed. While paralysed I always see something scary in my nightmares like a creepy face staring at me or a figure, last night it was a black shadow that strangled me. I couldn’t move or speak in my dream but my voice couldn’t come out. This only happens in my dreams and when I wake up i’m fine which is weird bc sleep paralysis usually happens when people are awake and they can see they’re room but they can’t move.

I don’t know what this could be or how to solve it. Alhamdullilah i read namaz 5 times a day, i read the three quls and Aiyat al kursi before sleeping (which helped) but for some reason even the quls won’t help anymore. What could this be??

Muhammad
02-03-2023, 08:08 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

It is important for us all to read the adhkar before sleeping as this is a means of protection.
From: Du’a before Sleeping (List of Sound Hadiths) - Islam Question & Answer (islamqa.info)

Dhikr before sleeping

There are so many sound du‘as for sleeping that were narrated in the Prophet’s Sunnah that Imam an-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said:
“You should understand that the hadiths and reports concerning this matter are many; what we have mentioned is sufficient for the one who is enabled to act upon them. We refrain from quoting more for fear of tiring the student. Moreover, it is better for a person to do all that is mentioned concerning that, but if that is not possible, he should stick to what he is able to do of the most important thereof.” (Al-Adhkar, p.95)

Hadiths about du`a before sleeping

We will list here the sahih hadiths concerning this matter:

Blowing into the cupped palms

1– Blowing into the cupped palms and reciting the three mu‘awwidhat [surahs seeking refuge with Allah, the last three surahs of the Quran]:
It was narrated from ‘Aishah (may Allah be pleased with her) that when the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) went to his bed every night, he would put his cupped hands together, then blow into them, then recite into them Qul Huwa Allahu ahad, Qul a'udhu bi Rabb il-Falaq and Qul a'udhu bi Rabb il-Nas [i.e., the last three surahs of the Quran), then he would wipe his hands over as much of his body as he could, starting with his head and face, and the front part of his body. He would do that three times.
The word translated here as blow refers to spitting lightly and drily. Narrated by al-Bukhari (5017).

Reciting Ayat al-Kursiy

2- Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said:
The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) put me in charge of guarding the collected zakah of Ramadan. Someone came and started to rummage in the food. I took hold of him and said, I will surely take you to the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him).… He [the one who came and rummaged in the food] said, When you go to your bed, recite Ayat al-Kursiy and you will be protected by Allah, and no devil will come near you until morning. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “He told you the truth even though he is a liar. That was a devil.” Narrated by al-Bukhari (2311).

Reciting the last two verses of Surah al-Baqarah

3– Abu Mas‘ud (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said:
“Whoever recites the last two verses of Surah al-Baqarah every night, they will suffice him.” Narrated by al-Bukhari (5009) and Muslim (808).
The scholars differed as to what is meant by “they will suffice him.” It was said that it means they will protect him from harm during the night; or they will take the place of praying qiyam on that night. It may be that both are meant. And Allah knows best.

Reciting Surah al-Kafirun

4– Nawfal al-Ashja‘i (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said to me: “Recite ‘Say: O disbelievers’ [al-Kafirun 109], then go to sleep at the end of it, for it is a disavowal of shirk.” Narrated by Abu Dawud (5055); classed as hasan by Ibn Hajar in Nataij al-Afkar (3/61).

Reciting Surah al-Isra

5– ‘Aishah (may Allah be pleased with her) said: The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) would not sleep before he recited Bani Israil [al-Isra] and az-Zumar. Narrated by at-Tirmidhi (3402); he said: a hasan hadith. It was classed as hasan by al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar in Nataij al-Afkar (3/65).

Reciting Surah az-Zumar

6– The evidence for this is the hadith quoted above.

Saying ‘Bismika Allahumma amutu wa ahya’

7– Hudhayfah ibn al-Yaman (may Allah be pleased with him) said:
When the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) wanted to sleep , he would say, “Bismika Allahumma amutu wa ahya (In your name, O Allah, I die and I live)”, and when he woke up he would say “Al-hamdu Lillah alladhi ahyana ba’da ma amatana wa ilayhi al-nushur (Praise be to Allah who has brought us back to life after causing us to die, and to Him is the resurrection).” Narrated by al-Bukhari (6324).

Saying ‘Allahumma aslamtu nafsi ilayk…’

8– Al-Bara ibn ‘Azib said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “When you go to bed, do wudu as if for prayer, then lie down on your right side, then say: ‘Allahumma aslamtu nafsi ilayk, wa wajjahtu wajhi ilayk, wa fawwadtu amri ilayk, wa aljatu zahri ilayk, raghbatan wa rahbatan ilayk, la malja wa la manja minka illa ilayk. Amantu bi kitabik alladhi anzalt, wa bi nabiyyik alladhi arsalt (O Allah, I submit myself to You, I turn my face to You, I delegate my affairs to You and I rely totally on You, out of fear and hope of You. There is no refuge or sanctuary from You except in You. I believe in Your Book which You have revealed and in Your Prophet whom You have sent).’ Then if you die, you will have died on the fitrah, (natural state), so make these the last words you speak.” I repeated [these words] to the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and when I reached the words “Amantu bi kitabik alladhi anzalt (I believe in Your Book which You have revealed)”, I said, “wa bi rasulika (and in Your Messenger).” He said: “No; ‘wa bi nabiyyika (and in Your Prophet)’.” Narrated by al-Bukhari (6311) and Muslim (2710).

Saying ‘Bismika Rabbi wada’tu janbi…’

9– Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said:
“When one of you goes to his bed, let him dust off his bed with the inside of his lower garment, for he does not know what came onto it after he left it. Then let him say: Bismika Rabbi wada’tu janbi wa bika arfa’uhu wa in amsakta nafsi farhamha wa in arsaltaha fahfazha bima tuhfaz bihi ‘ibadika al-saalihin (In Your name, my Lord, I lie down, and in Your name I rise. If You should take my soul then have mercy on it, and if You should return my soul then protect it as You protect Your righteous slaves).””. Narrated by al-Bukhari (6320) and Muslim (2714).

Saying Subhan Allah, al-hamdulillah, Allahu akbar

10– It was narrated from ‘Ali ibn Abi Talib that Fatimah (may Allah be pleased with her) went to the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and asked him for a servant. He said:
“Shall I not tell you of something that is better for you than that? When you go to sleep, glorify Allah (by saying Subhan Allah) thirty-three times, praise Allah (by saying Al-hamdu Lillah) thirty-three times, and magnify Him (by saying Allahu akbar) thirty-four times.” And I have never abandoned [that practice] since then. It was said: Not even on the night of Siffin? He said: Not even on the night of Siffin. Narrated by al-Bukhari (5362) and Muslim (2727).

Saying ‘Allahumma qini ‘adhabaka yawma tab’ath ‘ibadaka’

11– It was narrated from Hafsah (may Allah be pleased with her) that when the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) wanted to sleep, he would put his right hand under his right cheek, then he would say: “Allahumma qini ‘adhabaka yawma tab’ath ‘ibadaka (O Allah, protect me from Your punishment on the Day You resurrect Your slaves)” three times. Narrated by Abu Dawud (5045); classed as sahih by al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar in Fath al-Bari (11/119).

Saying ‘Al-hamdu Lillah alladhi at’amana wa saqana…’

12– Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that when the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) went to his bed, he said: “Al-hamdu Lillah alladhi at’amana wa saqana wa kafana wa awana fakam mimman la kafi lahu wa la muwi (Praise be to Allah, Who fed us and gave us to drink, and Who is sufficient for us and has sheltered us, for how many have none to suffice them or shelter them).” Narrated by Muslim (2715).

Saying ‘Allahumma khalaqta nafsi wa anta tawaffaha…’

13- ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar narrated that he instructed a man, when he went to his bed, to say:
“Allahumma khalaqta nafsi wa anta tawaffaha, laka mamatuha wa mahyaya. In ahyaytaha fahfazha wa in amattaha faghfir laha. Allahumma inni asaluka al-‘afiyah (O Allah, You have created my soul and it is for You to take it in death. Its death and its life are in Your hand. If You cause it to live then protect it and if You cause it to die then forgive it. O Allah, I ask You to keep me safe and sound).”
A man said to him: Did you hear that from ‘Umar? He said: From one who is better than ‘Umar, from the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him). Narrated by Muslim (2712).

Saying ‘Allahumma Rabb as-samawati wa Rabb al-ard…’

14– Suhayl said: Abu Salih used to tell us, if one of us wanted to sleep, to lie down on his right side and say:
“Allahumma Rabb as-samawati wa Rabb al-ard wa Rabb al-‘arsh il-‘azim, Rabbana wa Rabba kulli shayin, Faliq al-habb wa’l-nawa wa munzil at-Tawrati wa’l-Injili wa’l-Furqan, a‘udhu bika min sharri kulli shayin anta akhidhun bi nasiyatihi. Allahumma anta al-awwalu fa laysa qablaka shayun, wa anta al-akhiru fa laysa ba’daka shayun, wa anta az-zahiru fa laysa fawqaka shayun wa anta al-batin fa laysa dunaka shayun. Iqdi ‘anna al-dayna wa aghnina min al-faqri (O Allah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the mighty Throne, our Lord and Lord of all things, Splitter of the seed and the date stone, Revealer of the Tawrat (Torah), the Injil (Gospel) and the Furqan (Quran), I seek refuge in You from the evil of every creature that You seize by the forelock [i.e., have full control over them]. O Allah, You are the First and there is nothing before You; You are the Last and there is nothing after You. You are the Manifest (al-Zahir) and there is nothing above You; You are the Hidden (al-Batin) and there is nothing beyond You. Settle our debt and spare us from poverty).” He narrated that from Abu Hurayrah, from the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him). Narrated by Muslim (2713).

Saying ‘Allahumma inni a‘udhu bi wajhika al-karimi…’

15– It was narrated from ‘Ali (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) that he used to say when going to his bed: “Allahumma inni a‘udhu bi wajhika al-karimi wa kalimatik at-tammati min sharri ma anta akhidhun bi nasiyatihi; Allahumma anta takshif al-maghram wa’l-matham; Allahumma la yuhzamu junduka wa la yukhlafu wa‘duka wa la yanfa‘u dha’l-jaddi minka al-jadd. Subhanaka wa bihamdika (O Allah, I seek refuge in Your noble countenance and Your perfect words from the evil of all things that You seize by the forelock [i.e., have full control over them]. O Allah, You remove debt and sin. O Allah, Your troops will not be defeated, Your promise will not be broken, nor can the richness of a rich man avail him anything before You, glory and praise be to You).” Narrated by Abu Dawud (5052); classed as sahih by an-Nawawi in al-Adhkar (p. 111) and by Ibn Hajar in Nataij al-Afkar (2/384).

Saying ‘Bismillahi wada‘tu janbi…’

16– It was narrated from Abu’l-Azhar al-Anmari that when the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) went to his bed at night, he said:
“Bismillahi wada‘tu janbi, Allahumma ighfir li dhanbi wa akhsi shaytani wa fukka rihani waj‘alni fi’n-nadi al-a‘la (In the name of Allah I lie down. O Allah, forgive me my sins, suppress my shaytan, ransom me and join me with the highest assembly [meaning the angels on high]). Narrated by Abu Dawud (5054); classed as hasan by an-Nawawi in al-Adhkar (p. 125) and by al-Haafiz in Nataij al-Afkar (3/60).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.