/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Simpsons

*KB*
02-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Salam

i heard this a while ago that simpsons is some thing to do with the devil and its haram to watch. is this true? so i stopped watching it.

sssoorrrrrrryyyy if any1 likes simpsons!:X

Wasalam
Peace Out!
*KB*
:okay:
:coolsis:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend2
02-18-2006, 02:09 PM
salaam,

simpsons was mentioned in the shadows tape as it offended religion and God. in one case homer said that he was God, and in another it basically took the mik out of muslims.

i dont think cartoons like this are good to watch, because they can corrupt minds, but then again people can argue saying it is just light humour.

Allah knows best, but personally i think its best if it isnt seen.

wassalam

*KB*
02-18-2006, 02:12 PM
thanks sis

cheeking other pple's religion isn't really called FUN so i agree wid u!

Duhaa
02-18-2006, 02:16 PM
I heard it was something to do with freemasons. (I think theres a thread on them in the general chat section if you want further details.)
Dont ask me to explain because I have no idea how and what it has to do with it but its something I've been told.
I used to watch it a lot and found it funny but i was told about the freemason thing afterwards when we'd chucked the TV out.
May Allah forgive us. Ameen.
Like Sis nazia said its better not to watch it. Where theres doubt dont do.
And anyway you're not supposed to watch TV.....but thats a different story!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
czgibson
02-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Greetings,

The Simpsons is the best TV show I've ever seen, and I can't imagine how watching it could be considered harmful. Even the Archbishop of Canterbury is a fan, saying: "It is one of the most subtle pieces of propaganda in the cause of sense, humility and virtue."

I think the freemasons connection is a reference to one episode where a secret society very like the freemasons is featured.

Peace

Cheb
02-18-2006, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Duhaa
And anyway you're not supposed to watch TV.....but thats a different story!!
:sl:
I am interested to know about this. May I ask why we are not suppose to watch TV?
:w:

Duhaa
02-18-2006, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cheb
:sl:
I am interested to know about this. May I ask why we are not suppose to watch TV?
:w:
Look on this and go to the Bro zAk's post. I could tell you but it would be off topic. :okay:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...ght=Television

Basically men and women are supposed to lower their gazes and not look at the opposite sex except for mahram right?
So when watching TV do men and women not look at the opposite sex?
And also taking pictures is not allowed because only God is the creator, how can we try and copy his work?
So isnt the TV worse as it contains moving pictures?
Theres loads more but most of its on the pages given above. :sister:

Takumi
02-18-2006, 03:16 PM
So we can't watch Amr Khaled on TV? How about the live cast of the prayers in masjidil haraam and the pictures of Shaykh Sudaisi, Shuraim...

Duhaa
02-18-2006, 03:17 PM
Sorry dont know who he is.
Am I supposed to know?

In answer to your question I would say that looking at all the ahaadith we have aswell as aayaat forbidding us from doing such things I would say no.
Allah knows best.
P.S. Go on ask Imam website and look.
I could do it for you but you'll know what you're looking for.

Takumi
02-18-2006, 03:18 PM
No you're not. It's good that you don't know.

afriend2
02-18-2006, 03:37 PM
salaam,

we have Islam channel on tv, and that is why we kept it. it is so beneficial. yes you are forbidden to watch haraam stuff, however tv can be used for good and bad. it isnt the actual tv that is haraam, but what you choose to watch decides upon it.

Allah knows best, all i know is that i would be upset if i missed my nasheeds, sheikhs, and recitations.

wassalam

Trumble
02-18-2006, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Duhaa
I heard it was something to do with freemasons. (I think theres a thread on them in the general chat section if you want further details.)
Dont ask me to explain because I have no idea how and what it has to do with it but its something I've been told.
I used to watch it a lot and found it funny but i was told about the freemason thing afterwards when we'd chucked the TV out.

Sometimes people need to judge for themselves rather than listen to third-hand rumours and stories. If anyone finds the Simpsons offensive, don't watch it. If you just think its harmless entertainment, then why not watch it?

The only link with Freemasons was one episode that actually parodied Freemasonry.

Neon Teen
02-17-2012, 12:30 PM
i dont really know abiut dat n i dont like dat cartoon either

Who Am I?
02-17-2012, 04:30 PM
Whoa, serious thread necromancy again!

scaledphp?server34&ampfilename3739013167c03b7660d3&ampres -

I don't think the Simpsons is of the Devil. I just think it's a crappy cartoon. ;D

Muezzin
02-17-2012, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Neon Teen
i dont really know abiut dat n i dont like dat cartoon either
This required bumping a six-year-old dormant thread?

Abz2000
02-17-2012, 11:29 PM
copy pasted this:

First thing you must understand is that these elites who’ve sold their souls to the devil only want two things from you mainly. The first thing is that they want to increase is materialism in the world so that people will just be mindless consumers. They achieve this through rigorous marketing and advertising to sell you the notion that true happiness lies in buying new things. The second and more important thing for them is that they aim to increase the population of Atheists. Atheism is at an all time high today than it has ever been before. The achieve this goal in a lot of different ways. The most important tool that they use to accomplish their goal is “The Theory of Evolution” by Charles Darwin. The crazy theory that we evolved from monkeys that they teach in our very own schools. Never do they mention religion in public schools because it isn’t a part of the plan and it never was. They also use the media and entertainment greatly to achieve this goal. For example, if you watch the Simpsons, they glorify the stupid father “Homer” and he always saves the day. Yet when it comes to his God fearing neighbour Ned Flanders, they do the exact opposite with that character, to demean religion and to show the children who watch it that religion isn’t “cool”. The creator of the Simpsons Matt Groening is a self proclaims Anarchist. He openly admitted that he created the Simpsons for the sole purpose of Indoctrinating and spreading his beliefs amongst the millions of people who watch it world wide. Its no coincidence that its been on the air since 1985 and is still going strong.

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2012, 07:44 AM
It's just a cartoon. Chill. :exhausted

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!