/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning To You

miseshayek
02-18-2006, 03:57 PM
What a delight to find this Forum! I have been posting regularly to the about.com Islam Forum for about two years, but what I was looking for when I started that association was some place where I could obtain answers to semi-techinical questions about Islam. That is not the place, albeit the monitor does what she can and has provided an excellent front page. Hopefully this is such a place.

I am, however, concerned about two points in the posting guidelines, and I hope that the Forum Monitors will help me with those points.

First of all, it is stated that

"12.This is not a Fiqh discussion board. Prolonged threads arguing over Fatwas and the details of Islamic law will be closed. Avoid asking questions that require a Scholar or Shaykh, as there is no one on the board qualified to answer your questions. Please use other knowledgeable means such as a scholar, Imam or knowledgeable person in your area or provide sources.
"
While I do not expect to reach the level of where I am engaged in such discussions anytime soon, are there some Scholars or Shaykh online who one can be referred to if such matters do arise?

Secondly [and I did not copy this one because of technological limitations] there is a prohibition against posting unapproved urls within messages. My issue with this is that, when a topic is very large, I will sometimes post a link to a book or article discussing the topic. I can assure you in advance that such links will not post to anti-Islamic or anti-Muslim material, as I do not believe in promoting hatred or misunderstanding. Is this not permitted? If it is not, can I at least post a citation to such material that is not a link?

Otherwise I look forward to interactions in this Forum, its technical basis is certainly extremely well designed, and the designers are to be complimented for providing to the rest of humanity a most excellent resource.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
02-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Hello and welcome to LI forums!

It is a pleasure to have you with us and I look forward to reading your posts!

format_quote Originally Posted by miseshayek
While I do not expect to reach the level of where I am engaged in such discussions anytime soon, are there some Scholars or Shaykh online who one can be referred to if such matters do arise?
Yes, there are many Shaykhs that you can contact on the internet should the need arise; and since there aren't any on the forum, we will try our best to refer you to the appropriate places.

Secondly [and I did not copy this one because of technological limitations] there is a prohibition against posting unapproved urls within messages. My issue with this is that, when a topic is very large, I will sometimes post a link to a book or article discussing the topic. I can assure you in advance that such links will not post to anti-Islamic or anti-Muslim material, as I do not believe in promoting hatred or misunderstanding. Is this not permitted? If it is not, can I at least post a citation to such material that is not a link?
I think you are referring to rule #23, and I don't see a problem with what you said. The rule is mainly referring to links that are unrepresentative of Islam, therefore your links should be fine :)

Thankyou for taking out the time to read through our FAQ and on behalf of the staff, I thank you for your compliments :)

Enjoy your stay!

Warm Regards.

The Ruler
02-18-2006, 04:27 PM
Salam...

welcum to da forum...:)

Wassalam

:sister:

Ibrar
02-18-2006, 04:29 PM
You are Most Welcome!!!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansar Al-'Adl
02-18-2006, 04:29 PM
Hello miseshayek and welcome to Load-Islam forums! :)

It is likewise a delight for us to have you join our forum and engage in friendly dialogue. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. You write:
format_quote Originally Posted by miseshayek
The vast majority of common questions are usually answered on this forum. The rule you mentioned is referring to either a prolonged argument over an issue where there is legitemate difference of opinion amongst the scholars or a question asked by a member for their specific situation, seeking a fatwa (religious ruling). In such instances, we refer members to other sites where scholars respond to such questions such as IslamToday.com.

Secondly [and I did not copy this one because of technological limitations] there is a prohibition against posting unapproved urls within messages. My issue with this is that, when a topic is very large, I will sometimes post a link to a book or article discussing the topic. I can assure you in advance that such links will not post to anti-Islamic or anti-Muslim material, as I do not believe in promoting hatred or misunderstanding.
In which case you have nothing to worry about. :)

Here are some great sites for learning the basics of Islam:
http://www.beconvinced.com
http://www.path-to-peace.com
http://www.load-islam.com
http://www.islamtoday.com
Be sure to also check out the list of Islamic resources here:
http://www.islamicboard.com/educatio...resources.html

Regards

miseshayek
02-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Thank you very much to those who responded to my Introductory post. I look forward to a long and productive relationship with this Forum [paticularly once I figure out how to fully navigate this most excellent but somewhat complex software interface].

afriend
02-18-2006, 05:46 PM
It is no longer moring anymore....LOL.....only joking

But welcome, any problems you are having will be sorted out by one of the many kind members on the forum.

Enjoy your stay.

miseshayek
02-19-2006, 04:47 PM
zAK,

I took a look at your personal page. It is absolutely magnificent [as to the pictures] and delightful [as to the quotations and stories].

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.