/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am Saddened by all of you

Malt
02-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Let me start of to say this is not an attack. Just a confession of sorts.

I am one of the most tolerant people ever. When I see any reports or read any articles on any form of discrimination, be it Racial, Religous, Sexist, or any other form.. it disgusts me, and I wonder why people cannot just realise that it doesnt matter..

But What I have to say is as of lately, I do not feel the same about the Islamic people. Ive head people implying that Islamic people should leave this country (Australia) and of course I responded to them in a hostile way, telling them that they were disciminitive and unfair. Now after viewing the over reactions, intolerance, and near fanatic behaviour of you, It makes me wonder If there IS any place for people like you in our Society. Your ideals appear to clash with ours.

It is a shame you have brought someone who had solid views on tolerance to ALL people, to think nearly the opposite about Islam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend
02-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Hmmmmm....well u gotta understand that it's just a teeny weeny handful of retards among us that are intollerant, fanatics and extremists.

I don't mind getting coughed on in the streets by hate filled people, i'll just sit back and let them make a fool of me.....That's the concept you want us to have.

THAT's great!!!!!

NOT!

I was coughed on by a stupid person on the HIGH STREET today as i was returning from my class, and i see a great difference in attitude towards me now that i have taken up Islamic clothing, i didn't do anything and just walked away.....I could have said something at least...

That's the way you want us to play it?

Of course, you anger us, we will be angered, but if it's just a small matter like...i dunno......MOST OF US "NON-RETARDS" will just walk away and tollerate it.

czgibson
02-18-2006, 05:59 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Malt
Let me start of to say this is not an attack.
It certainly reads like one.

Now after viewing the over reactions, intolerance, and near fanatic behaviour of you, It makes me wonder If there IS any place for people like you in our Society. Your ideals appear to clash with ours.
Are you accusing all Muslims of behaving in this way?

Peace

akulion
02-18-2006, 06:09 PM
Salam Alaikum

I am one of the most tolerant people ever. When I see any reports or read any articles on any form of discrimination, be it Racial, Religous, Sexist, or any other form.. it disgusts me, and I wonder why people cannot just realise that it doesnt matter..
It does matter! If one people allow themselves to be discriminated against then they are just asking for it. So people have to stand up for their rights and let it be heard.

But What I have to say is as of lately, I do not feel the same about the Islamic people. Ive head people implying that Islamic people should leave this country (Australia) and of course I responded to them in a hostile way, telling them that they were disciminitive and unfair. Now after viewing the over reactions, intolerance, and near fanatic behaviour of you, It makes me wonder If there IS any place for people like you in our Society. Your ideals appear to clash with ours.
I resonate czgibsons comment "Are you accusing all Muslims of behaving this way?"

It is a shame you have brought someone who had solid views on tolerance to ALL people, to think nearly the opposite about Islam.
No one brought you to anything - we each walk a path and like you said "it dosent matter" so if it truly dosent matter as you say then why is it changing you?

You have to realize the same way you are being offended and being disgusted by "us Muslims"

the same way there are many Muslims who get disgusted by the actions of the Danish newspaper and then to top it off Norway joins in , France joins in and then to make matters worse Italy joins in as well on pupose to aleviate the matter further!

So please think carefully - It may "not matter" to on lookers but to those to whom it is directed it certainly does matter!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
shorouk
02-18-2006, 06:20 PM
Malt : peace
if u were tolerant as u say you would know that wen certain ppl that belong to a group do something that does not mean it is the majority...
for example: there are mnay christians who are bad ppl... who abuse us and hate us YET there are very good, generous, humane and simply nice christians whom we befriend,

just because for example one of them did somethign inapproraite does not mean that ALL OF THEM ARE TEH SAME....

the same goes for Jews and Muslims
Just because u know, seen etc some muslims doing sth negative , bad or destructive DOES NOT MEAN ALL OF US ARE THE SAME WAY...
WITH THE MENTALITY THAT U HAVE ALLOW ME TO SAY U ARE NOT AT ALL TOLERant....

did u read about islam from well known sources before u came with that conclusion??
the muslims u see on Tv are not really muslim or they are but they understand it wrong...they think what they are doigis a part of islam IT IS NOT ? DID U KNOW JIHAD IS NOT BAOUT FIGHTING THE ENEMIES?? did u know that > i dont htink so
allow me to define it
jihad: is ANYTHING be it worship, helpiing, learning wrking, defending etc etc for the sake of allah(god) so tehse extremist understand islam wrong..
i hope i was clear:D
besides u seem like a smart person... do u really belive everythign teh media says ????

ok look if u want to know more about our prophet visit: www.amrkhaled.net
click on top on the languages part and pick ur language...

btw excuse me but wat is Jedi??
thank u and peace...

czgibson
02-18-2006, 06:27 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by shorouk
btw excuse me but wat is Jedi??
A Jedi is someone who is wise in the ways of the Force...

They're found in Star Wars. See here for much, much more detail:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedi

Peace

Muhammad
02-18-2006, 06:37 PM
Greetings,

There isn't much to add in response to the original post, however, speaking of Australians and Jedi's...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/2218456.stm

So I take it that the Jedi faith actually is based on the Star Wars films? I thought they were unrelated. Quite an interested report though... it seems like it's not actually recognised as a proper religion yet.

Peace :)

Snowflake
02-18-2006, 06:38 PM
Malt: Now after viewing the over reactions, intolerance, and near fanatic behaviour of you,
As you addressed the whole muslim nation, I presume that includes me too. Before submitting your post, did you stop to think that there are billions of muslims who have not resorted to extreme displays of anger and only signed petitions to protest against the offensive peacefully? Then you may find it surprising, that neither I, or any other muslim I know has behaved in the way you've described. In fact, I'm against extremism of any sort. You have done a good job of tarring everyone with the same brush. I pity you for your thinking.

shorouk
02-18-2006, 06:42 PM
nadia i agree with u :D
czgibson
thnx for defining it for me....

Snowflake
02-18-2006, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shorouk
nadia i agree :D.
Fanks sis!
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

It certainly reads like one.

Are you accusing all Muslims of behaving in this way?

Peace
Greetings

This is really nice to see. Your beliefs aside... when it comes to muslims, you have the common sense to see the facts for what they really are. This gives me hope that one day you will also realise that God does exist.

Muezzin
02-18-2006, 07:03 PM

But What I have to say is as of lately, I do not feel the same about the Islamic people. Ive head people implying that Islamic people should leave this country (Australia) and of course I responded to them in a hostile way, telling them that they were disciminitive and unfair.
You're right.

Now after viewing the over reactions, intolerance, and near fanatic behaviour of you, It makes me wonder If there IS any place for people like you in our Society. Your ideals appear to clash with ours.
You're making the fatal mistake of grouping an entire group of people into one vacuous mass. I think you're referring to the demonstrations, some of which degenerated into riots. However, these debacles are not indicative of the attitude of every single person who calls themselves Muslim. I wonder if you have read about the peaceful protests in London recently, or Pakistan before then.

And it is a shame that you are judging an entire collection of people by the violent actions of certain groups, while ignoring the peaceful protests of many others.

north_malaysian
02-19-2006, 05:57 AM
Hello!!!

I think this is what 99.99% Muslims do worldwide:

1) Wake Up, take shower, ready for work
2) Subh Prayer
3) Breakfast
4) Work
5) Lunch
6) Zuhr Prayer
7) Work
8) Asr Prayer
9) Back Home
10) Dinner
11) Maghrib prayer
12) Isya' Prayer
13) Watch tv with family
14) Sleep

We have no time to burn other people embassy, no time to be racist, no time to demonstrate. It's saddening for us who live as usual as other religious groups to be labelled intolerance, racist etc.

We have to work in order to eat. We have to eat in order to submit ourselves to God.

Those punks you've seen on tv are zealots who are jobless, aimless in life and have other hidden agendas.

:offended:

abdul Majid
02-19-2006, 06:32 AM
Hey Malt Your Just An Iggnorant Person, No Better Than The Rest....

And You Make No Sense !!!

Lush
02-19-2006, 06:37 AM
Malt,

You can hardly blame the world's entire Muslim population. This is mindless and unfair.

Cheb
02-19-2006, 07:27 AM
:sl:
Please dont hate me for saying this but I think we are being a little too harsh with Malt here. See his views are his own, so are his feelings. So rather than saying that he is ignorant, not tolerant ect. I think you should look at his actions. Rather than join the "I hate Islam group" he has taken the time to express his concerns to US, and not anyone else. Doing so makes me see that he is actually looking for an explanation and wants to change his mind rather than trying to attack us. And mashalla you have given good explanations but I think we can do that without judging him.
That said, I would also like to say that what my fellow Muslims and 1 Atheist:) have done a good job with their posts. Just to add to that, if you do not yet believe that it is a minority of uneducated Muslims then you can do the numbers yourself. Take the violent protests that have been caused by Muslims, count how many of them were involved. They will not exceed a few thousand. Now divide that number by the total number of Muslims (1.2 billion) = Minority.
Muslims are also taking steps to try and stop violent protests, but it is hard to predict when a peaceful one will turn violent.
I hope you have changed your views Malt. If not please continue to express your opinion on this thread and we will try to help.
:w:

abdul Majid
02-19-2006, 07:30 AM
brother, this whooolllleee issue with muslims, the united snakes government, and israel, is deepeer than we all know.... may ALLAH(swt) help us and grant us victory inshallah ...amen

sargon
02-19-2006, 08:50 AM
There's a big problem right now... people that don't really know any good Muslims have this big misconception, and you can't really blame it all on them, of course it's their fault as well but the bigger blame goes to the evilness of media and those greedy evil people that orchastrate the masses into submission to evil.

But yeah, Malt, if you met someone that truly lived the Sunnah, you'd understand what a real Muslim is.

So much lack of communication and understanding!!! Something has to be done!

Insha Allah our Ummah will rise, soon I hope.

shanu
02-19-2006, 09:27 AM
hmm u blame us 4 a bunch of retards
Haiz
How many times i have to repeat this example
U see a wall, and a big black dot on it
Wad do u see wen u look at da wall?
A BLACK DOT
But did u ever bother to talk abt the white arnd the balck dot?
Just like that, a handful of retards make us all look rotten? Generalistaion is bad my dear friend. Hmm, will u pls read the seerah on the Prophet. I know our muslim bros n sis, some of dem have gone astray. but still there are some of us who believe in da prophet's peaceful ways?? Its sad wad ppl did. Im ashamed of dem. If the Prophet had seen this, he'd be very sad. He taught us the word peace, and some rather believe in violence. I would urge u to read it, so u wouldnt have this bad impression on us
Peace on u

Malt
02-19-2006, 10:07 AM
I expected no less response than I was given. From the majority an aggressive comeback telling me oh how wrong I am in my Opinion (which as much as youd like to force me to think otherwise, I will keep)

Saying the majority of Muslims are not like what has given me this impression Is false. This very forum is what prompted me to have to post this. "Boycott Denmark products" "Jarhead = Jihad... Movie Conspiracy against Muslims".

Overly Sensitive, constantly afraid, easily offended, over reactive. Those are words I would use to describe the majority of Muslims. If you on this board represent the lower end of the religion (Ie not Fanatics) then its no wonder I have these impressions.

Learn to accept peoples opinions. It does not matter If someone pokes fun at your religion, or your people. As long as it isnt discrimination, it does not matter. Newpapers in western nations poke fun at everything, Our own leaders, Religious or Political, other well known Identities, even stereotyped groups within society. Take it on the chin, and get over it.

I will wait in amusement for the barrage of even more aggressive response posts to file in, thus further proving my point.

afriend
02-19-2006, 10:08 AM
handful of retards
NOOOOOO, retards is my word........

Only joking.

But that was a good similitude sister S.

Malt
02-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Just a side note. I do not for one second think that EVERY muslim is like this. I am not so Naive, But it is an alarmingly large amount who share these views.
Even those who do not take un-nessacary action, but hold with the closed minded views are within the scope of my original post.
Im deeply sorry if it offends you but its the impressision given to me not only by the media but the Muslims posting in this thread.

afriend
02-19-2006, 10:12 AM
I expected no less response than I was given. From the majority an aggressive comeback telling me oh how wrong I am in my Opinion (which as much as youd like to force me to think otherwise, I will keep)

Saying the majority of Muslims are not like what has given me this impression Is false. This very forum is what prompted me to have to post this. "Boycott Denmark products" "Jarhead = Jihad... Movie Conspiracy against Muslims".

Overly Sensitive, constantly afraid, easily offended, over reactive. Those are words I would use to describe the majority of Muslims. If you on this board represent the lower end of the religion (Ie not Fanatics) then its no wonder I have these impressions.

Learn to accept peoples opinions. It does not matter If someone pokes fun at your religion, or your people. As long as it isnt discrimination, it does not matter. Newpapers in western nations poke fun at everything, Our own leaders, Religious or Political, other well known Identities, even stereotyped groups within society. Take it on the chin, and get over it.

I will wait in amusement for the barrage of even more aggressive response posts to file in, thus further proving my point.

OHHHHH!!!

So it's an opinion now is it? ok:

See, you get caught out very quickly, if u had said it was your opinion then we wouldn't have done anything so against you, but you were making it out as though it is fact that all muslims are Fanatics and extremists and war lovers...........I don't understand..........Please explain.

abdul Majid
02-19-2006, 10:13 AM
Malt You Know Some People Are Denined The Truth By Their Media !!
Yes People Are Angry !! Ofcorse, They See Their Brothers ,sisters,children, Getting Killed, Raped, Murdered, Beated, Everyday....you Cant Smile About It, We Care About Each Other As Muslims,,

Muslims Meaning= And Islamer Persay In English

Malt
02-19-2006, 10:18 AM
Iqram, I do not care what you choose to believe about me. I know myself as a person better than Anyone else and That is why I believe it is a damn shame that I have been lead to form this Opinion I have about Muslims as a whole.
If you happen to think little of me then good for you, It does not affect me at all.

I recognise now that alot of Muslims do not subscribe to the views that I am adverse to, and while I will never agree with the basic principles you all believe in, I can without any trouble at all support your right to believe them.

It is when action begins being taken within my own borders, borders of a country with views that contradict your own, that I begin to get annoyed.

And i will re-iterate it was not an attack, those who strait away imply that It was are just looking for trouble.. Its un-nessacary.

afriend
02-19-2006, 10:23 AM
Iqram, I do not care what you choose to believe about me. I know myself as a person better than Anyone else and That is why I believe it is a damn shame that I have been lead to form this Opinion I have about Muslims as a whole.
If you happen to think little of me then good for you, It does not affect me at all.

I recognise now that alot of Muslims do not subscribe to the views that I am adverse to, and while I will never agree with the basic principles you all believe in, I can without any trouble at all support your right to believe them.

It is when action begins being taken within my own borders, borders of a country with views that contradict your own, that I begin to get annoyed.

And i will re-iterate it was not an attack, those who strait away imply that It was are just looking for trouble.. Its un-nessacary.
see, i am very ashamed of you as well for not reading my reply, I was actually agreeing to a few things you said, read my first post of this thread, once you have done that, reply again........

Cheb
02-19-2006, 10:29 AM

Salam.
You described us as being "Overly Sensitive, constantly afraid, easily offended, over reactive". However you then you say "Learn to accept peoples opinions". This works both ways. You should also respect our opinion, BUT without crossing the line. See personally I believe in freedom of speech and expression but with certain limits.
Take this for example, let us say a person comes up to another and makes fun of his dead father whom he loved, respected and admired so much. He then spreads lies about him to the entire neighborhood. How do you think the other person would feel? Being allowed to do this is WRONG in my opinion. Not only if you take it in religion's perspective.
See our feelings towards these cartoons are one thing and our actions are another. We have the right to boycott, protest ect. as long as it does not break any law (of Islam and of the country). Unfortunately that is not always the case, and that is what the media shows.
Being a non-Muslim it is hard for you to know how bad these cartoons are for Muslims. You just do not get it, and I understand that, but can you respect our opinion about it?
Peace.

Malt
02-19-2006, 10:34 AM
The difference is the delivery system between your 2 examples. The media itself is not taken 100% seriously by everyone... And a newpaper "funny" as it is known, is known by everyone to be a joke, and that is it.

Spreading rumours around a neighbourhood about someones dead father, and publishing obviously humourous cartoons about a well known religious figurehead are 2 different things.

afriend
02-19-2006, 10:38 AM
So what you want us to do?

Just get insulted down to the max.....And all we do is take the bullet?

THEN EXPLAIN TO ME THIS ONE THING, WHEN AMERICA WAS ATTCKED ON 9/11, WHY DID THEY RETALIATE?

Malt
02-19-2006, 10:41 AM
Because the leader of the USA is a bad leader, that Is why.

But on that same note... A cartoon is nothing like the destruction and murder of thousands of people is it.

afriend
02-19-2006, 10:44 AM
So what?

What about in Palestine, Afghanistan and Iraq?

there has been more deaths in these few regions than 5 9/11s.

I'm not saying that 9/11 was a good thing.....one of my relatives died in the Twin towers.

Cheb
02-19-2006, 10:45 AM
The difference is the delivery system between your 2 examples. The media itself is not taken 100% seriously by everyone... And a newpaper "funny" as it is known, is known by everyone to be a joke, and that is it.

Spreading rumours around a neighbourhood about someones dead father, and publishing obviously humourous cartoons about a well known religious figurehead are 2 different things.
I am sorry but they are not different things. They have the same emotional affect. That is what most non-Muslims dont get. This really isnt just a cartoon. Freedom of expression, does that mean we should let the Nazis express themselves again?

Malt
02-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Cheb in that statement "This is what most non-Muslims dont get" you have yourself summed up what I am trying to say.

You as a group are over reacting, and need to respect whomever drew the cartoons right to do so, the editors right to include them, the companies right to print and distribute the cartoons.

The intentions behind the cartoons are not to degrade muslims, nor to degrade Muhummad. They are just alike every other cartoon making fun of some public figure or commonly known subject matter. It happens every day, the fact of the matter is the second It comes to your group, you over react.

afriend
02-19-2006, 10:53 AM
- post was deleted -
But it's my opinion that Israel has weapons of mass destruction and therefore they should be eliminated.

Their women abused, the children subjected to torture and death, and the men forced to do these actions to their family members.

Freedom of speech for ya...thank you for freedom of speech.

Malt
02-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Seperate yourself from the rest of society, go ahead.

If you dont like being treated differently, stop acting so different.

There is a balance between your beliefs, and living in Society. Find it. Nearly every other religion has done so.

Malt
02-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Iqram, If that is occuring in Israel then I would agree that It should be dealt with.

I dont think their 'Elimination' is what I would suggest but It is unfair that that sort of thing may or may not happen there.

afriend
02-19-2006, 10:57 AM
Iqram, If that is occuring in Israel then I would agree that It should be dealt with.

I dont think their 'Elimination' is what I would suggest but It is unfair that that sort of thing may or may not happen there.
But it's not thier land in the first place(read history of WWII and the holocaust)

The palestinians were just forced to let them in.

Malt
02-19-2006, 10:59 AM
I know how it came to be given to them.
It was always bound to cause conflict.

It is also a fact I read that one of the other places being considered at the time to grant then was in Australia. Probably would have been a better idea to put it here when it came down to it.

afriend
02-19-2006, 11:01 AM
I know how it came to be given to them.
It was always bound to cause conflict.

It is also a fact I read that one of the other places being considered at the time to grant then was in Australia. Probably would have been a better idea to put it here when it came down to it.
Yes, that's an opinion that wouldn't start off WWIII, if the whole world used this kind of language, then the world would be a better place.

sargon
02-19-2006, 11:03 AM
Seperate yourself from the rest of society, go ahead.

If you dont like being treated differently, stop acting so different.

There is a balance between your beliefs, and living in Society. Find it. Nearly every other religion has done so.
What is "Society" to you? There will never be a "toning down," or "suger coating," or "moderation" of Gods word, and that about ends that conversation.

About "over-reacting," many people did, and as stated by Cheb I believe, many people reacted in an honorable fashion.

I like the example used, if your dead father was being insulted and lied about publicly, in your local newspaper for example, you would just sit there and say, well, he has his freedom of speech? I think you'd also feel very hurt and upset. There is a difference between our prophet(pbuh) and a father technically but not in matters of emotion and respect.

As Muslims we respect Muhammed very much, and follow his example as an honorable person, caring, wise, intellegent, and most important, a very holy, God worshipping speaker of truth.

It is because we believe this man to be the best of men, whom undertook the hardest of tasks that a human could take, and without selfish desire preached and acted out the last message from God to mankind.

If you could fathom the amount of responisbility and care needed to do such a thing... Try to imagine being Luke Skywalker, maybe then you could relate.

So anyways, if this man whom you believe to be all that, is being slandered in the worst of ways, what would you feel? If your father was being slandered in the worst of ways, what would you do?

Muhammad
02-19-2006, 12:34 PM
Hello Malt,

You as a group are over reacting, and need to respect whomever drew the cartoons right to do so, the editors right to include them, the companies right to print and distribute the cartoons.

The intentions behind the cartoons are not to degrade muslims, nor to degrade Muhummad. They are just alike every other cartoon making fun of some public figure or commonly known subject matter. It happens every day, the fact of the matter is the second It comes to your group, you over react.
It is difficult to actually know the true intentions behind something, other than to assume; some people might think of the publications as an innocent mistake, others might find it as purposeful provocation. Whatever people believe, it is important to be aware of the fact that there are deeper meanings and underlying factors that have led to the response you have seen; irrespective of whether it was right or wrong.

Newpapers in western nations poke fun at everything, Our own leaders, Religious or Political, other well known Identities, even stereotyped groups within society. Take it on the chin, and get over it.
Newspapers do such things, yes, but there needs to be a line between what is acceptable and what is not. There are already boundaries beyond which they cannot pass: they cannot incite crime under the heading of 'freedom of expression' for example. Some forms of entertainment are acceptable since they are not personal attacks but lighthearted fun, whereas we are all aware that we cannot just make anything the butt of a joke: out of respect for that person and consideration of the feelings of other people. A person might be free to do so, yet it isn't a nice thing to do - hence a negative reaction.

The matter becomes more complicated when we find that it isn't an issue of "our group" who gets offended and that everybody else takes the same level of mockery, because that isn't the case. Look here for example:

Danish paper REJECTED Jesus cartoons (yes, the SAME danish paper printing mohammed)

How do you think this makes us feel? If the media company already demonstrates control and respect in its freedom of speech, why does it not use this intellect equally? Perhaps it is not the fact that Muslims want to be treated differently... maybe they are actually being targeted. This is one of the very beliefs that heightens the affair from a simple 'expression of freedom of speech' to 'an attack on Islam'. Brother Ansar Al-'Adl mentioned something similar in one of his posts (and put it quite well) which you can read here: http://www.islamicboard.com/176386-post34.html

Furthermore, if we look at the actual cartoons and what they portrayed; it went beyond mere cartoons and entertainment. They endorsed a misconception that Islam taught violence, and that terrorism should be associated with Islam. Whether or not these were the intentions behind them, the fact remains that the cartoons misrepresented Islam and struck hard at a time when it is already seen in a negative light.

Learn to accept peoples opinions. It does not matter If someone pokes fun at your religion, or your people. As long as it isnt discrimination, it does not matter.
We do accept people's opinions. It's when opinions become attacks and mockery when people feel hurt and angered. If people kept those opinions to themselves or at least expressed them in a civilised manner, perhaps they would get a better response.

But have you really seen the views of the majority of Muslims? You have mentioned just 2 threads, one which is mere speculation by someone, and this seems to lead to a handful of conclusions about a worldwide religion. What about these threads:

isn't it our FAULT? - IMPORTANT
Strong coexistence btwn Danish Muslims and Christians
is all this anger over the cartoonists worth it enough to punish da whole of denmark?
Cartoons worse than murder??
We are sorry
building bridges
Top Misconceptions About Islam
Does Islam Tolerate Other Beliefs?
Help define our Prophet and show his real image
stop disrespecting the Prophet, O Muslim..!!!
Plan to Do Insh'Allah
Peaceful demonstration
Building a bridge of Understanding btwn different faiths? at College?
Peaceful Protest Here..
‘Celebrate Muhammad’ (pbuH)
The Qur’an And Violence
Islam Vs Terrorism
Give yourselves a Good-Beating!
Let There Be No Compulsion in Religion

And the list could go on :)

Peace.

Muezzin
02-19-2006, 01:51 PM
Cheb in that statement "This is what most non-Muslims dont get" you have yourself summed up what I am trying to say.

I don't agree with what the cartoons or by extension the newspaper was saying, but I accept they have a right to say it.

Really? Suppose the cartoon had been a stereotypical portrayal of a Jew, ala Nazi Germany. Such a picture would receive condemnation, rightly so, for being offensive and anti-Semitic. Why then, I wonder, when a cartoon that from a Muslim point of view is just as offensive, do many non-Muslims get offended at the mere fact that Muslims took offence?

The fact of the matter is, Muslims saw this cartoon as offensive. How is the mere taking of offense an over reaction? Rioting is over-reacting. Calling for violence is over-reacting.

As for the intentions behind the cartoons, we all know what the road to Hell is paved with.

But on that same note... A cartoon is nothing like the destruction and murder of thousands of people is it.
Oh, snap

Now, you don't see Japanese people hating ALL Americans for the actions of its Government and military during the above incident, do you?

north_malaysian
02-20-2006, 04:19 AM
I think the media in Western world are not telling the truth for the Westerners, but in the same time Muslim media are just the same, telling the false to Muslims about Christians and Jews.

It's a really really big kind of misunderstanding.

Malsidabym
02-20-2006, 04:40 AM
I think the media in Western world are not telling the truth for the Westerners, but in the same time Muslim media are just the same, telling the false to Muslims about Christians and Jews.
A good observation. It should be obvious that media outlets will print what sells rather than the truth. They will print what the people in thier market want to read. Rarely does the media tell the real story, it has usually been made sensational for the readers. I once took a small boat with a couple of friends to an island 1/2 hour from home. The boat filled with water when we went for a walk. We spent about four hours before help arrived, on the island. No big deal. The news spun a fantastic tale of high seas and near death, we were lucky to escape with our lives! LOL!

north_malaysian
02-20-2006, 05:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by malsidab
A good observation. It should be obvious that media outlets will print what sells rather than the truth. They will print what the people in thier market want to read. Rarely does the media tell the real story, it has usually been made sensational for the readers. I once took a small boat with a couple of friends to an island 1/2 hour from home. The boat filled with water when we went for a walk. We spent about four hours before help arrived, on the island. No big deal. The news spun a fantastic tale of high seas and near death, we were lucky to escape with our lives! LOL!
BAD NEWS ARE GOOD NEWS FOR MONEY MAKERS.

Ahmed_Yaseen
02-20-2006, 07:46 PM
Malt,

You are right in many respects. We Muslims need to learn to be more open-minded etc. However, I think this particular issue got an emormous reaction because the cartoons were first of all clearly deeply insulting. You don't have to be a professor to work that out. On top of that, we Muslims have an incalculable amount of respect for our beloved Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and in Islam it is a grave sin to insult the Prophet (pbuh).

On a wider perspective, why don't you look at the behaviour of America. It is a superpower and spends more on its military than the rest of the world put together. And it has been attacking and humiliating Muslim countries for many years now. I was reading John Simpson's article on http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4732258.stm . In it he says:
The trouble is, public opinion in the United States still favours the use of force rather than reason.
Although he is a well-regarded authority, Cappelli's eminently sensible article was rejected by 24 American newspapers before finding a home in US Italia.
I hope this makes it clear to you that America's aggression towards Muslims contributes heavily to Muslims anger at it. We Muslims are not a people who will take beatings quietly. We will fight to the last drop of our blood.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!