/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Lush
02-18-2006, 11:46 PM
Hi, you can call me Lush. :)

I was born in the USSR, Kiev, to be precise. I've spent over a decade living the States, and have recently become a citizen.

I've been interested in looking at more Muslim forums online, though my regular stomping ground is Muslim Wakeup (I'm sure there will be plenty people on here who are going to throw rocks at me for that, but it's been a good place to get to know moderate Islam and participate in highbrow, and I love most of the people).

My interest in Islam peaked when I started seeing a guy from a Jordanian Muslim family. He's an atheist himself, but his mum and dad are both Muslims, so in getting to know them I was introduced to the wealth of a culture that otherwise may have passed me by. And the boy and I are still together. :)

I choose to describe myself as an agnostic, but I guess I'm more of a religious believer. I just don't really participate in mainstream religion, I can't say it makes me comfortable. I'm eternally fascinated by mainstream religious followers though. I was baptized into the Russian Orthodox church, and still have a lot of cultural and familial ties to it, but I wouldn't describe myself as Russian Orthodox anymore.

Hmmm... What else? I'm big into literature. Am currently finishing up two degrees in English and Russian Literature, and am writing a thesis on Kate Atkinson, a British author. I'm a feminist and a humanist. I write a lot, mostly fiction, but I do articles and interviews occasionally (maybe if I get situated I can provide some links). I sing in a choir, and I love to dance. I love life, and people in general (even though they do confuse me a whole lot sometimes, but I don't think I'm alone in this). ;) I speak English, Russian, Ukrainian, and a bit of German, not to mention all the Arabic (both proper and improper) that I've picked up since meeting the boy.

I think that's it! Look forward to meeting more people here. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salaam
02-18-2006, 11:47 PM
Peace,

Welcome to the Forum, Hope Learn more about Islam...

Lush
02-18-2006, 11:49 PM
Thanks. :)

akulion
02-19-2006, 12:01 AM
Peace be upon you

Welcome to the forum

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

If you have any questions feel free to ask

Bro Aku

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Lush
02-19-2006, 12:02 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome. :)

akulion
02-19-2006, 12:05 AM
That was a mild welcome

Now for a warm welcome:D

To Li Forums Lush

*charisma*
02-19-2006, 12:29 AM
Alan beeki
*maybe u picked that up ;)*

LOL ur name reminds me of slushies..man those were gud, used to buy one everyday when i cud when i was in jordan.. anyhoooo

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!! :):):):):)

hope u enjoy ur stay
and ill be looking forward to ur discussions :D
dont worry u wont get attacked :p

peace!

sapphire
02-19-2006, 12:36 AM
lol welcome to the forum!! :welcome: hope you have an enjoyable and benefitial stay!!!

nurul3eyn
02-19-2006, 12:37 AM
welcome to the forum hope u enjoy ur stay :)

Lush
02-19-2006, 01:12 AM
Thanks guys :thankyou:

hidaayah
02-19-2006, 01:56 AM
welcum here...!! hope u have a nice n beneficial stay..

shorouk
02-19-2006, 02:49 AM
welcome!!!!!
i hope u will feel free to express ur questions and ideas and so we may all benefit and understand each other...
hope u enjoy the articles as they are interesting...:D

Lush
02-19-2006, 06:30 AM
Thank you. Take care, everyone. :happy:

Lush
02-19-2006, 07:40 AM
Hi! Thanks!

The Ruler
02-19-2006, 12:10 PM
Hi Lush,

welcum to da forum...:)
lukin 4wrd to ur posts

wassalam

Lush
02-19-2006, 08:31 PM
Thank you! :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!