/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean ??

partysoverkids
02-19-2006, 10:11 PM
On Friday night, I was in a heated debate over bogus 9/11 conspiracy theories with ABDUL MAJID. When it became apparent to ABDUL that I totally debunked all of his silly theories and called him on his many CONTRADICTIONS, ABDUL MAJID resorted to calling me " a scum bag" and a "retard ". I don't know if it is ABDUL MAJIDS habit of denigrating handicapped people, but I didn't appreciate his remarks. All that aside, ABDUL MAJID said one thing to me that I didn't understand. ABDUL MAJID said, and I quote, " You wear a suit when you talk to me " unquote. What does this mean ? Is this a Muslim saying I'm not familiar with or was it a feable attempt to bad-mouth me? Could someone please explain this saying ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malsidabym
02-19-2006, 10:22 PM
What kind of suit? Some specifics might help to figure it out.
IE. plaid suit, silk suit, tuxedo. You should message him to post his meaning here. It sounds interesting, it might be some kind of metaphor.

akulion
02-19-2006, 10:27 PM
Well I have never heard of any such expressions before, so no idea.

As for your debate - I dont know about it, so I will just chill.

You 2 chill as well and make up - life is too short to always be fghtin

Shadow
02-19-2006, 10:41 PM
so its settled we all just chill :shade:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
akulion
02-19-2006, 10:48 PM
And to finalize it all I'll hand out the Chill Pills (100% Halal with no side effects)

Shadow
02-19-2006, 10:50 PM
^a pill with no side effects?
how can anything possibly go wrong if i take a few :p

ps. were shudnt be free posting :omg:

akulion
02-19-2006, 10:51 PM
Its just a calcium pill (banana flavoured)

lol

partysoverkids
02-19-2006, 10:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by malsidab
What kind of suit? Some specifics might help to figure it out.
IE. plaid suit, silk suit, tuxedo. You should message him to post his meaning here. It sounds interesting, it might be some kind of metaphor.

I have a few very nice silk and wool suits. Also, I own a very nice linen for vacations in the islands( will be getting another for the Turks and Cacois in March.). I hope that helps. I've PM'ed ABDUL but he won't reply. Oh yeah, I'm a 46 regular. Thirty four waist, thirty one inseam.

Shadow
02-19-2006, 10:53 PM
lol thats good to hear, although ppl who are allergic to calcium shudnt be taking them :p

partysoverkids
02-19-2006, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
And to finalize it all I'll hand out the Chill Pills (100% Halal with no side effects)

Looks like a 'Lude to me. I haven't seen them in years !!

partysoverkids
02-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Well I have never heard of any such expressions before, so no idea.

As for your debate - I dont know about it, so I will just chill.

You 2 chill as well and make up - life is too short to always be fghtin

Oh yeah. I'm cool, not mad or anything, just perplexed. What did ABDUL MAJID mean ?

akulion
02-19-2006, 11:13 PM
I dont know what "wear a suit" means as an expression

I dont know what 'Lude is either

partysoverkids
02-19-2006, 11:23 PM
I dont know what "wear a suit" means as an expression

No big deal. I'm sure ABDUL MAJID will explain when he gets back on line. Although I do see some CONTRADICTION here with his 'phrase". No biggie.

*Hana*
02-19-2006, 11:25 PM
:sl:

A lude is short for Qualude, not sure of the spelling here, (A drug used by addicts). Street named "lude".

"You wear a suit when you talk to me". What he's saying, I think, is "I'm so good/important you must dress up to talk to me. Something like that. At least that is my understanding of that phrase when I've heard it used.

Hope that helps,
Wasalam
Hana

akulion
02-19-2006, 11:28 PM
here is a suit for anyone who wants it to wear:

Malsidabym
02-19-2006, 11:41 PM
Can I get that with a grey plaid jacket and a bowler hat? I'll need shoes too.

*Hana*
02-19-2006, 11:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by malsidab
Can I get that with a grey plaid jacket and a bowler hat? I'll need shoes too.
Are you planning to hang on to that until it comes back in style? :giggling: :giggling:

J/K :okay:

Hana

partysoverkids
02-19-2006, 11:51 PM
[QUOTE=Hana_Aku;189269]:sl:

'You wear a suit when you talk to me". What he's saying, I think, is "I'm so good/important you must dress up to talk to me. Something like that. At least that is my understanding of that phrase when I've heard it used.
QUOTE]

WOW !! That's a pretty weak put-down ! Poor thing.

Malsidabym
02-19-2006, 11:51 PM
You mean it is not in style? But my closet is full of ma..... Nevermind. I mean er, yeh! That's it! I was, er, joking! I mean, I would never... who would wear that?! Um,I gotta go now.

bezimany 071
02-19-2006, 11:53 PM
i suggest wearing what is comfortable, just in case you have to make few sudden moves, like moving to the left while striking the opponent with your right hook and jab to the jaw.....wait?.....is this sports forum?.....sike im kiddin, my advice to you brother is dont discuss such topic with people who are not able to take criticism and always expect to win the argument,
as far as 9/11 goes, only Allah knows the truth
peace
bez

*Hana*
02-19-2006, 11:58 PM
partysoverkids;189298WOW !! That's a pretty weak put-down ! Poor thing.
Well, his understanding and mine could be different. But, with friends we would jokingly say, "I'll be so successful you'll have to wear a suit just to talk to me." So, I assume he meant something like that.

Inshallah, he'll explain what he meant when he's back online. :)

Hana

abdul Majid
02-20-2006, 12:14 AM
this is great, you love me that much, and your that bored, that you have nothing to do but make a thread about me....
hahahahahah...thanks bro, you shouldnt have

Issa
02-20-2006, 12:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by partysoverkids
Oh yeah. I'm cool, not mad or anything, just perplexed. What did ABDUL MAJID mean ?
Salaam,

I am not positive but could it mean that you pretend for him? Act one way while you are talking to him but another when around others... Maybe he means you wear a sort of mask. You would have to ask Abdul Majid but that's what I came up with. You two should take some time to chill and then you can ask him....

abdul Majid
02-20-2006, 12:55 AM
This Guy Partysover Is A Lier......

He Is Two People In One !!

And He Messaged Me With A Obsene Message, But Then Comes Back On This Thread To Make Me Look Like The Bad Guy!!!

VERY IMMATURE

HAPPYTIME
02-20-2006, 01:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdul Majid
This Guy Partysover Is A Lier......

He Is Two People In One !!

And He Messaged Me With A Obsene Message, But Then Comes Back On This Thread To Make Me Look Like The Bad Guy!!!

VERY IMMATURE

I don't know. I know 'Party' pretty well and what you say seems very CONTRADICTORY to what I know about him. Are you sure it was REALLY him?;D

abdul Majid
02-20-2006, 01:29 AM
hahahahaha you are him....lol...

funny how you just joined the forum, al of a sudden ...hahahaha

i see right through you

Ra`eesah
02-20-2006, 01:34 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

This thread serves no purpose.

Thread Closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!