/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of leeds ?

Celestial
04-13-2005, 07:08 PM
salaam, if there are people here that either live in leeds or have been there, i would kindly want to ask what do you think of it. would it be a good place to move to do you think ?

regards

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
04-13-2005, 07:27 PM
:sl:
leeds has a mixture of muslims there mashaAllah
the grand masjid also attracts a lot of people :thumbs_up

shopping nice ;D ;D ;D

S_87
04-15-2005, 09:43 PM
r u plannig to go to leeds uni?
if so which one? :)

Celestial
04-17-2005, 10:31 PM
yeah, i have taken university of leeds as my firm offer. whether i am going to get in is an other thing ( inshallah i will ). are you planning to go there amani ?

sorry for the late reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
04-17-2005, 11:45 PM
nope but i live near there :thumbs_up

its a good uni :D

Z
04-18-2005, 05:43 AM
Asalamu Alaikum

Ah Leeds. Well Leeds is a nice place, a very diverse population and has a massive underground community which you should be aware of. I wouldn't go there for uni though, not that it's low in standards, but also has a very wrecked society. We all here people say that you won't be drawn in and you'll keep away, but we all know very well the promise of the devil don't we. Is there a chance you could consider going elsewhere for uni? Huddersfield is ok, and Bradford isn't too bad either.

Now here's the irony, I might be going to Leeds uni too! Not much choice I have, honestly!

Celestial
04-18-2005, 09:37 AM
salaam

i don't think os Kerned Indian, the reason being that i haven't got maths. instead i have got statistics and leeds the only uni that considers you with statistics. personally i would prefer uni's in london, it just that i haven't any other option.. :(

Z
04-18-2005, 10:02 AM
Asalamu Alaikum

Oh ok. Well good luck at Leeds then. What will you be studying? (Mind me asking.)

S_87
04-18-2005, 01:13 PM
no huddersfield is not that good!

and bradford is ok
got a big muslim community
what you planning on studying?

Celestial
04-18-2005, 02:14 PM
salaam

chemical engineering meng.
i just came to know the fact that i have to share my kitchen with about 5 peeple!!
i am not really up to that, specially in the morning smelling the beacon being fried.
how can i aviod this. any ideas ? cause i haven't got a clue what to do.
if i tell the uni that i would like to share my kitchen only with muslims, they might think that i am being fussy and racist.

Z
04-18-2005, 03:53 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Be patient brother.

Dude, what's "chemical engineering meng." all about then? Anything geeky?

By the way, are you currently residing in/around West Yorkshire?

Genius
04-18-2005, 04:31 PM
Celestial are you American? anyway my cousin lives in Leeds and he tells me it's a good place to live, it's a big city so you have most facilities, the countryside is next door if you want to relax and so are some major cities, Sheffield and Manchester ain't too far, and theres Bradford which isn't really a nice place.

About sharing kitchens, just use different cooking equipment to the kafirs, i'm sure they'll understand.

S_87
04-18-2005, 04:41 PM
or if u want
apply for a place sharing with vegetarians :D
this might sound funny but actually a lot of people do apply for that

Celestial
04-18-2005, 05:56 PM
salaam

Dude, what's "chemical engineering meng." all about then?
Chemical engineers apply the principles of chemistry and engineering to solve problems involving the production or use of chemicals, building a bridge between science and manufacturing. They design equipment and develop processes for large-scale chemical manufacturing, plan and test methods of manufacturing the products and treating the by-products, and supervise production. Chemical engineers also work in a variety of manufacturing industries other than chemical manufacturing, such as those producing electronics, photographic equipment, clothing, and pulp and paper. They also work in the healthcare, biotechnology, and business services industries.

The knowledge and duties of chemical engineers overlap many fields. Chemical engineers apply principles of chemistry, physics, mathematics, and mechanical and electrical engineering. They frequently specialize in a particular operation such as oxidation or polymerization. Others specialize in a particular area, such as pollution control or the production of specific products such as fertilizers and pesticides, automotive plastics, or chlorine bleach. They must be aware of all aspects of chemicals manufacturing and how it affects the environment, the safety of workers, and customers. Because chemical engineers use computer technology to optimize all phases of research and production, they need to understand how to apply computer skills to process analysis, automated control systems, and statistical quality control.

Celestial are you American?
hell no :). i am a somalian living in the uk, birmingham to be exact.

or if u want
apply for a place sharing with vegetarians
this might sound funny but actually a lot of people do apply for that
this is a very good idea that i haven't thought of, i'll try that but then all the vegies may gang up on me when they see me eating meat. :))

Z
04-18-2005, 06:00 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

What!? Are you kidding me? You live in Birmingham and you want to come all the way up to Leeds to study? Hello! Wolverhampton uni!

Oh, just remembered. There's that Maths thing.

S_87
04-18-2005, 07:49 PM
oh shuks i never thought of that
well is there like an open day or something?

Celestial
04-18-2005, 09:45 PM
salaam

all the way to leeds ? that a two and half hours from birmingham by train.
i would say that isn't too much, i was planning to go to london but couldn't.

Kerned Indian, amani

what do you lot study and where do you live ? just interesting to know :) :confused:

Z
04-18-2005, 09:49 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

I created this topic here: Your Status

S_87
04-20-2005, 01:42 PM
i live near leeds :thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.