/* */

PDA

View Full Version : hallo

Abdul Fattah
04-14-2005, 12:16 AM
selam alaikum brothers and sisters
I'm steve, got invited to this forum by Ibn_Khaldun on Islamic forum (gawaher.com) (I tried filling it in while registering but apperently he uses another name in this forum)
I'm 22y old, born in belgium, i've been atheistic most of my life, reverted to islam just 2 or 3 months ago...
:)

dunno what more to tell....
any questions, fire away ;)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khaldun
04-14-2005, 12:20 AM
:sl:

wow mashAllah brother steve i am very happy to have you here wallahi! and yes my name here is Khaldun (i dropped the Ibn bit). InshAllah i hope you and us will benefit from eachother, and may Allah make your stay a long and fruitful one :)

Far7an
04-14-2005, 12:24 AM
Welcome to the forum

BlissfullyJaded
04-14-2005, 12:25 AM

Welcome to LI brother steve. :) Nice to have you with us.

Enjoy yer stay. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-14-2005, 12:33 AM
Welcome to LI :D

~fUrRrI~
04-14-2005, 04:15 AM
(new here myself:D) welcum bro!
masha'Allah u reverted!

Umm Yoosuf
04-14-2005, 06:48 AM
Assalaamu Alaykum!

Allahu Akhar a revert! :) Masha Allah! Surely Allah Guides whomever He pleases to His light!

Welcome Brother!

Sahabiyaat
04-14-2005, 07:53 AM

welcum to the forum and Islam.

Brother_Mujahid
04-14-2005, 08:22 AM
welcome brother

enjoy your stay

:w:

MoonLight
04-14-2005, 09:05 AM

Masha'Allah that is so great a revert! :) Welcome to the LI brother! If you don't mind can you share your revert story with us.

Thank you

Insha'Allah you will benefit here.

wasalaam

sistajannah
04-14-2005, 10:20 AM
welcome
inshaAllah you have a great time here

and many welcome's :)

Abdul Fattah
04-14-2005, 12:58 PM
Thanks everybody for the many welcome's, feel at home already
:p
If you don't mind can you share your revert story with us.
I don't mind at all here's a copy/paste:

Hello everybody,

I thought i'd add my story here, just for the sake of sharing
Where to begin... It's a long story, but I hope others may find support/inspiration in it.
Also, please excusse my many spellings and gramatic errors. Englisch is not my native tongue and on top of that, I'm dyslectic. ;)

I was raised as a christian but lost my faith somewhere at the age of 6. Things just didn't make sense for me. I geuss I 've been quite critical all my life. I even remember thinking my teacher was a morron when I was 7 because he had claimed that time travelling could be possible. "If time is the speed at wich things change how could these changes be undone for a traveler?" was the first thing that popped into my mind smile.gif As I grew older I went trough some hard times and had to deal with serious matters at an early age. The worst of them all was a depression of my father in wich he tried to kill us in order to comit suicide afterwards. The fights, fleeing home, the divorce, i'm sure one can imagen...

It seemed like everytime I trusted someone, loved someone they 'd betray me. It didn't take long for me not to trust anyone let alone believe in a higher being without any proof of such. I'd even say at one point I fitted all criteria from the defenition of a paranoia. Not that I seemed to have any problems, I functioned perfectly in todays sociaty, but inside I always felled like a big mess. I studied science and was quite good in it, I even became passionated about it, for they seemed the only certainties in life. Morality and ethicks were pointless words, leftovers from old wives tales and so called holy books.

Until one day I was smoking pot for the first time of my live with a friend. I don't know what really happened that day but it was the scariest expierence of my life. I was convinced of being dead and in hell. The friend sitting next to me was the devil. Every move I made was anticipated. Every sentence had an answer ready before I could even complete it. I felt like a playball being psychologicly tortured for fun. And the fear was worse than any imaganable pain. I was told by my docter later that most likely LSD was sprayed on to the wheed. I had my urine tested but since it happened in the weekend and visited the docter on Monday, It was possible for the test to come out negetive even though it did had lsd on it . The test resut turned out negative, and the incertainty was killing me. For a month I slept with the lights on. I started to better my ways out of fear. As time went by, the fear diminished but the morality and ethicks kinda grew on me.

It took me about 3 years of self reflection and filosofising. But I was finally able to find answers to all me questions, basicly get things lined out once and for all so I wouldn't have to bother myself with them anymore. I concluded to believe only in science as I have always done before. Basicly because I refused to believe science left any room for free will. An indispensable aspect of any religion containing words as hell and heaven, punishment and reward.

So I defined my personality disorder and found out the source of it on my own. Well at least, i had some clues. Memories of meself in the corridor of the house I grew up in looking at the bathroomdoor. Sounds of my mother and father strugeling. My mother screaming to my older sister: pick up that knife and get rid of it. It's funny how those memories came back. I can see myself standing in that corridor and know what is happening, but I can't recal what I saw. I only see myself in 3th-person vieuw.

I alweys knew I was diffrent from everybody else and figured that finding out the cause of my problems would help me deal with it, solve the problem. But somehow that didn't helped. I had everything figured out, but I was back at sqaure one, everything seemed pointless. And nobody's to be trusted. So I gave up the fight and continued life. Without realising it my morality diminished again. My life had no meaning. Trusted nobody nor anything exept for logics and science.

But then help came from an unexpected corner.In retrospect I'd even say right before my point of vieuw would become problematic
23;62 On no soul do We place a burden greater than it can bear.
I was trying to bend my mind over the difficult theory of time traveling and einstein-rozenberg-bridges but it all didn't make any sense. 'Till in very small amount of time a series of unrelated events, one after another seemed to point something out to me, It was as subtile touches pushing me towards a point of vieuw. At first I thought my paranoia was finaly getting to me, but then It finaly hit me, as if the puzzle came toghether: science doesn't deny religion, no far from it, science needs religion to complete it. When I posted this on another forum I'm active on, I was told of the miracels of the qur'an. How certain things wich were unknown in the time the qu'ran was writen are in it. Being so fond of science this immediatly got my attention. So I started reading....

Seas of emotions went trough me as I was reading, I cried of sadness and laughed of joy, I felt safe and afraid at the same time. The words were so strong yet deliberating. So plaine yet ireplaceble in their sentences. At some times it even seemed as if the book interacted with my thoughts. No other then the creator of all things could have made sush a masterwork. I never knew religion could be this logical and rational. About a week and 15 soera's later I converted. I felt alive. I believed. I no longer mistrust. And my heart found piece as promised.
13;28 Who have believed and whose hearts have rest in the remembrance of Allah. Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest!
:wub: :wub: :wub:

Silver Pearl
04-14-2005, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by steve
selam alaikum brothers and sisters
I'm steve, got invited to this forum by Ibn_Khaldun on Islamic forum (gawaher.com) (I tried filling it in while registering but apperently he uses another name in this forum)
I'm 22y old, born in belgium, i've been atheistic most of my life, reverted to islam just 2 or 3 months ago...
:)

dunno what more to tell....
any questions, fire away ;)

Mashallah brother Steve…welcome to both your new home (the Ummah of Islam) and LI. May this forum help you increase your knowledge and have a pleasant time.

you said fire away any questions I think you’ll regret it now…I’m curious and observant…bad move, lol. Anyhoo what lead you to Islam and to seek Islam?

*charisma*
04-14-2005, 07:38 PM
Asalamu alaikum

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME TO THE FORUM BRO STEVE!!! :):):):):):):):):):)

hope u enjoy your stay here at LI

may Allah keep lighting ur path ameen!!

w'salaamz

S_87
04-14-2005, 08:16 PM
:Sl:

welcome brother steve :D

S_87
04-14-2005, 08:20 PM
i just read your story. mashaAllah so nice
may Allah SWT strenghthen us all in the deen! Ameen

Abdul Fattah
04-14-2005, 08:25 PM
you said fire away any questions I think you’ll regret it now…I’m curious and observant…bad move, lol. Anyhoo what lead you to Islam and to seek Islam?
Well first of all, a couple posts back are the mayor lines of the events. To be more exact..
Hmm, well most of my friends are muslims, so I didn't have that many misconseptions as most people have about islam. But I guess that doesn't really answer your question now, does it? :)
Well I'd have to say Islam found me. It's like I suddenly had al these unrelated events happening, like someone was trying to show me something. If I would try to explain, I just feel that somehow, the magnificiantness of it all would get lost, but then again, HOW it happened doesn't matter. The fact that I felt the involvement is more important. So why did I "listen" this time as opposed to every other spiritual event in my life? I honestly don't know, but I did.
Then when I started reading the qur'an... it was just so beautiful, so meaningfull, so complete,so...... I guess you know what I mean :)
Allah guides who he wants.

Silver Pearl
04-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Well first of all, a couple posts back are the mayor lines of the events. To be more exact..
Hmm, well most of my friends are muslims, so I didn't have that many misconseptions as most people have about islam. But I guess that doesn't really answer your question now, does it? :)
Well I'd have to say Islam found me. It's like I suddenly had al these unrelated events happening, like someone was trying to show me something. If I would try to explain, I just feel that somehow, the magnificiantness of it all would get lost, but then again, HOW it happened doesn't matter. The fact that I felt the involvement is more important. So why did I "listen" this time as opposed to every other spiritual event in my life? I honestly don't know, but I did.
Then when I started reading the qur'an... it was just so beautiful, so meaningfull, so complete,so...... I guess you know what I mean :)
Allah guides who he wants.

Interesting mashallah…would you say your friends had a great influence in you taking that step towards Islam or do you feel that path was inevitable? Not in the sense that Allah (swt) knows our fate and whom he wills he guides….but rather do you feel that without your friends you may have still embraced Islam? If you understand what I mean.
I hope you do not mind me asking….

yoshiyahu
04-15-2005, 01:54 AM
Welcome. What religion were you raised in?

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-15-2005, 02:13 AM
:sl: Welcome br. Steve! Mash'Allah, congratulations on your recent acceptance of Islam.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could also post a copy of your story in the following thread on Stories of reverts:
http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=801

JazakAllah khair, and may we learn from eachother.

Abdul Fattah
04-15-2005, 09:01 AM
Interesting mashallah…would you say your friends had a great influence in you taking that step towards Islam or do you feel that path was inevitable? Not in the sense that Allah (swt) knows our fate and whom he wills he guides….but rather do you feel that without your friends you may have still embraced Islam? If you understand what I mean.
I hope you do not mind me asking….
well I guess so, my friends never tried to convince me against my will, but if I had any questions I wasalways welcome. Although they had nothing to do with it directly; I 'd say that without them, I'd probably wouldn't have know what I know now and hence maybe wouldn't have converted.

Welcome. What religion were you raised in?
My mother was catholic but my father was atheistic. We weren't pushed in either direction, just offered both vieuws, and told to make up our own minds.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could also post a copy of your story in the following thread on Stories of reverts:
I'll get right on it ;)

MoonLight
04-15-2005, 09:23 AM

Thank yo bro Steve for sharing your story, Allahu Akbar w AlHamdulliah! I always find revert stories amazing since I was raised a Muslim, I'm always curious to know how one reverts. Allah (SWT) guides whom HE wishes :)

Jazaka Allah kouli khier

wasalaam

Lina
04-15-2005, 03:37 PM
Salam Ma3leikom steve,

wat brengt jou hier?

Mou'minah
04-16-2005, 01:45 AM

Welcome to LI :D

Enjoy your stay :D

Uthman
04-16-2005, 12:13 PM

Welcome brother, welcome. :)

Abdul Fattah
04-16-2005, 01:52 PM
wat me hier brengt?
'k zou't nie echt weten.
Nen goede wind? :p

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-16-2005, 01:59 PM
Welcome to the Forum Bro :D:D. Boy that story was very touching. Subhanllah. Looking forword to ur posts bro:D:D

Lina
04-16-2005, 04:58 PM
wat me hier brengt?
'k zou't nie echt weten.
Nen goede wind? :p
Sja, wat ge wilt.
kzag als topic naam 'hallo' terwijl 't engelse benaming 'hello is, dus kdacht dat moet een belg zijn.. :applaud:

veel plezier hier.

(geintje)

Abdul Fattah
04-17-2005, 12:12 AM
Sja, wat ge wilt.
kzag als topic naam 'hallo' terwijl 't engelse benaming 'hello is, dus kdacht dat moet een belg zijn..
Hmmm een oog voor detail hé... ;)
Heb er zelfs nog nie bij stil gestaan dat in't Engels anders zou worden geschreven :-[

Khattab
04-17-2005, 01:20 AM
Assalamo-Alaikum

Alhamdulillah, Great story may Allah (SWT) guide you, increase you in knowledge, make your life easy in this life and in the hereafter, and honour you in this life and in the hereafter. Ameen

Welcome.

Wa'Salam

Lina
04-17-2005, 03:10 PM
Hmmm een oog voor detail hé... ;)
Heb er zelfs nog nie bij stil gestaan dat in't Engels anders zou worden geschreven :-[
Een biografie in het Engels en dan niet op de hoogte zijn van de engelse benaming voor ‘Hallo’?
Maar dat geeft niet, heb ik je ook weer enig kennis bijgebracht.
Veel succes verder.

Ma3a Salama.

Bint Abdusattar
04-19-2005, 10:24 PM
Salaam
Just want to congratulate you to reverting to Islam. You so lucky that Allah SWT has chosen you. I myself have been muslim all my life but only just woke up two years ago so i also feel like a revert. Alhamdollilah it is the best feeling ever.

Speak soon
Wasalaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.