/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Hadiths Server at MSA

kadafi
04-14-2005, 04:30 PM
:sl:

As a frequent user of the Hadith database at MSA server, I've come to the conclusion that those hadiths are mostly erroneous. My first suspision was regardin' the Sahih Bukhari hadith of Waraqa Ibn Nawfal. Accordin' to the translated Hadiths at MSA server, Waraqa Ibn Nawfal used to write the Gospels in Arabic while the original state that he used to write it in Hebrew.

This uncertainty was confirmed by brother Shaheed Bin Waheed who published a article (entitled: Proof that the Hadith-rejectors are outside the fold of Islam) stating the many erroneous hadiths at the MSA server. The server is also used by known Muslim Polemic sites such as the Islamic-awareness team. Me and probably most Muslims on the web have been using it without actually verifyin' but quickly assumin' that since it's on a Muslim server, it has been verified.

I'll post the article of Brother Shahid in the next post which is a quite well produced article that's directly refuting those who reject the Sahih Hadiths.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
kadafi
04-14-2005, 04:32 PM
By Shahid Bin Waheed

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

الحمدلله رب العالمين والصلوة والسلام على اشرف الانبياء وسيدالمرسلين نبينا محمد صل ا لله عليه وعلى آله واصحابه وازواجه اجمعين - امابعد
Thanks to be Allaah, Sustainer of the Universe, and blessing and salutation to be the most distinguish of the Messengers and foremost among the Prophets, our Prophet Muhammad,peace and blessings of Allaah be on him and on his wives, children and Companions.

During the modern era no one has done more harm to Islaam and Muslims than Muslims themselves, especially through the Cyber Space (Internet). Many Muslim and/or Pseudo-Muslim websites have thrived on disinformation. The MSA’s (Muslim Student Association) website takes the cake, for posting incomplete, inconclusive and often erroneous translations of Ahadeeth, beside of other sources. That has given enemies of Islaam, Pseudo-Muslims a never-ending pile of ammunitions to attack Islaam and Muslims, not to mention misleading the naïve and ignorant Muslims. Needless to point out that Christian missionary websites are dancing with joy while using MSA’s website as their main source, while learned Muslims who are defending Islaam are dumb founded, since anti-Islaam forces always toss the MSA link as their source claiming it to be an Islaamic source, which in fact is poles apart being an Islaamic source. What was the need of positing or uploading half-baked plethora of Ahadeeth literature on any web site is beyond me. However, in this treatise I will inSha Allaah prove that those who reject Ahadeeth and/or those who even question Ahadeeth are outside the fold of Islaam.

The failure of people who either don’t understand Ahadeeth or question it or reject it lies referring to or using of the English translations of Ahadeeth احاديث (that equally apply to any other translation as well). Because in order to have a clear picture of the meaning and message, one must possess the intellectual capacity to comprehend the Ahadeeth احاديث together with a proper understanding of the background and the prelude of the Hadeeth حديث (Asbaab-ul-Hadeeth اسباب الحدي&#1579. In the absence of these prerequisites, the mere translation of the Ahadeeth احاديث is bound to lead to objections and misgivings.

Let us examine the lost perception with obvious differences in which contradictions appear due to the contradictory narrations found in the Hadeeth حديث. A good example is that, it is reported that Prophet Muhammad صلی الله عليه وسلم was once seated when the bier (Janaaza جناز&#1607 of a disbeliever passed by. He (Prophet Muhammad صلی الله عليه وسل&#1605 immediately stood up. According to some versions of this Hadeeth floating around on Internet (of course the English translations) it was a bier of a Jew or least a disbeliever, implying that even the Prophet of Islaam Muhammad صلی الله عليه وسلم has honored disbeliever[s] and/or the Jew. However, we learn the underlying cause (Asbaab-ul-Hadeeth اسباب الحدي&#1579 through authentic sources that Allaah’s Messenger Muhammad صلی الله عليه وسلم stood up so that the bier would not pass above the heads of the Muslims, as this is a form of humiliation to them. If this is the underlying reason (which in fact is) for his standing up, then the practice of standing up for a bier (Janaaza جناز&#1607 will be restricted to the bier of a disbeliever.

So the mere recitation of a translation of Sahih Bukhari or Sahih Muslim will not enable anyone and/or any Hadeeth rejecter to determine whether a certain injunction is compulsory, optional or permissible. This is why the scholars of Hadeeth have instituted the study of the principles of Qur’aan, Hadeeth, and Jurisprudence [fiqh فقه] as pre-requisite to the actual science of Glorious Qur’aan and Hadeeth. But how many Hadeeth rejecters possess these qualifications, the answer is ZERO.

Another example of a difference of perception that may espouse the doubts of apparent contradictions in the narrations is simply because various people saw Prophet Muhammad صلی الله عليه وسلم doing a certain thing and they all narrated it according to their own understanding of things. Many examples of this can be found in the Ahadeeth احاديث dealing with the Pilgrimage حج. For example, one of the narrators says that Prophet Muhammad صلی الله عليه وسلم made an ifrad Hajj because he heard the Prophet Muhammad صلی الله عليه وسلمsaying “Labbayka bi hajjatin” (I have presented myself in Your service to perform the Hajj)”

The narration itself is authentic and the narrator is not guilty of any deficiency.

However, other people narrated that Prophet Muhammad صلی الله عليه وسلم performed a qiran hajj. These narrations apparently seem contradictory to the first, because the qiran hajj is very different from the ifrad hajj.

In fact, there is no contradiction between the narrations, since it is permissible for one performing qiran hajj to also say “Labbayka bi hajjatin” (I have presented myself in Your service to perform the Hajj).”

But only a Mujtahid is able to bring about some harmony between the apparent contradictory narrations and can avoid obvious confusion. But the Hadeeth rejecters don’t know this all, thus, they go on slandering the Imaams, Ahadeeth and Muslims for idol worship etc.

Another good example is found in the Hadeeth dealing with the commencement of his (Prophet Muhammad صلی الله عليه وسل&#1605 ihram or (Pilgrim sanctity). There are conflicting narrations as to exactly when Prophet Muhammad صلی الله عليه وسلم started his ihram. Imaams have also differed on this as to when it is most virtuous for one to initiate one’s ihram. Prompted by these contradictory narrations Sa’id ibn Jubayr رضی الله عنه an outstanding Follower (تابع&#1740 asked Abdullah ibn Abbas رضی الله عنه to explain these contradictions.

Abdullah ibn Abbas رضی الله عنه replied, I am quite aware of the reason. Since Prophet Muhammad صلی الله عليه وسلم performed only one Hajj after his migration to Madinah, and a great number of people attended this Hajj. So the person who observed him doing a certain thing at a certain time regarded that as a principal element of Hajj. This resulted in contradictory reports on his performance of Hajj.

Abdullah ibn Abbas رضی الله عنه was fully aware of what transpired, so he confidently explained exactly what happened. Since he was a Jurist and Mujtahid, he also explained the reasons for the differences of narrations and at the same time he brought about harmony between all narrations.

But the Hadeeth rejecters are absolutely ignorant of these facts and sciences, so they prey on laymen to confront them with these types of so-called contradictions, who are often left, perturbed and/or dumbfounded.

Here, I have presented couple of examples that harmonize the contradictions while showing the difference of perception. Sadly some Muslim websites, mainly MSA’s website has all these contradictory Ahadeeth and/or narrations without any explanations and/or harmonization, which has complicated the situation rather simplify it. In all attacks of Islaam, Qur’aan and Prophet Muhammad صلی الله عليه وسلم anti-Islaam websites always quote Muslims and/or Islaamic sources i.e. MSA website. Every discussion forum on the Internet Muslims are assaulted and put on defense using MSA website as an Islaamic source. Muslims’ apparent ignorance of Islaam has also contributed since they have no clue where and how to seek correct information and how to verify these claims and how to defuse and/or refute them. Most Muslims have never seen the authentic books of Islaamic sciences, let alone reading them. The irony of this self-destructive idiocy is that now some Islaamic websites are popping up on the Internet with alleged “Tafsîr” of Qur’aan. How accurate that is and will be is remain to be seen. But, I would not advice anyone to use Internet as their sources be it an Islaamic website, unless he or she possess the capacity to verify everything using authentic Islaamic sources.

The absurdity of Hadeeth rejecters’ claims is to challenge the reliability of Sunnah and/or Hadeeth or both, while making declaratory statements such as:

· Ahadeeth were compiled centuries after Muhammad (صلی الله عليه وسل&#1605 [notice my use of parenthesis, because they don’t show any reverence of the Messenger of Allaah)

· Ahadeeth were compiled 250 years or 300 years after Muhammad (صلی الله عليه وسلم)

· We believe in Qur’aan alone.

· We believe in the Word of Allaah.

· Allaah has promised to protect the Qur’aan from any corruption.

· Hadeeth compilers and/or Hadeeth collectors cannot be trusted. Are they infallible as Allaah?

I have said this before and I say it again here. ‘That there is no substitute of common sense and there is no rehabilitation of stupidity.’ Having said that, don’t you wonder whether these Hadeeth rejecters have ever realized and/or ponder upon the sources Muslims have received the Glorious Qur’aan? Hello, we have received both, the Glorious Qur’aan and Ahadeeth from exact same sources.

The people who transmitted the Glorious Qur’aan and the people who transmitted the Ahadeeth to us are the same people. Thus, how you can trust those people for the Glorious Qur’aan and cast doubts and reject them for Ahadeeth? That is why Rejection of Ahadeeth is really rejection of Qur’aan and Protection of Qur’aan includes protection of Ahadeeth.

The absurd claims of Hadeeth rejecters does not stop here, they goes on quoting Qur’aanic Ayaah 15:9, regarding the protection of Glorious Qur’aan.

The Glorious Qur’aan, Surah: 15. Hijr Verse: 9
إِنَّا نَحْنُ نَزَّلْنَا الذِّكْرَ وَإِنَّا لَهُ لَحَافِظُونَ
Verily, We, it is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Qur’ân) and surely, We will guard it (from corruption) {1} .

{1} (V.15: 9) This Verse is a challenge to mankind and everyone is obliged to believe in the miracles of this Qur’ân. It is a clear fact that more than 1400 years have elapsed and not a single word of this Qur’ân has been changed, although the disbelievers tried their utmost to change it in every way, but they failed miserably in their efforts. As it is mentioned in this holy Verse: "We will guard it." By Allâh! He has guarded it. On the contrary, all the other holy Books (the Taurât (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel).) have been corrupted in the form of additions or subtractions or alterations in the original text.

Again, this Ayaah has also reached us from the same sources and/or same people, who Hadeeth rejecters bash for rejecting Ahadeeth. Had the Hadeeth rejecters known about the Preservation of Glorious Qur’aan & Sunnah. For Glorious Qur’aan Tawatur تواتر(continuity) is a must. The Glorious Qur’aan is defined as,

(صلى الله عليه وسل&#1605 انه الكلام المعجزُ المنزلُ علی النّبى
المكتوب فى المصاحف المنقول باتواتر، المتعبد بتلاوته
“It is the word of Allaah, miraculous, revealed on the Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم, written in Mus-haf مصحاف, passed on from generation to generation with Tawatur تواتر(continuity)[recitation of which is done as a worship].”

Tawatur تواتر (continuity) means that something is passed on in such as way that in each generation its narrators and/or reciters are so numerous that they cannot be counted and it is logically impossible for so many people living in different parts of the world to get united for telling a lie and/or making a mistake. For an Ayaah آيه (verse) to be a part of Qur’aan this Tawatur تواتر (continuity) is must. Therefore, only those Ayaat آيات of the Glorious Qur’aan which have come to us from Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم by Tawatur تواتر (continuity) are recited as the Qur’aan.

An interesting fact must be mentioned here that Jews and especially Christians cannot produce the Tawatur تواتر (continuity) fortheir scriptures, tracing their scriptures back to Moses and/or Jesus and/or any other Biblical prophets etc. beside making hollow claims.

Another Ayaah in support of Ahadeeth from the Glorious Qur’aan that can be presented to these Hadeeth rejecters is Ayaah 43:3,

وَمَا يَنطِقُ عَنِ الْهَوَى

Transliteration: 3

Wama yantiqu AAani alhawa

Yusuf Ali: 3

Nor does he say (aught) of (his own) Desire.

Shakir: 3

Nor does he speak out of desire.

Pickthal: 3

Nor doth he speak of (his own) desire.

M. Khan: 3

Nor does he speak of (his own) desire.

Thus, the Ahadeeth are the Divine revelation as well that is not recited. Hadeeth rejecters are absolutely ignorant of Divine revelation (Wahi Matlu and Ghayr Matlu). This again, explains about the Wahy being of two kinds: Matluww- That, which is recited, and Ghayr-Matluww- that which is not recited. Wahy Matluww or the revelation that is recited is the name of the Glorious Qur’aan and/or is the Glorious Qur’aan. Its words and meanings are both from Allaah. And Wahy Ghayr-Matluwwor that is not recited is the name of Hadeeth of the Rasul Allaah صلی الله عليه وسلم (the word of which are from Prophet Muhammad صلی الله عليه وسلم and the meanings of which is from Allaah.

Evidence of this {Wahy Ghayr Matluww} is found at many places in Glorious Qur’aan, that there were many other things that were taught to Prophet Muhammad صلی الله عليه وسلم by Allaah (SWT) through Wahy (Ghayr Matluww). I will only cite here one Ayaah i.e. 2:143 as proof (Also see 66:3 beside many others).

Surah Al-Baqarah 143

وَكَذَلِكَ جَعَلْنَاكُمْ أُمَّةً وَسَطًا لِتَكُونُوا شُهَدَاءَ عَلَى النَّاسِ وَيَكُونَ الرَّسُولُ عَلَيْكُمْ شَهِيدًا وَمَا جَعَلْنَا الْقِبْلَةَ الَّتِي كُنْتَ عَلَيْهَا إِلَّا لِنَعْلَمَ مَنْ يَتَّبِعُ الرَّسُولَ مِمَّنْ يَنْقَلِبُ عَلَى عَقِبَيْهِ وَإِنْ كَانَتْ لَكَبِيرَةً إِلَّا عَلَى الَّذِينَ هَدَى اللَّهُ وَمَا كَانَ اللَّهُ لِيُضِيعَ إِيمَانَكُمْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ بِالنَّاسِ لَرَءُوفٌ رَحِيمٌ
Thus We have made you (true Muslims - real believers of Islâmic Monotheism, true followers of Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم and his Sunnah (legal ways)), a just (and the best) nation, that you be witnesses over mankind {1} and the Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسل&#1605 be a witness over you. And We made the Qiblah (prayer direction towards Jerusalem), which you used to face, only to test those who followed the Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسل&#1605 from those who would turn on their heels (i.e. disobey the Messenger). Indeed it was great (heavy) except for those whom Allâh guided. And Allâh would never make your faith (prayers) to be lost (i.e. your prayers offered towards Jerusalem). Truly, Allâh is full of Kindness, the Most Merciful towards mankind.

{1} (V.2: 143) Narrated Abu Sa‘îd Al-Khudrî رضي الله عنه: Allâh’s Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم said "Nûh will be called on the Day of Resurrection and he will say, ‘ Labbaik and Sa’daik, (I respond to Your Call and I am obedient to Your Orders) O my Lord! Allâh will say, ‘Did you convey Our Message of Islâmic Monotheism?’ Nûh will say, ‘Yes’. His nation will then be asked, ‘Did he convey Our Message of Islâmic Monotheism to you?’ They will say, ‘No warner came to us.’ Then Allâh will say (to Nûh), ‘Who will bear witness in your favor?’ He will say, ‘Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم and his followers.’ So they (i.e., Muslims) will testify that he conveyed the Message - and the Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسل&#1605 will be a witness over you, and that is what is meant by the Statement of Allâh عز وجل: We made you (true Muslims - real believers of Islâmic Monotheism, true followers of Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم and his Sunnah (legal ways)) a just (and the best) nation that you be witnesses over mankind and the Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسل&#1605 will be a witness over you." (Sahih Al-Bukhâri, Vol.6, Hadîth No.14).

Muslims were facing the Baytal-Maqqadis (Jerusalem) while performing Salaat in the early day of Islaam. The above Ayaah was revealed when it was ordained to face Ka’abah again. This Ayaah states that previous order ofAllaah to face “Baytal-Maqqadis” was test to know who obey the order and who reject it. Readers must note that the order to face Baytal-Maqqadis during worship has been attributed by Allaah to Himself. That means that He was the One Who had commanded His Messenger Muhammad صلی الله عليه وسلم to the direction of Baytal-Maqqadis. But the command itself is not found anywhere in the Glorious Qur’aan. It is obviously clear that this order was given by Allaah through a Wahy (Ghayr Matluww){revelation beside Glorious Qur’aan}, which is not a part of the Glorious Qur’aan. At this point we must point out that people of the Book were foretold about the new Qibla i.e. Ka’bah and its superiority over Jerusalem in their Scripture.

Hadeeth rejecters do not posses Imaan that is why they reject Hadeeth and/or Sunnah. Glorious Qur’aan has provided a comprehensive definition of Imaan ايمان in Ayaah 3 of Surah Al-Baqarah,

Surah Al-Baqarah 3
الَّذِينَ يُؤْمِنُونَ بِالْغَيْبِ وَيُقِيمُونَ الصَّلَاةَ وَمِمَّا رَزَقْنَاهُمْ يُنْفِقُونَ
Who believe in the Ghaib {1} and perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât), {2} and spend out of what We have provided for them (i.e. give Zakât {3} , spend on themselves, their parents, their children, their wives, etc., and also give charity to the poor and also in Allâh’s Cause - Jihâd).

{1} (V.2: 3): Al-Ghaib: literally means a thing not seen. But this word includes vast meanings: Belief in Allâh, Angels, Holy Books, Allâh’s Messengers, Day of Resurrection and Al-Qadar (Divine Pre-ordainments). It also includes what Allâh and His Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم informed about the knowledge of the matters of past, present, and future e.g., news about the creation of the heavens and earth, botanical and zoological life, the news about the nations of the past, and about Paradise and Hell.

{2} (V.2: 3): Iqâmat-as-Salât إقامة الصلاة: The performance of Salât (prayers). It means that: a) Each and every Muslim, male or female, is obliged to offer his Salât (prayers) regularly five times a day at the specified times; the male in a mosque in congregation and the female at home. As the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم has said: "Order your children for Salât (prayers) at the age of seven and beat them (about it) at the age of ten." The chief (of a family, town, tribe, etc.) and the Muslim rulers of a country are held responsible before Allâh in case of non-fulfillment of this obligation by the Muslims under their authority. b) One must offer the Salât (prayers) as the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم used to offer them with all their rules and regulations, i.e., standing, bowing, prostrating, sitting, as he صلى الله عليه وسلم has said: "Offer your Salât (prayers) the way you see me offering them (see Sahih Al-Bukhâri, Vol.1, H. No. 604 and Vol.9, H. No. 352)." (For the characteristics of the Salât (prayer) of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم see Sahih Al-Bukhâri, Vol.1, H. No. 702, 703, 704, 723, 786, 787].

{3} (V.2: 3) Zakât زكاة: A certain fixed proportion of the wealth and of each and every kind of property liable to Zakât of a Muslim to be paid yearly for the benefit of the poor in the Muslim community. The payment of Zakât is obligatory as it is one of the five pillars of Islâm. Zakât is the major economic means for establishing social justice and leading the Muslim society to prosperity and security. (See Sahih Al- Bukhâri, Vol. 2, Book of Zakât, No. 24]

يُؤْمِنُونَ بِالْغَيْبِ( Believe in the unseen) in the terminology of Islaamic Shariah, signifies accepting with complete certitude the statement made by Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم out of one’s total confidence and trust in him and without need of personal observation. The word Ghaib غيبlexically denotes things that are not known to man in an evident manner and/or which are not apprehensible through the five senses.

In conclusion, we can assert with absolute confidence that those who reject the Ahadeeth and/or Sunnah are absolute ignorant of Islaamic sciences and they are outside the fold of Islaam. Their attacks on scholars of Islaam, our Imaams and the Sunnah and Hadeeth are mere boldface lies and complete misrepresentation of the truth. I will also urge the Muslims to stop relying on websites like MSA or else, they are nothing but breeding ground of ignorance and disinformation. One cannot learn by mere English translations of Qur’aan and Ahadeeth. The few examples cited above proves that proper learning and using appropriate sources can resolve the misconceptions and what appears to be contradictory narrations, which in reality are not even close to be contradictory.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-14-2005, 04:33 PM
I use that data base alot, like every other day just to chek something. Jazakallah for pointing it brother Kadafi :thumbs_up

Uthman
04-14-2005, 04:33 PM

That's quite surprising. Are they aware of this? I like many others are a frequent user too. I'll read the article now Insha'Allah. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansar Al-'Adl
04-16-2005, 05:18 PM
:sl: brother Kadafi,
If this is true then it is a very important issue. Do you think that the problem is in the Khan-Hilali translation itself, or mistakes in posting the hadith?

What do you think about this site for hadith:
http://sahihalbukhari.com/sps/sbk/

I have a website for the hadith in original arabic:
http://www.al-eman.com/hadeeth/

kadafi
04-16-2005, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
:sl: brother Kadafi,
If this is true then it is a very important issue. Do you think that the problem is in the Khan-Hilali translation itself, or mistakes in posting the hadith?

What do you think about this site for hadith:
http://sahihalbukhari.com/sps/sbk/

I have a website for the hadith in original arabic:
http://www.al-eman.com/hadeeth/

For some odd reason, the arabic font doesn't show.

I'm planning to order the 9vol. Bukhari collection for $99 at dar-us-salam soon. Insha'Allah, after that I will order the other 5 sahih books.

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-16-2005, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi

For some odd reason, the arabic font doesn't show.
I sometimes get that problem too. Try changing the text encoding on your browser (view>text encoding)

Sahih Bukhair is listed on that website here:
http://www.al-eman.com/hadeeth/viewtoc.asp?BID=13

I'm planning to order the 9vol. Bukhari collection for $99 at dar-us-salam soon. Insha'Allah, after that I will order the other 5 sahih books.
I have Sahih Bukhari, but I only have the summarized Sahih Muslim.

You may also find some other useful sites here:
http://muslim-investor.com/mi/islamic-references.phtml

kadafi
04-18-2005, 11:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
I sometimes get that problem too. Try changing the text encoding on your browser (view>text encoding)

Sahih Bukhair is listed on that website here:
http://www.al-eman.com/hadeeth/viewtoc.asp?BID=13

I have Sahih Bukhari, but I only have the summarized Sahih Muslim.

You may also find some other useful sites here:
http://muslim-investor.com/mi/islamic-references.phtml

Jazaka'Allahu Khairun for the links bro, and the changing of txt encoding did work.

- Qatada -
11-20-2005, 09:28 PM
wa alykum a Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

this is a good site for hadith too insha Allaah. it can be a replacement to the other one insha Allaah.

http://hadith.al-islam.com/Bayan/

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Bittersteel
12-25-2005, 08:49 AM
Can someone find the actual hadith of the following:

Umar became worried that so many of the people who had memorized bits of the Quran were being killed in battle and he approached Abu Bakr, who was the Caliph at the time, to try and compile them into one.

Khayal
01-23-2007, 04:53 AM

JazaakAllah khair brother Kadafi for pointing it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.