/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why is this occurring? Why?

Jeness18
02-22-2006, 12:36 AM
I found this at a site...

Do you know why the number of rapes is increasing? Do you Know? Its because of women who don’t want to accept the laws of the Almighty, women who are ready to compromise Islam, women who are ready to reject the Truth. Yes my dear sister, we know you won’t compromise Islam, we know that like all of us you want to be in Jannah one day and we know that you have Imaan in your heart. So, for the sake of Allah, just to be in Jannah, just to make the difference between you and the Kaafirs, AS FROM NOW REPENT, REPENT FOR HAVING DISOBEYED YOUR CREATOR AND START WEARING YOUR HIJAB AS FROM TODAY ONLY FOR ALLAH’S PLEASURE AND FOR THE PLACE (JANNAH) THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE IN ONE DAY.

Is this true?

An opinion you want? Ok. Well...where to begin?
I think that is true about how men don't look at women who where the hijab...why would someone want to rape a woman covered up? He has no idea of what to expect-for all he knows she could be a ninja. But to say that women get raped by the way they present themselves is very false-random women get raped. It's not just those who go around half-naked. The girls in the sweat-pants and sweat-shirts and frumpy hair definitely get raped also. I have heard about it from people around me getting raped. You don't have to be the prettiest or hottest. It happens to anyone. I really think that the hijab protects you from this evil. I never really put two and two together and now I am glad I learned this and everything I have so far. Ready to learn more from you guys!!! Keep up the posts!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
shorouk
02-22-2006, 12:45 AM
jenesse ur right
but im surpsied by ur post :D i thought u were christian?

abdul Majid
02-22-2006, 12:52 AM
**********how Bueatiful, Is The Sister That Covers Her Self, Out Of Self Respect.....allahhuakhbar**********

Compared To A Lady That Wears Tight Clothes, And Loves To Show Off Her Chest And So Forth, How Is That Respect For Your Body And Mind???? A Women Like This Is Discusting In My Opinon....

Jeness18
02-22-2006, 01:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shorouk
jenesse ur right
but im surpsied by ur post :D i thought u were christian?
I am...I found that at a site...I said lol...when I found it I was shocked...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
shariq_0189
02-22-2006, 02:55 AM
thats very nice, i am glad it makes sense to you. I would love to knw your view about the passeage you posted, if u dont mind?.

Lush
02-22-2006, 06:44 PM
So... if a woman doesn't wear a hijab it's Ok to rape her? Read a fatwa on that the other day. How disgusting. :rant:

Muezzin
02-22-2006, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lush
So... if a woman doesn't wear a hijab it's Ok to rape her? Read a fatwa on that the other day. How disgusting. :rant:
You must have been reading a fatwa by a silly 'Rent-an-Imam' :p

Rape is wrong, but there are always sick -------s who will do it. The hijab does help to prevent it, but that doesn't make it open season for rapists on all other women.

akulion
02-22-2006, 06:51 PM
uum thats not a fatwa

and thats not telling people to rape women who dont cover

u got it all wrong Lush

What it s saying is that because women like to walk around half naked they attract too much attention to themselves as a result become more at risk

Kittygyal
02-22-2006, 06:52 PM
i agree with you br.muezzin rape is wrong.... but wots wth the swear shouldn't that be removed!!!!!!!!!!1

Lush
02-22-2006, 06:54 PM
Here's the fatwa in question,

http://www.islam.tc/ask-imam/view.php?q=2805

I agree that women should use common sense, but we shouldn't go down the slippery slope of trying to explain rape through clothing. I think rape is a violent crime above all else. And remember, one man's virgin is another man's prostitute! :(

Lush
02-22-2006, 06:57 PM
Another interesting fact is that the "Rent-an-Imam" who issued this supposed fatwa, is based in South Africa. South Africa has horrible statistics on rape and sexual harrassment. Pretty much any woman who is raped is immediately blamed for what happened, and hardly anyone gets prosecuted for this heinous crime. A woman currenly claiming that a government official has raped her is being called names and threatened with death. And so it goes. :(

Kittygyal
02-22-2006, 06:58 PM
which women?

Lush
02-22-2006, 07:00 PM
Here is the BBC link to what's going on in South Africa,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4713172.stm

Kittygyal
02-22-2006, 07:02 PM
omg!

akulion
02-22-2006, 07:02 PM
Not wearing the hijab dosent constitute "seduction" at all because in Islam women who are not Muslims are allowed under an Islamic start not to cover their heads

However dressing seductively can be argued - as was in the case in the US in late 1990 where a woman got raped because she answered her door in a see thru negligee and was flirting with the mail man with nothing underneath

However either way - in Islam the rapist is the criminal and must be punished.

Remember one thing about Fatwas online: They are inadmissible in any Sharia court of law because they can not be verified! (since anyone can make a website and put any names)

So Insha'Allah always be weary what u read

Chuck
02-22-2006, 07:04 PM
"if a woman doesn't wear a hijab it's Ok to rape her?"
Hijab is not to protect oneself against a righteous person, because righteous person won't do such a thing. It is to protect from men who have disease in their heart. For example, I wouldn't keep the gate of my house without a lock, I know a God fearing muslims won't come into my house and steal, but all people are not God fearing.

"Read a fatwa on that the other day. How disgusting."
I haven't read the fatwa so I can't comment on that, because sometimes people misunderstand the fatwa, and sometimes fatwa issuer is a wacko.

*charisma*
02-22-2006, 07:19 PM
Assalamu Alaikum and Greetings,

Do you know why the number of rapes is increasing? Do you Know? Its because of women who don’t want to accept the laws of the Almighty, women who are ready to compromise Islam, women who are ready to reject the Truth. Yes my dear sister, we know you won’t compromise Islam, we know that like all of us you want to be in Jannah one day and we know that you have Imaan in your heart. So, for the sake of Allah, just to be in Jannah, just to make the difference between you and the Kaafirs, AS FROM NOW REPENT, REPENT FOR HAVING DISOBEYED YOUR CREATOR AND START WEARING YOUR HIJAB AS FROM TODAY ONLY FOR ALLAH’S PLEASURE AND FOR THE PLACE (JANNAH) THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE IN ONE DAY.
For anyone to actually say this is wrong, because only Allah subhana wa tala knows :-\. There are many reasons why a woman would get raped even if she is covered. This could be half a reason.

Covering protects a woman, yes, but that isn't the main reason we put on our hijaab (main reason is because Allah told us to). The hijaab is a sign of modesty displayed on the outside, but that doesnt mean a woman should be laughing her head off and flirting in public with her hijaab on, with this she has lost all her modesty.

The other half is the rapist. If one cannot control their desires, it doesnt matter whether the girl is covered or not, although a covered girl would be a lot less prone to getting raped than a girl who reveals her body which would make a man more desireable to commit fitnah (sins). Hijab also serves as a warning to the opposite sex, there's a reason shes covering herself and that reason should be obvious to men and it should strike a bit of curiousity to women, a way we are able to spread Islam.

It is better for a woman to cover, she is more free and safer that way and Allah knows best. Intentions are greater than the act.

Fi aman Allah
w'salaam

handhuvar
02-28-2006, 02:47 PM
[QUOTE=Jeness18;190986]I found this at a site...

:sl:

what u said is absolutely correct
but thats not the only reason y they rape.
includes their dirty minds thats y they abuse kids. is this becose they dont wear hijab??
:w:

Halima
02-28-2006, 03:05 PM
:sl:

From the looks of this discusssion, I have noticed this is taking us all the way back to square one of this thread

http://www.islamicboard.com/educatio...e-respect.html

That thread is a public opinon of who has more respect the American women or the muslim women...and the discussion of this thread is heading towards the direction of the effect that women have if they are modest or not.

(In general terms).

:w:

Lush
02-28-2006, 05:49 PM
Just to reiterate my point... Anyone who thinks that it's somehow more acceptable to rape a woman if she's not in hijab is a freak in my book. And this is not an argument against hijab, whose tradition I am very much cool with.

HeiGou
02-28-2006, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lush
Just to reiterate my point... Anyone who thinks that it's somehow more acceptable to rape a woman if she's not in hijab is a freak in my book. And this is not an argument against hijab, whose tradition I am very much cool with.
Sheik digs himself into a deeper hole
By Miranda Devine
May 1, 2005
The Sun-Herald

Liverpool's Sheik Faiz Mohamad did himself no favours trying to justify his comments that women who were raped only had themselves to blame because they dressed immodestly.

His comments at a lecture to more than 1000 people last month at Bankstown Town Hall caused a storm of anger after they were revealed in The Sun-Herald last Sunday.

"A victim of rape every minute somewhere in the world. Why? No one to blame but herself," he said. "She displayed her beauty to the entire world. She degraded herself by being an object of sexual desire."

During the week, Sydney-born Faiz, 34, attempted to justify himself in an interview on Channel Nine, but only dug a deeper hole.

"What I meant is a lady, if she wears any kind of alluring clothes or adorning [sic] clothes or clothes that beautify her beauty, she is eligible for rape." Eligible for rape?

Later, on Channel Ten, he tried again. "Maybe I should have said it another way, meaning they are attracting to themselves and are partly to blame but not fully to blame."

He still doesn't get it, despite the fact that NSW Premier Bob Carr, Federal Treasurer Peter Costello and numerous Muslim organisations have condemned him.

But it is not the first time the popular sheik, who lectures twice a week at Liverpool's Global Islamic Youth Centre, has made extreme statements.

In a story about former Guantanamo Bay inmate Mamdouh Habib last year, ABC's Four Corners played an excerpt from a tape of one of Faiz's lectures in which he described the "so-called war on terrorism" as "nothing but a war on Islam and the Muslims to ensure the Zionist - those pigs - the Zionist-American domination in every corner of this earth."

Later in the tape he talked of jihad. "Go to Iraq today and see your brothers and sisters! See them! See what is happening there! It's gonna happen to you one day! We're too scared to go to jihad! What are you living for?"

But it is the misogyny of his Bankstown comments that have most disturbed a city still scarred by the spate of racially motivated gang rapes by Lebanese Muslim males in recent years.

It is hard to accept that such a young man, born and raised in Australia of Lebanese parents, would have so little respect for the rights of women in the culture of his own country.

But it has been encouraging to watch the spontaneous condemnation of Faiz's comments from so many Muslims all week.

A group of more than a dozen Muslim organisations issued a collective statement objecting to Faiz's statements about rape. Sydney lawyer Irfan Yusef, self-described Aussie Mossie (Muslim), wrote an article for The Sydney Morning Herald speaking for "most in the Muslim community [who] feel revulsion at his comments".

The Islamic Sydney website has been full of lively discussion of the topic all week, with any attempts to justify the sheik's comments soundly rebuffed. A poll on the website found that 87. 6 per cent of respondents (of a total of 412) disagreed with: "The comment made by Sheik Faiz that a woman that dresses provocatively becomes eligible for rape?".

It's worth remembering what the American scholar of Islam Daniel Pipes said, on a visit to Sydney three years ago, about combating militant Islam.

First, he warned of the need to rebuff incremental radical Islamic encroachments on our Western secular society, such as any attempt to limit a woman's right to wear whatever she wants.

"If there are two ways which are reconcilable - the militant Islam way and the Australian way - you will need to assert the Australian way."

Militant Islamists believe their totalitarian ideology is not just an alternative to our liberal democracy but superior to it, Pipes said, "and they would like to move the country in that direction so there are special privileges accorded to Islam . . .

"When there's a difference between their approach and the Australian approach, they want Australia to become like them and not vice versa," he said.

But Pipes's central message was the importance of supporting moderate Muslims in order to defeat militant Islam.

"Muslims are the victims of militant Islam no less than non-Muslims," he said.

If Sydneysiders respond to the ravings of Sheik Faiz by vilifying all Muslims, they will not only do a terrible injustice to the majority of moderate Muslim people who love this country but they will sow the seeds of something much worse.

They will create resentment and disengagement and drive young men into the arms of dangerous extremists who preach rape and jihad.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!