/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i need tips

naasiaah
02-22-2006, 05:36 PM
:sl:

please help me i need tips on how to have more self control.i have a filthy mouth that i am NOT proud of.i want to know how can i get better with this problem.i also need tips on how not to let non-muslim friends influence me.oh and if you think of any other tips you want to share please tell me thank you

:w: :sister:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
02-22-2006, 05:40 PM
just think b4 u speak :giggling: :giggling:

Mainul_Islam
02-23-2006, 12:22 AM
get friends who dont have a filthy mouth

i feel that way too... if i hang out with kids who curse a lot, i feel like a nerd if i dont talk the same way they do... so i stopped hanging out with these kind of people

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-23-2006, 12:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naasiaah

please help me i need tips on how to have more self control.i have a filthy mouth that i am NOT proud of.i want to know how can i get better with this problem.i also need tips on how not to let non-muslim friends influence me.oh and if you think of any other tips you want to share please tell me thank you

Just a reminder that you are not supposed to tell others your sins. For advice, just dont hang out with the types of people who use those words. Seek good company.

:w:

ps- thread moved

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Jason
02-23-2006, 04:23 AM
Get a jar or some other container. Everytime you curse, put a penny (or whatever the smallest denomination of your currency is) into the jar.

Mainul_Islam
02-23-2006, 04:45 AM
brother Ahmed, i dont think cursing is a sin unless u curse at someone. cursing in general is just improper but i dont think it does as far as being a sin

Selising
02-23-2006, 07:36 AM
Where do you live? I'm sure there are a lot of majlis ilmu at your place. Find one and attend regularly. Bring along a tasbih inside your pocket, and always say Subhanallah, wAlhamdulillah, waLaailahaillallah wAllahu Akbar.

Avoid your non-muslim friend. It is good to be addicted to this group (at least that is what I think). This group will make u think, MashaAllah how knowledgable people in this group. Alhamdulillah I've found it. and MashaAllah from various country various race, various culture, but one way of life

naasiaah
02-23-2006, 06:29 PM
asalam wa alaykum

i live in philly and im surrounded by non muslims and i am limited to where i can go except for school but i could try thank you for the advice

aamirsaab
02-23-2006, 06:34 PM
Don't say anything. Quite simple really. Granted, it takes a while to get used to.

Snowflake
02-23-2006, 06:40 PM
i have a filthy mouth that i am NOT proud of

Record yourself swearing and cursing then play it back and listen to yourself. I'm sure you'll realise how awful you sound and it should put you off.

Also show respect to your tongue. It is the same tongue you use to say Allah's name, recite the Quran, pray salah and make duaa. For that sake try to keep it clean. I'm sure that will help, inshaAllah :)

naasiaah
02-24-2006, 01:24 AM
thank you i will try real hard thank you ad may allah bless you

handhuvar
02-28-2006, 10:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naasiaah

good company and friends wil do a lot.
recite Quran as much as u can and pray regularly, this wil avoid ur sins and evil thinking. believe in Allah ask him ur needs only HE can help

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.