/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Indian govt urged to cut ties with Denmark

sonz
02-22-2006, 09:17 PM
NEW DELHI, Feb 21: Several leading Indian politicians on Tuesday called upon the government to sever ties with Denmark to protest the publication of controversial cartoons.

Ram Gopal Yadav of the Samajwadi Party raised the issue in the lower house of parliament, urging the government to protest the cartoons and reported depiction of Hindu gods and goddesses on tissue paper by some European companies.

Yadav’s colleague Mohammed Shahid said the cartoon controversy had insulted Indian Muslims.

“India should sever all its bilateral relations with Denmark on the issue of the cartoons,” Mr Shahid said. “We demand that the Danish ambassador be summoned and the hurt and indignation that Indian Muslims feel be conveyed.”

Indian home minister Shivraj Patil replied by saying the government has already condemned the cartoons and ‘conveyed our reservations to the government of Denmark’.

“Hurting the sentiments of any section — whether they are Muslim, Christian or Buddhist — is not right,” Mr Patil said.

This week, an Indian Islamic court issued a fatwa condemning to death the 12 artists who drew the controversial images. The religious head of Idara-i-Sharia Darul Kaza Islamic court in Lucknow issued the decree.

Several major Indian businesses have offices in Denmark, and Danish firms have begun outsourcing to India. —AFP

http://www.dawn.com/2006/02/22/int9.htm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sis786
02-23-2006, 09:37 AM
Hope the India Goverment listen to the voices of the Muslims in India.

justahumane
02-23-2006, 10:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sis786
Hope the India Goverment listen to the voices of the Muslims in India.
There are very few chances of ur hopes getting fullfilled sister, Remember pictures of hindu gods being printed on toilet papers in UK? Nothing was done that time too. And the world famous Indian painter, Maqbool Fida Hussain, drew Nude paintings of hindu godess saraswati( Yes nude paintings of hindu godess drawn by an eminent indian muslim painter) Goverment never thought to impose any criminal case against him even after request from some hindu groups.

Hindus are tolerent beyond imagination Sister. In fact we hindus believe that GOD is capable of doing His job perfectly, unlike some of our religious counterparts.

Thanks.

sonz
02-23-2006, 10:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by justahumane
There are very few chances of ur hopes getting fullfilled sister, Remember pictures of hindu gods being printed on toilet papers in UK? Nothing was done that time too. And the world famous Indian painter, Maqbool Fida Hussain, drew Nude paintings of hindu godess saraswati( Yes nude paintings of hindu godess drawn by an eminent indian muslim painter) Goverment never thought to impose any criminal case against him even after request from some hindu groups.

Hindus are tolerent beyond imagination Sister. In fact we hindus believe that GOD is capable of doing His job perfectly, unlike some of our religious counterparts.

Thanks.
wow

the "deep" faith that hindus lol

anyone who tolerates that does not have any faith what ever religion he follows. this why millions of hindus never follow their religion properly and they it as tradition.

masalama

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sis786
02-23-2006, 10:41 AM

Thanks.
I never heard about the painting and the toilet paper issue but all i can say that the Hindus at the time should have kicked up a fuss about this. I mean thats disgusting for someone to paint a goddess of the Hindu faith Naked and dont think that just beacuse he was Muslims I am backing him up that was wrong BUT as a Hindu its your job to make sure something is done about this.

justahumane
02-23-2006, 10:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
wow

the "deep" faith that hindus lol

anyone who tolerates that does not have any faith what ever religion he follows. this why millions of hindus never follow their religion properly and they it as tradition.

masalama
Brother hindu is not a religion, ur first lesson on hinduism.

And the world knows who follow his religion and how much. In fact varying percentage of interest given in banks of muslim nations tells us all.

Kafirs are better than munafiqeens, holy quran says that, not me, remember brother?

So in any case we are better than our counterparts. consult holy quran if u dont believe me.

Thanks.

justahumane
02-23-2006, 10:50 AM
I never heard about the painting and the toilet paper issue but all i can say that the Hindus at the time should have kicked up a fuss about this. I mean thats disgusting for someone to paint a goddess of the Hindu faith Naked and dont think that just beacuse he was Muslims I am backing him up that was wrong BUT as a Hindu its your job to make sure something is done about this.
Sis U forgot we are tolrent beyond imagination. And further we believe unlike our counterparts that GOD is capable enough to deal with anyone who insults him or his messenger. So no need to make a fuss about it, according to our beliefs. We rather are happy to love who hurl insults on us. Everyone has his or her own way of thinking and he or she is entitled to it. I hope u agree with me this time.

Sis786
02-23-2006, 01:08 PM
Sis U forgot we are tolrent beyond imagination. And further we believe unlike our counterparts that GOD is capable enough to deal with anyone who insults him or his messenger. So no need to make a fuss about it, according to our beliefs. We rather are happy to love who hurl insults on us. Everyone has his or her own way of thinking and he or she is entitled to it. I hope u agree with me this time.
No i dont agree with you. I can understand what you are saying. You see with the Cartoons insulting the Prophet pbhu when they were published we were angry its not beacuse we dont think God cannot deal with this so we should, we believe that the people involved will have to answer to God, But you see this was a insult directed at all Muslims therefore it concerned us. Then for these pictures to be published again and again was like throwing fuel in the fire.

For soo long Muslims and our faith have been abused by THE Europeans, whether its the banning of the Hijab or through art or media. But this time there was no need for this and the cartoons were a way of provking the crowds.

I do agree that some did take it too far and the riots and burining and killings thats got nothing to do with Islam but to do with a over angry crowd and lack of security from the police forces.

I think that the Muslim artist that made that pic ive not heard of him but if he did Firstly he shouldnt even be concerining himself with the image of another lady naked thats Haraam and forbidean. Secondly he had no right to mock another religion in a degrading manner!

Ghazi
02-23-2006, 01:22 PM
Salaam

I think all muslim countires should cut ties with america and form ties with other muslim countries something similar to the UN

justahumane
02-23-2006, 03:40 PM
No i dont agree with you. I can understand what you are saying. You see with the Cartoons insulting the Prophet pbhu when they were published we were angry its not beacuse we dont think God cannot deal with this so we should, we believe that the people involved will have to answer to God, But you see this was a insult directed at all Muslims therefore it concerned us. Then for these pictures to be published again and again was like throwing fuel in the fire.
Sis U got me all wrong if u feel that my comments were based on cartoon fiasco at all. No way. I honestly feel that cartoons were insulting beyond tolrence limits. But I have difference with muslim ideology of violent protest. I have reasons to believe that whatever is the reaction of muslims in all major problems involving muslims is only helpful in worsening the situation, not the less improving it. No honest approach is being made, Litrally NO. Everything is being done to keep this all going on. Sufferings of innocent ppls have become tools for some blind fundamentalists. They are more concerned for their false ego rather than their Ummah.

Sis, Believe me, I dont have any misunderstanding regarding Islam. I understand it the way U do. ISLAM HAS NOTHING WHICH SUPPORT TERRIROISM.

Thanks

Sis786
02-23-2006, 03:55 PM
Sis U got me all wrong if u feel that my comments were based on cartoon fiasco at all. No way. I honestly feel that cartoons were insulting beyond tolrence limits. But I have difference with muslim ideology of violent protest. I have reasons to believe that whatever is the reaction of muslims in all major problems involving muslims is only helpful in worsening the situation, not the less improving it. No honest approach is being made, Litrally NO. Everything is being done to keep this all going on. Sufferings of innocent ppls have become tools for some blind fundamentalists. They are more concerned for their false ego rather than their Ummah.

Sis, Believe me, I dont have any misunderstanding regarding Islam. I understand it the way U do. ISLAM HAS NOTHING WHICH SUPPORT TERRIROISM.

Thanks
Thats fine im sorry i got ya wrong, I am proud to see you a Hindu understanding Islam even better than Muslims themselves, :okay:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.