04-14-2005, 07:43 PM
edit

S_87
04-14-2005, 07:47 PM
why wots it like?

can u wear hijab?
do u get beaten up?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
04-14-2005, 07:48 PM
Asalamu alaikum

so ur saying getting a job/proper educations is better than having strong faith in Allah because u care more about what they think of u??

sorry im gonna have to disagree with that...

You can get a great education anywhere u can even educate yourself and about the job i dont think they have the right to take that oppertunity from u stand up for ur rights as a muslimah and let them see who u stand for in this world.

fi aman allah
w'salaamz

Lina
04-14-2005, 08:12 PM
edit

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-14-2005, 08:30 PM
Alhamdullilah. its good to know ur faith is strong sister. But To make it even stronger and make Allah more pleased with u, i say Do wear the hijab. Hijab for the woman is a way to remain clean and pure in the sight of Allah, and Allah loves those who do something seeking only nearness to him, and he does it and is faced with oppression is rewarded much more by Allah. Remember this world is nothing. Remeber the early muslims who were tortured very badly just because they said Laa Illaha Illalah Muhammed ur Rasoolulah.

Can the discrimination now be much worse than what they faced?? Can the insults and taunts be much worse than what the faced? No it cant be. No one is going to torture u for wearing it. Since Allah protects those who follows him, Wear the Hijab sister. in the same token sister, read this ayat from Surah Taghabun and follow it

064.013 God! There is no god but He: and on God, therefore, let the Believers put their trust.

So sister put ur trust In Allah and Wear Hijab, that is better for you Inshallah

wasalam

Uthman
04-14-2005, 09:12 PM
:sl:

Heed their advice sister. :)

I'm not saying there is no risk involved. But if you don't take the risk for your love of Islam, then what do you take it for? :)

:w:

BlissfullyJaded
04-14-2005, 09:17 PM

Sister dear, no matter which country you're in, unless its a Muslim country, you're gonna face some trial or the other when it comes to practising Islam. So turn to Allah SWT for help and pluck up the courage to do this. Despite the reactions you'll get, you'll never regret it inshaAllah.

And like brother Ahmed said, the Sahaba faced soo many hardships at the hands of the pagans, and they remained steadfast. They should be our role models, and and therefore we should strive to overcome our hardships.. :)

May Allah SWT grant you courage and reward your efforts. :)

Mujahada
04-14-2005, 10:21 PM
I dont think there is any need for me to say anything else as the brothers and sisters here already expressed my thoughts. Jazak Allahu kheirun :)

Insh'Allah even if I am discriminated for wearing hijab, even if the hijab is banned, I will never stop wearing it.
Even if I am thrown into jail and beaten Insh'Allah I will not stop wearing it..

This is one of our jihads!

This life is nothing compared to the next

~fUrRrI~
04-14-2005, 10:32 PM
well every1 practicaly said everything...

i ws readin this article on another forum...herez the part abt employment n the actual public:

3. Employer

This can be a delicate area, since we have seen that many sisters have unfortunately lost employment for following Allah's command to cover. In this case, also, be prepared for the worst, but stay positive. Write a very professional letter, avoiding too much religious discussion, and emphasizing that your appearance will remain professional and will not affect your job performance. Refer to your "right" to practice your religion freely, and that covering is a religious requirement that you have recently reached the level of faith to be able to fulfill. Be polite (don't threaten them!) and emphasize that it is just a small piece of cloth, not to be blown out of proportion. If you are unable to reach an agreement with your employer, contact CAIR (Council on American-Islamic Relations) at www.cair-net.org or a similar organization to advocate on your behalf.

4. The Public

This concern varies from state to state, city to city, but you must be emotionally prepared to be stared at, perhaps even yelled at, and remain firm in your convictions. This does not mean you won't be startled or shaken, but such incidences should not be able to scare you into taking off your scarf. You must also be able to explain, quickly and well, why you are covering because you will be asked! These are wonderful opportunities for da'wah if they are used well.

just member sis....
that we were made to worship him...i dont remember the exact ayyat but it said that man n jinn wer made to worship Allah(SWT)..

so w/e we do....it shud b for His Sake!!!

so no sweat ovr wat other ppl think or say or do :shade:

Uthman
04-14-2005, 10:37 PM

Good points. :)

Here is the aayah:

YUSUFALI: I have only created Jinns and men, that they may serve Me.
PICKTHAL: I created the jinn and humankind only that they might worship Me.
SHAKIR: And I have not created the jinn and the men except that they should serve Me.

:) :w:

~fUrRrI~
04-14-2005, 10:39 PM
jhazakhullah bro..
cuz i ws lookin for it:D

Lina
04-15-2005, 08:51 AM
edit

kadafi
04-15-2005, 05:45 PM

Holland _used_ to be such a tolerant country, atleast that's what I've observed when I used to live there.

But then again, the status-quo of Holland is in a intolerant phase now due the Theo Van Gogh incident. But it seems that the ignorant Dutch[ies] are venting their anger on the Muslim population now which accordin' to them, 'the Muslims have to pay the cost'.

I'm plannin' to visit Holland soon and would like to observe how "much" has changed.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-15-2005, 05:54 PM
what is the Theo Van Gogh incident>?????

kadafi
04-15-2005, 05:57 PM

That film director who directed that 15min movie titled 'Submission' that basically degraded the Islamic faith by revealin' a half-naked woman with tattooed (can't recall) verses of the Glorious Qur'an on her body. Shortly after the film was aired, he was murdered in Amsterdam.

Uthman
04-15-2005, 06:01 PM

Barakallah Feehum sisters. :)

Here you go brother Ahmed:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3974179.stm

:) :w:

Lina
04-15-2005, 07:07 PM
edit

Lina
04-15-2005, 07:10 PM
edit

Arwa
04-15-2005, 07:51 PM

Sorry .. but I don't think that that's a valid excuse for not wearing the hijaab.
The hijaab is obligatory just as prayer is.
Allah has ordered us to cover our selves.. see: Surah 33 ayah 59 and Surah 24 ayah 31.
Allah has COMMANDED us to wear the hijaab, by not doing so, we are disobeying Him and falling into sin.

:)

~fUrRrI~
04-15-2005, 08:15 PM
[QUOTE=Lina]yep, it used to be a tolerant country, now it's a mess.
if you visit holland you'll especially notice the changes in the media, every subject which they discuss is about muslims and Islaam.
QUOTE]

sis the media almost everywher is talkin bad abt muslims...
im not going to exactly quote bcuz i dont really know the exact words....but the Prophet(SallahuAlayheewasallum) said that the days for the ummah will get harder by day after hes gone....

practicing Islam is going to get harder for us...so we must strengthen our Imaan so we can take the pressure. n member that no matter what happens the whole purpose u r made is to worship him..n thats not just in prayer....but remembering him throughtout ur day...n by following his orders that he has given us :)

h-n
08-19-2013, 02:10 PM
With regards to the UK, I don't see it as a problem, as they not telling us we cannot follow Islam. I accept that its a person's choice whether they turn to Islam-as this is the choice given by God himself. So we Muslims can't complain if they choose not to become Muslims, neither do I.

What we do is show our disapproval of them accepting sinful behaviour, if we didn't care, we could just spend time laughing at them what with their lewd behaviour, accepting homosexuality, but we don't. Also we know how incredlble it is that they have been lied and lied to from their own governments regarding the war (they aren't being truthful about why they have been attacking countries in the first place). So I think as with any country, is to ignore the Governments as I don't want to be led astray by them, not to join the wars that they started, as we are responsible for what we fight and die for on the Day of Judgement. To live without doing any of this and wait for the arrival of the Prophet Jesus peace be upon him.

With anyone who is thinking of Saudi Arabia and building churches, well that is wrong, the Christians and the Jews were there before the arrival of the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him, so the Muslims do all the work, so at that time, when people were commmiting so many lewd behaviour, getting drunk etc to them stopping drinking, started praying and fasting for a month, and now they want to build a church there?? That doesn't make any sense. Then they say that people are forced to become Muslims, why don't they go to a hot country and tell us that even if forced how people would continiously even fast for a month etc???

We remember that there is no such thing as "country", no person will be nationalistic and waving their flag around on the Day of Judgement, this is God's world, and it is for people to choose what path they take. Some people do act like the people of Thamud who carved their homes at the mountains, when they think the Muslims stay in "western countries" for the lifestyle. If the Muslims cared of the life style then we wouldn't be Muslims (but living and acting as they do). When they tell the Muslims to go to a Muslim country (when they don't have a home there), it is no different in telling someone to get up and move tomorrow to London, Edinburgh without having a home there either.

Someone stated that we blame the West for the problems of Muslims, but this is not true, only when they bomb, attack the Muslims. When they interfere the the governments abroad to only caring about what the western governments want to such an extent that even in Africa they care about making their country look good for tourism. People in this world did not survive on tourism in the past and they do not need it today.

In Pakistan for example, whatever the media likes to portray them as even going as far as saying that there is now the Pakistani taliban etc, Christians and Muslims have been living side by side, and churches have even been decorated to openly celebrate Christmas and there are those that keep swines. Nothing in Islam tells the Muslims to attack someone just because they are not a Muslim (but that only fight those who fight you).

This world, no matter were we are is a TEST, and not a life (as that is in the next world), if people want to think this is their only life were they choose to live with murderers, rapists, wars, spend their time pooping in the toilet, then by all means continue, until your appointed time.

Pygoscelis
08-19-2013, 02:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi

Holland _used_ to be such a tolerant country, atleast that's what I've observed when I used to live there.

But then again, the status-quo of Holland is in a intolerant phase now due the Theo Van Gogh incident. But it seems that the ignorant Dutch[ies] are venting their anger on the Muslim population now which accordin' to them, 'the Muslims have to pay the cost'.

I'm plannin' to visit Holland soon and would like to observe how "much" has changed.

It is unfortunate that the actions of a few can turn a society against so many others, who just want to live their lives in peace.

It wasn't just the scene you referred to. It was also this:

format_quote Originally Posted by BBC Article
The film Submission told the story of a Muslim woman forced into an arranged marriage who is abused by her husband and raped by her uncle. It triggered an outcry from Dutch Muslims
Ironically, the guy who killed Van Gogh probably did so for the scene you spoke of and probably saw little wrong with the above.

aamirsaab
08-19-2013, 03:11 PM
Guys, please don't bump OLD threads...

This one is from 2005. It's 2013....

Thread locked.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.