/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Masjid Al Aqsa

Khaldun
01-21-2006, 09:53 AM
:sl:

I am sure most of you know this by now, but I would like to post this for the benefit of younger members inshAllah.

Masjid Al Aqsa

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
01-21-2006, 10:08 AM
:wasalamex

subhan Allaah! i neva knew that :eek: i've always thought that the gold dome masjid was al-aqsa...

:salamext:

Syed Hussain
01-21-2006, 12:47 PM
ASW
did you know thatthey are buildigna tunnel under it and therefore weakening it and it will collapse sooner or later.
mashallah the slide show was good.
ASW

azim
01-21-2006, 01:03 PM
Woah!!! How did I not know that! Jazakallah for the presentation.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bittersteel
01-21-2006, 04:36 PM
wow!Just wow!

DaSangarTalib
01-22-2006, 12:22 AM

Woah Jazaka Allah 4 sharing Very informative

:w:

hidaayah
01-22-2006, 02:12 AM
jazakallah khair for putting it up..
Assalam u Alaikum

Rabi'ya
01-22-2006, 11:19 AM

I jsut received this by email

I never knew it

Rabi'ya:rose:

Tilmeez
01-23-2006, 12:59 PM
Good effort! Jazzkallah.
This is part of jews' consipiracy. and there are many more things like this. we shuold not only find them but let the other know as well. so that they are not ignorant any more.

Tilmeez

MetSudaisTwice
01-23-2006, 01:01 PM
salam
mashallah great post
jazakallah for sharing the link bro
wasalam

Ra`eesah
02-23-2006, 03:25 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Do you know what the three sacred Masjids of Islam are?

1. Makkah - Kaa`ba

2. Madina - Masjid an Nabawi

3. Jerusalem- Masjid Al Aqsa.....

Do you know what Masjid Al Aqsa looks like?

Is it this???

Are you sure?

Watch the power point...

Presentation

lyalyapo
02-23-2006, 02:46 PM
i heard about it, but i didn't belive, is it real so ?

Ra`eesah
02-24-2006, 03:53 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Yes it is true. This pic Is acually called " The Dome of the Rock" or Masjid Qubbat As-Sakhrah. ====>

Al Aqsa Masjid is this====>

soraia
02-24-2006, 10:24 AM
Jazak'Allah... for pointing this out!!

hamzaa
03-17-2006, 11:22 PM
salaam

bttt:)

Ummu Amatullah
03-18-2006, 05:23 AM
Brother Jazak'Allah for removing such a misconception,but I remember watching a Palestinian documentary,and there was a Palestinian man praying in the Golden Domed Mosque.Then when he was asked how he felt praying in Masjidul-Aqsa he said that he felt so happy to be in the same masjid where Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) descended during Al-Isra Wal-Micraj and that he felt closer to Allah.What I can't figure out is that if that man was a Palestinian born citizen(which he was)then how can he not distinguish between the real Masjidul-Aqsa and the Golden Domed Mosque?Also in the video Palestine - Al-Aqsa(In the media section) why is the singer standing right before the Golden Domed Mosque and why doesn't the whole video show a pic. of the real Masjidul-Aqsa?

My question just to sum it up is,do the Palestinians even know the exact Masjid they're sacrificing their lives for?

Khaldun
03-18-2006, 06:59 AM

The Dome of Rock is the point where the Prophet salalahu alyhi wassalam did ascend, however it can never be masjid Al-Aqsa, and the truth of the matter is that most of the Muslim Ummah today wrongly mix the two up.

abdul Majid
03-18-2006, 07:57 AM
alhamdulillah that you cleared that up...

hamzaa
03-18-2006, 11:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

The Dome of Rock is the point where the Prophet salalahu alyhi wassalam did ascend, however it can never be masjid Al-Aqsa, and the truth of the matter is that most of the Muslim Ummah today wrongly mix the two up.

Indeed bro, a common misconception. What about creating a permanent sticky thread. on this subject??

salaam

Ummu Amatullah
03-20-2006, 04:16 AM

Akhi I'm sorry,but I'm confused.You said the Prophet ascended and descended at the Dome of the Rock right?Before I ask my question are the dome of the Rock and Masjid Al-Aqsa the same?

Khaldun
03-20-2006, 05:10 AM

Apoligies for the confusion :brother:

The Dome of the Rock is the place of lift off and touch down if you want to call it that, but the masjid Aqsa is the one mentioned in the Quran and where the Prophet salalahu alyhi wassalam lead all the other Prophets in salah. And no Dome of the Rock and Aqsa dont mean the same, and as shown in the illustration, are different masjids.

Ummu Amatullah
03-20-2006, 05:19 AM

Apoligies for the confusion :brother:

The Dome of the Rock is the place of lift off and touch down if you want to call it that, but the masjid Aqsa is the one mentioned in the Quran and where the Prophet salalahu alyhi wassalam lead all the other Prophets in salah. And no Dome of the Rock and Aqsa dont mean the same, and as shown in the illustration, are different masjids.
Brother you said that The Dome of the Rock was the place of ascension and descension,but in the Quran Surat Isra verse 1 he says: "Who took his slave(for a journey from Masjid Al-Haram) to Al-Masjid Al-Aqsa..........." Proving that Masjid Al-Aqsa was the place of ascension and descention and not the Dome of the Rock.

Khayal
03-20-2006, 06:45 PM
MashaAllah, great sharing..:rose: jazaak ALLAH khair.

Khaldun
03-20-2006, 11:14 PM

What in that verse says it was in masjid aqsa the Prophet salalhu alyhi wassalam was taken up?

Ummu Amatullah
03-21-2006, 12:30 PM

What in that verse says it was in masjid aqsa the Prophet salalhu alyhi wassalam was taken up?
Allah says:
سُبْحَانَ الَّذِي أَسْرَى بِعَبْدِهِ لَيْلاً مِّنَ الْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ إِلَى الْمَسْجِدِ الأَقْصَى الَّذِي بَارَكْنَا حَوْلَهُ لِنُرِيَهُ مِنْ آيَاتِنَا إِنَّهُ هُوَ السَّمِيعُ البَصِيرُ
{Glory to (Allah) Who did take His servant for a Journey by night from the Masjid Al-Haram to Masjid Al-Aqsa, whose precincts We did bless,- in order that We might show him some of Our Signs: for He is the One Who heareth and seeth (all things)}(Al-Quran 17:1)

Khaldun
03-21-2006, 02:34 PM

hehe yes it does say the Prophet salalahu alyhi wassalam was taken from masjid haram to masjid Aqsa true :) but what I meant does it say "and then We took him up from masjid aqsa" or something equvelent? The ayah doesnt state that. So in short the Prophet was taken from the haram in Makkah to the Haram in Jerusalem, but the actually ascension took place at the spot where the Dome of the Rock stands today.

Ummu Amatullah
03-22-2006, 02:12 AM
Brother I'm sorry,but does that even sound logical?It's also a known fact that he only stopped at one Masjid and not both Masjid Al-Aqsa and The Dome of the Rock,and if you're saying that he ascended from The Dome of the Rock like my aqeeadah teacher always says,"Madha Daleel."?

Khaldun
03-22-2006, 02:26 PM

Sister, if we look at the history of Islam we will straight away see that at the prophets time there were never two masjids there, dome of the rock was built later, so the prophet never visited two masjids :brother: the dome of the rock never exsisted.

As for the daleel the verse says, "whose precincts We did bless" and the Dome of the Rock is clearly in its precincts (meaning suroundings)

Ummu Amatullah
03-23-2006, 05:23 AM

Sister, if we look at the history of Islam we will straight away see that at the prophets time there were never two masjids there, dome of the rock was built later, so the prophet never visited two masjids :brother: the dome of the rock never exsisted.

As for the daleel the verse says, "whose precincts We did bless" and the Dome of the Rock is clearly in its precincts (meaning suroundings)
Brother I think you answered your own question.The whole point you were making was that the prophet ascended at The Dome of the Rock,then you say that the Dome of the Rock didn't exist in the Prophet's time.

anis_z24
03-23-2006, 05:47 AM
Salam
I knew before, but it was nice to underline it in my thoughts.
Thank You

Khaldun
03-23-2006, 01:44 PM

No sister I didnt mean he ascended from inside the building which is today known as Dome of the Rock, we both know that it didnt exsist at that time, I apoligies if it seemed that way. What I meant is that from that area the prophet salalhu alyhi wassalam made his ascension, do you understand?

Dhulqarnaeen
06-14-2006, 05:36 AM

I am sure most of you know this by now, but I would like to post this for the benefit of younger members inshAllah.

Masjid Al Aqsa
Subhanallah...Is it TRUE? Masha Allah, how cant I notice about this? I think most of muslims should know this :) Cause if we mention masjid Al Aqsha, then our imagination go to the masjid with the gold kubah ;D . Masha Allah. Jazakallah khair bro

Muslim Knight
06-14-2006, 10:00 AM
We know that during the Prophet's Night of Ascension, Haram al-Sharif (the Dome of the Rock) wasn't built yet (it was built later when Khalifah Umar r.a. conquered Jerusalem). But what about Masjid al-Aqsa? I mean, from historical viewpoint, we know that Al-Aqsa was the Temple of Solomon which the Romans pulled down after the ascension of Nabi Isa 'alayhi salaam. Since then it hasn't been rebuilt by the Jews.

My question is, did our Prophet Muhammad pray (with the other Prophets) in the Masjid Al-Aqsa or did he pray on the ruins of the Temple (which we later come to know through the Revelation) as Masjid Al-Aqsa?

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-14-2006, 10:14 AM
May Allah reward you.
W'salaam

Mawaddah
06-14-2006, 10:26 AM
Yes I knew about this before, It's a pity that not many people realize this though. It's just wonderful the way they can so easily divert peoples attention from the actual thing isn't it? *sarcasm*

Nablus
06-17-2006, 02:14 PM
did you know thatthey are buildigna tunnel under it and therefore weakening it and it will collapse sooner or later
and Palestinians are prevented from praying in it

Pk_#2
06-17-2006, 02:30 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

Nice post jazakhala :)

I didn't know but know i do, i always thought it was the mosque with the gold dome, i done a presentation on masjud Al-Aqsa but the illustrations were of the other mosque buh nobody corrected me, am guessing they were confused aswell!

Peace.

Ruenz
06-17-2006, 07:52 PM
jaazakallah nice post

samsam
06-18-2006, 08:23 AM
Thyank you for clearing that up bro.

Nafiisah
06-18-2006, 09:42 AM

Masjid Al Aqsa
JazaakAllahu khairan for underlining the difference, brother
WaAssalaaamou3alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu

chacha_jalebi
06-18-2006, 10:48 AM
salaam

can i jus ask pwease!! is it true that masjid al sakhra - dome of rock, is called dome of rock becuase the dome has rock in it :D

is this because when RasoolAllah (saw) ascended 2 heaven the earth tried 2 cum up with him & he told it 2 stop & wait because its time will come & the earth has stayed der in the air & they built dome of rock mosque on it? is dat true or not :D jazakhallah

afriend
07-15-2006, 05:41 PM
See presentation....Self explanatory

Presentation

Nablus
07-15-2006, 06:03 PM
Allah is stronger than them

ويمكرون ويمكر الله والله خير الماكرين

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-15-2006, 06:04 PM
xactli :) ^

IbnAbdulHakim
07-15-2006, 06:11 PM
no harm will come to al-aqsa inshaAllah and if anything is attempted then the muslims wont just sit bak :blind:

:salamext:

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-15-2006, 06:12 PM
yup innit, so dnt botha duin anythin 2 it.. :D

afriend
07-15-2006, 06:14 PM
The reason why I posted this up is not becuase I want ou to fight them....The reasonS why i posted it up is to:

1.To clearify the difference between the Dome of the Rock (gold dome) and Al Aqsa (Green dome :wub:)

2.To show you the plans of the Jews of Israel

3. To Boost awareness :)

IbnAbdulHakim
07-15-2006, 06:15 PM
jazakAllah khair even tho i was always aware of the israelli's treachory :p

afriend
07-15-2006, 06:25 PM
lol...Let's all sit in a circle and make dua ;D

Ninth_Scribe
07-15-2006, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
lol...Let's all sit in a circle and make dua ;D
No need to make dua or war. Just tell the Jews they can build the 3rd Temple on the day they can PROVE Ezra performed the Hora'as Sha'ah.

Ninth Scribe

IbnAbdulHakim
07-15-2006, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
No need to make dua or war. Just tell the Jews they can build the 3rd Temple on the day they can PROVE Ezra performed the Hora'as Sha'ah.

Ninth Scribe
lol thatss like an unknown language to me.

Would appreciate if someone can explain this to me inshaAllah :)

afriend
07-15-2006, 06:39 PM
Hora'as Sha'ah.
Is this like some sort of ceremony?

Bear in mind Jews say that Ezra is the son of god :uhwhat

Ninth_Scribe
07-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Is this like some sort of ceremony?

Bear in mind Jews say that Ezra is the son of god :uhwhat
It decides whether or not the Temple mount is even fit. According to their records, the Temple mount was permenantly desecrated when Antioch sacrificed a pig on the Temple's Azarah (altar). The damage was irreversable, but some argue that when Ezra returned from Babylon, he performed a ritual called the Hora'as Sha'ah - a very powerful petition to God. If he performed that ritual, what happened after that time, doesn't matter because the ground was permenantly blessed and sealed. The debate itself appears in the record of Temurah 15, and was even debated at Sanhedrin, but it was never proven.

As for the son of God title, any scholar who was married and 40 could access certain teachings and could bear that title. It was not exclusive to any one person.

Ninth Scribe

afriend
07-15-2006, 07:04 PM
damn...how weird.....

Far7an
07-15-2006, 08:13 PM

Threads merged.

Ninth_Scribe
07-15-2006, 08:16 PM
damn...how weird.....
Well, I just thought it would help to understand the issues that are involved in a task like that. They have to be obedient to their own religious laws and, if you don't know what they are, how can you call them on it?

Ninth Scribe

Al-Hanbali
07-19-2006, 03:52 PM
salaam

I was watcing this programme on Islam Channel yesterday it it said that the area of masjid-al-aqsa is 1440 cubic square metres or something along those lines. It also said that the Dome of Rock is not Masjid al-Aqsa but a part of it just like the other building which the presenter called Masjid Qibly.

Here is the link to the website

http://www.ouraqsa.com/english/

Ninth_Scribe
07-19-2006, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Taymullah
salaam

I was watcing this programme on Islam Channel yesterday it it said that the area of masjid-al-aqsa is 1440 cubic square metres or something along those lines. It also said that the Dome of Rock is not Masjid al-Aqsa but a part of it just like the other building which the presenter called Masjid Qibly.

Here is the link to the website

http://www.ouraqsa.com/english/
Thanks for the link ~ this is one subject that I never seem to have enough information on.

Ninth Scribe

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.