/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Unmarried births pass 40% in UK

sonz
02-23-2006, 04:10 PM
More than 40 per cent of children in the UK are now born outside marriage, a new survey shows.

The latest social trends survey from the Office for National Statistics shows a rise in babies born to unmarried mothers from 12 per cent in 1980, to 42 per cent in 2004.

The researchers say the increase is due to a larger number of couples living together without marrying.

The report covers topics as diverse as public health, spending, ethnicity and travel, to show how Britain is changing.

Households are becoming smaller, with more people living on their own, while young people are staying with their parents for longer.
Other findings include the biggest number of rail trips made since 1961 - over one billion in two years - and figures showing an increase in average working hours.

Nearly one in five full-time employees works over 48 hours a week.
The researchers also highlighted increases in obesity and heavy drinking.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
02-23-2006, 04:40 PM
Salaam

May allah protect us from all fitnah.

Sis786
02-23-2006, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

Aameen

anis_z24
02-24-2006, 01:30 AM
Salam
Do you know that when this increases we can expect Goga Magog.
Its from a hadith from Bukhari(I think)..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sis786
02-24-2006, 09:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anis_z24
Salam
Really!

songinwind
02-24-2006, 09:28 AM
This is also happening in the USA...and on the rise...it really saddens me..

Selising
02-24-2006, 09:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anis_z24
Salam
I felt so exhausted every time reading or hearing this kind of thing:offended: , but upon reading your comment brother, I felt released. Thanks. so it is natural.... It has been said in Hadith.

Think back, do they think they are civilised by doing all those thing? Are that actions, manners of civilised people? What is their basic law? What are their values? I think their great grand dress better than them.

Last week I read a comment about Angelina Jolie, an actress. Somebody was commented she wear waist high pants, it says "it is outdated". Means up-to date is pants that shows someone's belly. Are they sick?:uhwhat

j4763
02-24-2006, 01:45 PM
Yes it’s a shame Britain has gone down hill ever since we helped win WW2.
Wonder what happened after WW2 that made this great country go down hill?
:?

MetSudaisTwice
02-24-2006, 01:49 PM
salam
do provide the hadith bro anis so others can benefit inshallah
wasalam

Nicola
02-24-2006, 02:11 PM
The reason for this attitude is simple.

The west in general have turned their back on God.

j4763
02-24-2006, 03:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nicola
The reason for this attitude is simple.

The west in general have turned their back on God.

Yes it does seem that way, when back in the good old days of Britain (pre and during ww2) the Christian church’s were full, but now…

j4763
02-24-2006, 03:42 PM
Or the multi cultural society could be part of the reason?

I'm sure in country's where their is very little multi culture there crime figures are a lot lower, there are less unmarried births... etc

S_87
02-24-2006, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by j4763

why would this play a part in a persons modesty?

i second what nicola has said.
people are not God fearing and society has accepted it

Muezzin
02-24-2006, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by j4763

I'm sure in country's where their is very little multi culture there crime figures are a lot lower, there are less unmarried births... etc
If what you mean there are more unmarried births simply because there are more people, I see what you mean.

If you are going down the Griffin route of 'multicularism is so bad zomg!!!!!11', then I disagree.

Lush
02-24-2006, 11:03 PM
A lot of people don't believe in marriage anymore. And some have good reason not to. :(

Muezzin
02-24-2006, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lush
A lot of people don't believe in marriage anymore. And some have good reason not to. :(
Fair enough.

My view is, once there's kids on the scene, they need a mother and a father, otherwise there's a greater chance they'll end up a screwup. Not saying they will end up screwups, but there's a greater chance.

Lush
02-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Well, you also have to look at the economics of this problem. If the kid is living in a single-parent household which also happens to be poor, he/she has a much greater chance of becoming a criminal. However, if you are living with a rich single parent, your chances are lower... Something to ponder for us all, perhaps.

j4763
02-28-2006, 01:30 PM
[QUOTE=Muezzin;193874]If what you mean there are more unmarried births simply because there are more people, I see what you mean.
QUOTE]

Well yes Britain’s population has grown and grown since the end of ww2 with all the immigrants so it’s pretty obvious that they will be more unmarried parents. Plus the fact that this country seems less and less a Christian country.
Now as my understanding of Christianity it is wrong to give birth to a “barstead”, so the less Christians the less people following that view the more births to single/unmarried people you will get!

nurul3eyn
03-05-2006, 08:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.