/* */

PDA

View Full Version : my story from while back

bezimany 071
02-25-2006, 09:54 PM
ok here is a story that happened about almost 2 yrs ago at my campus at Univeristy of Pittsburgh. While i was wakling out of the library thre guys were standing outside holdin on to their bibles and just buoncing from one student to another like a ball in a pinball machine. My car was parked at the meter right behind them so there was no way i was going to avoid them. I tried tho.
As i approached them one of them asked me have i been saved. It took me off guard because the first thing i thought of was a life saver (the candy) cause it was ramadan and i havent eaten anything....so i was like huh, what?

him: "have you been saved?
me: "saved from what?"
him: "i was born again and now i am showing people the way they can be saved as well.".....
me: " ooooo saved....yeah, i was born and rasied as muslim, so i was blessed to be on a right path, but thanks for asking, how about you, have you been saved?

now he looked at me confused, because i shot the same question back at him. he said you know thats funny i talked to another muslim lady earlier and another muslim guy a day ago and they both werent interested in being saved at all, could you tell me why you dont believe in jesus?

me: "we do believe in jesus."
him: "but why do you pray to Allah"
I look at my watch and realise that this is gonna go on for a while so i try to break it off.....which obviously doesnt work out
me: "because Allah is One and Only God....you know in arabic word Allah means God, and its only associated with God, so when you say Allah one knows exactly who theyre speaking about, where in english there is God of Sun, God of Mars, there are tons of Greek Gods, but none are real.
him: "but Jesus is God."
me: "no he is a prophet."
him: "no he is a son of God."
him: "he is a wholy ghost."
me: "dude you cant even make up your mind, im telling you he is a prophet and we love him, ever tru muslim does.

now the other cat sees his pal getting frustrated and joins in

other cat: "yeah well bible doesnt say anything about blowing up buildings in the name of God."
me: "neither does Qur'an, matter of fact Qur'an forbids the killing of innocent by any means"
other cat: "what about Osama?"
the first cat: "yeah what about Osama?"
me: "what about him? I dont know that dude?"
other cat: "well he blew up the trade center and said it was in the Qur'an."
me: "what about Timothy McVeigh ( i think i misspeled his name) the dude who believed Jesus was God, he blew up the Oklahoma building to chunks, plus have you ever read the Qur'an?"
other cat: "no"
first cat: "no"
me: "than why are we having this conversation?"

ok, just as i was about to turn away this third cat comes up.....now there is a crowd of people watchin me like i was in a cypher freestyle battling these cats....he goas

3d cat: "look man i just want to show you what it says in the bible, but before i do i just want to tell you that i love you and i want you to be saved."
Wallahi, that was almost word for word what he said to me, i had to take 2 steps back to give myself safe one arm distance away just in case he goeas for a "reach around".....

me: "dude you dont even know me, how can you love me?"
3d cat: "cause Jesus loved everyone and he died for our sins to show us how much he loved us."
me: "so if he is the God, and he died for my sins, i can go rob a bank and kill some people and i still get to go to heaven?"
3d cat: "no you cant thats a sin."
me: "but you said that jesus died for my sin, why did he die for my sin, if.....you know what never mind that, let me ask you this, when he was on the cross why did he say "God why have you forsaken me?" If he is the God, why is he talking to other God?....that means there are more than one Gods...and why would God let a man a creature He created punish Him, I mean its sacreligious to even think of being on same level or pedastool as God in the first place or let alone to be whiping him and nailing him to the cross, do you even realise what youre saying?....look let me break this to you barney style
all three cats go: "ok"
im like have you seen star wars the trilogy or lord of the rings trilogy?
all thre cats: "yes"
me: "ok, so if i have seen all three movies and you guys have only seen first two, how can we discuss the whole story if you havent seen the last movie?"
they agree with me that they cant, so i go
ok, well you got Torah, and the Bible.......now all you have to do is open up the Qur'an and once you read it in about month and a half or two, meet me back here and we can continue, have a nice day."

that was it......i wonder if you see a muslim out there with the Qur'an on the street aproaching people they would probably have him arrested on terrorist charges.....

Peace to all
Bez

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
02-25-2006, 10:03 PM
Interesting... Thanks for sharing it with us :)...so have they come back to you?

nihma333
02-25-2006, 10:09 PM
WOOOW!!

that was a good story. May Allah reward you for your dawah.

peace,
Naimah

bezimany 071
02-25-2006, 10:11 PM
no.....i seen them around and one of them remembered me and asked me to come over, so i asked him if he read the Qur'an, and he said he didnt have to.....i didnt even bother replying back, i just walked away......

you now its so true.....Allah will open hearts to those he wants to and close the hearts of those he want to......its amazing, no matter what you throw at them, they will ignore it.....Elhamdulillah im blessed he opened my heart liek that
salaam and thanx for reading brother

thanx to you too queen nihma
bez

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nihma333
02-25-2006, 10:13 PM
hmm... sounds a lil familiar. HAHA

Peace,
Naimah

khadijah06
02-25-2006, 10:25 PM
Yep it kinda sounds like my parents.....I luv em' but only Allah can guide them.

Umm Yoosuf
02-25-2006, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bezimany 071
no.....i seen them around and one of them remembered me and asked me to come over, so i asked him if he read the Qur'an, and he said he didnt have to.....i didnt even bother replying back, i just walked away......

you now its so true.....Allah will open hearts to those he wants to and close the hearts of those he want to......its amazing, no matter what you throw at them, they will ignore it.....Elhamdulillah im blessed he opened my heart liek that
salaam and thanx for reading brother

thanx to you too queen nihma
bez
Who me? :X :rollseyes

Invite them to this site :)

nihma333
02-25-2006, 10:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khadijah06
Yep it kinda sounds like my parents.....I luv em' but only Allah can guide them.
That sounds ooh soo familiar. My mom i not Muslim and most of my family isn't either. But my dad is Muslim and we were all raised Muslim, that was also the wish of my mother, Alhamdulilah.

peace,
Naimah

Protected_Diamond
02-25-2006, 10:47 PM
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

Wow!! Deep story masha Allah!!!!! :) :happy:

May Allah s.w.a keep us on the right path insha Allah and Ameen!

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

Malsidabym
02-25-2006, 10:55 PM
A couple of real nut jobs. Even most christians don't believe in this kind of behavior. A few churches may encourage this kind of 'in your face' approach, but for the most part most christians roll thier eyes and groan under thier breath, "oh no, be quiet you fools". Frankly, it is embarassing. That does not draw people into the faith, it pushes them away from all religion. I would hope this experience would not have led you to believe that all christians are like this. From my own experience just in this forum I have found many different muslims with many different views, some very pleasant, and some not so much.
so if he is the God, and he died for my sins, i can go rob a bank and kill some people and i still get to go to heaven?"
This is a misconception that has been put out there by a few that is blatently wrong. Just having a believe in Jesus and knowing that he died for your sins does not give a person a free pass to sin. Some christians seem to repeat this silly notion, but I assure you it is wrong. The responsibility is still on each individual to avoid sin. We must still repent when we make mistakes, and it is not a free pass to continue making the same mistakes and repenting.
My limited understanding about the whole thing is that before Christ, the people would sacrifice an animal to repent for thier sin, "the sacrificial lamb", and Christ's crucifixion made that unnecessary. He was the lamb. The way it was explained to me was that when you repent, God says, "you are forgiven, I have paid the price for you in humility ( becoming man and suffering like man)". If you keep repeating it though, you are not really sorry. I have heard it asked,"how can God in all his greatness, become a man?" Well, he is God, he can do anything.
Please understand that I am by no means an expert on christianity, I am only offering my limited view.

Allah will open hearts to those he wants to and close the hearts of those he want to......its amazing, no matter what you throw at them, they will ignore it.....
very true, being of a closed mind does not help anyone. Peace to you.

bezimany 071
02-25-2006, 11:38 PM
[QUOTE=Malsidabym;194554]
The way it was explained to me was that when you repent, God says, "you are forgiven, I have paid the price for you in humility ( becoming man and suffering like man)". I have heard it asked,"how can God in all his greatness, become a man?" Well, he is God, he can do anything.
Please understand that I am by no means an expert on christianity, I am only offering my limited view. [QUOTE=Malsidabym;194554]

im sayin, Allah has already given us more than enough of proof for us to believe i Him and pray to Him, God is too Great to stoop down to human level and suffer for us just to show us that he understand us or cares for us.....that is all clear already, not just in Qur'an, but in nature....look at all the fruit and vegetebles we can enjoy, diferent climate and all types of waters, oceans, seas, ponds, lakes, rivers and we have use of all of it, matter of fact we depend on these things that He creted for us.....if He became human, only to suffer like a man, (and yes God can do anything he wants)...thats like Gepetto suffering for the size of Pinoccio's nose....Jesus is in Qur'an, too here are some verses for ya'll to enjoy

[al-Baqarah 2:87.24] And verily We gave unto Moses the Scripture and We caused a train of messengers to follow after him, and We gave unto Jesus, son of Mary, clear proofs (of Allah's sovereignty), and We supported him with the Holy spirit. Is it ever so, that, when there cometh unto you a messenger (from Allah) with that which ye yourselves desire not, ye grow arrogant, and some ye disbelieve and some ye slay ?

[al-Baqarah 2:136.36] Say (O Muslims): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes, and that which Moses and Jesus received, and that which the prophets received from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered.
[al-Baqarah 2:253.36] Of those messengers, some of whom We have caused to excel others, and of whom there are some unto whom Allah spake, while some of them He exalted (above others) in degree; and We gave Jesus, son of Mary, clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty) and We supported him with the holy Spirit. And if Allah had so willed it, those who followed after them would not have fought one with another after the clear proofs had come unto them. But they differed, some of them believing and some disbelieving. And if Allah had so willed it, they would not have fought one with another; but Allah doeth what He will.

[Al-Imran 3:45.25] Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! God giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to God;

[Al-Imran 3:52.3] But when Jesus became conscious of their disbelief, he cried: Who will be my helpers in the cause of Allah ? The disciples said: We will be Allah's helpers. We believe in Allah, and bear thou witness that we have surrendered (unto Him).

[Al-Imran 3:55.7] (And remember) when Allah said: O Jesus! Lo! I am gathering thee and causing thee to ascend unto Me, and am cleansing thee of those who disbelieve and am setting those who follow thee above those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then unto Me ye will (all) return, and I shall judge between you as to that wherein ye used to differ.

[Al-Imran 3:59.5] Lo! the likeness of Jesus with Allah is as the likeness of Adam. He created him of dust, then He said unto him: Be! and he is.

[an-Nisa' 4:157.10] And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger - they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain.

[an-Nisa' 4:171.22] O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning Allah save the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His Word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers, and say not "Three" - Cease! (it is) better for you! - Allah is only One God. Far is it removed from His Transcendent Majesty that He should have a son. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is sufficient as Defender.

[al-Ma'idah 5:46.4] And We caused Jesus, son of Mary, to follow in their (previous prophets) footsteps, confirming that which was (revealed) before him in the Torah, and We bestowed on him the Gospel wherein is guidance and a light, confirming that which was (revealed) before it in the Torah - a guidance and an admonition unto those who ward off (evil).

[al-Ma'idah 5:110.5- 5:111] When Allah saith: O Jesus, son of Mary! Remember My favour unto thee and unto thy mother; how I strengthened thee with the holy Spirit, so that thou spakest unto mankind in the cradle as in maturity; and how I taught thee the Scripture and Wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel; and how thou didst shape of clay as it were the likeness of a bird by My permission, and didst blow upon it and it was a bird by My permission, and thou didst heal him who was born blind and the leper by My permission; and how thou didst raise the dead by My permission; and how I restrained the Children of Israel from (harming) thee when thou camest unto them with clear proofs, and those of them who disbelieved exclaimed: This is naught else than mere magic; And when I revealed to the disciples, saying, Believe in Me and My apostle, they said: We believe and bear witness that we submit (ourselves).

[al-Ma'idah 5:116.6] And when Allah saith: O Jesus, son of Mary! Didst thou say unto mankind: Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah ? he saith: Be glorified! It was not mine to utter that to which I had no right. If I used to say it, then Thou knewest it. Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I know not what is in Thy Mind. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Knower of Things Hidden ?

[ash-Shura 42:13.31] He hath ordained for you that religion which He commended unto Noah, and that which We inspire in thee (Muhammad), and that which We commended unto Abraham and Moses and Jesus, saying: Establish the religion, and be not divided therein. Dreadful for the idolaters is that unto which thou callest them. Allah chooseth for Himself whom He will, and guideth unto Himself him who turneth (toward Him).

[az-Zukhruf 43:63.2] When Jesus came with clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty), he said: I have come unto you with wisdom, and to make plain some of that concerning which ye differ. So keep your duty to Allah, and obey me.

[al-Hadid 57:27.14] Then We caused Our messengers to follow in their footsteps; and We caused Jesus, son of Mary, to follow, and gave him the Gospel, and placed compassion and mercy in the hearts of those who followed him. But monasticism they invented - We ordained it not for them - only seeking Allah's pleasure, and they observed it not with right observance. So We give those of them who believe their reward, but many of them are evil-livers.

[as-Saff 61:6.3] And when Jesus son of Mary said: O Children of Israel! Lo! I am the messenger of Allah unto you, confirming that which was (revealed) before me in the Torah, and bringing good tidings of a messenger who cometh after me, whose name is the Praised One. Yet when he hath come unto them with clear proofs, they say: This is mere magic.

[al-Ma'idah 5:17.12] They indeed have disbelieved who say: Lo! Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary. Say: Who then can do aught against Allah, if He had willed to destroy the Messiah son of Mary, and his mother and everyone on earth ? Allah's is the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them. He createth what He will. And Allah is Able to do all things.

[al-Ma'idah 5:72.11] They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary. The Messiah (himself) said: O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Lo! whoso ascribeth partners unto Allah, for him Allah hath forbidden paradise. His abode is the Fire. For evil-doers there will be no helpers.

[al-Ma'idah 5:75.3] The Messiah, son of Mary, was no other than a messenger, messengers (the like of whom) had passed away before him. And his mother was a saintly woman. And they both used to eat (earthly) food. See how We make the revelations clear for them, and see how they are turned away!

[at-Taubah 9:31.16] They have taken as lords beside Allah their rabbis and their monks and the Messiah son of Mary, when they were bidden to worship only One God. There is no God save Him. Be He Glorified from all that they ascribe as partner (unto Him)!

[al-Mu'minun 23:50.5] And We made the son of Mary and his mother a sign, and We gave them refuge on a height, a place of flocks and watersprings.

[as-Saff 61:14.11] O ye who believe! Be Allah's helpers, even as Jesus son of Mary said unto the disciples: Who are my helpers for Allah ? They said: We are Allah's helpers. And a party of the Children of Israel believed, while a party disbelieved. Then We strengthened those who believed against their foe, and they became the uppermost.

[an-Nisa' 4:159] There is not one of the People of the Scripture but will believe in him [jesus] before his death, and on the Day of Resurrection he will be a witness against them.

bezimany 071
02-25-2006, 11:42 PM
here is another good link with much more info if anyone wants to peep it

http://www.al-sunnah.com/jesus.htm

nihma333
02-26-2006, 01:40 AM
ooh snap Bez, you really weren't playing!
Dang, talk about educating. What you posted was no joke. I don't understand how people can deny the reality and truth of Al-Islam.... "And which of you Lord's favors can you deny?!"~ Surah Ar-Rahman

peace,
Naimah

Laaibah
02-26-2006, 01:53 AM
Wow.....thx for sharing with us

that made me think what if someone says the same thing to me....what will i say....gotta think hard ;D

Peace,

:rose:

Mohsin
02-28-2006, 11:20 PM
Lol this article made me laugh in some places man, you're good at telling stories and jokes!
format_quote Originally Posted by bezimany 071
him: "but Jesus is God."
him: "no he is a son of God."
him: "he is a wholy ghost."
me: "dude you cant even make up your mind
3d cat: "look man i just want to show you what it says in the bible, but before i do i just want to tell you that i love you and i want you to be saved."
Wallahi, that was almost word for word what he said to me, i had to take 2 steps back to give myself safe one arm distance away just in case he goeas for a "reach around".....
i found those 2 the funniest, was lmao!

Btw good arguing bro, mashallah you did well. Do du'a for them inshallah akhi, you know how the saying goes, "Da'wah by Day, Du'a by Night"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.