/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help me please..

MuslimGirl
04-15-2005, 03:28 PM
:sl:

wow Mashallah this is a great site, first time im posting..

Ive now reached a stage where I think I shoud get married...

I particularly interested in marrying a hafiz but my problem is how do i find one?

we dont have any links in the family

I want to ensure i take a halal way....

ive thought about matrimonial websites buts im not sure, im not very fond of the idea and would a hafiz really advertise himself on a website? i dnt think so.

so what can i do?

Im 22, do u think im too old to find a hafiz now? i was told they marry quite young.

all im after is deen...good character and personality etc..im caste looks etc as secondary factors.

do masjids in the UK have lists of single people?

could someone please enlighten me..as im sure muslim brothers may have more of an idea..

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Brother_Mujahid
04-15-2005, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimGirl

wow Mashallah this is a great site, first time im posting..

Ive now reached a stage where I think I shoud get married...

I particularly interested in marrying a hafiz but my problem is how do i find one?

we dont have any links in the family

I want to ensure i take a halal way....

ive thought about matrimonial websites buts im not sure, im not very fond of the idea and would a hafiz really advertise himself on a website? i dnt think so.

so what can i do?

Im 22, do u think im too old to find a hafiz now? i was told they marry quite young.

all im after is deen...good character and personality etc..im caste looks etc as secondary factors.

could someone please enlighten me..as im sure muslim brothers may have more of an idea..

i'd advise you to go through this http://www.jimas.org/morndew.htm and state your hunting down a hafiz.

May Allah make it easy for you, to find a practisin muslim inshallah

ameen

wasalam :shade:

btw it doesnt quite work like a matrimonial site....... check it out for yourself

Uma Rayanah
04-15-2005, 05:57 PM
well sis, in Birmingham last year dat wha some of my sisz and broz did and they did indeed got married.

they wrote their list of wha they think of da Ideal husband/wife.. as u said in a Halaal way..

i'm not sure if dat still goin on in here i mean B'ham,, but i'm sure i'll fine out 4 u sis inshallah.

Inshallah Khair.

MuslimGirl
04-15-2005, 10:25 PM
Aslaam o Alaikum

Jazak ALLAH for your replies..

so brother, the site that u recommended, do u know anyone who is registered to it? sorry but is it a trustworthy site? from what i read it sound very good.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Far7an
04-15-2005, 10:30 PM
Aslaam o Alaikum

Jazak ALLAH for your replies..

so brother, the site that u recommended, do u know anyone who is registered to it? sorry but is it a trustworthy site? from what i read it sound very good.
That site which he provided you is trustworth, I am familiar with the organisation and know of some of the individuals personally. :)

MuslimGirl
04-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Aslaam O Alaikum..

really?

anyone registered on that site?

also...i never knew about that site before until it was metioned here...so how many people actually know that site?

maybe they should do some advertising.....as i personally feel not many people are registered on that site...

so how did u guys know abt the site?

sorry abt the weird q's. :)

S_87
04-16-2005, 10:15 PM

dont know about the site but inshaAllah you wil lfind your suitable husband :thumbs_up

Khaldun
04-16-2005, 10:39 PM

InshAllah aim for an Alim and if cant get that, inshAllah the next best thing is a hafid :) hehe

Mou'minah
04-16-2005, 10:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

dont know about the site but inshaAllah you wil lfind your suitable husband :thumbs_up
:thumbs_up

*ProudMuslimah*
04-17-2005, 12:41 AM
:sl: dear sister

Well, I don't know any sites that do match making which are trustworthy but give the site you were given or the masjids near you a try and Insh'Allah the most important thing, PUT YOUR TRUST IN ALLAH (SWT). Pray to Allah (SWT) and ask Him to bless you with a righteous husband.

Wish you all the best sister :)

Z
04-17-2005, 12:57 AM
Asalamu Alaikum

If you have any brothers which I would say are older than you or if younger but they're mature, ask them to pass word on, on to the local imam. If you don't have any brothers, why don't you go along yourself to the imams house (find out where he lives first), and have a chat with his wife and get her to pass the word on.

This would be a good way because first, the iman has a really good idea of who is what in the community and secondly, the iman will also know what kind of person is like what. It's normal for an imam to know each of his regulars and what character they have. You will also get blessings and duas from the iman too which is a big plus.

I think that would be a good idea.

Insha Allah I hope Allah gives you this hafiz that you so want and just remember, if the desire is sincere, the desire will be fulfilled and I assure you, my Lord will never let you down unless He sees bad fortune in what lies ahead since He is the all-Knowing.

May Allah make this quest easy for you sister, and I wish you all the best.

MuslimGirl
04-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Aslaam OAlaikum all

:) Jazak ALLAH all for your replies....especially your duas

i felt a bit embarrased readin my post n sum replies ...coz i dont wana sound desperate but at the end of the day it is compulsory for a girl to get married, isnt it? and it is better to get good advice and act upon that in order to go the halal way.. :)

yeah mashallah some very good advice..

the thing is...i live in an area where there is no masjid..the nearest one is about 40minutes away...

i would love to link up with an imam's wife etc...but i cant see that happening, i dont know any...

yeah true...an imam would know more people and more about the persons character etc...

the thing is..presently i cannot get family involved, as i am more religious in my family and they dont see the importance of marriage yet..(ops dont get me wrong abt my family) but i read somewhere..3 things shud not be delayed...the burial of a dead person, a girls marriage-wen she reaches the good age and (ops something else, i 4got)

hmm

I know..the most important thing is to trust Allah tala and make dua...read salat-ul-hajat etc..

thanks everyone for your replies..

if anyone wants to add anything else...please do so :)

anyone else in this situation? :)

niqaabii
04-17-2005, 08:27 PM
ohh wow
interesting thread
i neva knew bout the website
y dnt we all register ourselves ova there!!!!!!
lolz

Khaldun
04-17-2005, 08:35 PM

I think the issue you raised is very important, as here on this site we are mostly youth and we are all facing similar problems (well sort of)....hmmm do you know any huffads at all dear sister?

niqaabii
04-17-2005, 09:05 PM
what does huffads mean?

Z
04-17-2005, 09:15 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

You might know it as a hafiz. People from different cultures say it in different ways. Another blessing of Allah - he made us all different, yet one!

Bro Khaldun, do huffaz really get married young? ;)

niqaabii
04-17-2005, 09:18 PM
oh hafiz
oh yh yh yh..i neva knew it in other words
lol

niqaabii
04-17-2005, 09:19 PM
they dnt all get married young
i think it just depends on the individual
i kno som guys who married at young age and i kno som otha guys who r old and single.....old as in in their twenties not ther fifties or sixties
lolz

MuslimGirl
04-18-2005, 08:04 PM
Aslaam O Alaikum..

hehe

yeah i didnt knw..huffads is another name 4 hafiz..

Far7an
04-18-2005, 09:04 PM
Aslaam O Alaikum..

hehe

yeah i didnt knw..huffads is another name 4 hafiz..
hafidh is the correct spelling

People who speak urdu pronounce it as hafiz :)

Z
04-18-2005, 09:14 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

There's really no correct spelling of it in English. Come on guys, stop being silly.

Far7an
04-18-2005, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kerned Indian
Asalamu Alaikum

There's really no correct spelling of it in English. Come on guys, stop being silly.
Dude, In araby....Its hafidh...not hafiz...no sillyness

Z
04-18-2005, 09:18 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

lolz

Ok, sorry brother.

Far7an
04-18-2005, 09:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kerned Indian
Ok, sorry brother.
Wa 'alaikumusalaam

No need to apologise :)

Z
04-18-2005, 09:22 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

I wasn't, just felt a little pity. Ok, that's enough now.

Sister, any chance of an update on how the quest is going?

Sahabiyaat
04-19-2005, 07:40 AM
hey, why are our hafiz brothers on this site so quite all of a sudden ;)

Z
04-19-2005, 09:30 AM
Asalamu Alaikum

Are there any?

Khaldun
04-19-2005, 10:51 AM

its loaded alhamdulilah but most of them decide to stay in the shadows, innit brother Kerned Indian

Z
04-19-2005, 11:02 AM
Asalamu Alaikum

Innit! ;)

Z
04-19-2005, 11:07 AM
Asalamu Alaikum?

Huh? Who? What, why, where?

makda_uk
04-19-2005, 11:20 AM
u no wot il do is dat il ask dad if he can ask any molsab in the local mosqu if he nows if any 1 is willing to get married giv da molsab ur details. then take it from there

shamsudin
04-19-2005, 05:21 PM
as salam alkume wr wb brother and sisters islam.

well hafid quran al karim. it's hard to say that most of the people that hafid quran are mostley the in the age of twentie's the majority's that's correct i mean where i am from it's somalia it's funny that if you dont have hafid quran in somali with the age of 12 there gonna think that your special ad's. i know alot of people who hafid quran but there in the path of shaytun. i only know few who hafid but there young like from the 14 to 20 as i said hopefully my advice to you is look for some who is hafid and act's up on the quran.

Green Bird
04-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Good point!

MuslimGirl
04-19-2005, 09:09 PM

ops...quest :-[ :-[

hehe....erm wuteva ALLAH swt decides.... its best for us muslims to have 100% trust in ALLAH swt and sabr...

yeah, i jus 4ght they r called..hafiz-ul-quran... but i personally think its a great achivement to be a hafiz-Amazing..

Khaldun
04-20-2005, 11:23 AM

lol sorry sister i cant help laughing, when u said
yeah, i jus 4ght they r called..hafiz-ul-quran...
it just makes it seem as if they are items you put in your bag when shopping, sorry hehe

shamsudin
04-21-2005, 06:31 AM
salam alkume wr wb

finding hafid brothers or sisters it's not so easy it's jungle out alot do hafid but only some act up on the words of allah swt.

MuslimGirl
04-21-2005, 01:24 PM
Aslaam O Alaikum..

hpe every1 in in good healthn iman..

hmm hehe@brother khaldun...ops...i didnt mean it to sound like that :)

yeah thats true....have to b careful..as many ppl are hafiz's but its all about if they act upon it...

May Allah swt guide us all on the straight path. Ameen

w/salaamz

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!