/* */

PDA

View Full Version : sad muslima

julie sarri
02-27-2006, 03:58 PM
:sl: just wanted to know i have tryed realy hard in my area in north london to make muslima friends i'm a english revert i smile at all the muslimas in the street most of them dont always smile back i just dont have eney sisters as friends i wear hijaab and pray 5 times a day is it becouse i'm a white muslima i just dont know what i'm doing wrong:'( :w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Isaac
02-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Salam sister. I honestly cant see why people are blanking you. Correct me if im wrong, but it is near enough obligatory for someony to reply back to an offering of salam. Did you have any contact with muslimas before you came to Islam? And secondly if you ever go to any islamic lectures, try and speak to some muslimas there and slowl build up a relationship. InshAllah it will be made easy for. Salam.

khadijah06
02-27-2006, 04:05 PM
:sl:

Aww sis, i totally understand how you feel. When i first became muslim i felt exactlly how you felt. When i smiled at sisters they would never smile back etc. Do you go to the masjid? When i used to go to the masjid nobody would speak to me untill i just forced my self to talk, and it turned out that they were as shy as i was. Do you have any muslim friends that you could talk to?

MetSudaisTwice
02-27-2006, 04:05 PM
salam
innallah ma as sabireen
sis have patience and allah will surely will reward you inshallah
wasalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Isaac
02-27-2006, 04:07 PM
Sorry i might have misread your post. I thought you said you gave them sala. But regardless if one has any kind of love for the sake of islam [muslimah] they would most likely smile back. And i dont think its co your white. I find that white muslims/reverts get more attention and smiles/salam ect than other muslims. so no i dont think its cos of your colour.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
02-27-2006, 04:13 PM
Im sure there must be loads of Muslimah on this site who would love to be your friend/sister.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-27-2006, 04:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
Im sure there must be loads of Muslimah on this site who would love to be your friend/sister.
but its nice to hav some who you can talk to and share company with as neighbours if you know what i mean

anyway sister as said before innallaha maa asabireen!! (Allah is with those who are patient). I hope you have a million sisters in jannah :)

Brother_Mujahid
02-27-2006, 11:18 PM
go get invovled in any sister talks or activities in your local masjid, also try attending jumuah in a place which accommodates for sisters. inshallah and hopefully im sure the sisters you meet will accept you with open arms.

wa'alykumasalam

Umm Yoosuf
02-27-2006, 11:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by julie sarri
:sl: just wanted to know i have tryed realy hard in my area in north london to make muslima friends i'm a english revert i smile at all the muslimas in the street most of them dont always smile back i just dont have eney sisters as friends i wear hijaab and pray 5 times a day is it becouse i'm a white muslima i just dont know what i'm doing wrong:'( :w:

awwww not to worry sister...:)

North London???....hmmmmm

I'll help you out...

Open up your private message sis....I've sent you a PM :)

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
02-27-2006, 11:35 PM
^^ I knew there would be some sisters to help her out ;)

Umm Yoosuf
02-27-2006, 11:39 PM
^^^

Alhamdulilaah for our sisterhood!

By the way Julie...starting psoting away so you can get acess to the sister's section Insha Allah :D

swanlake
02-27-2006, 11:42 PM

Sister i feel for you. I also live in North London. I will pm you now inshallah. You dont have to be sad when you have thousand and thousands of loving sisters.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
02-27-2006, 11:47 PM
LOL alhumulillah :) sister brigade to the rescue :giggling:

Umm Yoosuf
02-27-2006, 11:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by swanlake

Sister i feel for you. I also in North London. I will pm you now inshallah. You dont have to be sad when you have thousand and thousands of loving sisters.
Really:X :X :X

swanlake
02-27-2006, 11:55 PM

lol..I am dyslexic i think. I meant..I also live in North London.

Sister Julia..I pmed you and inshallah..you wont be sad any longer Inshallah. I love reading too and i mus have thousand Islamic books to lend it to you. It will be a pleasure dear sis.

Umm Yoosuf
02-28-2006, 12:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by swanlake

lol..I am dyslexic i think. I meant..I also live in North London.

Sister Julia..I pmed you and inshallah..you wont be sad any longer Inshallah. I love reading too and i mus have thousand Islamic books to lend it to you. It will be a pleasure dear sis.

hahaha i wasn't talking about the way you wrote sisters! I didn't know you live in North London:X

Talking of books.....They are the best of friends you can have:)

handhuvar
02-28-2006, 09:11 AM

have patience and it wil b alright

Pinkie
03-01-2006, 03:43 AM
Asalamu Alaikum sister:

I know in the beginning it's difficult. Just realize something. Those Muslimas you speak of did not smile back at you but Allah Ta'ala is pleased with you and your intentions. Sister, do not feel sad. Those who make you feel isolated do not realize that Muslims come in every color under the sun, speaking different languages and from all the corners of the world. We have a very diverse Ummah, Alhamdulillah. For those who may not realize it, just make du'a that Allah Ta'ala will open their hearts, Inshallah.

I'm all the way in New York but yes, the Sister Brigade is to the rescue :muslimah:

Issa
03-01-2006, 06:12 AM
As-salamu Alaykum,

Sis, I am sorry to hear that you are having a hard time!! When first converted I would sometimes get the same thing but I knew why I was having trouble ( you see, I don't cover and I think the sisters weren't sure what to make of me...like maybe I was kufar just making fun, ya know?). You said that you cover so I really don't know why this is happening unless our sisters are very shy...Sometimes its hard to make friends with strangers on the street so try making friends at the masjid, but don't stop greeting those you see out in public.
And I just want you to know that you have a friend right here (ME!!:sister: ).....

shanu
03-01-2006, 08:25 AM
i'll be your friend sista :D
dont worry, as time goes by u'll get more n more friends
4 now, pick me as ur friend :)

Hannah
03-01-2006, 06:23 PM
AOA

Sister don't fall for the shayateen tricks. Don't take heed of his whispers, his mission is to distract you from the sirataal mustaqeem. If it's getting you down so much why not become a member of club in your regional area.

I'm sure your more than likely to make new friends there! And no, your hijab isnt the issue. I have lots of non muslim friends, who have no qualms about my headscarf.

Keep it up

;)

DaSangarTalib
03-01-2006, 06:27 PM
you can be my friend if you want :) :)

Kittygyal
03-01-2006, 06:37 PM
u can be ma friend i don't mind if u wana ...

i'll always be dere 4 u when u need me

take care

maryam (",)
03-03-2006, 07:39 AM
[QUOTE=Isaac;195649] Correct me if im wrong, but it is near enough obligatory for someony to reply back to an offering of salam.

u perfectly correct
replying to a greeting is 1 of the 5 rights of one muslim over another muslim

julie...welcome to islam :)
u'll find that problem anywhere u go...some ppl will smile and greet back, others will just look at u and wonder if u've totally lost ur marbles to be greeting total strangers...but if it makes u feel any better...here's a :sister: and an :sl: from me in south africa

and it looks like the sisterhood in ur area are coming 2 d rescue as well ;)

Rabi'ya
03-06-2006, 03:06 PM
:sl: sister

i just read you thread - but i know exactly where your coming from - i have had EXACTLY the same issues as you - being a white revert.

Just take your time. take it easy and slowly you will make friends. I am not in london but i do know some sisters in london i can put you in touch with inshALlah. Im n bristol and go to london quite a lot so if u ever want a friendly face jsut drop me a pm or add me to your msn list.

it will take time to build friends with muslimahs but inshALlah it willhappen soon for you

Have faith!!!

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

alitheislamian
03-09-2006, 07:10 AM
U Have Allah as ur friend ur'nt alone. Here is a story of a sister who lost her husband, family, children, job and friends. But as she was saabir (a person who has patience), All her family members reverted to Islam and now she has many fiends and lovers cuz Allah is her friend.
In the Quraan Allah says. Indeed Allah is with Al-Sabereen(People who have patience)

Published by Islamic Research and Information Foundation. © Aminah Assilmi
The Introduction and Decision
I was completing a degree in Recreation, when I met my first Muslims. It was the first year that we had been able to pre-register by computer. I preregistered and went to Oklahoma to take care of some family business. The business took longer than expected, so I returned to school two weeks into the semester (too late to drop a course).
I wasn't worried about catching up my missed work. I was sitting at the top of my class, in my field. Even as a student, I was winning awards, in competition with professionals.
Now, you need to understand that while I was attending college and excelling, ran my own business, and had many close friends, I was extremely shy. My transcripts actually had me listed as severely reticent. I was very slow to get to know people and rarely spoke to anyone unless was forced to, or already knew them. The classes I was taking has to do administration and city planning, plus programming for children. Children were the only people I ever felt comfortable with.
Well, back to the story. The computer printout held one enormous surprise for me. I was registered for a Theatre class...a class were I would be required to perform in front of real live people. I was horrified! I could not even ask a question in class, how was I going to get on a stage in front of people? My husband was his usual very calm and sensible self. He suggested that I talk to the teacher, explain the problem, and arrange to paint scenery or sew costumes. The teacher agreed to try and find a way to help me out. So I went to class the following Tuesday.
When I entered the classroom, I received my second shock. The class was full of 'Arabs' and 'camel jockeys'. Well, I had never seen one but I had heard of them.
There was no way I was going to sit in a room full of dirty heathens! After all, you could catch some dreadful disease from those people. Everyone knew they were dirty, not to be trusted either. I shut the door and went home. (Now, there is one little thing you should know. I had on a pair of leather hot pants, a halter top, and a glass of wine in my hands...but they were the bad ones in my mind.)
When I told my husband about the Arabs in the class and that there was no way i was going back, he responded in his usual calm way. He reminded that I was always claiming that God had a reason for everything and maybe I should spend some time thinking about it before I made my final decision. He also reminded me that I had a scholars award that was paying my tuition and if I wanted to keep it, I would have to maintain my G.P.A.. Three credit hours or 'F' would have destroyed my chances.
For the next two days, I prayed for guidance. On Thursday I went back to the class convinced that God had put me there to save those poor ignorant heathens from the fires of hell.
I proceeded to explain to them how they would burn in the fires of hell for all eternity, if they did not accept Jesus as their personal savior. They were very polite, but did not convert. Then, I explained how Jesus loved them and had died on the cross to save them from their sins. All they had to do was accept him into their hearts. They were very polite, but still did not convert. So, I decided to read their own book to show them that Islam was a false religion and Mohammed was a false God.
One of the students gave me a copy of the Qur'an and another book about Islam, and I proceeded with my research. I was sure I would find the evidence I needed very quickly. Well, I read the Qur'an and the other book. Then I read another 15 books, Sahih Muslim and returned to the Qur'an. I was determined I would convert them! My studies continued for the next one and half years.
During that time, I started having a few problems with my husband. I was changing, just in little ways but enough to bother him. We used to go to the bar every Friday and Saturday, or to a party, and I no longer wanted to go. I was quieter and more distant. He was sure I was having an affair, so he kicked me out. I moved into an apartment with my children and continued my determined efforts to convert the Muslims to Christianity.
The, one day, there was a knock on my door. I opened the door and saw a man in a long white night gown with a red and white checkered table cloth on his head. He was accompanied by three men in pajamas. (It was the first time I had ever seen their cultural dress.) Well, I was more than a little offended by men showing up at my door in night clothes. What kind of a woman did they think I was? Had they no pride o

itsme01
03-10-2006, 12:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
LOL alhumulillah :) sister brigade to the rescue :giggling:
LoL, nice one bro.

Keep up the good work sis.

And, behold, with every hardship comes ease. Verily, with every hardship
comes ease! Hence, when thou art freed [from distress], remain steadfast,
and to thy Lord turn (all) thy attention.

Holy Quran, Chapter 94, Verses 5-8

^ The third time i quoted these verses :)

Jazak'Allah Khair

mbaig
03-10-2006, 12:48 PM
A'salaam alaykum sister,

First let me congragulate you that you have chosen the right path. The path to holy jannah. Sister always remember allah is watching you. You should be more concerned towards making allah the almighty happy. Rest is nothing no one will come to help you.

It is really bad on the their side if they are ignoring you. Our beloved prophet used to smile at every single person. If any one ignore's you they are going against the sunnah of prohet muhammed (bpuh). Just wait and have faith in allah the almighty. Everything will be alright.

Sorry if i had hurt you.

Thanks & Regards
- Masud

Mhd_ibn_Mhd
03-12-2006, 12:21 AM
Guess it's who you know, not what you know.
United we stand, divided we fall.

P.S - Replying to a salaam is Wajib. However the one who initiate is the one more beloved and closer to Allah (s.w.t.)
And Allah (s.w.t.) knows best.

Muhammad... :shade:

zircon
04-03-2006, 03:11 AM
salam sis.. well, just to share with everybody how wonderful the concept of brother and sisterhood in islam when everybody really apply the correct principles and concepts..

During the past eleven days here in the Muslim world, I have eaten from the same plate, drunk from the same glass, and slept on the same rug - while praying to the same God - with fellow Muslims, whose eyes were the bluest of blue, whose hair was the blondest of blond, and whose skin was the whitest of white. And in the words and in the deeds of the white Muslims, I felt the same sincerity that I felt among the black African Muslims of Nigeria, Sudan and Ghana. We were truly all the same (brothers) - because their belief in one God had removed the white from their minds, the white from their behavior, and the white from their attitude. [Letter written from Makkah, by Malcolm X]

may Allah gives us the strength to practise islam as a way of life.. )

akulion
04-03-2006, 03:13 AM
well sister i can see that your problem is that you are shy

I learned in school that smiling is not enough....cos in some cultures smiling can even be seen as a form of agreession (showing teeth) - (mainly in the lion culture in Africa)

So dont just smile...walk over there and say Salam wazzup and get talkin

Talk about urself a lil and make friends

I am sure when the sisters find out what a wonderful sis u are they will be knocking down your doors to be ur friend

Insha'allah may Allah swt give you the company of best of Muslimahs ameen

vpb
04-03-2006, 03:33 AM
why would they not smile back? :S that's ignorant from them, they call themselves muslims and don't smile back to somebody who is being nice to them? bllah..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.