/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Putting hours of MP3 onto 1 CD?????

Isaac
02-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Salam. I was wondering if any one can help. Even thogh i have studied computers at uni, i still dont know how to put a load of mp3 files and burn onto 1 cd. I have series of lectures which i have put together and now want to put them all onto 1 cd, so i can listen to the. Please help, cos its really blogging up my computer.Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DaNgErOuS MiNdS
02-27-2006, 06:15 PM
have u got Cd burning software?? such as 'Nero'

Isaac
02-27-2006, 07:01 PM
sorry couldnt get back earlier. yeh i got burning software. wen i try burning it only allows a few to go on the cd. looks like you can help. right.

czgibson
02-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Greetings,

A standard CD-R can hold about 650MB of data. If it's only letting you put a few of your lectures on the CD-R, they're probably bigger than that.

If you've got a DVD writer you could write them to a DVD, which can hold about 4.7GB of data.

There are ways and means of compressing your files to a lower bitrate in order to make them smaller so they take up less space, but that involves a slight reduction in audio quality.

Perhaps it would be easier to think about getting more CD-Rs.

What size are all of your files together? (To find this out just right click on the folder they're in and click Properties.)

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
abs
02-27-2006, 07:31 PM
:sl:

if u want it on ur mp3 and ur CD jus copy the files and put it on: quick time player or real player or windows media player and jus click on burn it will say coverting and den wen its converted it will say burning wen its burned u can
listen 2 it.
hint put it on windows media player and u dont need nero

:w:

Isaac
02-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Greetings to you to.

1] The size of the file is 274 mb
2] its in mp3 format

i have a dvd-r x4
120min/4.7gb

if for example i have on lecture which is 1hour long, how will i fir say 5 lectures on one ced which will be about 5 hours.

sorry to be a pain put if you dont mind you couldnt give me a step by step appraoch to burning onto cd. thanks alot.

Isaac
02-27-2006, 09:20 PM
ive got an empty dvd r but it tells me to insert a blanc cd. cant i use a dvdr. im using the sonic software to burn it??

czgibson
02-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Greetings,

If you've got a file that's 274MB then it shouldn't be a problem to fit that onto a standard CD-R. If you mean you have five files and they're 274MB each then it will be more difficult to fit them all on. Do you only have one CD-R?

I don't know what software you're using to try and burn this disc. If you're using iTunes I can help, if not I'm afraid I don't know, but I could try and guess:

If you have five files at 274MB each and you absolutely have to get them onto one disc, the only option is to compress them. You need to find out what bitrate your files are encoded at. If it's 128kbps, that's pretty much as small as they'll go before they lose audio quality drastically. If they're encoded at a higher bitrate (say, 160, 192, 256, 320 or 1411kbps) you can use an audio converter to change to a lower bitrate, which will make the files smaller so they can all fit on one CD-R. Here's a free one that should work:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

Hope that helps.

Peace

czgibson
02-27-2006, 09:28 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Isaac
ive got an empty dvd r but it tells me to insert a blanc cd. cant i use a dvdr. im using the sonic software to burn it??
I used to use the Sonic RecordNow! software, but I gave up using it for this reason. It tends to use up discs without burning them. Having said that, I'm not sure whether it can handle DVD-Rs as I've never used them. The fact that it's called Sonic might mean it's an audio only program???

Peace

Isaac
02-27-2006, 09:41 PM
the lectures are 275mb in total. thans for the link yu gave me. ive installed it. now im using the coverter to change it into mp3. to be honest i dont know what im doing. ill gve it a try anyway. does it usually take so long?

czgibson
02-27-2006, 09:44 PM
Greetings Isaac,

I thought it was already mp3???

Are you converting it to a lower bitrate? If so it usually takes about three or four minutes for a file of that size.

Peace

Isaac
02-27-2006, 09:51 PM
i think im converting it to a lower bit rate. its coming up with priority - normal. and 4 minutess! itrs tooken me 2o minutes already.

czgibson
02-27-2006, 09:54 PM
Greetings,

I'm not familiar with that software so I'm not sure what it's doing I'm afraid. I'd say just go with it and see what pops up at the other end.

Peace

Isaac
02-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Thanks for all your help buddy. ill just experiment with the link you gave me and like you said see what pops up at the end. thanks again for your help.

Isaac
02-28-2006, 11:35 AM
I have 6 lectures. they are over 30 mins each. all 6 add upto about 177 mins/176mb. now the cd r which i have is 700mb/80 mins. how can i fit these onto that one cd??????

Z
02-28-2006, 03:41 PM
Salaam.

Create an MP3 CD, not Audio.

Your DVD might not be burning because you may not have a DVD writer.

أحمد
02-28-2006, 03:53 PM
:sl:

:happy: Alternatively, you can create a Data CD, today's standard CDs can store 700MB on average; if you want more capacity discplanet and infiniti provide CDs up to 730MB . . .
;D Don't try to burn a DVD, if you have'nt got a DVD writer, CD writers do not recognise the sectar allocations of DVDs.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.