/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Your Status

Z
04-16-2005, 05:30 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

It would be nice if the brothers and sisters can share with us what they work as or study. Being able to study for a good education and working in a halaal and rewarding job is also the blessing of Allah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
kadafi
04-16-2005, 09:59 PM
:w:,

Wouldn't it be more appropiate if you selected the 'Brother in Islam' icon ;)

I'm currently doing my A-Levels (UK), and Insha'Allah, will start this September university.

S_87
04-16-2005, 10:05 PM
:sl:
i am currently not studying

i have my own job as self appointed one person comitee for the promotion of virtue and prevention of vice but no one listens to me :lol: <_<

Arwa
04-16-2005, 10:06 PM
wa alaikum assalam

yeah... g'luck for the future amani *blinks* ;D

I am in high school .. started my GCSE year :sister:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
h1jabi_sista
04-17-2005, 09:56 AM
ok my status is...*that sounds so posh*

highschool student, about to leave, and stressing over gcses!!!!!

please do dua for me inshallah people!!!! :) less than a month to go inshallah!

:w:

SalafiFemaleJih
04-17-2005, 11:50 AM
Asalamaualikum wr wb,

now now, this topic makes me sad....oh well I go to college for GED cuz I have less credits...I can't wait to take college courses next semester inshaAllah...or maybe in fall :D

walaikum salaaam wr wb.

Saif
04-17-2005, 01:26 PM
I'm currently doing my A-Levels (UK), and Insha'Allah, will start this September university
What have you applied for?

Danish
04-17-2005, 03:10 PM
as for my me, i am doing A-Level (AS): bio, chem, maths, computing and communication enrichment.

Wouldn't it be more appropiate if you selected the 'Brother in Islam' icon

I'm currently doing my A-Levels (UK), and Insha'Allah, will start this September university.
Woah...i thought u r waaaaaaay older. You act really mature -- no offence meant of course.
i have my own job as self appointed one person comitee for the promotion of virtue and prevention of vice
err...if u say so amani

Z
04-17-2005, 03:32 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Interesting subjects Danish. All the best in your studies.

Amani, I take it you don't go to college? I suppose you do Islamic studies or are you just staying at home dreaming of the luxuries in life you can have?

Good luck to all the GCSE students this year, insha Allah you'll all do well and get the results which you hope/wish to achieve.

Silver Pearl
04-17-2005, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi
:w:,

:omg: you're not 50? subhanallah...you're young, mashallah you utter words of wisdom.

I'm a student doing my last year of GCSE and i'm studying English lit and lang, Maths, bio, chem, physics, french, textiles, philosophy and history.

S_87
04-17-2005, 03:41 PM
hmm if u want to put it that way
i was doing islamic studies uptil ramadah nthen stopped
now i wanna do something else but i dont want to ..so im not sure if i should.?either.http://www.londonoc.com/English/
(im really dont like studying )

S_87
04-17-2005, 03:42 PM
oh yh i am doing a couple of courses but its not exactly full time studying :thumbs_up

Halima
04-17-2005, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
i am currently not studying

i have my own job as self appointed one person comitee for the promotion of virtue and prevention of vice but no one listens to me :lol: <_<

Hey amani do u remember me? :)

S_87
04-17-2005, 03:46 PM
no..should i? who are you then? :-[

Halima
04-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Do you know about Sisters.islamway? :-[ If not, than it's not you.

S_87
04-17-2005, 04:04 PM
(i answered ur q in sister section so were not off topic )

niqaabii
04-17-2005, 08:11 PM
im not exactly a student coz i dnt attend any college or whateva
but im doing my alevels
hoping to go uni in sept inshallah

Squile
04-17-2005, 09:13 PM
I have been taken a course in Jihad for more than 3 years and I recommend every brother and sister to participate and explore for knowledge but do so with actions.

I just recently came back from Jemen , the training i have been through has mentally , physically and emotionally perpared me for this life and next.

S_87
04-17-2005, 09:41 PM
^^ :sl:

tell us more please :)

solid_snake
04-18-2005, 03:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kerned Indian
working in a halaal and rewarding job is also the blessing of Allah.
what do you consider a halal job exactly?

is working in a place where men and women talk and work together halal? what if the girls who you work with wear skirts and what not, Is it still ok to work there? :-\

Z
04-18-2005, 05:37 AM
Asalamu Alaikum

Dear brother, I don't see the reasoning of your question. All I asked was for members to share what they do in life - currently. Not to debate on what "I" consider what a halaal job is. Should you feel the need to release yourself on this matter, wouldn't it be best for you to start a new topic in another forum more suited? That is if you want to know more about what a halaal job is and not stroll up in here and act all macho.

I don't understand how you got the impression that I was trying to make out that working under those conditions is halaal either. Maybe in future you ought to read carefully, and think twice before you click the submit reply button. Now if you don't want to share with us what you do, then don't reply, just read and move on. I'm sure you know that if you don't have anything good to say, then you should remain silent.

makaveli
04-18-2005, 10:26 PM
highschool student.

Uthman
04-18-2005, 10:46 PM

Whats that amani? Prevention of lice? That's errrrr . . . . a job to itch for . . . .

Me = highschool student. :) I'm in year 9 and taking SATS in two weeks Insha'Allah. :) I'll pray for you all Insha'Allah. :)

Kerned Indian, I don't think you should bite his head off like that. There was no debate. Just a simple question with an added, rather . . . . . comment/question.

Celestial
04-19-2005, 05:04 PM
salaam i am a bit late, hope you won't mind.
i am a college student hoping to go to university the next term insallah.

as they say, beter late then never :).

S_87
04-20-2005, 01:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

Whats that amani? Prevention of lice? That's errrrr . . . . a job to itch for . . . .

V osman V

not L :mad:

islam4eva
04-20-2005, 06:43 PM

Im a high school student in yr 9 (uk)

~fUrRrI~
04-20-2005, 06:54 PM
im in 8th :D

Ra`eesah
04-20-2005, 07:00 PM

Subhanallah... You ppl here are so young :D awww so cute but mashallah very mature. * makes me feel all warm inside* ( sniff sniff) ok. Well kids i am a college drop out :) my family couldnt decied on what they wanted me to be sooo i am taking a break till they deiced :p .

strider
04-20-2005, 07:04 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Year 10

Wa-alaikum salam

Far7an
04-20-2005, 07:05 PM
1st year of studies in Demontfort University, studying Business Information systems

Bint Abdusattar
04-20-2005, 08:04 PM
I work at an Islamic Learning centre full time. My Education is an hounours degree in Chemistry after which i worked for 10 years. Then Allah SWT blessed me with knowledge of deen and now i work at the centre Alhumdollilah. It is very different from the work I did before and is a lot more satisfactory.

Z
04-20-2005, 08:09 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Masha Allah, I'm happy for you sister. May Allah grant you more happiness in your life. Ameen.

An honours in chemistry aye, did you not get bored one bit? I couldn't even focus for 10 seconds in class.

BlissfullyJaded
04-21-2005, 07:33 PM

I'm in my last yr of high school.. :)

And quit pickin on my sis amani! :'(

Ra`eesah
04-22-2005, 06:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 3washey

Subhanallah... You ppl here are so young :D awww so cute but mashallah very mature. * makes me feel all warm inside* ( sniff sniff) ok. Well kids i am a college drop out :) my family couldnt decied on what they wanted me to be sooo i am taking a break till they deiced :p .
Austgufrullah i lied a bit.... i am NOT a drop out. i just read what i posted i am sooo duhhh sometimes ok :p .. I am taking a break Inshallah i will continue school again.... IT major

Bin Qasim
04-23-2005, 10:22 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum

Currently studying in UDC, Washington DC, Maths as major, insha Allah planning to become a teacher.

Allah Hafiz

Lateralus63
04-29-2005, 11:29 AM

currently a GCSE student (i know, its boring) conforming to the compltetly rubbish education system, dont really have a choice.

Studying :

English Language
English Literature
Maths (the most boring subject in the world)
Chemistry
Biology
Physics
Art
Photography
Philosophy
Psychology
Islamic Studies
Citizenship

I used to teach philosophy to my class as well, but since the exams are close we dont have much time left, i generally favour creativity and natural sciences (psychology) and sorry to say, i hate, sciences and maths, dont interest me.

MetSudaisTwice
04-29-2005, 11:31 AM
i do AS English Literature and Language, Business Studies, Computing and Citizenship

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.