PDA

View Full Version : So I've finally converted to Islam



SuperJatt
03-01-2006, 10:05 AM
Salaam. Yeah I just decided to accept Islam after looking at a few other religions, Islam was straight forward and simple.

Christianity: didn't make any sense the bible tells you to be like Jesus, and according to the NT/OT Jesus was a god - how the hell is a Human supposed to be like a god? :heated: just doesn't make any sense. And Ahmad Deedat has me convinced, Jesus existed and he was not crucified. And 99% of Christianity is the work of Paul.

Judaism: It just put me off, when I saw all the dissin' I mean the Virgin Mary was labeled a -----. I really don't even see the point why Christians get along better with the Jews then then Muslims, when the Jews diss Jesus and his mother - while the Qu'ran holds them in high esteem.

Hinduism: Hindu gods raping their own daughters - not my kind of reading, incorporation of the racist caste system, cannibalism and mass wife burning.

Buddhism: no god = no nothing, so its illogical to follow Buddhism.

Sikhism: There is evidence to suggest that Guru Nanak, was most likely a Muslim then a Hindu or a Sikh, he prayed with Muslims, he ate with Muslims, his best friend was a Muslim, he went to mecca near the Kabbah, and we all know non-Muslims are not allowed near the Kahhbah. Conclusion he was a Muslim not a Sikh, all Sikhs should convert to Islam and me Muslims. I mean Sikhism says all paths lead to one destination so it doesn't really matter what religion you follow according to Sikhism. If I was a Sikh I would convert to Islam.

--------------

Although in Islam I don't get this Sunni and Shia deal? Anyway I want to learn more about Shiasam if anyone has good links and info then pass then on to me.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aakhirah
03-01-2006, 10:08 AM
:sl:

Alhamdulillahi rabbil-'aalameen (All praises are to the Lord of the Worlds).

Allah guides whom He wills to the Right Path.

May Allah bless you and grant you a blessed life and an abode in Jannah al-Firdaws.

Please could you make du'aa (pray) for all of us? JazaakAllah Khayr.

:w:

A.
Reply

Umu 'Isa
03-01-2006, 10:15 AM
MashaAllah..
Alhumdulillah brother enjoy your life as a muslim.
May Allah swt grant you happiness in your life ameen.
:sl:
Reply

lyesh
03-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Alhamdulillah!
May Allah show u the straight path!
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
F.Y.
03-01-2006, 10:20 AM
:sl:
Hey brother, that's great news. Mashallah. May Allah always keep you and all of us steadfast.
Peace to ya! :)
Reply

sumay28
03-01-2006, 10:31 AM
alhumdulilah! YAY!
Reply

i_m_tipu
03-01-2006, 10:43 AM
:sl:
always remember one thing
u r Chosen
that why u r in islam

may Allaah guide us
gives us better understanding

seek for truth bro....(reserch urself upto ur ability, don't depend on other's blindly)
u will Amazed how unique, truthful, jusified islam is

hope for ur good peacefull life
Reply

aljawaad
03-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Alhamdulillah
Reply

Umm Yoosuf
03-01-2006, 11:07 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum

Allahu Akbar!!! And Alhamdulilaaaaaaah! :)

Congratulations.

Indeed Allah guides to his path whom He wills!

There a lot of reverts member’s in this site

Please share your story with us here

http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...ours-here.html

Wa Salaam
Reply

Mohsin
03-01-2006, 12:28 PM
Info on shia go here

http://www.islamicboard.com/sects-di...-overview.html
Reply

Cheb
03-01-2006, 12:46 PM
:sl:
Mashallah brother I am very happy to hear that you have chosen Islam. Barakallah feek.
Remember that all sins committed before you converted are now erased and you can basically start from the beginning. Make the best of the time you have.
:w:
Reply

Protected_Diamond
03-01-2006, 12:46 PM
:sl:

whoaaa!! Glad you made the first step alhamdulilah, and remember when you walk towards Allah s.w.a, he will come running to you insha Allah! Keep your intentions pure and your actions insha Allah! :happy:

:w:
Reply

SuperJatt
03-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Thanks to everyone. Its funny about 2 weeks ago I didn't even think a god existed. But the truth is I never actually wanted to believe because I didn't want to be held responsible for my actions. But its all good though I suppose.

Someone only gave me one link on Shias - lol come on guys!
Reply

SuperJatt
03-01-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by Moss
Ah ha, sorry am not reading that link. I have heard this forum is majority Sunni so the information will be biased, I would prefer to read from natural sources of direct Shia sources. I don't mean to offend any Sunnis by suggesting Sunnis are lairs what I mean is shias will be better equipped to explain to me about shiasam then a Sunni.
Reply

Cheb
03-01-2006, 01:33 PM
You may not be getting much links because sectarian issues are actually not allowed to be discussed here. A shia site would be: [sectarian link removed]
but i wont discuss it ;)
There are plenty of Sunni sites. A good one would be www.islam-online.com. You can also get a lot of information on this forum.
Peace.
Reply

Umm Yoosuf
03-01-2006, 01:34 PM
I was wondering why Brother Moss posted the link...i think i understand now..
SupperJatt do you happen to be Shia?
Reply

Cheb
03-01-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Jannah
I was wondering why Brother Moss posted the link...i think i understand now..
SupperJatt do you happen to be Shia?
]
Salam.
If I am not mistaken, I think the link was posted because of SuperJatt's first post. He asked about Sunnis and Shias.
Reply

Umm Yoosuf
03-01-2006, 01:40 PM
I didn't see it. Oh my bad.
Reply

أحمد
03-01-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by SuperJatt
Ah ha, sorry am not reading that link. I have heard this forum is majority Sunni so the information will be biased, I would prefer to read from natural sources of direct Shia sources. I don't mean to offend any Sunnis by suggesting Sunnis are lairs what I mean is shias will be better equipped to explain to me about shiasam then a Sunni.
:sl:

:happy: Welcome to the light of Islam, the guidance of Allah; the Lord of all that which exists and which will ever exist.
Firstly you can refer to my website (esiraat), which has basic information on Islam. As I'm not Sunni or Shia; I try not to be biased on either side (I'm just Muslim, the path of Allah and His prophet is sufficient). For any questions, please feel free to e-mail me on: esiraat@yahoo.com, alternatively you can send me a PM or Post in a thread. Insha-Allah; you'll find the answers to your questions.

:w:
Reply

mahuruf
03-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Walaikum Salam,

Brother, you are well come to the right path.

The Angel Gabriel asked: Muhammed tell me about Islam”

[B]The Prophet (PUH) answered: Islam is -
“To bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah (SWT) and that the Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah (and that he was sent by Allah to teach us His religion)”

[/B]
Now you are a Muslim by Choice and not by Chance

May Allah’s Peace and Blessings be up on us all
Reply

Pinkie
03-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Asalamu Alaikum Brother!

I just wanted to welcome you back to Islam. The day you took your Shahadah, all of your previous sins were washed away by the Mercy of Allah Ta'ala. Welcome to this beautiful Deen :happy:.
Reply

cool_jannah
03-01-2006, 02:43 PM
:sl:

Mashallah....welcome to the world of peace bro
you just saved yourself from a painful torment
may Allah guide you and all of us to the straight path
Reply

أحمد
03-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by SuperJatt
Although in Islam I don't get this Sunni and Shia deal? Anyway I want to learn more about Shiasam if anyone has good links and info then pass then on to me.
:sl:

:) I will try to find something online, but avoid shiachat.com, because they're just kids. You need something from a more educated source.

:w:
Reply

DaSangarTalib
03-01-2006, 03:09 PM
:wasalamex

ALLAHU AKBAR!!

My brother im glad to heard this...this is the best news Alhamdullilah.. :happy:

"Those that Allah guides no1 can ever lead astray and those He forsakes no1 can ever help him even if the whole world comes together"..:)

May Allah Aza'Wajaal make you steadfast upon you deen and grant you happiness in this life and the next

aite man stay strong and hold tight onto yo faith no matter what..and see ya around the forum Insha'Allah
Reply

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
03-01-2006, 03:28 PM
Alhumdulilah, as you can see we are very happy for you and may Allah reward you for accepting Islam :)...There are many brothers and sisters who also reverted to Islam like yourself on the forum, so I'm sure you will be helped from this board.
Reply

muslimahh
03-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahamtullah brother

May Allah swt reward you immensely and allow you to be a beacon for others with your newfound light.


A reminder that all of this sectarian stuff, shiism, etc. were distinguished after the death of the prophet (peace be upon him). So really, to be Muslim all you need is the Quran and the sunnah. I've heard it from many new muslims that theres huge pressure to join a sect.

May God make your quest for knowledge easy for you and reward you with the highest Jannah, Jannah-al-Firdaus.
Reply

أحمد
03-01-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by muslimahh
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahamtullah brother

May Allah swt reward you immensely and allow you to be a beacon for others with your newfound light.


A reminder that all of this sectarian stuff, shiism, etc. were distinguished after the death of the prophet (peace be upon him). So really, to be Muslim all you need is the Quran and the sunnah. I've heard it from many new muslims that theres huge pressure to join a sect.

May God make your quest for knowledge easy for you and reward you with the highest Jannah, Jannah-al-Firdaus.
:sl:

:amin:

:w:
Reply

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-01-2006, 07:21 PM
:sl: SuperJatt,
Congratulations on your conversion, May Allah swt bless you. As for sectarian issues, the important thing to remember is that we follow Islam as it was revealed by Allah swt in the Qur'an, explained by the Prophet Muhammad pbuh in the Sunnah and as it was understood by his companions, the immediate recipients on the message. If we agree on this, then there is nothing to worry about.

:w:
Reply

Uthman
03-01-2006, 07:34 PM
:sl:

Congratulations SuperJatt! :)

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...mic-terms.html
Reply

The Ruler
03-01-2006, 07:44 PM
welcum bak to islam SuperJatt!!!




:w:




Reply

Heera Singh
03-01-2006, 10:05 PM
SuperJatt... i'm happy for you that you found your path to God... but I would have to say your highly mistaken in your first post... it seems you did not know anything about Sikhism to begin with.. if you have any questions about it... i'd be happy to answer... but, I can tell you that all that u have stated about Sikhism is completely false...

anyhow, God Bless, Good Luck on your path..

take care...
Reply

shanu
03-01-2006, 10:19 PM
Dear bro i am very happy to know ur muslim
It takes a good mind to have patience and compare all the religion and choose the one you feel is most correct. May Allah bless u always. Come to the Sunni community, i find the Shia a bit messed up, they have alot of weird beliefs, i feel Allah is straight forward and just, when i read the Shia beliefs, i find it a little fabricated.. Sorry if there are any sh'a here
Reply

أحمد
03-02-2006, 12:51 AM
Originally Posted by shanu
Dear bro i am very happy to know ur muslim
It takes a good mind to have patience and compare all the religion and choose the one you feel is most correct. May Allah bless u always. Come to the Sunni community, i find the Shia a bit messed up, they have alot of weird beliefs, i feel Allah is straight forward and just, when i read the Shia beliefs, i find it a little fabricated.. Sorry if there are any sh'a here
:sl:

:) It's best to go to neither Sunni nor Shia, but to stay in the fold of the Religion of Islam of Allah and His Prophet (saws).

:w:
Reply

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-02-2006, 01:00 AM
:sl:

Mashallah. Great news! :)

:w:
Reply

anis_z24
03-02-2006, 02:14 AM
Originally Posted by SuperJatt
Ah ha, sorry am not reading that link. I have heard this forum is majority Sunni so the information will be biased, I would prefer to read from natural sources of direct Shia sources. I don't mean to offend any Sunnis by suggesting Sunnis are lairs what I mean is shias will be better equipped to explain to me about shiasam then a Sunni.
Salam
the Shia started when Ali Bin Abutalib was killed. Shi at means supporters; in this case supporters of Ali(May Allah be satisfied with him)
the shia emerged because of a fitna.
And Sunna means the tradition; in this case the tradition of the prophet(PBUH). So when you say "Sunni" its not supposed to be a group. Islam has only one way to be followed(by the Quran and Sunna).
Reply

edil
03-02-2006, 02:23 AM
Congradulation. I wish many people would understand that islam is the only excepted religion.
Reply

shanu
03-02-2006, 05:49 AM
Actually ahmed waheed bro is correct
there is no shia or sunni
just allah n u :)
u better follow that jatt bro
Reply

mahuruf
03-02-2006, 07:32 AM
As-salaam Alaikuum

Brother "SuperJatt"

it's time for you to change you "avatar" to [S]HEAVEN[/S]

Insha Allah, Islam will take you there.

Wa-Asalaam
Reply

SuperJatt
03-02-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by Heera Singh
SuperJatt... i'm happy for you that you found your path to God... but I would have to say your highly mistaken in your first post... it seems you did not know anything about Sikhism to begin with.. if you have any questions about it... i'd be happy to answer... but, I can tell you that all that u have stated about Sikhism is completely false...

anyhow, God Bless, Good Luck on your path..

take care...
Please tell me where I was wrong. When I commented on sikhi.
Reply

SuperJatt
03-02-2006, 11:52 AM
I think I've mad my decision I am going to follow the Sufism school of though - I like the philosophical aspect of it and dancing, and smoking lots of hashish lol. I think its the best choice for me.
Reply

Ghazi
03-02-2006, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by SuperJatt
I think I've mad my decision I am going to follow the Sufism school of though - I like the philosophical aspect of it and dancing, and smoking lots of hashish lol. I think its the best choice for me.
Salaam

No, this isn't the way, sufism is full of bid'ah(innovation) please stick to the sunnah of the prophet(pbuh) stay away from shai's as well, sorry if this offends anyone but i'm just trying to help a brother out.
Reply

Snowflake
03-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Allahu Akbar! I'm overjoyed to hear you've accepted Islam SuperJatt. May Allah make it easy for you to follow and increase your knowledge of this beautiful deen inshaAllah. Ameen. Mannnn me feeling sooo happy :statisfie

You'll come across things that might not make sense at first. That happens to a lot of us in the beginning. Don't let that put you off. Knowledge will make every thing clear to you inshaAllah. So do find someone knowlegable who can guide and advise you inshaAllah. And finally welcome to your new family. May you become an example to others by being a good practicing muslim who does everything for the sake of Allah. Ameen.

best wishes and sincere duaas

:w:

a sis :thankyou:

Originally Posted by SuperJatt
I think I've mad my decision I am going to follow the Sufism school of though - I like the philosophical aspect of it and dancing, and smoking lots of hashish lol. I think its the best choice for me.
errr umm no.. learn the basics of Islam first. Then you will be sure to follow what Allah has decreed for mankind. Smoking hashish & dancing is not one of them.
Reply

SuperJatt
03-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

No, this isn't the way, sufism is full of bid'ah(innovation) please stick to the sunnah of the prophet(pbuh) stay away from shai's as well, sorry if this offends anyone but i'm just trying to help a brother out.

Sorry, I don't understand. When you say innovation, it seems you're saying that is bad. Anyway I've been learning about Sufism, and it seems pretty cool. All the mystical aspects of it like mind over matter and deep meditation. I've even been reading about Hassan-i-Sabah, some real interesting people.

You should learn about Sufism its really cool check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sufism
Reply

Ghazi
03-02-2006, 12:13 PM
Salaam

There's an hadith saying: Don't let any followers of bid'ah present there arguments to you cause it'll cause confusion in your hearts. So for this reason I won't click on the link provided. Brother I suggest you stay away from the sufi sect, the stuff you mentioned has nothing to do with islam, think about it' the sufi's wouldn't admit that they're wrong but they are and i seriously fear for you i don't want you to go down a wrong path.
Reply

SuperJatt
03-02-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
Allahu Akbar! I'm overjoyed to hear you've accepted Islam SuperJatt. May Allah make it easy for you to follow and increase your knowledge of this beautiful deen inshaAllah. Ameen. Mannnn me feeling sooo happy :statisfie

You'll come across things that might not make sense at first. That happens to a lot of us in the beginning. Don't let that put you off. Knowledge will make every thing clear to you inshaAllah. So do find someone knowlegable who can guide and advise you inshaAllah. And finally welcome to your new family. May you become an example to others by being a good practicing muslim who does everything for the sake of Allah. Ameen.

best wishes and sincere duaas

:w:

a sis :thankyou:


errr umm no.. learn the basics of Islam first. Then you will be sure to follow what Allah has decreed for mankind. Smoking hashish & dancing is not one of them.
Salaams. Well am making a decision, because I feel learning about a particular aspect is better. Maybe am wrong, but Sufism seems just right for me, its less strict, and helps me deal with things. Like I mean there is a ban on music in mainstream Islam, it makes me think sometimes surly Allah can't be that strict. Somethings make sense to me when I look at Sufism, like the Mirage the Prophet Mohamed (pbuh) had, it all makes sense. Its more to so with mystical aspects rather then b eing too strict about things and missing the whole point, what is the point of making salat if you're not going to connect with Allah as if you're doing it because its an obligation.
Reply

SuperJatt
03-02-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

There's an hadith saying: Don't let any followers of bid'ah present there arguments to you cause it'll cause confusion in your hearts. So for this reason I won't click on the link provided. Brother I suggest you stay away from the sufi sect, the stuff you mentioned has nothing to do with islam, think about it' the sufi's wouldn't admit that they're wrong but they are and i seriously fear for you i don't want you to go down a wrong path.
Yes, but we Allah know the hadeeth could be wrong. Allah never promised to protect the hadeeth. They are good for reading some and genuine some maybe are not. A Muslims should seek knowledge, not dissmiss it.
Reply

ummbilal
03-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by SuperJatt
Salaam. Yeah I just decided to accept Islam after looking at a few other religions, Islam was straight forward and simple.

Christianity: didn't make any sense the bible tells you to be like Jesus, and according to the NT/OT Jesus was a god - how the hell is a Human supposed to be like a god? :heated: just doesn't make any sense. And Ahmad Deedat has me convinced, Jesus existed and he was not crucified. And 99% of Christianity is the work of Paul.

Allhumdulilah Allah wa taala has opened your heart to the truth, inshaallah you will always be in the fold of Islam and grow in iman, Inshaallah all your previous sins are wiped and you have clean slate, welcome to the wonderful fold of Islam,

It always makes me happy to hear of another soul guided to Islam,

ALLAHU AKBAR ALLAHU AKBAR ALLAHU AKBAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Sikhism: There is evidence to suggest that Guru Nanak, was most likely a Muslim then a Hindu or a Sikh, he prayed with Muslims, he ate with rding to Sikhism. If I was a Sikh I would convert to Islam.

I didnt know this, could you possible give me some links etc.. to where you got ya info for me to pass on to sikh friends, jazakallah kahir


--------------

Although in Islam I don't get this Sunni and Shia deal? Anyway I want to learn more about Shiasam if anyone has good links and info then pass then on to me.
basically there was a difference in opion about who should be caliph after the Prophet saws Abu Bakr ra was chosen but Shias say it should have been Ali ra, but some take it further and say that Ali ra was acctually the prophet and Jibril as made a mistake by giving the Quran to Muhammed saws, this is an impossibility as Jibrail can only follow the command of Allah as he is an angel, so they are saying Allah made a mistake, which cannot be??

also many shias worship Ali and his sons the Prophets gransons, Hasan and Hussain ra, they believe they are devine, Ali ra killed people who decided to pray to him, when he was alive, he was an amazing warrior and very wise man, so probably a man of great strength and carisma,however this doesnt make him worthy of worship, he had these people burnt after they refused to disist worshiping him, they said indeed you are God as only Allah punishes with fire, authu bilahi, they were very decieved by the shaitan

If you have studied the Life of the Prophet saws you will know that he was indeed a prophet of Allah, Ali was his cousin and never, declared he was a prophet or anything except an ordinary man,

I am a sunni, so i guess shias would say different, but just how christianity was twisted by paul, so was Islam by a man called Abdullah (sorry i cant remember his family line) he created a weakness in Islam by corrupting it and encourageing grave worship and shirk, which is shiaisim as it is today.

sunnis do not agree that shias are muslim as to worship someone other than Allah takes u outside the fold of islam, they worship Ali and his sons and sometimes his wife.

however i should add there is a small party of shias who simply believe Ali ra should have been the next caliph, though they DO accept the rulings of the caliphs inbetween Muhamed saws and Ali,

i sincerly hope inshaallah that made sense, any shias who are offended, maybe you shoud do your homework on the roots of shiaisim.
Reply

Ghazi
03-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Salaam

I agree with you that a muslim should seek knowladge but i urge you to do the same before you decided to go with any sect, read the biogrpahy of the prophet
Reply

aakhirah
03-02-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by SuperJatt
Yes, but we Allah know the hadeeth could be wrong. Allah never promised to protect the hadeeth. They are good for reading some and genuine some maybe are not. A Muslims should seek knowledge, not dissmiss it.
:sl:

I wouldn't go down that line. Rejecting a hadeeth simply because it doesn't fit in with what we deem as logic is disastrous, to say the least.

We've been ordered by Allah Himself, in the Qur-aan, in many places, to follow our Prophet SallAllahu 'alayhi wa Sallam. If we were to reject Hadeeth we would be rejecting the essence of the Qur-aan.

I am aware that there are a few Hadeeth-rejectors out there, but this has already been foretold to us by our dear Prophet SallAllahu 'alayhi wa Sallam.

In the end, each person has the evidence in front of him. And Allah guides whom He wills to the Straight Path.

May Allah guide us all!

:w:

A.
Reply

SuperJatt
03-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by ummbilal
basically there was a difference in opion about who should be caliph after the Prophet saws Abu Bakr ra was chosen but Shias say it should have been Ali ra, but some take it further and say that Ali ra was acctually the prophet and Jibril as made a mistake by giving the Quran to Muhammed saws, this is an impossibility as Jibrail can only follow the command of Allah as he is an angel, so they are saying Allah made a mistake, which cannot be??

also many shias worship Ali and his sons the Prophets gransons, Hasan and Hussain ra, they believe they are devine, Ali ra killed people who decided to pray to him, when he was alive, he was an amazing warrior and very wise man, so probably a man of great strength and carisma,however this doesnt make him worthy of worship, he had these people burnt after they refused to disist worshiping him, they said indeed you are God as only Allah punishes with fire, authu bilahi, they were very decieved by the shaitan

If you have studied the Life of the Prophet saws you will know that he was indeed a prophet of Allah, Ali was his cousin and never, declared he was a prophet or anything except an ordinary man,

I am a sunni, so i guess shias would say different, but just how christianity was twisted by paul, so was Islam by a man called Abdullah (sorry i cant remember his family line) he created a weakness in Islam by corrupting it and encourageing grave worship and shirk, which is shiaisim as it is today.

sunnis do not agree that shias are muslim as to worship someone other than Allah takes u outside the fold of islam, they worship Ali and his sons and sometimes his wife.

however i should add there is a small party of shias who simply believe Ali ra should have been the next caliph, though they DO accept the rulings of the caliphs inbetween Muhamed saws and Ali,

i sincerly hope inshaallah that made sense, any shias who are offended, maybe you shoud do your homework on the roots of shiaisim.

http://www.------------/library/links/00000181.html

http://www.nachnach.com/forum/viewto...er=asc&start=0
Reply

anis_z24
03-02-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Ahmed Waheed
:sl:

:) It's best to go to neither Sunni nor Shia, but to stay in the fold of the Religion of Islam of Allah and His Prophet (saws).

:w:
Salam
what do you mean not sunni, Sunna means the tradition; in this case the tradition of the Prophet(PBUH)
Sunni is not a made up group.
It the way you are to follow the prophet(PBUH). You cant say follow the Quran only, thats wrong, because who taught us the Quran. The prophet(PBUH).
Reply

anis_z24
03-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by SuperJatt
Salaams. Well am making a decision, because I feel learning about a particular aspect is better. Maybe am wrong, but Sufism seems just right for me, its less strict, and helps me deal with things. Like I mean there is a ban on music in mainstream Islam, it makes me think sometimes surly Allah can't be that strict. Somethings make sense to me when I look at Sufism, like the Mirage the Prophet Mohamed (pbuh) had, it all makes sense. Its more to so with mystical aspects rather then b eing too strict about things and missing the whole point, what is the point of making salat if you're not going to connect with Allah as if you're doing it because its an obligation.
Salam
everything that takes you astray from Allah, is Haram.
So if music has rememberance of Islam or Allah,etc then why is it banned.
Reply

aakhirah
03-02-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by anis_z24
Salam
everything that takes you astray from Allah, is Haram.
So if music has rememberance of Islam or Allah,etc then why is it banned.
:sl:

I'm afraid you're contradicting yourself now. On the one hand you're saying we should follow our Prophet SallAllahu 'alayhi wa Sallam, and now you're saying music shouldn't be banned. It's haraam because it's mentioned in the Hadeeth!

wAllah al-Muwaffiq.

:w:

A.
Reply

DaSangarTalib
03-02-2006, 01:04 PM
Brother don’t get in all that sunni and shia business, that wont get you anywhere…what is important than anything is that you follow the teachings of the prophet Muhammad peace be upon him and also the teachings of the Quran..this is more crucial than following any group of people..just be a MUSLIM and you’ll be fine…stay away from all these little groups, its a major sin for people to cause divisions, we are one ummah and should stay like that and unite...those people who do go around making divisions in the ummah they will be punished accordingly coz its not allowed…When you in the grave the angel wont ask ya what group you followed on earth but they’ll ask ya who is your lord?, your deen? (religion) and also who’s your prophet?…and you gotta answer all these corecctlly and that’s the time where you cant lie..so my humble advice is that forget these groups and stick to being JUST A MUSLIM

also brother ask anyone on this forum what is more important following the sunnah and Quran?, or following a group/madhab..they tell ya sunnah and Quran..i hope you take this on board Insha'Allah..

take care brother
Reply

Snowflake
03-02-2006, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by SuperJatt
Salaams. Well am making a decision, because I feel learning about a particular aspect is better. Maybe am wrong, but Sufism seems just right for me, its less strict, and helps me deal with things. Like I mean there is a ban on music in mainstream Islam, it makes me think sometimes surly Allah can't be that strict. Somethings make sense to me when I look at Sufism, like the Mirage the Prophet Mohamed (pbuh) had, it all makes sense. Its more to so with mystical aspects rather then b eing too strict about things and missing the whole point, what is the point of making salat if you're not going to connect with Allah as if you're doing it because its an obligation.
:sl:
Well you aint meant to follow something jus becuz it's easy. That don't make it right. Jannah aint easy to achieve. You can't even get a job in this world without the proper qualifications likewise you need to qualify as a good muslim to get into jannah.

Lemme explain something to you yeh? I'm into spirituality, I used to meditate a lot, I saw a lot of 'unseen' things in front of ma eyes. I've done and sometimes still do spiritual healing. Spirituality is the essence of me. Yet I'm not a sufi, I don't get doped up on hashish or wateva to feel spritual. I don't follow their teachings or even know one personally. If it's spirituality ur after, then after salah, sit alone after isha prayer..without distractions, and imagine ur beneath the heavens and light (noor) is falling on you, going through ur head and out ur feet. Once you've fixed your thoughts on that. Imagine you are in jannah. Imagine the things Allah has told us that are in jannah. Feel Allah's presence. Feel His blessings falling on you. Let your imagination do the work. And it will. Then watch spirituality come alive within your self. Allah will show you things you can't even imagine. But keep it to yourself. :P

That's where spirituality is found. Not in the pots of hashish of the sufis or in the rhythem of their twirling dances but in the closeness of Allah. It's inside you already. All you need to do is awaken it.
:w:
Reply

أحمد
03-02-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by anis_z24
Salam
what do you mean not sunni, Sunna means the tradition; in this case the tradition of the Prophet(PBUH)
Sunni is not a made up group.
It the way you are to follow the prophet(PBUH). You cant say follow the Quran only, thats wrong, because who taught us the Quran. The prophet(PBUH).
:sl:

:) Incase you haven't noticed; I wrote about following Allah and His Prophet (saws), not the Quran on its own. It is not possible to follow the Quran on its own. The Quran says several times that you should follow Allah and His Prophet (saws). You do not have to be a "Sunni" or "Shia" to be following Allah and his Prophet (saws), as the two big groups are divisions of Muslims, who chose to label themselves with certain words; so that it may seem that they themselves are perfectly upon the straight path. So, I repeat: its best NOT to be divided into any group. Infact Allah commands us NOT to divide. For more information on Muslim Unity, please refer to:Muslim Unityon the esiraat website.

:w:
Reply

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by SuperJatt
I think I've mad my decision I am going to follow the Sufism school of though - I like the philosophical aspect of it and dancing, and smoking lots of hashish lol. I think its the best choice for me.
:sl: SuperJatt,
I'm sure you know that we don't decide what is the truth based on desires and what we think is fun. And Muslims are not supposed to divide themselves into sects. There is no need for you to pick out a sect or order to join, as I mentioned previously:
As for sectarian issues, the important thing to remember is that we follow Islam as it was revealed by Allah swt in the Qur'an, explained by the Prophet Muhammad pbuh in the Sunnah and as it was understood by his companions, the immediate recipients on the message. If we agree on this, then there is nothing to worry about.
Brother, just follow the Qur'an and Sunnah. That's all. I would strongly suggest that you begin learning about Islam by checking out the resources listed here:
http://www.islamicboard.com/educatio...resources.html
Especially this one:
http://www.leveltruth.com/btwmain.asp

:w:
Reply

samina1
03-02-2006, 05:29 PM
:^) Okyyyyyyyyyy.. Im Jsut Watchin...
No Harm 2 Any1 In Here Is It?
Ma Salam:)
Reply

shanu
03-02-2006, 05:30 PM
i agree wid brother ahmad waheed
muslims are muslims
whther sunni or shia
i love em all :D
Reply

Chuck
03-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Congratulations SuperJatt, I've gone through the same stage, and may Allah help through your journey. Right now I've to run, but I'll share something from my experience.

In the mean time read the following article: http://www.understanding-islam.com/r...rticle&aid=248

A quick note: The site differentiates between Sunnah and Hadith which may be confusing to people who are new to this concept. Anyway, their methodology is very objective, when you will read you will find out.
Reply

anis_z24
03-03-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by aakhirah
:sl:

I'm afraid you're contradicting yourself now. On the one hand you're saying we should follow our Prophet SallAllahu 'alayhi wa Sallam, and now you're saying music shouldn't be banned. It's haraam because it's mentioned in the Hadeeth!

wAllah al-Muwaffiq.

:w:

A.
Salam
I know the hadith aswell. I also have a book of halal and harm by Dr. Yusuf Alqaradawi. He explains that music is ok except when it leads you astray.
And I am not conradicting myself if I know about this hadith.
Reply

anis_z24
03-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by Ahmed Waheed
:sl:

:) Incase you haven't noticed; I wrote about following Allah and His Prophet (saws), not the Quran on its own. It is not possible to follow the Quran on its own. The Quran says several times that you should follow Allah and His Prophet (saws). You do not have to be a "Sunni" or "Shia" to be following Allah and his Prophet (saws), as the two big groups are divisions of Muslims, who chose to label themselves with certain words; so that it may seem that they themselves are perfectly upon the straight path. So, I repeat: its best NOT to be divided into any group. Infact Allah commands us NOT to divide. For more information on Muslim Unity, please refer to:Muslim Unityon the esiraat website.

:w:
Salam
Do you not know what sunna means, the word sunni means the follower of a tradition. not a group with made up beliefs.
And what you said is true.
Just that when you say forget Sunni and Shia it doesn't sound right.
Because Sunna in this case means the tradition of the prophet(PBUH) like you mentioned it says so in the Quran.
But these differences should not matter until we are untited and then we deal with them, otherwise the shaytan will benifit from this.
Reply

aakhirah
03-03-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by anis_z24
Salam
I know the hadith aswell. I also have a book of halal and harm by Dr. Yusuf Alqaradawi. He explains that music is ok except when it leads you astray.
And I am not conradicting myself if I know about this hadith.
I wonder why so many Muslims follow the fatwah of one scholar, which happens to be easy to follow, when it goes against the ijmaa' (consensus) of the majority of 'ulamaa??

And, we have been ordered to follow al-Qur-aan and the Hadeeth - not a scholar who happens to contradict these two, or derives a ruling which goes against the opinion of the majority of learned 'ulamaa all around the world!

Wa billaah at-tawfeeq!

:w:

A.
Reply

Snowflake
03-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by SuperJatt
Yes, but we Allah know the hadeeth could be wrong. Allah never promised to protect the hadeeth. They are good for reading some and genuine some maybe are not. A Muslims should seek knowledge, not dissmiss it.
:sl:
I know ur eager to learn about Islam. But don't jump in at the deep end and drown urself in confusion.

First you need to learn the basics of Islam i.e the five pillars of Islam. These five pillars are the foundations of Islam. Hadith aren't. No structure is solid without the right foundations. What's more is at this stage you don't have to worry about false hadith. All hadith are authentic on these five pillars.. So begin with learning about what is necessary, and only after that worry about what hadith are saying about other matters. Stop over-loading urself with too much info at once and begin by learning how to perform salah. One of the first things you will asked in your grave is if you performed salah..

The Five Pillars Of Islam
1) Iman or Faith
"There is none worthy of worship except God and Muhammad is the messenger of God." This declaration of faith is called the Shahadah, a simple formula that all the faithful pronounce. The significance of this declaration is the belief that the only purpose of life is to serve and obey God, and this is achieved through the teachings and practices of the Last Prophet, Muhammad.

2) Salah is the name for the obligatory prayers that are performed five times a day, and are a direct link between the worshipper and God.

3)ZakahThe financial obligation upon Muslims. Each Muslim calculates his or her own zakah individually. This involves the annual payment of a fortieth of one's capital, excluding such items as primary residence, car and professional tools.

4)Sawm or Fasting
Every year in the month of Ramada-n, all Muslims fast from dawn until sundown--abstaining from food, drink, and sexual relations with their spouses (during fasting).

5) Hajj or Pilgrimage
The pilgrimage to Makkah (the hajj) is an obligation only for those who are physically and financially able to do so.


http://www.ucalgary.ca/~elsegal/I_Tr...vePillars.html
Reply

Muhammad
03-03-2006, 03:30 PM
:sl:

Congratulations brother SuperJatt on your reversion to Islam :)! I pray that Allaah blesses you with knowledge of Islam and helps you to implement it correctly in all aspects of your life, Aameen.

Brother Anis, I think what brother Ahmed Waheed is trying to say is that there should be no labelling of people, but rather everyone should follow the Qur'an and the Sunnah and stay away from sectarian issues.

Regarding the issue of music: this has been discussed on this forum elsewhere, see here for example. I think we should focus on the issues about brother SuperJatt in this thread, to avoid going off-topic Insha'Allaah.

Jazakallahu Khayr,

:w:
Reply

anis_z24
03-03-2006, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by aakhirah
I wonder why so many Muslims follow the fatwah of one scholar, which happens to be easy to follow, when it goes against the ijmaa' (consensus) of the majority of 'ulamaa??

And, we have been ordered to follow al-Qur-aan and the Hadeeth - not a scholar who happens to contradict these two, or derives a ruling which goes against the opinion of the majority of learned 'ulamaa all around the world!

Wa billaah at-tawfeeq!

:w:

A.
Salam
Thats not true, otherwise we would be united right now.
In that hadith it says that what ever leads you astray is forbidden, but if there is music that has rememberance of Allah then its Halal.
And its wrong to say that you follow the Quran and sunna then you come to a scholar and say that, the scholar is well more educated than you.
I have the right to follow the opinion of which ever scholar I want and you are entitled to the same.
Reply

azim
03-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Lol - now the new-Muslims can be introduced to one of the most common things in the Ummah - squabbling.
Reply

Laaibah
03-04-2006, 07:10 AM
oh MashaAllah!!

May it be easy for you to practise Islam.(ameen) :)

:rose: :rose:

Peace
Reply

DaSangarTalib
03-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Fight&Die4Allah
Brother don’t get in all that sunni and shia business, that wont get you anywhere…what is important than anything is that you follow the teachings of the prophet Muhammad peace be upon him and also the teachings of the Quran..this is more crucial than following any group of people..just be a MUSLIM and you’ll be fine…stay away from all these little groups, its a major sin for people to cause divisions, we are one ummah and should stay like that and unite...those people who do go around making divisions in the ummah they will be punished accordingly coz its not allowed…When you in the grave the angel wont ask ya what group you followed on earth but they’ll ask ya who is your lord?, your deen? (religion) and also who’s your prophet?…and you gotta answer all these corecctlly and that’s the time where you cant lie..so my humble advice is that forget these groups and stick to being JUST A MUSLIM

also brother ask anyone on this forum what is more important following the sunnah and Quran?, or following a group/madhab..they tell ya sunnah and Quran..i hope you take this on board Insha'Allah..

take care brother
brother please take notice of this and also i just wanna add to this that at the time of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) there weren't all these groups..All Muslims were ONE, all the ummah was ONE, this shows we were one and not divided in the first place....but down the years its just got messed up for some reason..and we started splitting into these little groups, so this is another reason why you should just be concerned about being JUST a Muslims and not a shia Muslim. sunni Muslim or whatever Insha'Allah

Jazka'Allah khair for reading my post
Reply

itsme01
03-04-2006, 04:11 PM
:sl:

Alhamdulillah, may Allah increase you knowledge and understanding
Reply

itsme01
03-04-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by Fight&Die4Allah
brother please take notice of this and also i just wanna add to this that at the time of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) there weren't all these groups..All Muslims were ONE, all the ummah was ONE, this shows we were one and not divided in the first place....but down the years its just got messed up for some reason..and we started splitting into these little groups, so this is another reason why you should just be concerned about being JUST a Muslims and not a shai Muslim. sunni Muslim or whatever Insha'Allah

Jazka'Allah khair for reading my post
:thumbs_up
Mashallh brother, you have done your research well and are well informed

Jazka'Allah khair
Reply

Heera Singh
03-04-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by SuperJatt
Please tell me where I was wrong. When I commented on sikhi.
please refer to my post on the "Sikhism" Thread... :)
Reply

sumay28
03-05-2006, 02:11 PM
sufism?? Hmmm.. you wanna be a hippie?? LOL! Dude read the Koran and follow the Sunnah and you'll be strait. The basic theme Islam is that this life is only to worship and submit to Allah. It isn't what you want. It's just how it is. This life isn't for getting all mysical and smoking weed and crap. Masha allah the main thing is that you believe in One God. Now before you follow ANY school of thought or "sect" or whatever... read the Koran.. read the tafsirs to understand the Koran.. read.. very important. After that if you still wanna be a hippie... fine! Puff-puff-pass and pray...
Reply

Muslim Woman
02-28-2007, 01:11 AM



I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful


Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)



&&&


Originally Posted by SuperJatt
Salaam. Yeah I just decided to accept Islam

---Alhamdulillah. May Allah bless u :statisfie


Judaism: It just put me off, when I saw all the dissin' I mean the Virgin Mary was labeled a *****. I really don't even see the point why Christians get along better with the Jews then then Muslims, when the Jews diss Jesus and his mother - while the Qu'ran holds them in high esteem.

----yap . it's almost a mystery to me . I can't understand how it's possible ? :rollseyes

Jews don't respect Mother Mary (p) & Jesus (p) ; still Christians love them . Muslims respect both the mohter & son & Christians don't like us much.:cry:

I asked in another forum ( or may be this forum , too ) what's the reason behind this ? Still waiting for answer.





Reply

cali dude
02-28-2007, 02:07 AM
Originally Posted by SuperJatt
Sikhism: There is evidence to suggest that Guru Nanak, was most likely a Muslim then a Hindu or a Sikh, he prayed with Muslims, he ate with Muslims, his best friend was a Muslim, he went to mecca near the Kabbah, and we all know non-Muslims are not allowed near the Kahhbah. Conclusion he was a Muslim not a Sikh, all Sikhs should convert to Islam and me Muslims. I mean Sikhism says all paths lead to one destination so it doesn't really matter what religion you follow according to Sikhism. If I was a Sikh I would convert to Islam.
Dude read Guru Granth Sahib and find it out for yourself that gurus were neither Hindu nor Muslims. Find out the truth first why he went to Mecca, only then post it. I posted the truth and it took the moderators only a second to delete it.

Moderators: If you are going to delete this, make sure you delete the lie SuperJatt told about Guru Nanak in the quote above...
Reply

Skillganon
02-28-2007, 02:09 AM
:sl:

Congratulation to your conversion bro Jatt.
Reply

SuperJatt
02-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by cali dude
Dude read Guru Granth Sahib and find it out for yourself that gurus were neither Hindu nor Muslims. Find out the truth first why he went to Mecca, only then post it. I posted the truth and it took the moderators only a second to delete it.

Moderators: If you are going to delete this, make sure you delete the lie SuperJatt told about Guru Nanak in the quote above...
Brother, I am not lying. All of my relatives are Sikhs. I am the only Muslim. I have looked into Sikhism. Let me explain.

Sikhism is known as the religion founded by Guru Nanak who was born in 1469 A.D. It is commonly understood as a compromise between the teachings of Hinduism and Islam. But a careful study of Sikh traditions and relics of Sikhism lead to an irrefutable conclusion that Guru Nanak discarded the Hindu doctrines and assimilated the teachings of Islam to such an extent that Sikhism, in its pristine form, can be looked upon as a sect of Islam.

Baba Nanak, by birth, was a Hindu. The elasticity of Hinduism makes it difficult to draw a line, crossing which a man ceases to be a Hindu. Deficiency in one's beliefs in the doctrines of Hinduism can be compensated by one's way of living and customs. But if one mixes with Muslims to such an extent that he eats and drinks with them and publicly performs religious rites of Islam, one would never be tolerated by Hindu society. The whole history of Sikhism shows that its founder, though born a Hindu, mixed with Muslims, joined in their prayers and performed other Islamic obligations, all in public. He wore none of the marks of Hindus upon him. On the other hand, he dressed like a Muslim and had all the insignia of a Muslim faqir on him. He passed his days with Muslim pirs and saints and ate and drank with them. It was a Muslim sufi he constantly turned to for advice and there is not a single instance in his life which indicated that he bowed his head to a Hindu pandit. There are many places associated with his name, where he is known to have performed Chillas, Nanak's chilla at Sirsa, a small town in the Punjab, is an example. (Chilla is an Islamic form of meditation). Travelling through Muslim countries he reached Mecca where he performed Haj (pilgrimage) and is also known to have visited the holy city of Medina. His choicest friend during these travels was a Muslim, Sheikh Farid, in whose company he passed twelve years of his life. Baba Nanak, while on pilgrimage, dressed like a pilgrim, carried with him a stick, Quran, a prayer mat and a water jug for performing ablution. Even his first four successors are represented in pictures as Muslims, carrying rosaries in their hands.

Guru Nanak also married in a Muslim family. This point is very important because no respectable Muslim family would have taken Nanak as a son-in-law, unless he was known to be a Muslim. Nanak lived in a country under Muslim rule where the marriage of a Muslim woman to a non-Muslim would on no account be tolerated. This clearly indicates that Guru Nanak was accepted as a Muslim by his contemporaries.

The Chola, or the cloak of Baba Nanak, is the holiest relic of the Guru and is preserved in Dera Baba Nanak, a small village in Gurdaspur District of the Punjab. This is a cloak which Nanak wore in his life-time and it is considered so sacred that his immediate followers took every care to keep it safe. The regard and reverence rendered to the Chola by the Sikh community is a testimony to the authenticity of the cloak. The words of Guru Nanak as contained in the Guru Granth Sahib (Sikh scriptures) were not collected until the time of Guru Arjan Dev, the fifth Guru, and therefore cannot be relied upon as accurate particularly as Sikhism had by that time assumed an attitude of hostility towards Islam. But the Chola is clear from this charge, because it was handed down by Nanak himself and has come down to our times in its original condition. It is commonly alleged that verses from different scriptures in different languages are written on the Chola. But this is not true. The verses chosen for writing on the Chola are quotations from the Holy Quran as revealed by photographs recently taken. The religion followed by the man can be none other than Islam.

But strangely, the misconception has gained upper hand in the case of Chola as in the case with teachings of Baba Nanak, which, in spite of being purely Islamic, came by and by to be looked upon as a compromise between Hinduism and Islam.

The congruence of the teachings of Baba Nanak with those of the Holy Quran is so perfect that one cannot escape the conclusion that the Guru had accepted Islam as his religion. He declared that there was One God and He was the same for all and that He was formless. There is none else who is equal to Him. He is the sole Creator of this Universe. Everything is created by Him. He is the ultimate determinant in terms of all forms of His creation.

Sikhism believes in a one and formless God and it does not believe in idol worship. According to it, idol worship promotes attachment of God with something other than God and God cannot limit Himself in the form of an idol or a stone. He is beyond everything and in everything at the same time.

Sikhism does not believe in Avatar, i.e. God descending on earth to protect humanity. On the other hand, it believes that there are men who are spiritual to the highest degree, are blessed souls and therefore are assigned the duty to liberate humanity from its continual suffering.

The book Janam Sakhi of Bala Sahib is an authoritative source of Sikhism. Bala was Nanak's constant companion and he accompanied his Master for twenty years during his travels. It is true that in Janam Sakhi one finds much fiction mixed with facts. Bala was a Hindu and after Nanak's death, estrangemant of Sikhism from Islam had started. As such any statement contained in Janam Sakhi in favour of Islam has the weight of a hostile witness.

The following passages are quoted from the third edition of Bala Sahib's Janam Sakhi, printed by the press, Anarkali, Lahore in the early part of this century.

On page 134 of Janam Sakhi, we read, The Quran is divided into thirty sections, proclaim thou, this Quran in the four comers of this world. Declare the glory of one name only for none other is an associate with me. Nanak proclaims the word of God that came to him, thou hast been granted the rank of Sheikh, so thou shouldst abolish the worship of gods and goddesses and the old Hindu idol - temples.

The fundamental article of the Islamic faith, the Kalima, has been given the greatest stress in Janam Sakhi. A few Shaloks (verses) from this Sakhi read:

I have repeated one Kalima, there is none other.
I have repeated one Kalima, there is none other.

Those who repeat the Kalima and are not devoid of the faith, shall not be burned on fire.

Repeat the Holy Kalima of the Prophet, it shall cleanse thee of all sins.

By repeating the Kalima, the punishment of this world, as well as the next is averted.

Who ever repeats the Kalima, how shall he be punished? the merit of repeating the Kalima is that a person is cleansed of his sins.

In Bala's Janam Sakhi, we also read that during his pilgrimage to Mecca, Baba Nanak met Qazi Rukn-ud-Din, the Imam and had long conversations with him. It is reported that Nanak said, 0: Rukn-ud-Din, it is written in the Book (i.e., the Quran) that those who drink wine or 'Bhang' shall be punished on the Day of Judgement.
Baba Nanak was not a Muslim in belief only. He recognised the necessity of worship in the form enjoined by Islam and laid stress on this point in his teachings. On page 193 of Bala's Janam Sakhi, we have: Nanak said, 0: Rukn-ud-Din, hear from me the true reply: the saying of the Lord is written in the Book. That person will go to hell who does not repeat the Kalima, who does not keep the thirty fasts, and does not say the five prayers, who eats what is not lawful for him. These shall receive the punishment and the fire of the bottomless pit shall be his abode. It is also reported that Baba Nanak kept fasts for a whole year at Mecca and put his fingers in his ears and gave the call to prayer. It is also related that Nanak recited the Khutba of the Prophet and became happy.

The few quotations are sufficient to show that Nanak not only made a full confession of the absolute truth of Islam but also performed the obligations of Islamic law and enjoined others to follow them. Now the question arises how the religion preached by Nanak came to be identified as an offshoot of Hinduism. Anybody who is acquainted with the history of Sikhism would reach the conclusion that the transformation was due to political, not religious reasons.

Baba Nanak was not a mere convert to Islam. He felt he had been called to act as a spiritual guide and to take people into his discipleship after the manner of many Muslim sufis. This has lead later historians to conclude that Baba Nanak founded a new cult which took into his fold Muslims as well as Hindus and hence Sikhism was a compromise of the two religions. We have to reject this conclusion because no Muslim disciple of Nanak is known to have given up his belief in Islamic principles nor to have acted against any Islamic injunctions regarding prayers and fasting. Punjab, at the time of Nanak, was under Muslim rule and if Nanak had converted any Muslim to a faith other than Islam, he would have been sentenced to death for apostacy, (though it is un-Islamic to the core!) was strictly enforced by all Muslim rulers in the Middle ages, but Nanak's disciples were not harmed in any way let alone being stoned to death. This clearly shows that Nanak was looked upon as a Muslim sufi by his contemporaries. It is indeed difficult to explain fully the causes which led to the identification of Sikhism with Hinduism rather than with Islam. But so subtle and variant are generally the causes which shape the religious thought of a people, that a complete satisfactory explanation is often impossible in such matters.

The transformation of Christ's monotheistic teaching to Paulean Trinity offers a greater difficulty when one analyses the course of history. Originally a branch of Judaism, it soon developed into a movement entirely opposed to the parent religion. As plainly as Guru Nanak said that the injunctions of the Islamic law should be followed to attain salvation, Jesus also insisted that the Mosaic law was under no circumstances to be altered. Within a single generation, however, his teachings were altered, lock stock and barrel. Baba Nanak took Hindu disciples, but did not insist on their outright conversion to Islam. They could call themselves Hindus with their traditional life-style and still continue to be in his company.

Nanak probably knew that those who really accepted him as their Master, would ultimately follow him in the Islamic way. There is a strong reason to believe that with Nanak's death the influx of Muslims into his movement stopped all together. It was his personal charisma that drew Muslims towards him, and won their conviction that he was a Muslim saint. Accordingly, Nanak's death was the turning point and with this, the Muslim element began to disappear. The movement remained in the hands of Hindu disciples, who, by lapse of time, relapsed into their old faith. The political circumstances accelerated this estrangement. The culmination of this can be seen from the perception of the tenth Master Guru, Gobind Singh Ji, that the power of God on the earth was symbolised by the khanda, a double edged sword. From the fifth Guru, Arjun Dev, onwards, the Islamic elements started disappearing from Sikh literature including the Granth Sahib with only some of these teachings remaining in some Janam Sakhis written earlier.

My brother I advise you to convert to Islam this instant. And stop being a slave to Hindus.

He perform the Hajj, and even Prayed Salah.

What ruined everything were the Gurus who came after him, like Guru Gobind Singh who introduced the 5 K's, kirpaan, kara, etc...at all times.

It was Gobind Singh who changed the teachings of Guru Nanak - he lived his life and the books written about him are full of many fallacies.

What his personal beliefs were Allahu 'alam, but I do not think that it is appropriate to label Guru Nanak as a non-Muslim. He was a student as someone has already said, of Baba Farid 'Shakar-Ganj.'
Reply

SUMMAYAH
02-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Subhanallah.
Reply

IceQueen~
02-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Can I just ask- why do you want info on shiism? Are you trying to choose between sunni and shia...?
Reply

Malaikah
02-28-2007, 10:53 AM
:sl:

Congrats, mashaallah, I hope you now know why sufism and shiasm are both sinful!
Reply

AmarFaisal
02-28-2007, 11:42 AM
Mashallah, ur a lucky man that Allah chose to guide you and also you urself are strong and clear minded to know the good from wrong. May allah bless us all.Ameen
Reply

SuperJatt
02-28-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by IceQueen~
Can I just ask- why do you want info on shiism? Are you trying to choose between sunni and shia...?
No, I just started out thinking. I wanted to look into it. I'm going to stay as a Sunni. The Shias, disgrace the companions of the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and make unfounded accusations against them.

I'm fine on the Salafi path.
Reply

SuperJatt
02-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Malaikah
:sl:

Congrats, mashaallah, I hope you now know why sufism and shiasm are both sinful!
Sufism. Such as this website are fine: http://www.tasawwuf.org/ I don't agree with Shia doctrine.
Reply

cali dude
02-28-2007, 03:14 PM
Oye SuperJatt, where did you copy this article from?

Please provide us with a copy of Bala Janamsakhi as well.

Find out what happened in Mecca. Guru Nanak Dev Ji went there and lay down with his feet towards Mecca and a Muslim saw him with his feet towards Mecca and asked him to move his feet in other direction. Guru Nanak Dev Ji asked the Muslim to move his in the direction where there is no God.

So he basically made the people realize that God was everywhere...



By the way, I hope this is the only you ever ask me to convert. In my simple theory, those who can't have peace on this earth, how can they ever go to a peaceful place after they die?
Reply

cali dude
02-28-2007, 03:16 PM
Oh by the way another reason why Guru Nanak Dev Ji couldn't be Muslim is music isn't even allowed in Islam as far as I understand and he loved music. Entire Guru Granth Sahib is in raagas. Apparently all gurus were very familiar with raagas.
Reply

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-28-2007, 06:06 PM
:sl:

Masha'Allah another revert from Sikhism. We had another brother who reverted from Sihkism on this very Forum. Alhamdullilah, Allaah guides whomsoever He wills.
Reply

NoName55
02-28-2007, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
What a load of codswollop! - I'm happy you've found something you believe in though!

Sat Shri Akal!



Oh jatta, watch what you type in regard to the Successors of Guru Nanak dev ji!

The above you posted is all off a muslim site i've encountered before.

I too can bring sources that discredit Mohammed, but I'm not shallow like you, so I would ask admin to delete his post out of respect to the Sikh religion!

Gur Fateh!



This is the whole point of Guru Nanaks mission. He did not embrace Islam. Prove it if he did!
Hello Brother,
when you get admin to delete his post, would you also get him delete some of yours as respect to my Faith. Such as the 1 where you subtly introduce the idea that Mulims have to hav 5 wives each or the one where you introduce (no doubt you were provoked that time) The Companions of our Prophet as His accomplices. we all know what an Accomplice is! don't we (you and I)

Thank you for reading my post!
Rabb Raakha
Reply

AvarAllahNoor
02-28-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by NoName55
Hello Brother,
when you get admin to delete his post, would you also get him delete some of yours as respect to my Faith. Such as the 1 where you subtly introduce the idea that Mulims have to hav 5 wives each or the one where you introduce (no doubt you were provoked that time) The Companions of our Prophet as His accomplices. we all know what an Accomplice is! don't we (you and I)

Thank you for reading my post!
Rabb Raakha
Of course! - If you look back, I do not try to make trouble here, I try to learn and answer questions on my faith. But when somebody makes flaming remarks about my religion (first) then the natural reaction is to retaliate brother.

I'm here to discuss and debate and have a laugh. Just like most. Allah is one, and we are all his children.

Gur Fateh
Reply

NoName55
02-28-2007, 08:25 PM
@ any sikh brother,

Is some one here implying that Wahe guru is bound by time like we are or is He free of time and space restraints thus being able look and see at any place, anytime regardless of it being past, present or futre

Please I would appreciate it if brother cali would ignore me and not reply to my question since, I neither have the energy nor any inclination to fight a "holy war" by resurrecting centuries old fueds on which I had no control over since I've only been been born once thus I can say with certainty that I am not a re-incarnation of auranzaib.
Reply

AvarAllahNoor
02-28-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by NoName55
@ any sikh brother,

Is some one here implying that Wahe guru is bound by time like we are or is He free of time and space restraints thus being able look and see at any place, anytime regardless of it being past, present or futre

Please I would appreciate it if brother cali would ignore me and not reply to my question since, I neither have the energy nor any inclination to fight a "holy war" by resurrecting centuries old fueds on which I had no control over since I've only been been born once thus I can say with certainty that I am not a re-incarnation of auranzaib.
LOL! :D

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh (Pure Ones Belong To God, Victory To God)

Waheguru is not bound by anything he is emancipated from everything. That is why I find it hard to fathom people saying God is in 7th Heaven only, Which implies he is bound for above only!
Reply

Islam_sister
03-01-2007, 01:19 AM
ALHUMDULILAH:D Masha'allah.. Congrats on your Reversion to islam..
MAY ALLAH SWT grant you happiness in your life.. AMEEN!

And Amen to the earlier dua's.

WOW!.. MASHA'ALLAH im just soo HAPPY FOR YOU..lol.. WOW!!
:D :):D:D
Reply

Asyur an-Nagi
03-01-2007, 07:28 AM
this thread makes my day:)
Reply

AmarFaisal
03-01-2007, 10:18 AM
I have read this thread n it is gone from a situation where we shud be congratualating this person for accepting Islam to a thread where Sikhs n Muslims r arguing abt their religions.

All this argument has a lot of reference to history. I recomend, do not trust blindly anything said in history whether abt Muslims or Sikhs or Hindus. We live in today, n r strong on our beleives. Live n let others live, rather than throwing dirt on one another. Respect others religion n u shall get the same in return. PEACE!
Reply

islamistheway
03-01-2007, 12:16 PM
:sl: Sub7anallah that you have reverted to Islam. You can get loads of information about the differences in Sunni Islam as well as Shia Islam. May Allah guide you to the right path...
:thumbs_up
:sl:
Reply

TABS19
03-01-2007, 01:22 PM
I am amazed too where this thread has lead to....

Anyways.....SuperJatt, where are you?

Seems like you're confused and incorrect about Islam as well as Sikhism. What a reason to revert....because it's simple??? I just find it amazing how someone can revert into another religion without even knowing the basics.
Reply

aamirsaab
03-01-2007, 01:34 PM
:sl:
Originally Posted by TABS19
I am amazed too where this thread has lead to....

Anyways.....SuperJatt, where are you?

Seems like you're confused and incorrect about Islam as well as Sikhism. What a reason to revert....because it's simple??? I just find it amazing how someone can revert into another religion without even knowing the basics.
You may have missed his recent posts where he did explain :)

As far as this thread is concerned, there's around 3 pages worth of off topic posts and since the thread title is So I've finally converted to Islam one would think the thread starter would have the bulk of either the posts or post content. This is far from the case since I've read around 3 pages on various different gurus, their teachings and whether or not certain gurus were in fact muslim. My suggestion is: create a seperate thread about any of those specific things and keep this thread on topic.
Reply

Eesa Abdullah
03-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by SuperJatt
Salaam. Yeah I just decided to accept Islam after looking at a few other religions, Islam was straight forward and simple.

Christianity: didn't make any sense the bible tells you to be like Jesus, and according to the NT/OT Jesus was a god - how the hell is a Human supposed to be like a god? :heated: just doesn't make any sense. And Ahmad Deedat has me convinced, Jesus existed and he was not crucified. And 99% of Christianity is the work of Paul.

Judaism: It just put me off, when I saw all the dissin' I mean the Virgin Mary was labeled a *****. I really don't even see the point why Christians get along better with the Jews then then Muslims, when the Jews diss Jesus and his mother - while the Qu'ran holds them in high esteem.

Hinduism: Hindu gods raping their own daughters - not my kind of reading, incorporation of the racist caste system, cannibalism and mass wife burning.

Buddhism: no god = no nothing, so its illogical to follow Buddhism.

Sikhism: There is evidence to suggest that Guru Nanak, was most likely a Muslim then a Hindu or a Sikh, he prayed with Muslims, he ate with Muslims, his best friend was a Muslim, he went to mecca near the Kabbah, and we all know non-Muslims are not allowed near the Kahhbah. Conclusion he was a Muslim not a Sikh, all Sikhs should convert to Islam and me Muslims. I mean Sikhism says all paths lead to one destination so it doesn't really matter what religion you follow according to Sikhism. If I was a Sikh I would convert to Islam.

--------------

Although in Islam I don't get this Sunni and Shia deal? Anyway I want to learn more about Shiasam if anyone has good links and info then pass then on to me.
Brother,

May Allaah (swt) keep you on the path of Islaam.

The following link is a insightful one:

http://allaahuakbar.net/shiites/index.htm

http://www.islamfortoday.com/shia.htm

http://www.--------------/encyclopedia/

The above links insh'Allaah ta'alaa should give you a grasp in to the Shi'a and their religion.

Wasalaam
Reply

NoName55
03-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Salaam Alaikum

allaahuakbar.net/ hates every one, not a very nice place to get hidahya from!

they can't stand the sight of people like me either!
Reply

AvarAllahNoor
03-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
a respected person like ur Guru dressed like a Hadji when he was not really ? Don't u think , u r accusing ur Guru to told lie to people ?

]
How many times must this be said? - He did not DISGUISE. If you type in google Guru Nanak and then click images, you will see how in his painting he is shown to be wearing the attire that muslims would think would make him stand out as a muslim. ONCE AGAIN HE DID NOT DISGUISE HE WORE CLOTHES OF THIS SORT THROUGHOUT HIS LIFE!

Gur Fateh
Reply

HIJABI***
03-01-2007, 03:01 PM
MASHALLAHcongratulations brother may allah grant you a gud and happy life
Reply

AbuAbdallah
03-01-2007, 03:10 PM
salaam,

As far as this thread is concerned, there's around 3 pages worth of off topic posts and since the thread title is So I've finally converted to Islam one would think the thread starter would have the bulk of either the posts or post content. This is far from the case since I've read around 3 pages on various different gurus, their teachings and whether or not certain gurus were in fact muslim. My suggestion is: create a seperate thread about any of those specific things and keep this thread on topic.
I totally agree.
Reply

cali dude
03-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by aamirsaab
:sl:


You may have missed his recent posts where he did explain :)

As far as this thread is concerned, there's around 3 pages worth of off topic posts and since the thread title is So I've finally converted to Islam one would think the thread starter would have the bulk of either the posts or post content. This is far from the case since I've read around 3 pages on various different gurus, their teachings and whether or not certain gurus were in fact muslim. My suggestion is: create a seperate thread about any of those specific things and keep this thread on topic.
If there were nothing offensive in this thread, it wouldn't get to this point. So for future, you should edit the offensive stuff...
Reply

NoName55
03-01-2007, 03:37 PM
:sl:

@ people of reason:
please read post100 by clicking here

:w:
Reply

TABS19
03-01-2007, 03:49 PM
You may have missed his recent posts where he did explain

As far as this thread is concerned, there's around 3 pages worth of off topic posts and since the thread title is So I've finally converted to Islam one would think the thread starter would have the bulk of either the posts or post content. This is far from the case since I've read around 3 pages on various different gurus, their teachings and whether or not certain gurus were in fact muslim. My suggestion is: create a seperate thread about any of those specific things and keep this thread on topic.
Sorry, but he did not explain why he reverted to Islam.

SuperJatt said something about Islam being simple, sufism, smoking and dancing....and then copied a page of incorrect information from another site about Sikhism.
Reply

SATalha
03-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by SuperJatt
Sorry, I don't understand. When you say innovation, it seems you're saying that is bad. Anyway I've been learning about Sufism, and it seems pretty cool. All the mystical aspects of it like mind over matter and deep meditation. I've even been reading about Hassan-i-Sabah, some real interesting people.

You should learn about Sufism its really cool check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sufism
Bro you need to think before you act. This is realy simple our actions should only be based on the Phrophet Muhammad PBUH. THATS IS ALL. So to judge what is right and wrong find out if our Phrophet did this. You will start seeing that most of these teachings that you are learning about our Phrophet PBUH did not do. If he did not do it than we should not do it, hence Sunnah= Sunni.
Reply

Abdihakim
03-04-2007, 10:12 PM
okay wierd thread...

mashaAllah congrz bro *the original starter of this thread*on excepting islam.
may Allah guide to His right way.. ameen

:w:
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-06-2011, 04:28 PM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 01:44 PM
  3. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 04:49 PM
  4. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 09:26 PM
  5. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 07:48 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!