/* */

PDA

View Full Version : VisualAyaat

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-16-2005, 09:13 PM
:sl:
I have been working on this new idea of mine. I was thinking about those people who don't understand arabic and hence, they cannot appreciate Qur'anic recitation as much, so I decided to make videos with qur'anic recitation synchronized with some pictures and the translation.

I finished the first one, which is Suratun-Nur 24:35, and its about 260 megabytes.

Does anyone know how I can upload it on the net?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Arwa
04-16-2005, 09:16 PM
yousendit.com

would that work? :confused:

your idea sounds really cool

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-16-2005, 09:28 PM
I don't need to send it to any particular e-mail address. How do I just upload the file to a url?

kadafi
04-16-2005, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
I don't need to send it to any particular e-mail address. How do I just upload the file to a url?
:sl:, you can send it to your own e-mail and use the url as a download link for others.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansar Al-'Adl
04-16-2005, 10:49 PM
Okay good idea. What is the best video format for a movie? avi? mov? dv?

Danish
04-17-2005, 09:21 AM
LOL, akhi r u kidding? 260 Mb is HUGE!!!
, you can send it to your own e-mail and use the url as a download link for others.
If it's small i upload it towardsislam, send me the file. No kadafi u can't link to an attachment of email -- it will give security error.

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-17-2005, 09:50 PM
So how should I send it? And what format is best for videos on the net?

BlissfullyJaded
04-18-2005, 02:48 AM

Bro, you would be able to use yousendit.com. E-mail it to your own e-mail address, and it will e-mail a URL where the file will be accessable, and you can give us that URL. :) But yousendit.com only keeps it up for a limited amount of time. So once you put up there, maybe bro Danish can then upload it... *unsure*

And sorry, I really don't know what movie file type is the best.

Umm Yoosuf
04-18-2005, 10:02 AM
Assalaamu Alaykum. Masha Allah good idea!

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-18-2005, 12:06 PM
I think I'll make it .mov

how big can it be? 100mb? 50mb? 20mb?

JazakAllah khair
:w:

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-16-2005, 09:23 PM
What if I make it a flash file? How do I do that?

ahm
05-16-2005, 09:39 PM

Use Xvid encoder (AVI) and virtual dub to change from your raw video to Xvid.

If you got Premiere, then you just need the Xvid codec installed (don;t need virtualDub).

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-16-2005, 09:45 PM
:confused:

Do you know any programs for macs?

ahm
05-17-2005, 05:58 AM

You got premiere? Any video editor should do as it should use installed codecs for encoding. So e.g. I got preimer installed, when I export video I can choose realmedia, quicktime movie, windows avi (indeo, intel, RLE, angel potion, DivX or Xvid). Once you choose Avi, then Xvid, then you can choose compression rate like you do when making mp3s. Google some of these XviD QT component, ffmpeg, MediaPipe, mencoder, and OpenShiiva.

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-17-2005, 08:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahm
You got premiere? Any video editor should do as it should use installed codecs for encoding. So e.g. I got preimer installed, when I export video I can choose realmedia, quicktime movie, windows avi (indeo, intel, RLE, angel potion, DivX or Xvid). Once you choose Avi,
I understand up to here, I made the movie avi. Under avi I have the options for 1x cd, 2x cd, and animation. I just chose default.

then Xvid, then you can choose compression rate like you do when making mp3s. Google some of these XviD QT component, ffmpeg, MediaPipe, mencoder, and OpenShiiva.
I don't understand this part. How do I "Xvid" ? I'm using iMovie by the way.

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-17-2005, 08:38 PM
:sl: You want me to send you the avi file? Its about 24 mb.

Ibn Syed
05-17-2005, 09:15 PM
Great idea Ansar. I would enjoy watching them as I do not understand Arabic. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :shade: :D :) :brother:

Abu Zakariya
11-23-2005, 09:08 PM
How's it going with this Ansar?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!