View Full Version : Petroleum price at your place

Selising
03-02-2006, 05:50 AM
I would like to know the price of petroleum at ur place in USD

In Malaysia it just went up few days back and now is RM1.90=USD0.51

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
03-02-2006, 08:16 AM
Maybe at the moment only we have increased our petrol price. 30 sen per litre - the highest ever! Now everything would be increasing too except streamyx and SMS.

Luckily, I knew the price will go up at 10.30 pm (my father's friend, a petrol stations owner told us). I went to his station and pumped the oil full tank!!!:grumbling

S_87
03-02-2006, 01:29 PM
:sl:

england is much more expensive :p

Smok
03-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Around 3.80 PLN per litre - circa $1

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Halima
03-07-2006, 08:59 PM

In U.S its like $3.00 per galloon and the highest was $7.00 per galloon.

:w:

Mawaddah
03-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Here in the Bahamas it's around 4.50 USD but they're saying it might go up to 6 dollars soon, not sure :?

BlissfullyJaded
03-08-2006, 02:53 AM

$2.30 / gallon in Southern California (this area of Southern California anyways). Highest was $3.00. Differs from state to state... :)

Selising
03-08-2006, 03:10 AM
In Malaysia it went up 30 cents recently from RM1.52 to RM1.92 per liter. A gallon is about 4 litres, right? Petrol is among controlled items. People was so angry with it since it also cause raising of price of all other goods. The rice, fish, chicken, flour, cooking oil, sugar, breakfast, lunch, name it, all went up.

Don't ask me about income per capita. It is nonsense. A new executive, uni graduate will get RM2K for his first job. Assume increment about 3-6% a year. Some will get 10%. Don't talk about extraordinary people like my CEO. He was a CEO of a GLC with 22,000 staffs at 38yrs old. With car price for 850cc around 35K, a Honda City at 89K, the cheapest brand new Mercedez around 250K. I'm so jealous of you guys talking about nice cars. We cant afford to buy it.

cleo
03-08-2006, 03:30 AM
Montana, USA, gas is $2.03 gal.

north_malaysian
03-09-2006, 06:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Selising
In Malaysia it went up 30 cents recently from RM1.52 to RM1.92 per liter. A gallon is about 4 litres, right? Petrol is among controlled items. People was so angry with it since it also cause raising of price of all other goods. The rice, fish, chicken, flour, cooking oil, sugar, breakfast, lunch, name it, all went up.

Don't ask me about income per capita. It is nonsense. A new executive, uni graduate will get RM2K for his first job. Assume increment about 3-6% a year. Some will get 10%. Don't talk about extraordinary people like my CEO. He was a CEO of a GLC with 22,000 staffs at 38yrs old. With car price for 850cc around 35K, a Honda City at 89K, the cheapest brand new Mercedez around 250K. I'm so jealous of you guys talking about nice cars. We cant afford to buy it.
1) I understand that Government subsidized billions for our petroleum usage. But why Government loves to do unnecessary things that involve lots of flowers, dancers, singers for some stupid occasion. Government must lear to spend wisely too. They ask us to go to work with bicycle (Perlis Chief Minister, shahidan Kassim). Would he cycle to work?:? Ong Ka Ting is th only minister using public transport. Others? Mercedes!!

2) nowadays, for many fresh university graduate. RM1,200 per month is a DEAL. It's hard to get job nowadays.

3) Imported cars sold in Malaysia is the most expensive in the region because the government dont want it to compete with locallly made cars and imposed lots of tax on imported cars.

4) Petrol price going up, automatically other things will go up too. But our salary still not going up.

5) Malaysians are nice people, even if government increase the price to RM50.00 per litre, we will just doing nothing. If it's done In Indonesia, for sure the government will be removed. Malaysian government is so lucky to have 'silent' citizens.:?

Beardo
06-17-2009, 04:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

$2.30 / gallon in Southern California (this area of Southern California anyways). Highest was $3.00. Differs from state to state... :)
it;s going up...

Whatsthepoint
06-17-2009, 06:09 PM
1.5335796 $/litre
thats 5.80523028 per gallon

Al-Hanbali
06-17-2009, 06:11 PM
UK is too much ...

It's almost £1 a litre....

ardianto
06-18-2009, 04:45 PM
There are two kind of gasoline that sale in Indonesia.
First. Standard gasoline with octane level 87. We call it premium gasoline.
Second. Higher octane gasoline with octane level 94-98. We call it super or premix or another name. This is a gasoline for higher compresion ratio engine.
In the past some European cars must use super gasoline, but since 90's almost all of cars that sale in Indonesia can use premium gasoline.

Premium gasoline price currently is IDR 4,500 (Approx USD 0.41). Actually this is subsidized price. The highest price was IDR 6,000 at 2008 until early of 2009 when oil price was in the top.
Another gasoline price is higher, around IDR 6,600 - IDR 9,000.
Diesel fuel is IDR 4,200.

Premium gasoline is sale only in gas station that own by Indonesian oil company, Pertamina. Other gas station that owned by Shell, BP, or Petronas not allowed to sale IDR 4,500 premium gasoline. No wonder if you can see a contrast situation. Pertamina's gas station is always full of cars or motorbikes, and other gas station is empty. So, you can play rollerskate on that gas station until you bore.

format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
1) Malaysians are nice people, even if government increase the price to RM50.00 per litre, we will just doing nothing. If it's done In Indonesia, for sure the government will be removed. Malaysian government is so lucky to have 'silent' citizens.:?
Fuel price is a very sensitive thing in Indonesia. If government increase the price into IDR 11,000 (USD 1). People, mainly students will make protest in everywhere, and some politicians will say "This current government is never care to people !, ........ bla,...bla,...bla,.......... so, in next election you must vote for us, not them !". That's typically Indonesian politician. :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.