/* */

PDA

View Full Version : .: Evening of Inspiration 2006 :.

A7med
03-02-2006, 06:01 PM
:sl:

i recived this e-mail from Islmaic Relief about their forthcomin events.......

http://www.islamic-relief.com/uk/eve...tion/index.htm
Sorry if this has been posted........couldnt see it any where though

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
1m@@n
03-02-2006, 06:09 PM
Asalamoalaikum wr wb...

inshaAllah im gna be goin to this one. theres gna be talks 2 ryt?

walaikum Asalaam wr wb

Hijaabi22
03-04-2006, 12:09 PM
[S]As far as I know sis, only gonna be nasheeds, may also be islamic comedy too, last year they had Azhar Usman, Man dat dude Is sooooo funny honestly, had me in stitches!!!!!:giggling: :giggling: :giggling: :giggling: Im DEF gna be goin 2 the Bradford 1, any1 else??

I cant wait, shud be gud inshaAllah[/S]

Hijaabi22
03-17-2006, 08:57 PM
any1 from bradford attendin this event?????????

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Helena
03-20-2006, 08:20 PM

am def going, went to da last years one, anybody frm london going?

:w:

arabian
04-14-2006, 04:46 PM
just went to the glasgow one last night...it was really good!!worthwhile to go.mostly nasheeds but there were some talks but basically about orphans and charity and where the money was going etc..but u shud go! :D

Starseeker
04-14-2006, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by helena

am def going, went to da last years one, anybody frm london going?

:w:
I'm going to the one in London. We're going to have the best performance because we are the best city!!!

A7med
04-14-2006, 07:15 PM
:( all TICKET for London are SOLD OUT!!! :(

Starseeker
04-17-2006, 04:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sarah999
I'm going to the one in London. We're going to have the best performance because we are the best city!!!
it was a really gud erformance last night - perhaps coz we r the best city lol
n1 else enjoy it last night - or was it only me?:hiding:

azim
04-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Salam.

Helped organise the one in Cardiff, didn't see all of it but I did see Zain Bhika's performance. Very good alhamdulillah.

AhlaamBella
04-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Yes alhamdulilah I really enjoyed his part.

ummAbdillah
04-20-2006, 04:30 PM
am not going :(
coz tickets are sold out

HumbleServant
04-21-2006, 12:04 PM
I went.. but I didnt like it at all.....:heated:

They had drums on stage and the musical instruments were excessive.. sorry, i meant they were EXCESSIVE..:heated:

*GIRLS SCREAMING
*SAMI YUSUF RECEIVING ROSES
*PEOPLE CLAPPING AND WHISTLING
*ROCK BAND STYLE MUSIC
*A MAN ON THE DRUMS - WHO DOES A SOLO WITH JUST THE DRUMS - THEN SAYS 'THIS IS FOR ALLAH, TAKBEER' - HOW DISGRACEFUL
*MEN WOMEN MIXED
I mentioned a few things to a few shaykhs - they all couldnt understand why i went in the first place, but since i did, [atleast ive learnt from it lol] - they go some of the things would fall under blasphemy - e.g. the drum thing above:offended:

zain bhikha doesnt use heavy drums in his nasheeds, his voice free album is great, and in his songs he sang on the day e.g. our world, orphan child, mountains of makkah - he used heavy drums and ruined it - it didnt even sound right.

Im not going again thats for sure.. and i wouldnt recommend it for anyone either...:X

and im going to send my view across to islamic relief as to how most of it was like a pop concert - and yes it was to raise money for children across the globe, but if thats the case then not to use the name of Islam before anything else.. believe me, it was not islamic.. the only difference between this and a 'girls aloud' concert was half the girls in this concert were wearing hijaab, half without, a few men had shalwar kameez on, most people were asian skinned, and well, yep, the singers and the presenters are muslim.:hiding:

Hijaabi22
04-22-2006, 01:23 PM
[PIE]man i had the best tym ever!!!

SAMI YUSUF ROCKED!!!!

ZAIN WAS TOP!! AND HIS SON!!

AND NATIVE DEEN WERE JUS AWWWWEEESSSOOOMMMMMEEEEE

I BET THE BRADFORD 1 WAS THE BEST OUTTA ALL OF EM!!![/PIE]

A7med
05-21-2006, 10:24 AM
hmmmmm
didnt seem to be to good from what iv heard :heated:

I Feel very uncomfortable about the pop culture which is growing around some so-called Nasheed artists. Of course I use the term ‘Nasheed artists’ very lightly. Islamic ‘boy bands’ and Muslim ‘popsters’ would probably be more appropriate.

Eminent scholars throughout history have often opined that music is haram, and I don’t recall reading anything about the Sahaba whooping it up to the sound of music. Don’t get me wrong. I’m all for people letting off steam, but in a dignified manner and one which is appropriate to their surroundings.

The reason I am expressing concern is that just a few days ago at a venue in Central London, sisters went wild in the aisles as some form of pop-mania swept through the concert venue. And I’m not just talking about silly, little girls who don’t know any better; I am talking about sisters in their 20’s, 30’s and 40’s, who squealed, shouted, swayed and danced. Even the security guys who looked more like pipe cleaners than bulldozers were left looking dazed and confused as they tried to stop hijabi sisters from standing on their chairs. Of course the stage groupies did not help at all as they waved and encouraged the largely female Muslim crowd to “get up and sing along.” (They’re called ‘Fluffers’ in lap-dancing circles!)

The source of all this adulation was British-born Sami Yusuf, who is so proud of his claret-colored passport that he wants us all to wave the Union Jacks. I’m amazed he didn’t encourage his fans to sing “Land of Hope and Glory.” Brother Sami asked his audience to cheer if they were proud to be British ,and when they responded loudly, he said he couldn’t hear them and asked them to cheer again.

By Yvonne Ridley

afriend2
05-21-2006, 10:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brown Clown
hmmmmm
didnt seem to be to good from what iv heard :heated:
salaam,

some of us lot have had quite a few words to say about the evening...and i think we all agreed that it wasn't good at all.

inshAllah its better to attend seminars...and when you give to Sadaqah you dont need an evening of "nasheeds" in return.

Allahu Alam

wassalam :peace:

Hijaabi22
05-30-2006, 09:08 PM
[PIE]i had a fab tym!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/PIE]

Hijaabi22
05-30-2006, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nazia
salaam,

some of us lot have had quite a few words to say about the evening...and i think we all agreed that it wasn't good at all.

inshAllah its better to attend seminars...and when you give to Sadaqah you dont need an evening of "nasheeds" in return.

Allahu Alam

wassalam :peace:
true true

but i still had a fab tym lol

1m@@n
05-30-2006, 11:17 PM
:salamext:

i missed it.....didnt go .....a lot of peeps have sed it wasnt all dat...

ws

SistaHH
06-16-2006, 05:30 PM
I knw it was ages ago but I went to the one in London and I relly enjoyed it.

$i$ter
06-17-2006, 11:47 PM
salaam...

i think da event was gr8! ...i went to da 1 in Manchester ...i was sooo luky bcz da tickets sold out & den abt 3 days b4 da event i was asked 2 help out!

i agree wid nazia abt attending seminars & stuff bt da thing we gta rememba is dat da reason y thy had mainly nasheed artist is bcz it ws a charity event & alhamdulillah they did rais a lot of money ....(ova 40,000 in manchester alone!)

jzkallah!

.................................................. ....
Think Twice! ...Coz Theres Another Day For YOU & ME In Paradise!...x

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.