/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Give me ideas

03-03-2006, 10:10 AM
:sl:

May Allah bless whosoever is reading this.

I need ideas, n i need them quick. My english teacher wants me (of all ppl:grumbling ) to write on 'women issues' and 'how to hold up one's religen' and i really have no idea wat i should write so if you can just give me any thing YOU would want to read... like what points should be more defined in such articles (it's an article for the skool yearbook) and what are the main issues out there that need to be discussed as such.

If you have any other topic in mind that's serious and is related to things that really do matter in life, please let me know.

Thankyou so much for giving this post due consideration. May Allah bless you.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
03-03-2006, 10:52 AM
lol dont panic sis. How about addressing the hijaab issue, misconceptions about it, why it's recommended, and definitely why belieivng women do NOT feel oppressed in hijaab. Also the reader may develope an interest to learn more about Islam. So goody goody! ;)

Hmm how to hold up one's religion.. do you mean how to maintain one's faith in the face of temptation or how to spread the word of Islam? Sorry im having a slow moment :giggling:

03-03-2006, 12:02 PM
thankyou so much sis.

in holding up religon it can be both. maintaining ones' faith in the face of temptation is something tht i'd rather discuss but how to spread islam is just as good.

so ideas! i need ideas!!

(sorry, i'm still panicky evn though u helped but i want sumthing that'll just... click!)

nishom
03-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Wasallam,

What about with regards to women's rights. You could explore the rights that women possess in contemporary Western societies with ragrds to education, voting, employment etc, and compare this to the Islamic stance on the rights of women in these various fields.Here there is the potential to ask questions such as can muslim women work, get an educationetc and the role they have to play in society and in Islam.You could question the idea of women as 'equals' in western societies when recent statistics have shown that women still earn significantly less than men. Furthermore women have only got the vote in this country within the last century. Another example that of ban of hijab in France schools which is an impedement on women's rights. You could here explore importtance of hijab, why women wear it, is it necessary, what benefits?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
03-03-2006, 01:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 08101990
thankyou so much sis.

in holding up religon it can be both. maintaining ones' faith in the face of temptation is something tht i'd rather discuss but how to spread islam is just as good.

so ideas! i need ideas!!

(sorry, i'm still panicky evn though u helped but i want sumthing that'll just... click!)
lolol sis calm down u aint gonna do it all in one day :giggling:
bro nishom's idea was good 2..
han so (God I can't think str8 today) :rollseyes the religion part..
i wanna help but dunno where to even begin.. umm it's a complex one that is
see i think that upholding one's religion is only difficult if islamic education has been poor from childhood.. it's hard for young people to pray salah if they dont know why they have to do it, why they have to fast, why they have to do anything islamically, if it hasnt been explained and instilled into them earlier..

lemme give u an example.. *cough* i wasnt brought up covering my head. All i heard was that the shaitaan peed on womens heads if they didnt cover up.. well that wasnt good enough for me was it? especially cuz i didnt feel a damp patch on ma head.. i was like uh is that even true?? no one told me nething otherwise.. i just thought islam was reading namaz and fasting and reading Quran.. :embarrass:

then when i hit 15 my dad was like cover ur head when u go to school.. i was like nooooo wayyyy.. there were only about 10 muslim girls in my year.. and about 20-30 in da whole school and no one covered their head.. so u can imagine how embarrasing it was for me.. so can u imagine thousands of kids are brought up like that.. not even knowing why they have to do things..

so, i guess firstly thats what makes it more difficult for younger ppl to practice islam.. and if u aint practicing what's there to hold up? :?

then when you do learn, sometimes it's difficult to put into practice what u now know cuz it's like you'll be different to ur friends now.. or u think that life wont be as much fun as it is now if u start praying 5 times and covering up, stop listening to music, watching films, partying, and stopping whatever seems fun to you now *pinch me im falling asleep*:uhwhat lol...

so basically it all boils down to ur religious education and the imaan that follows it... if it's weak then its gonna be hard to resist temptation.. but if you realise that this life is only a journey to the next..
you understand what Allah requires of you, you realise the obligations of being a muslim, you realise why ur even here.. you know the punishments and the rewards promised by Allah, then hmm it helps keep ur feet firmly on da straight and not so narrow ;)

sis sorry im really sleepy,, i might not have made sense but i jus wanted to help lol.. newayz hope u do well in the topic you choose to represent..

good luckkk *me is out for a coffee* /(~_~)\ zzzzzzzz

:w:

03-03-2006, 04:11 PM
oh thank you thank you thank you soooo much sis n bro

u both helped immensly.

i'm thinkin i'll blend the two topics! wat do u think?

oh n sis muslimah, i actually HAVE to do it in one day since my assessments start monday n i want this done today (it's 9 pm where i live) so i can concentrate harder on my studies! i'm still open for ideas till... let's see, the next 12 hours... yep, that's right. no sleep for me tonight. i'm gonna do at least ten articles n the one i like the best, i'll send it to my teacher, inshAllah.

God bless you both! And anyone else who's reading for that matter.

wasalam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.