/* */

PDA

View Full Version : muslim brothers with dogs

jeepster
04-17-2005, 01:49 PM
hey yesterday i went to my uncle's house by my own and heard a barking noise. i go to his garden and see a puppy. he tells me he bought it for cheap and only keeps it in the garden. is this right. share your views. my uncle is actually quite religious and always does pay zakat and prays. he says he really wants to keep it as it looks cute. must admit is does http://www.islamicboard.com/newthrea...newthread&f=7#
Tongue

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
04-17-2005, 04:49 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum Akhi.

That's really bizarre...Allah Knows Best.

Abu’l-Zubayr who said: “I asked Jaabir about the price of dogs and cats. He said, ‘The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade that.’” (Narrated by Muslim, 1569).

Your uncle brought the dogs but from ym understanding of the hadiths it's forbidden.

Dark Side
04-17-2005, 05:10 PM
It is forbidden for a Muslim to keep a dog other than for hunting purposes, guarding a farm, or guarding livestock. The prophet Muhammad said that anyone who keeps a dog other than for those reasons will have some of his good deeds taken away. And from what I can tell your uncles dog doesn't seem like it's for any of these purposes. You should talk to your uncle, maybe he doesn't know.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 39, Number 515: Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever keeps a dog, one Qirat of the reward of his good deeds is deducted daily, unless the dog is used for guarding a farm or cattle." Abu Huraira (in another narration) said from the Prophet, "unless it is used for guarding sheep or farms, or for hunting." Narrated Abu Hazim from Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "A dog for guarding cattle or for hunting."

niqaabii
04-17-2005, 08:31 PM
i kno i shldnt b saying this coz afta all they r the creation of allaah
but i TOTALLY hate dogs
i end up running away from them and aftawards i feel embaressed coz i run away from them when the main rd is packed out wid ppl and they b like what the hell is wrong wid dat gal
lolz

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
h1jabi_sista
04-17-2005, 08:38 PM
lolz aww bless you. i dont like the big ginormas dogs that are like twice the size of me and have a staring problem!!!!!! it freaks me out :)
small ones i can cope with......i think im going a tad off the topic :)

jeepster
04-21-2005, 07:29 PM
mashallah for your quick reply with some good information.

i have good news, my uncle sold off the dog. my grandad came and saw the dog and taught some sense into my uncle.

thanks brothers

jeepster
04-21-2005, 07:29 PM
mashallah for your quick reply with some good information.

i have good news, my uncle sold off the dog. my grandad came and saw the dog and taught some sense into my uncle.

thanks brothers & sisters

Mu'maneen
04-21-2005, 11:49 PM
Asalamu'Alycom

Another case when it is aloud to care for a dog, would be when it is sick and unable to defend itself outside. Even by caring for it and looking after it would be Hugh Hasanat from Allah. In this special case just try and avoid touching its mouth where the location of Saliva is. Also keep the dog outside the room of Prayer.

--------------------

Vist my new Islamic Site:
http://hstrial-besmail.homestead.com/islam.html

Ibn Syed
04-22-2005, 12:03 AM
:sl:
It is a good thing that your uncle removed the dog because otherwise his good deeds would have been lessened. Your grandfather got good deeds because he advised your uncle to get rid of the dog.
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.