/* */

PDA

View Full Version : History Channel To Air 'secrets Of The Koran'

solid_snake
03-04-2006, 12:12 AM
SECRETS OF THE KORAN, PART 1
Premieres: Thursday, March 2 @ 9pm ET/PT

The Koran--one of the most influential religious books of all time. Muslims worldwide believe the Koran is God's guidance, a sourcebook to help believers follow the right path. But much of the non-Muslim world sees the Koran as a text shrouded in mystery...and controversy. We'll attempt to demystify and explain the text: where it came from, what it says, and what it means. Like any holy scripture, the Koran can't be separated from its historical context. We'll examine the history of the verses and also their implications for modern times, as well as the striking similarities and differences between the Koran and the Bible--and the ways in which Muslims believe the Koran corrects some of the Jewish and Christian scriptures. The program will get at the heart of one of the world's holiest books, capturing its majesty and mystery and illuminating for the audience the very foundation of Islam.

SECRETS OF THE KORAN, PART 2
Premieres: Thursday, March 9 @ 9pm ET/PT

In this hour, we explore what role the Koran has played throughout Islamic history. From the 500-year Golden Age of Islam, to the legendary clashes of Muslim and Christian forces during the times of the Crusades, we'll identify what influence the Koran had on the individuals living out those momentous events. We also look at the use of the word jihad, its meaning within the Koran, and how the concept has been used by others including modern-day Islamic radicals. The messages in Islam's holy book have been used to launch some of the world's greatest civilizations, and at times its interpretations have been used as justification for acts of violence. We'll attempt to get at the heart of one of the world's holiest books, capturing its majesty and mystery, and illuminating for the audience the very foundation of Islam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jello
03-04-2006, 10:09 AM
:sl:

Seems like a good program, though I will wait for the viewers to decide how good it really turns out to be.

shariq_0189
03-05-2006, 12:11 AM
yeh i saw it ..it was amazing. talked about alot of great stuff.

FatimaAsSideqah
03-05-2006, 01:45 AM
Thanks for let me knw...i will watch it part 2 of Secret of the Koran..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
yasin
03-05-2006, 05:32 AM
has anybody here recorded the first part? will it be repeated?

Samee
03-05-2006, 05:19 PM
:sl:

I saw it on Thursday night, boy was it amazing. It did a good job explaining everything to people all the while adding nice imagery and sound to it to make it seem very good.

I can't wait for part II.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.