/* */

PDA

View Full Version : We need to watch our reactions over the cartoon issue

Andaraawus
03-04-2006, 02:37 AM
Bismillah ar Rahman Ar Rahim

Indeed conspiracy is of the devil that he may vex those who believe but he can harm them not at all except by Allahs permission so let the believers put their trust in Allah. 58:10 Quran

- must we get vex or is that want the devil wants?

The types of protests we have seen around the world and the horrid demonstrations of Muslims do not represent the core Islamic values that are outlined in the Quran and the Sunnah.

A Christian missionary spoke of Islam being “a faith that merely shouts slogans, stamps its feet and beats its breast in a mindless mob.”

It is not the faith of Islam that reflects this but an angry crowd of Muslims that have lost touch with the spiritual tradtion of Islam and the core Islmic values such as patience and justice.

Without thinking and reflecting on the situation, we have took to the streets in a state of rage only to play the role of how the media wants to potray us. A violent and angry crowd which is not in contrast with the statement of Allah found in the Quran:

And the servants of Allah the Mercyful are those who walk on the earth in humility and when the ignorant address them they say peace (25:63)

Instead we have took to the streets like crazed hooligans on a warpath burning flags that have sacred religious symbols on them, so this has turned into a tick for tack fight, Allah says in the Quran:

“And insult not those whom they (disbelievers) worship besides Allaah, lest they insult Allaah wrongfully without knowledge”. [al-An’aam 6:108]

This goes for sacred symbols as well, we do not destroy or burn crosses, this is for Jesus alone, only he has the right to destroy the cross so therefore we should not burn their flags lest they burn our Quran in ignorance which would be again an insult to Allah almighty.

more to come on this issue ...please also see the following links:

Imam Zaid Shakir speaks on the issue of the cartoons
The double standards and the blatant intention to demonise the muslims by the danish media
Does the primary sources of Islam promote terrorism?
Please sign the petition against the cartoons
Queen of Denmark shows her oppisistion to Islam
boycott the danish products
Who is Muhammad?
how would the Holy Prophet respond?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Andaraawus
10-16-2006, 07:15 PM
I thought it would be useful to to drag this back - now and again

muslimaprincess
10-16-2006, 08:08 PM
WELL SAID!!!!!!
Salamz just could not help but agree.
By the horrid protest we'v seen from around the world its just proved that this ummah does not practise what we preach...peace.
Is it not a duty for everyone of this ummah to protest with such rage and anger and take to the streets as mindless mobs when people of the same ummah commit horrid atrocities in the name of the divine???????????

muslimaprincess
10-16-2006, 08:13 PM
I mean where was the rage when the towers were hit IN THE NAME OF ALLAH(SWT)?
Where was the rage when hundreads of children and innocent parents were murdered in the blood bath of Beslan.....also INTHE NAME OF ALLAH(SWT)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wilberhum
10-16-2006, 08:15 PM
Good post.
To violently protest because some associate violence with Islam only shows that the association is valid. :hiding:

Islamicboy
10-16-2006, 08:31 PM
The reason muslims around the world did these protests was because they are very weak. Now the only way a muslim can have there voice heard is through violence. Even though i do disagree with these protest across the globe it did leave some impact. Comedy central was going to play south park cartoons long time ago with Prophet Muhammed S.A.W. in it. But the television station choose not to because they feared another violent protest.

Keltoi
10-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Of course, the so-called "Arab street" is infamous for drop of the hat protests, some are state sponsored. The news media will flock to an Arab protest and capture images of burning American and Israeli flags, burning of effigies, etc. I know there were violent and dangerous "demonstrations", but I'm careful not to associate the orgies of destruction plastered on news channels as a true indication of how the majority of Muslims reacted to the cartoons.

wilberhum
10-16-2006, 08:41 PM
Now the only way a muslim can have there voice heard is through violence.
Such a sad sad statement.
Violance is the only answer, if you are a violante person.

Islamicboy
10-16-2006, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimaprincess
WELL SAID!!!!!!
Salamz just could not help but agree.
By the horrid protest we'v seen from around the world its just proved that this ummah does not practise what we preach...peace.
Is it not a duty for everyone of this ummah to protest with such rage and anger and take to the streets as mindless mobs when people of the same ummah commit horrid atrocities in the name of the divine???????????
So now our prophets honor is being compared to 911. Muslims are told to love prophet Muhammed (allahs peace and blessing be upon him) more then our worldy material, more then our love ones, more then our parents, and more then ourself. Islam is peaceful to some extent we muslims love peace and want to live in peace. But some people who hate peace cannot be dealt with peace they should be dealt with violence as they bring violence. You do not go to war with love and peace you go with weapons and armor.

wilberhum
10-16-2006, 08:44 PM
But some people who hate peace cannot be dealt with peace they should be dealt with violence as they bring violence.
Are you talking about the violent demonstrators?

Erundur
10-16-2006, 08:45 PM
I had read this hadith from another site (don't know if I'm allowed to link to it) and it clearly somes up what the Prophet (pbuh) might have done and I feel that it completely goes with the beginning post.

“You do not do evil to those who do evil to you, but you deal with them with forgiveness and kindness.” (Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Islamicboy
10-16-2006, 08:52 PM
Europe is trying to fight physicological war here. They know if they slander Prophet Muhammed S.A.W we cannot slander Jesus Esa A.S.. The timing of the crusader pope right after sept 11/2006 pope makes his remarks about islam being violent Sept 12/2006. It just so happens he had to read the text the very next day. I will not condenm any type of anti danish or pope protest. Until europe condemn the cartoons and kicks pope off his seat.

http://www.streetdawah.com/DANCart0906.pdf

Andaraawus
10-16-2006, 08:56 PM
So now our prophets honor is being compared to 911. Muslims are told to love prophet Muhammed (allahs peace and blessing be upon him) more then our worldy material, more then our love ones, more then our parents, and more then ourself. Islam is peaceful to some extent we muslims love peace and want to live in peace. But some people who hate peace cannot be dealt with peace they should be dealt with violence as they bring violence. You do not go to war with love and peace you go with weapons and armor.
You misunderstood her, when commit commit attrocities in the name of Allah, it is just as bad as putting the name of Allah down the toilet, which officers at g bay did, due to september the 11th when they took a captives Qur'an a put it down the toilet. There are always consequences to think about. Those who stampeded in some love claim for the Prophet saws only blackened his name and reputation further. The ummahs a body, but it seems parts of the body is sleeping, specifically the brain.

wilberhum
10-16-2006, 08:58 PM
Until europe condemn the cartoons and kicks pope off his seat.
How does Europe "Condemn the cartoons"? Do you want an EU vote where every Europene can vote? Would you be satisfied with a 51% majority or do you need 100%? :hiding: :hiding:
And who is going to "Kick the Pope off his seat"? Another EU vote? :giggling: :giggling:

Andaraawus
10-16-2006, 08:59 PM
Wheres the crowds when it comes to marching into Palestine???
I agree its time to fight, theres also many diffferent levels and laws that go with that.

Islamicboy
10-16-2006, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Andaraawus
You misunderstood her, when commit commit attrocities in the name of Allah, it is just as bad as putting the name of Allah down the toilet, which officers at g bay did, due to september the 11th when they took a captives Qur'an a put it down the toilet. There are always consequences to think about. Those who stampeded in some love claim for the Prophet saws only blackened his name and reputation further. The ummahs a body, but it seems parts of the body is sleeping, specifically the brain.
Maybe muslims believe america had it coming. I think 911 shouldnt have happened but then agian i live in canada. It was the palestinians that danced on the streets.

Muezzin
10-16-2006, 09:08 PM
I agree that certain Muslims' violent reaction to the cartoons was completely wrong. Those that burned embassies or caused personal injury should be punished under the law.

Also, it's absurd to react violently when trying to deny an allegation that we are violent.

Wheres the crowds when it comes to marching into Palestine???
Wannabe cyber-jihadists would rather fight in Iraq and Afghanistan in some sort of perverse mirror-image of their gung-ho American and British counterparts. If we Muslims really cared about the Palestinians' suffering... they wouldn't be suffering right now. But we don't. We don't help them economically, we don't help them physically, we just whine that Israel has the help of a superpower and boycott her products without actually helping the people we feel sympathy for.

terrellowens
10-16-2006, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamicboy
Maybe muslims believe america had it coming. I think 911 shouldnt have happened but then agian i live in canada. It was the palestinians that danced on the streets.

So pardon me when I can't scrounge up any sympathy for the Palestinians (actually, I think it was more than just the Palestinians who danced). You could say that maybe Afghanistan 'had it coming', also.

Pk_#2
10-16-2006, 09:59 PM
Bismillah ar Rahman Ar Rahim

Indeed conspiracy is of the devil that he may vex those who believe but he can harm them not at all except by Allahs permission so let the believers put their trust in Allah. 58:10 Quran

- must we get vex or is that want the devil wants?
AsalamuAlaykum,

1) Your red, Big writing is getting on my nerves.

2) what** (mistake correct it) the devil wants...

3) sorry bro i couldn't read it all, it's a bit long, inshaAllah sum it up...

jazakhala anyways!

Andaraawus
10-16-2006, 10:47 PM
It was the palestinians that danced on the streets.
No bro, that was an old video clip potraying them to be happy at the attacks, the media can make anybody look criminal. It was prooved, however, that that video thy played was footage from many years before, it was convienient to their agenda to play it then.

Its not a matter of blame the Jews, no its more of a reality of the Israel lobby and their p.r's pulling the strings within the media machine.

wilberhum
10-16-2006, 11:00 PM
No bro, that was an old video clip potraying them to be happy at the attacks, the media can make anybody look criminal. It was prooved, however, that that video thy played was footage from many years before, it was convienient to their agenda to play it then.

Its not a matter of blame the Jews, no its more of a reality of the Israel lobby and their p.r's pulling the strings within the media machine.
Have a look at:
http://www.snopes.com/rumors/cnn.htm
CNN did not air decade-old footage of Palestinians dancing in the streets.
Some times the truth hurts.

Islamicboy
10-16-2006, 11:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by terrellowens
So pardon me when I can't scrounge up any sympathy for the Palestinians (actually, I think it was more than just the Palestinians who danced). You could say that maybe Afghanistan 'had it coming', also.

You are free to feel or think as you may. But the truth remains American policy was the case 911 happened. Now american policy has made soo many enemies around the world. I believe innocent civilians in any part of the world dont derserve to be killed. I disagree with all the 911 attacks all ways the target should be military. America has helped the people who did 911 by going around killing more civilians. America is responsible for killing thousands of palestians civilians. Palestians only danced on street that day was because they themselves could never attack america back or fight back. As they are really weak because of the so called muslim government.

Islamicboy
10-16-2006, 11:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Have a look at:
http://www.snopes.com/rumors/cnn.htm

Some times the truth hurts.
In Beirut, Even Christians Celebrated the Atrocity
from your website http://www.snopes.com/rumors/cnn.htm

wilberhum
10-16-2006, 11:20 PM
Palestians only danced on street that day was because they themselves could never attack america back or fight back.
What a great bunch. 3,000 inocents die and they dance.
I have never danced at anyone's death.
But then I don't live to hate.

Islamicboy
10-16-2006, 11:23 PM
What a great bunch. 3,000 inocents die and they dance.
I have never danced at anyone's death.
But then I don't live to hate.
Yep thats what happens when you kill one group of people in mass numbers. Eventually they will fight back in any way possible. If you were living in a refugee camp with your dad death or in prison. Your younger sisters leg broken because of a tank and your mom beaten by soldiers. And if you knew that america was responsible you too would dance maybe. You can deny it rigth now because you dont live in that condition.

wilberhum
10-16-2006, 11:28 PM
Fighting back and rejoyceing at the death of inocents are two different things. At least by my "Moral Compass". Yours must point in a different direction.

Andaraawus
10-16-2006, 11:35 PM
Bottom line, rejoicing at the death of innocent civilians is wrong, whether its Americans or Iraqis! but hey , please click this link let the truth be told

Erundur
10-17-2006, 05:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamicboy
It was the palestinians that danced on the streets.
The footage that was showed on CNN was a year prior to the 9/11 attacks during the entifada.

wilberhum
10-17-2006, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Erundur
The footage that was showed on CNN was a year prior to the 9/11 attacks during the entifada.
See Post #18 by me.

Andaraawus
10-17-2006, 06:08 PM
let the truth be told

Woodrow
10-17-2006, 07:12 PM
We can not control how others will treat us. But we all should have control over how we treat others.

When things are all said and done. I will not be required to explain how and why Mr. A did something to Mr.C. But, I will need to show why I did or did not do anything to all other people.

Let us not worry about the sins of others, unless we have the ability to prevent the sin. And remember committing a sin is not the way to eliminate a sin that is done against us.

Erundur
10-18-2006, 02:16 PM
See Post #18 by me.

You mean this? ^o)

muslimaprincess
10-19-2006, 09:19 AM
Thanks bro for clearing up the misunderstanding for us!!!

muslimaprincess
10-19-2006, 09:51 AM
Is it not true that had it not have been for those MINUTE fundamentalists who say they are waging a holy war, this controversy of the horrid cartoons and this much hatred for the beloved prophet (SAW) would not have existed????
I say with the help of Allah the almighty we should take some responsibilities and stand together and defend Islam from our own kind before we blame the Dhaaleen, for they have Allah to face and we have a duty upon us to stop our brothers in leading the ummah astray and to stop the confusion of weither or not these are the real teaching of our beloved prophet Muhammed (SAW).

Keltoi
10-19-2006, 03:23 PM
Is it not true that had it not have been for those MINUTE fundamentalists who say they are waging a holy war, this controversy of the horrid cartoons and this much hatred for the beloved prophet (SAW) would not have existed????
I say with the help of Allah the almighty we should take some responsibilities and stand together and defend Islam from our own kind before we blame the Dhaaleen, for they have Allah to face and we have a duty upon us to stop our brothers in leading the ummah astray and to stop the confusion of weither or not these are the real teaching of our beloved prophet Muhammed (SAW).
I think the issue you raised is an important one. There is a cause and effect to everything. Obviously Al-Qaeda and terrorist organizations don't represent Islam(at least I hope it is obvious), but when people around the world see videos on television of self-proclaimed Muslims beheading people and yelling "God is great" it is going to have an impact on how Islam is perceived, there is no way around it. Personally, I notice that many Muslims are more angry at the fact the video is shown at all, moreso than anger at those who created them. It is almost a form of denial at what impact extremists are having on their lives in the West and elsewhere. That denial makes some people point to a CIA cover-up and other conspiracies so they won't have to accept it. Which I can understand. If a Christian terrorist group started kidnapping Muslims, beheading them, and sent the videos to the media, I would be the first to say "These are not Christians". However, this is obviously going to have an impact on how Muslims view Christianity. I can imagine the number of threads that would be devoted to denouncing Christianity. I don't have the answer, but nothing is as simple as some would make it out to be.

sameer
10-19-2006, 04:04 PM
(SAW).
the prophet (saw) was ridiculed when he was alive, he was stoned when he was alive and ppl plotted agasint islam when he was alive. So the hatred was there and will always be there b4 and after the fundamentalists.
Dont make it look like the "fundamentalist" caused the hatred.

What u can say is that the "fundamentalist" maybe fueled the hatred and gave some ppl justification in their hatred., but the hatred would always be there.

wilberhum
10-19-2006, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sameer
the prophet (saw) was ridiculed when he was alive, he was stoned when he was alive and ppl plotted agasint islam when he was alive. So the hatred was there and will always be there b4 and after the fundamentalists.
Dont make it look like the "fundamentalist" caused the hatred.

What u can say is that the "fundamentalist" maybe fueled the hatred and gave some ppl justification in their hatred., but the hatred would always be there.
I think you should read Keltoi Post above. He makes more sense anyone else.

sameer
10-19-2006, 05:16 PM
I think you should read Keltoi Post above. He makes more sense anyone else.
i did and yes it does makes sense. But i was replying to the sister post. Re-read my post and u will see what i mean. I am not denying that the "fundamentalists" have anything to do with hate, however, the hate existed b4 those guys came allong. and by them doing all kinda of foolish things dosent help thing much.

wilberhum
10-19-2006, 05:39 PM
i did and yes it does makes sense. But i was replying to the sister post. Re-read my post and u will see what i mean. I am not denying that the "fundamentalists" have anything to do with hate, however, the hate existed b4 those guys came allong. and by them doing all kinda of foolish things dosent help thing much.
You forget that the fundamentalists have always existed.

MTAFFI
10-19-2006, 07:11 PM

I would also like to point out the Islam and Muslims were not the only ones who were hated before the attacks and recent events. Hate has been around since the beginning of man. Christians, Jews, Buddhist, Muslims everyone has always been hated by some person or some group. I guess my point is that the hate was dramatically increased after all of the recent events. (by certain groups of people) I personally dont hate anyone, although i hate the actions of some.

muslimaprincess
10-19-2006, 07:15 PM
ofcourse prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) had enemies in he's time, and not just him. Allah says in the qur'aan
"There never came a prophet onto the people whom they did not mock!"
Approximatly 124,000 prophets were sent down onto this earth, they all had enemies and they all suffered mockery and hardship from the unbelivers but dear brother Sameer my point is are any one of those 124,000 prophets still being mocked and in anyway hated in this day and age??? I think not!!!!Instead beloved prophets like Jesus and Noah and Aadam are highly respected in many belifes ....why? because the followers protray them as so.
Today due to these extremists who behead, murder, commit suicide and kill innocent men women and children in THE NAME OF ALLAH AND HE"S PROPHET (SAW) we the ummah have to indure painfull cartoons dipicting the prophet (SAW) with a bomb on he's head !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come on brother Samir surely these mindless murderers are 100 percent to be blamed.

wilberhum
10-19-2006, 07:50 PM
ofcourse prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) had enemies in he's time, and not just him. Allah says in the qur'aan
Approximatly 124,000 prophets were sent down onto this earth, they all had enemies and they all suffered mockery and hardship from the unbelivers but dear brother Sameer my point is are any one of those 124,000 prophets still being mocked and in anyway hated in this day and age??? I think not!!!!Instead beloved prophets like Jesus and Noah and Aadam are highly respected in many belifes ....why? because the followers protray them as so.
Today due to these extremists who behead, murder, commit suicide and kill innocent men women and children in THE NAME OF ALLAH AND HE"S PROPHET (SAW) we the ummah have to indure painfull cartoons dipicting the prophet (SAW) with a bomb on he's head !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come on brother Samir surely these mindless murderers are 100 percent to be blamed.
As I remember some fundamentalists added cartoons to inflaim more hate.
The ummah have to indure painfull cartoons dipicting the prophet (SAW) with a bomb on he's head as long as freespeach laws allow it. Sad but true.

sameer
10-19-2006, 08:00 PM

Errrr..i think u need to wake up. Offcourse the prophets are still mocked. How many degrading comics u see about Jesus? and moses in movies? and offcourse pictures of prophet Muhammad (saw). Howmany jokes u hear concerning them?

The hate will always be there. U think if all the fundamentalist got killed, ppl wont hate muslims still? they will only stop hating islam until it is watered down and mixed with secularism.

The hate may be fueled by the acts of some of these "fundamentalists"....but u have to be naieve to think that the hate didnt exist b4. eg....ppl have lived amonst muslims their entire lives and are friend with them....but soon as something happens they look at their muslim neighbors as terrorist, even though theyve know them all their lives (ie the hate/mistrust was always there otherwise they would have given their former beloved neighbors the benefit of the doubt). Look at what happened in Kosovo...what fundametalist had to do with that? that was pure hate.

And yes as MTAFFI said...hate existed b4 Muhammad.

Muezzin
10-19-2006, 08:22 PM
As I remember some fundamentalists added cartoons to inflaim more hate.
The ummah have to indure painfull cartoons dipicting the prophet (SAW) with a bomb on he's head as long as freespeach laws allow it. Sad but true.
I don't like what you say, but I admit that you're right. This whole situation is like being mired in quicksand - the more you struggle, the worse it gets. The best thing is to just stay calm and keep your wits about you.

And before certain members attack me, I don't mean us Muslims should sacrifice our beliefs. I'm saying we should use our heads, rather than lose our heads.

sameer
10-19-2006, 08:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I don't like what you say, but I admit that you're right. This whole situation is like being mired in quicksand - the more you struggle, the worse it gets. The best thing is to just stay calm and keep your wits about you.

And before certain members attack me, I don't mean us Muslims should sacrifice our beliefs. I'm saying we should use our heads, rather than lose our heads.
good point

Andaraawus
10-20-2006, 01:41 AM
Salam

Nobody had the right to so openly abuse the Prophet and then claim "Freedom of speech". Please take a closer look at Article 10:

Article 10

1. Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers. This article shall not prevent States from requiring the licensing of broadcasting, television or cinema enterprises.

2. The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary.

The Media were highly irresponsable and jepordized alot of public safety for both Muslim and non Muslim civilians, This type of thing should have been "subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or rights of others".

So even the gorverments are guilty of not preventing this. Furthermore :

Jyllands-Posten, the Danish newspaper that first published the cartoons of the prophet Muhammad turned down the cartoons of Christ three years ago, on the grounds that they could be offensive to readers and were not funny. In April 2003, Danish illustrator Christoffer Zieler submitted a series of unsolicited cartoons dealing with the resurrection of Christ to Jyllands-Posten. Zieler received an email back from the paper's Sunday editor, Jens Kaiser, which said:

"I don't think Jyllands-Posten's readers will enjoy the drawings. As a matter of fact, I think that they will provoke an outcry. Therefore, I will not use them."

The illustrator said: "I see the cartoons as an innocent joke, of the type that my Christian grandfather would enjoy."

"I showed them to a few pastors and they thought they were funny."

But the Jyllands-Posten editor in question, Mr Kaiser, said that the case was "ridiculous to bring forward now. It has nothing to do with the Muhammad cartoons.

"In the Muhammad drawings case, we asked the illustrators to do it. I did not ask for these cartoons. That's the difference," he said.

"The illustrator thought his cartoons were funny. I did not think so. It would offend some readers, not much but some."

The decision smacks of "double-standards", said Ahmed Akkari, spokesman for the Danish-based European Committee for Prophet Honouring, the umbrella group that represents 27 Muslim organisations that are campaigning for a full apology from Jyllands-Posten.

"How can Jyllands-Posten distinguish the two cases? Surely they must understand," Mr Akkari added.

wilberhum
10-20-2006, 04:01 PM
Article 10
Article 10 of what?

snakelegs
10-20-2006, 08:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Erundur
I had read this hadith from another site (don't know if I'm allowed to link to it) and it clearly somes up what the Prophet (pbuh) might have done and I feel that it completely goes with the beginning post.

“You do not do evil to those who do evil to you, but you deal with them with forgiveness and kindness.” (Sahih Al-Bukhari)
how sane!
some just don't seem to get it that every time muslims react to a provocation with violence, they are playing right into the hands of their own worst enemies.

Andaraawus
10-21-2006, 12:48 AM
Article 10 of the Human Rights Act 1998.

The cartoon issue affected the Human Rights of the Muslims, and the non Muslims as a result.

Muezzin
10-21-2006, 11:04 AM
You mean the European Convention on Human Rights.

Acts have sections, Conventions have articles.

Wow, I learned something in university!

Andaraawus
10-21-2006, 01:03 PM
Your probaly correct.

wilberhum
10-23-2006, 06:01 PM

The cartoon issue affected the Human Rights of the Muslims, and the non Muslims as a result.
I'm still trying to figure out produced Article 10.
Was it the UK, US, UN, or someone else?
What is there athority to enforce Article 10?

duskiness
10-23-2006, 06:36 PM
I'm still trying to figure out produced Article 10.
He is speaking about European Convention on Human Rights form 1950
Was it the UK, US, UN, or someone else?
Council of Europe
What is there athority to enforce Article 10?
all courts in States Parties have to apply it. usually befor national law (simply speaking...). If it didn't help you can turn to European Court of Human Rights.
But this article is aim to protect and strenghten freedom of speech! So i see no way ,that it could be said that cartoons violated human rights :?

wilberhum
10-23-2006, 06:39 PM
But this article is aim to protect and strenghten freedom of speech! So i see no way that it could said that cartoons violated human rights
Exactly, insulting is not a violation of human rights.

Andaraawus
10-23-2006, 08:11 PM
I dont think you read the article properly.

Andaraawus
10-23-2006, 08:12 PM
2. The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or rights of others,

now why would they state the underlined?

wilberhum
10-23-2006, 08:38 PM
for the protection of the reputation or rights of others,
I see little difference between this and standard slander laws.

Andaraawus
10-23-2006, 08:41 PM
Are they laws against slander?

wilberhum
10-23-2006, 08:43 PM
Are they laws against slander?
I see little difference between this and standard slander laws.
What more can I say?

Blackrook
10-26-2006, 06:57 AM
The cartoon protests really threw a monkeywrench at the concept that Islam is a "Religion of Peace." The Pope protests did even further damage. Churches were burned and a nun shot down in cold blood, because the Pope quoted a Middle Ages emperor who said that Islam was a violent religion. Seems to me, Muslims proved the point with their violent reaction to his words.

Is there a plan to dig out of the hole your fellow Muslims are rapidly digging for you? If you oppose the terrorists, you need to make your opposition loud and clear. Right now, we're only hearing what the terrorists have to say.

Andaraawus
10-26-2006, 11:03 PM
I understand what you are saying but why is it that the actions of the minority get highlighted and then the logical fallacy known as dicto simpliciter committed by so many here in the west with the "those darn Muslims" type atittude?

Heres a strong hadith to be taken into consideration:

Narrated Ziyad ibn Labid

Allaah تعالى's Messenger (peace be upon him) spoke of something and said: It will happen when knowledge will be no more.

I said: Allaah تعالى's Messenger, how will knowledge vanish despite the fact that we will be reciting the Qur'aan and teaching its recitation to our children and our children will teach its recitation to their children up to the Day of Resurrection?

Thereupon he said: Ziyad, may your mother weep over you. I was of the opinion that you were one of those who have greatest understanding of religion in Medina.

Do these Jews and Christians not recite the Torah and the Bible but not act according to what is contained in them?

Transmitted by Ahmad, Ibn Majah, Tirmidhi--Hadith #105

In other words Muslims will not follow the true Islamic values contained in the Qur'aan, please refer to the 1st post of this thread for more detail.

Andaraawus
04-03-2008, 05:58 PM
bump the reminder

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.