/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you pray with family, or alone?

sonz
03-04-2006, 01:19 PM
salama

do you pray with family, or alone?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
03-04-2006, 01:20 PM
prefer prayin alone cuz it jus makes me concentrate on prayer more....if da imaam is recitin i cant concentrate....ma mind wonders off sumwer...:rollseyes

:w:

Ghazi
03-04-2006, 01:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tagrid
prefer prayin alone cuz it jus makes me concentrate on prayer more....if da imaam is recitin i cant concentrate....ma mind wonders off sumwer...:rollseyes

Salaams

It's better to pray with others plus it's more reward

Nawal89
03-04-2006, 01:27 PM
in our family we only get to pray fajr and maghrib together. The rest we pray on our own.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Qurratul Ayn
03-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

When it is the holidays all my family pray together and in school days my two Brother go to Madrasa (separate ones) so therefore I pray with my Mother and sometimes my Sister and if my Mother had finished before I began my Salah then I read it on my own.

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah

The Ruler
03-04-2006, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaams

It's better to pray with others plus it's more reward
im not sure if its da same for women....dis only part o da hadith...dat da Propht (saw) said dat if women wanna go to da mosque n pray, den let em

i fink im rite :confused:

julie sarri
03-04-2006, 01:49 PM
:sl: me and my husband used to pray fajr together antil it got to late in the moring eney thinck passed 5 becouse he lives for work at 5 :w:

Kittygyal
03-04-2006, 01:53 PM
well.... me i am learnin 2 pray... so actually i don't knw how to pray yet as av converted...

take care

Salaam
03-04-2006, 02:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tagrid
dat da Propht (saw) said dat if women wanna go to da mosque n pray, then let em
Salaam,

yes your right...

Jazek'Allah

Halima
03-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Assalaam Alaykum.

Prophet Muhammed(saw) said it is better to pray with family or with other people rather than yourself. It is sunnah. That is why it is soooo important for the brothers to go to Friday congregational prayer. I leave you with this thought insha'Allah.

Allahu 'Alm (and Allah knows best)

BarakAllahu Feekum.

Kittygyal
03-04-2006, 03:54 PM
wot duz sunnah mean?

take care

Halima
03-04-2006, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
wot duz sunnah mean?

take care

Sunnah is the following of the Prophet Muhammed(saw) which is recorded in the Hadith or Ahadeeth=(plural for Hadith) So whenever you hear 'Sunnah' it was what the Prophet Muhammed(saw) did or what is commended by him.

Kittygyal
03-04-2006, 04:02 PM
what is a hadith?

sos if am askin so may questions u see av converted and am jus practisin

take care

Halima
03-04-2006, 04:08 PM
what is a hadith?

sos if am askin so may questions u see av converted and am jus practisin

take care

No problem dear sister :)

Hadith is a reported statement,action, or approval of the Prophet Muhammed(saw). Aswell as his character and his physical desciption.

We know the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace be upon him) by way of the hadith. The word “sunnah” literally means a set of practices or a mode of behavior. Like the Qur’ân, the Sunnah is revelation that Allah revealed to His Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), and like the Qur’ân, it has been meticulously preserved. However, unlike the Qur’ân, it is not the direct, literal word of Allah.

• It is obligatory for Muslims to follow the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace be upon him). First of all, it is revelation from Allah who says about His Prophet Muhammad: “He does not speak of his own desire. It is no less than inspiration sent down to him.” [Sûrah al-Najm:3]

Kittygyal
03-04-2006, 04:10 PM
oh tanks eva so much :)

ur a star :) :)

take care

Laaibah
03-04-2006, 04:14 PM
I pray alone sadly...

my family's a special case :D....

I'll try to pray with my Mom inshaAllah

Halima
03-04-2006, 04:43 PM
oh tanks eva so much :)

ur a star :) :)

take care

If you have anymore questions you can P.M me or just simply ask me here.

Kittygyal
03-04-2006, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
If you have anymore questions you can P.M me or just simply ask me here.
ok sis no worriez

take care

Mainul_Islam
03-05-2006, 06:32 AM
i'd be happy if my family prayed even atleast once a day...

BlissfullyJaded
03-05-2006, 06:52 AM
:sl:

Alone... :)

nurul3eyn
03-05-2006, 08:26 AM
we all pray together sumtyz and sometymz i pray alone....
Maghrib is my fav salah/salat of the day where i gotta pray with mom and my sisters :wub: :wub:

smile
03-05-2006, 10:42 AM
I pray with my family most of the time

MetSudaisTwice
03-08-2006, 03:03 PM
salam
i pray at the mosque
wasalam

mizan_aliashraf
03-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Salam
When i am at home i lead my brother and father in salah all the time
Wassalam

cihad
03-08-2006, 03:50 PM
we try to make sallah together as much as poss.
but like when my fathers at work ,he jus goes to da mosque and and we make together wout him

IbnAbdulHakim
03-08-2006, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mizan_aliashraf
Salam
When i am at home i lead my brother and father in salah all the time
Wassalam
lol you bigtime sheikh you :p

i pray alone but sometimes an imam comes ova to our house and he leads us in prayer. lol i aint ready to be leading my brothers :brother: :sl:

Kittygyal
03-11-2006, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pr4sE
lol you bigtime sheikh you :p

i pray alone but sometimes an imam comes ova to our house and he leads us in prayer. lol i aint ready to be leading my brothers :brother: :sl:

;D ;D ;D co0o0l bro co0o0l ;D ;D ;D

take care

gladTidings
03-11-2006, 03:53 PM

So if a female is leading the prayer, obviously for females only...the prayer is more rewarded as opposed to praying on your own?

ameen
03-11-2006, 05:24 PM
As-salamu'alaikum,

format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
Like the Qur’ân, the Sunnah is revelation that Allah revealed to His Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), and like the Qur’ân, it has been meticulously preserved...

• [First of all, it is revelation from Allah who says about His Prophet Muhammad: “He does not speak of his own desire. It is no less than inspiration sent down to him.” [Sûrah al-Najm:3]

Allah did not promise to protect the hadith from corruption.

If you read the verse you have quoted in its context, you will see that the 'inspiration' is clearly referring to the Qur'anic revelation.

It's sad that even new Muslims are being told such misinterpretations.

wsalam

strider
03-11-2006, 05:42 PM
Assalamu alaikum

We all have busy scedules so pray separately.

Ma'assalama

*LJ*
03-17-2006, 10:06 PM
Salamu alaikum,

I pray on my own, got noone else to pray with *sniff*. I could try and get my cat to join in I guess...:okay:

Anyway, I was wondering, I heard there is a hadith that says if someone avoids Jummah (intentionally) for three weeks then Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) closes his heart....is this applicable for men and women? I'm guessing it's sunnah for men to attend Jummmah, is it the same for women, or is it recommended for women???

Thanks,

Salam:)

itsme01
03-21-2006, 09:07 AM
Alone - family is kinda weird :rollseyes
anyhow, still in the learning phase of Salat - inshallah once i know it properly - will ask bro,sis, and parents to join. Inshallah

MH-UK
03-21-2006, 10:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by itsme01
Alone - family is kinda weird :rollseyes
anyhow, still in the learning phase of Salat - inshallah once i know it properly - will ask bro,sis, and parents to join. Inshallah

Im in same situation as you really...

Danah
02-05-2008, 08:06 PM
half and half

Fishman
02-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Always alone...
imsad

truemuslim
02-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Always alone.. except on sundays in ramadan.. when my dad isnt working so we get to pray together

MustafaMc
02-06-2008, 01:39 AM
My wife and I pray together most of the time when I am home at the time for salah.

Strzelecki
02-06-2008, 06:36 AM
I'm flying solo, I always pray alone. :)

جوري
02-06-2008, 06:43 AM
when I was young we used to pray together me and my siblings.. then I abandoned prayer, religion in the entirety of my teenage yrs, when I went to college, eh I'd do it sometimes and let it go alot.. when I went to grad school (lived on my own) started to pray then fully but also by myself. I am not sure I'd like to pray with or around people.. on occasion my 2 year old niece will barge in on me grab something to cover her head even a diaper and look at me and immitate, it almost makes me want to burst out in laughter (astghfor Allah)..

I think the importance of togetherness in prayer is to establish the habit of it, but honestly as one grows older, I can't imagine praying along with someone else, it would probably lose its solemnity for me.. but I appreciate it on tarawee7, Ramadan, 3eed, those sorts of grand days..

crayon
02-06-2008, 11:26 AM
We usually pray fajr, maghrib, and isha together. I pray dhur at school, and asr alone at home, since everyone always has their own schedule at that time.

MuslimahBarb
02-07-2008, 02:23 AM

It varies depending on if it is the weekdays or weekend. During the week, my husband & I usually pray Fajr, Mahgrib and Isha together because during the time for Dhuhr and Asr he is at his office and I am home. However on weekends, we pray most prayers together.

Salam,
Barb

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.