/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A heartbreaking story

Imaan
03-04-2006, 03:49 PM
:sl:

I dunno if you've read this story before, it is a true story and it is a really sad story.

Aldy Tragedy

From an eyewitness report of the events of winter in the village of Aldy.

Mom get up, wake up! Alikhan is crying. Mom, mom! Grandpa, Grandpa. Four year old Aslan was shaking his bleeding mother, who could not hear anything anymore, and his wounded grandfather was lying right next to her. They had spent four days in the basement, being afraid to get out on the street, because the town was under constant shelling, and anything that moved was being eliminated. When the shelling stopped for a short period of time, scary silence would begin, because it seemed like there were no living people in the village.

The shell that hit our house buried the entrance, and I could not even move because I was bleeding. And my dead daughter-in-law was lying right next to me. Six month old infant, Alikhan, kept crying in her hands. The baby had not eaten for long time and was demanding milk from his mother. He had no idea of what was going on around him, and in his cry you could hear a reproach, that he here he is, he has come to this world, and he wants to eat and drink.

Aslan was hanging around nearby, he was discoursing not in a child’s manner; - Grandpa how can I help you? What can I do for you? – he was running around at a loss right next to me. – ‘Don’t cry Alikhan. Tears don’t suit a man. You are a big boy now, and you must understand the Russians killed your mother, - he was reassuring his little brother, as if his brother could understand him. And the baby, tired of crying and exhausted with hunger went to sleep.

I tried to get myself free from the ruins, but I could not even get up. My legs would not listen to me. Turned out they were broken in several different places. I tried to reassure my disturbed grandson, Aslan, everything is going to be alright. Endure you are man. – I ‘m not crying either,- he was answering to me, - I only feel sorry for Mom, and that’s why I wanna cry, but I won’t cry, can you hear my, Grandpa. However tears started gushing from his eyes right away, and he embraced the legs of his dead mother and started sobbing. He was crying at the feet of his mother for a long long time, and I did not bother him, no one will bring his mother back to life. Little Aslan was recalling his mother, who used to wake him up every morning, kiss him on the cheek, scold him when he didn’t finish his meal or when he was being naughty. And recalling all that Aslan knew that it will never happen again and he was up the body of his mother and wailing like a wolf cub. A little man starting to realize the heaviness of the great loss.

Four days had gone by. We were spending more and more time in the buried basement of our house, torn away from the light of the day. Little Alikhan has never woken up. Hunger had killed him, and Aslan was lying right next to me totally unconscious. He was burning and raving. I was helpless, and tears were rolling out of my old eyes. I have lived my share, as I was thinking, - but what did these kids do, who were supposed to live, to live, - I was asking myself.

When the shelling was over, people started to come out of their shelters. Somebody among fellow villagers never saw daylight again. My daughter-in-law and her baby Alikhan were among them. A disaster was impending over each house. Weeping, lamentations and tears of Chechen mothers, wives and daughters were heard everywhere.

The tears have never dried in my eyes, and kept moistening my beard every minute.

Grandpa, why are you crying? When I grow up, I’ll go to war and I will avenge Mom and my little brother.

I looked at Aslan and I thought about what the war has done with this little boy. What has he seen throughout his life? What is he experiencing?

This is just one story from the ruins of Chechnya, yes this is the daily life of Chechen kids. Please remember us in your precious Du’aas, your forgotten ummatis in Chechnya.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sapphire
03-04-2006, 03:54 PM
:'( subhanallah ! our duaa are with all those who are suffering and are in pain ! may Allah ease the difficulties and may we be rewarded greatly for all the pain in the herafter inshallah ! Ameen !

Kittygyal
03-04-2006, 03:55 PM
aww god bless :'(

btw ta for sharin it :) :) :)

take care

Laaibah
03-04-2006, 04:08 PM
omg!! :offended:

this is so terrible .... i wanna bawl. :'( :'(

All the Muslim brothers and sisters are in my prayers....inshaAllah forever :'(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghazi
03-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Salaam

Truly touching story. I shall remember the situation in chechnya in my dua's inshalah.

arehat
03-04-2006, 04:23 PM
May Allah ease their difficulties

Imaan
03-04-2006, 06:03 PM
:sl:

Just wanted to know what you would have done if it was your mum?

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.