/* */

PDA

View Full Version : R u friend with non-muslims?

Danish
04-17-2005, 08:38 PM
:sl:
R u friend with non-muslims?

For me "yes, i am". Of course i dont do any of their stuff..but they r still my friend... :thumbs_do what about u?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khattab
04-17-2005, 11:01 PM
yes nothing wrong with it, in fact its a very good thing

BlissfullyJaded
04-18-2005, 02:56 AM

Yeah, I am friends with non Muslims. 1) Muslimah's didn't like me much... Cuz I wasn't supportive of their wearing hijaab with tight clothes. Sue me! I have 1 Muslimah friend though who's totally wonderful mashaAllah. :D 2)The non Muslim girls are intelligent and we helped each other with homework when we're stuck, so our friendship grew. And they're respectful of my deen, and even ask me questions, so its all good alhamdulillah.

solid_snake
04-18-2005, 03:08 AM
most of my friends are non muslim

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Yoosuf
04-18-2005, 10:01 AM
I have one Non-Muslim Friend whom is interested in Islam and I'm trying to give her dawah. It takes alot to be patient walaahi!

Uma Rayanah
04-19-2005, 08:48 AM

as far i remember No...

aamirsaab
04-19-2005, 09:26 AM
Yes and no
hehe
most of my friends at college are muslim but in my secondary school majority of my friends were non muslim but that's cus most of the muslims that went there wern't exactly the friendly type if you know what i mean.

Ammar
04-20-2005, 04:42 AM
ya i also have a non muslim friend. hes my pretty good friend

Ra`eesah
04-20-2005, 07:00 AM

I have lots of Muslim friends and lots of non muslim aqaintences. the reason why i call them that is because the true meaning of "Friend to me is someone who reminds me of Allah whenever i see them. Alhamdulillaah the sisters and i are very close and we always remind each other about allah 7 of us ( and growing be afrid be very afriad :p ) are all niqabs and we all did it around the same time.Its like a sorority club :) only for niqabi sisters... we go to the masjid together for halaaqa lechures and organize Islamic events for our community Alhamdulillaah. With my Non muslim Aqaintences when i do hang out with them its when i invite them to our sisters gathering or islamic events. And alhamdulillaah so far 2 of them became muslim. but sister mm_ca i understand really while i was in high School. i think the non muslims were closer to me and reminded me i was a muslim more then my so called "muslim" friends.

Far7an
04-20-2005, 09:52 AM
I have friends who are not muslims, YET! :)

Ameeratul Layl
10-10-2005, 11:51 AM

I dont have any non muslim friends...saying that...I dont have Mulsim friends either. ;D
Sumtyms I just sit down and laugh at myself. I cant stand making friends....they bug!

Allah ma3akum :coolsis:

Z
10-10-2005, 01:10 PM

If we don't befriend them, who will?

Zuko
10-10-2005, 02:46 PM
Uhh, well I have one, and she's my aunt... But other than that, nope I don't 'cause I go to an islamic school... Anyway, my aunt's cool, (a whole lot better than her mom) and she's more of a child than an adult, which is why I guess I like talking to her more than my other relatives... :p

Sanobar
10-10-2005, 03:44 PM
salaam,
umm...well i have loads of em...cant help it .....almost everyone in my class is a non muslim..but no worries i have muslim frnds too! :) :) :)
ma'salamah

Hajar
10-10-2005, 03:52 PM

yeah I have non muslim friends.. but they are only for in university we help eatchother with schoolwork and ofcours we work in projectgroups. But I got one very close non muslim friend... but i felt in her that she was diferent like all the others.. so me givin her Dawa from time to time.. and like she was always interested..so mashaAllah she like did the Shahada 1 month ago. So now my best friend is a Muslim mashaAllah :)

:w:

nafy
10-10-2005, 05:19 PM
wow mashaalah......

oh n yeh i got a few non muslim friends 2

snowlilies
10-11-2005, 08:31 AM
my best fren since i was in primary school till now is a non muslim gurl.both our families know and i always have lunch at her house .they respect me so much.tats nice.also i hv lotta muslim frnz....

Haya emaan
10-11-2005, 03:24 PM
i havnt any non muslim friend bc i cant find any in my country . n cant get any chance to give dawah :'(

Genius
10-11-2005, 04:00 PM
Some of the nicest people i've ever met were non-muslim.

meknesi
10-11-2005, 04:03 PM
its very important to befreind them and inshallah by our manners and love they will see islam is the truth
ps not to close though....

meknesi

beans
10-11-2005, 06:48 PM
I have different groups of friends, close friends, friends, accquaintences, etc.
A lot of them are muslim, a lot aren't, As long as your trying not to be like non muslims i think your spreading dawah, so its healthy wouldnt it be?

hidden_treasure
12-03-2005, 03:06 PM
asslamu alaikum,

I have a friend that i call every now and then who is a non muslim...may Allah guide her..ameen.

She is a sweetheart..very caring..she has helped me with anything that i have needed.

She does not feel embarrassed to be seen with me, even though i cover from head to toe.

There is absolutley nothing wrong with having friends who are of a differnet faith. We must treat them with repsect, show them our wonderful way of life, and make dua for them to be guided.

*KB*
12-03-2005, 03:36 PM

of curse i have friendz that are non-muslims!! lol!!

we might b different but Allah made us all

Subhan'Allah

*KB*
:coolious:

(edited by Rabi'ya(typo))

Bittersteel
12-03-2005, 03:48 PM
yes I am friends with Non-Muslims.

Halima
12-03-2005, 03:54 PM
:sl: I look at it as this. Being friends with non-muslims can get you to talk about Islam and then spread word about the relgion. All of my non-muslim friends know me as muslim and they see me praying 5x a day, they see me wearing hijab, then that's when they get curious and start to ask questions. When they ask questions, they learn more about Islam and then they get more interested. They try to seek knowledge from you. Like I said in anothr post, I am the only muslim person at my high-school which puts me in a postion to make ALOT of non-muslim friends. It sometimes gets annoying when they try to act stupid and be funny when they ask about Islam. Otherwise, one just has to be very patient and give them the knowledge that you have about Islam. You never know, one day they may convert into Islam. Subhanallah.:w:

UmmKhadi
12-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Salaam aleikum

I have nonmuslim friends, in work, and out of work. Its okay by me. The friends I had before islam, too, we are still friends, but live far apart, my home town is 1000 km from here. But we are more different now that we are grown ups, and we have issues between us, sadly. But not because of islam, its because of differencies in parenting, subhanAllah.

But I have some nonmuslim friends, who I meet after i became a muslimah, and we are good friends. One special, she buys halalmeat when I come over, and she does everything. She is educated and she has lots of knowledge, she is not like many other Norwegians, ignorants...

Tasneem
12-03-2005, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danish
R u friend with non-muslims?

For me "yes, i am". Of course i dont do any of their stuff..but they r still my friend... :thumbs_do what about u?
I CANT be friends with non-muslims...my mother DOES NOT allow it.
I had non-muslims friends before..alot but they were all havin a bad influence on me.They all had so-called boy-friends and were about a year or too older than me.I stopped hanging out with them.
Now i have ALL muslim friends who love to cover,fast,pray etc...they even got me to do some extra ibbaddah!:)

Tasneem
12-03-2005, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *KB*

of curse i have friendz that are non-muslims!! lol!!

we might b different but Allah made us all

Subhan'Allah

*KB*
:coolious:

(edited by Rabi'ya(typo))
In the quran it says we cant take non-muslims as friends.

Maheen
12-03-2005, 06:05 PM
Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullah

Sister, I didn't know that:confused:

But in that case we can still be kind to them and respect them
so that they,Insha'Allah will see the right way through our righteousness.:sister:

Wassalamu Alaikum Warahmatulah

thariq
12-03-2005, 06:48 PM
:w: :brother:
I would like to clear a misconception up. We muslims are not allowed to have ALLIES which means trusting our lives in their hands. We are allowed to be friends with them ofcourse otherwise how would u spread dawah. Some orientalist use this ayah to malign the religion and show it as an anti-social religion. The verse which says that 'if u befriend them then u are like them'. This is in the context which means that u cant have allies with them specially to attack another muslim country.

Jazakallah khair:w: :loving: :peace: :) :coolious: :confused:

thariq
12-03-2005, 06:57 PM
Subhanallh sister hailma
May allh give u the patience to carry on giving dawah its not easy as i have experience i go to school as well full of jews. Which college do u go to.
Jazakallha

Bint-Al-Islam
12-03-2005, 08:03 PM
As-salam alekum wr wb..
I have Non-Muslims friends.. some of them we are best friends for long years until now..
Alhamdulillah i also have Muslims friends and some r my best friends.
Walekum-salam wr wb

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-03-2005, 08:13 PM
http://www.load-islam.com/C/rebuttals/Misquoted/#19

Danish
12-03-2005, 08:42 PM
:ws:
format_quote Originally Posted by Jihad_spun
I believe u r referring to this verse:
O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends one to another. He among you who taketh them for friends is (one) of them. Lo! Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk. -- Quran 5:51, Pickhtall Translation

If you read the verse in arabic u will find word "awlia" is used, which does not mean "friend" but "protector". Yusuf Ali's translation is bit more accurate on this verse:
O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust. -- Quran 5:51, Yusuf Ali Translation

Also if u read ONLY 6 verses down u will find that Allah (SWT) tells us that only those who mock our religion r not to be taken as protectors:

O Ye who believe! Choose not for guardians such of those who received the Scripture before you, and of the disbelievers, as make a jest and sport of your religion. But keep your duty to Allah if ye are true believers. -- 5:57

mariamq
12-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Salam,

My best friend is non muslim.. Mashallah i think that she is a wonderful person. May Allah guide her Ameen. . We have known eachother for 14 years. She was the first one i spoke to about wearing hijab and Mashallah she respects me more than some muslims do Subahanallah... Her hubby is intrested in islam aswell and she is fine with it so im happy about that Alhumdulilah...

Wa salam.

hidden_treasure
12-04-2005, 04:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jihad_spun
Assalamu alaikum,

Im sorry sis, you can take non muslims as friends..its more along the lines of..you cannot take them as "protectors" ...and even im unsure if this word is correct.

However, if you have friends (whether they are muslim or not) and they are a bad influence on you, and you are weakening to there ways, then of course its much better to stay away.

Allah knows best.

Halima
12-04-2005, 04:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by thariq
Subhanallh sister hailma
May allh give u the patience to carry on giving dawah its not easy as i have experience i go to school as well full of jews. Which college do u go to.
Jazakallha
:sl: The best way is to just ask for Allah(swt)'s guidance and now to answer your question, I'm not in college yet. InshaAllah in a few months I will soon.:w:

Khadeejah
12-04-2005, 05:23 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakatu,
Many people enter Islam through their friends.Alhumdulilah. I dont their is an issue with befriending a non muslim as long as it doesnt affect you in a negative way. If the person is not supportive of you covering or praying and so on are they really a friend? A true friend would accept you as you are. But then the question arises if they are supportive of you and accept you and Islam, Is it ok for you to accept them in their religious practices? Respect, acceptance, and friendship or relationships period is a two way street. so if you could not accept them as they are, are you considered a friend? Allahu Alim as I dont even know the answer to my questions *chuckles* I guess its something to ponder about eh?:confused: :nervous:

I for got to salaam out Wa Alaikum Asalaamu Wa Rahmatullahi Wa BAraakatu

Tasneem
12-04-2005, 04:38 PM
In the quran:
Ayat:1,Surah:60

safwana
12-04-2005, 04:44 PM

i use 2 ave non muslim frends b4 wen i was at school nw i dnt go,

libyanhero
12-04-2005, 04:46 PM
I had plenty of non muslim friends but unfortunately my experience with them was useless, even they know I am muslim they used to try to convince me in thier deception games and it was tough hearing the words that they had to say but I made alot of muslim friends and I prefer to be with the company of the muslims for not but I still have guy non muslim friends...not many but i dont mind meeting new as long as they dont try to allure me from being a muslim

Tasneem
12-04-2005, 04:54 PM
In the quran:
Ayat:1,Surah:60

libyanhero
12-04-2005, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danish
:ws:

I believe u r referring to this verse:
O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends one to another. He among you who taketh them for friends is (one) of them. Lo! Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk. -- Quran 5:51, Pickhtall Translation
Isn't it "O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and Christians as partners"

h1jabi_sista
12-04-2005, 07:00 PM
AS SALAM ALIKUM!!!!:coolsis:

alhamdulilah i do have many non muslim friends as i do muslim friends. I go to a non muslim college but alhamdulilah they are really understanding about islam. They realise were different, but they're not predjudice alhamdulilah.
They like learning and i like teaching them subhanalllah.

its nice to have a bridge, so that there is some communication going on. alhamdulilah its a great way to do dawah.

:coolsis: :sister:

s_123_v
12-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Yes, i have muslim friends and a few non-muslim but since i go to an islamic school i havnt been able to keep in touch with them but when we were good friends they was very intrested in Islam.

hasib
12-05-2005, 01:44 AM

I have some non-muslim friends.

Shana524
12-05-2005, 04:59 AM
sl:
Ooohh, :thumbs_up I’m so glad we’re discussing this. This is really important especially for those living in non-Muslim countries. I’ve known my non-Muslim friend since the 4th grade. Now we’re attending the same university. I’ve really gotten close to her. But I feel that there should be limits, for example, I will not ask her for advice regarding life since her answers will be based on un-Islamic perspective.
I’m interested to see what u guys think about limits between our non-Muslim friends?

salehah
12-05-2005, 06:07 AM
interesting topic!
i have a few non muslim friends but i can't really call them friends because i know they don't know and want the BEST for me!
but we go along fine!
what i make sure is to be the best at the best muslim behaviour specially when i am in their company because our actions make the best impact!
and i generally don't have to insist on my point of veiws..
they are nice people though! :)

salaam.

Mujahideen
12-08-2005, 09:11 PM
Am friends wid a lot of non-muslims. in fact my neighbour and i get in to arguments over religion alot. but guess its a good way to spread Islam. neways a lot of da galz i know r really interested in Islam, so who knows, inshallah. though their young. ALLAHU AKBAR! wasssalam.

Nawal89
12-08-2005, 09:37 PM
I dont have any non Muslim friends, as i dont mix that much. I have a penpal and MashaAllah she shows interest in Islam. My Family is christian but then we're not that close.

karim
12-08-2005, 09:43 PM

me yes i have so many but i don`t do der staff

samina1
12-08-2005, 09:49 PM
wel wel iam so gald we r talkin abt this, bcz i live in usa and its kinda hard to not make non muslim friends.. i think all most all my friends in school or outside school or at work t all non muslim.. but whn iam workin in islam community have alot of friends tht r muslim and afcrouse we connect in many ways .. but whn it cames to non muslim friends thy r always askin abt o y do u have to wear this? o y in islam mans can marry 4 wifes... so there is always questions being asked.. even elders do da same to me.. so alhumdoliah i answer qs tht can be answered and try to make thm understand y or hw da reason behind it... so ya.. wel thts abt it..
but iam gald tht we r talkin abt this.. alhumdoliah....
ok kudahafiz..

cihad
12-09-2005, 02:54 PM
you must lead by example
show them the right path
with kindness
by not interacting with them
you are alienating them
therefore
not showing them what islam really is

libyanhero
12-09-2005, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
I dont have any non Muslim friends, as i dont mix that much. I have a penpal and MashaAllah she shows interest in Islam. My Family is christian but then we're not that close.
Your family is christian? r u a revert

Nawal89
12-09-2005, 03:30 PM
^No i was born Muslim. My dad is a revert. He's the only Muslim in his family. So my grandparents and stuff...yeah.

ummAbdillah
12-09-2005, 06:40 PM
yeh i do have non-muslim friends (muslimah's as well alhamduliah)

cldnite
12-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Salamualaikum,

it's hard to just be friends w/ muslims in a lot of cases. there r only 6 muslim boys out of like 400 (at least) students in my school, stretched out over four grades. n, not all of them are really into their deen. so, it's really hard not to be friends w/ nonmuslims. but, as long as you have the intention of da'wah, insh'Allah, i dont really see nethin wrong in it, even if u possibilities to be w/ muslims

Mujahideen
12-09-2005, 10:05 PM
keep up the good work. wassalam

so0x0xsweet
02-17-2006, 01:44 AM
um yea... the majority of them aren't but i am friends with some, Islam is a very interesting religion and I do as much as I can to be exposed to it

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.