/* */

PDA

View Full Version : newbie in the house

retro-sister
03-05-2006, 10:15 PM
I’ve been checking this site for a couple days knows... must congrats the admin for a good job and providing ppl like myself a source.

I came here looking for information regarding Islam. Im a 20yr old Muslim sister to be honest I don’t know much about Islam I’ve jus breezed thru life... I don’t read 5 times a day and if I did read the Quran it was probably becoz one of my parents told me... I’ve reached a point in my life were I want to be a better Muslim & to gather knowledge about Islam.

I fear Allah and know that I am questionable for all my actions and this is why I hope to change my life for the better.… I know I am going to go back to Allah one day and witness my entire life infront of Allah. I will be expected to explain my entire life but the thing is I cant and this it what I hope to change….

I was looking thru the trivia section and couldn’t answer one question... I felt so ashamed and for the 1st time in my life stupid coz I should know the basics about Islam...

Could you please help me by directing me to places where I can gather information regarding Islam...? I don’t know where to start or where to look...

Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
03-05-2006, 10:17 PM
:sl: :sister:

:welcome: to da forum...hope u v a gd time...:thankyou:

u cud try da 'Basics od Islam' section :happy: :thumbs_up

:w:

retro-sister
03-05-2006, 10:29 PM
i did......

arehat
03-05-2006, 10:34 PM
wlcm enjoy ur stay

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
bronumba1
03-05-2006, 10:59 PM
welcome
:brother:
:w:

sapphire
03-06-2006, 06:18 AM
:welcome: enjoy your stay !

hidaayah
03-06-2006, 09:36 AM
:w: and welcum..hope u have a beneficial stay..

nafy
03-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Salaamz

welcome 2 da site sis! :)

MashAllah am glad u have taken this step sis!! inshallah u will become a better muslimah!!

dont be afraid 2 ask questions! ders loadza knowledgable ppl here....so wateva u confused about or dont know mcuh about.....just ask a question and inshallah sumbody will be able 2 help!! :)

just have a browse around all the different forum sections aswell......loadza topics have been discussed.......inshallah u will find it beneficial! :)

take care sis
w/salaamz :) x

IbnAbdulHakim
03-06-2006, 10:27 AM
:sl:

I know of people to learn the quran by heart at the age of 80. Glad to hear u tryin to find out about islam Alhamdullilah! Hope u change some1s world wiv ur knowledge :sl:

retro-sister
03-06-2006, 11:27 AM
wen i read thru the different topics it shows u ppl are confident in your words- see now thats what i wanna be like... but how????

aljawaad
03-06-2006, 12:16 PM
[MOUSE]Welcome and may you have a beneficial stay[/MOUSE]

retro-sister
03-06-2006, 01:04 PM
[PIE]yea im sure i will...[/PIE]

IbnAbdulHakim
03-06-2006, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by retro-sister
wen i read thru the different topics it shows u ppl are confident in your words- see now thats what i wanna be like... but how????
when you know facts from the quran and sunnah (sahih bukhari/muslim and other sources such as tirmizi and abu dawood, mishkaat) the confidence is bestowed thru Allahs mercy. In my opinion wiv knowledge comes understanding and with understanding comes confidence but im just a little 18 yr old wiv limited knowledge. Much like you i came to gain knowledge and improve myself and WALLAHI the people here have said things which moved me to tears in this forum. I love this forum Alhamdullilah!!! it is strengthening both my knowledge and love for ALlah and his messenger.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK INSHAALLAH ISLAMICBOARD MEMBERS, i PRAY 4 ALL!!!!!! :sl:

mahuruf
03-06-2006, 03:07 PM
Wecome to the Forum

Could you please help me by directing me to places where I can gather information regarding Islam...?
There are plenty of resources to learn about Islam. Recently I picked up a small book “Pillars of Eemaan” at the University of Madinah. It teaches the basic of Islam in simple way. Try www.iu.edu.sa to get it online.

No doubt the forum members will help you to learn. Everyone’s prayers for you.

Wasalaam

afriend2
03-06-2006, 04:07 PM
salaam,

welcome sis!!! mashAllah that you want to be more Islamic and a better muslim, that in itself is a big step :)

inshAllah this site will provide lots of beneficial information :happy: any questions dont hesitate to ask :wub:

wassalam

DaSangarTalib
03-06-2006, 04:42 PM
:wasalamex

here are two sites with some basic information about Islam..Insha'Allah check these

>> http://www.beconvinced.com/en/main.php

>> http://www.muttaqun.com/

heres a site which can help you with islamic terms and concepts Insha'Allah

>> http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/reference/glossary.html

if you need any questions answered plz feel free to ask Insha'Allah :)

retro-sister
03-06-2006, 04:51 PM
[pie]thank U To You All.....[/pie]

I Shall Defntly Check Out The Websites U Have Recommnded And Let U Know How Useful They Were....

Kittygyal
03-06-2006, 04:54 PM
sis chill owt these ppl on da site for eg br.fight&die4Allah is a very helpful guy he always lyk ta help ppl :)

may god bless em in da ere afta :)

(if u av any questions feel free ta ask)

take care

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
03-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Aslaam alaiakum sister, welcome to LI. I would suggest you learn about the life of Muhammed (saw) it is really good to begin with understanding how Islam began, here are 16 audio cd's that you can downlaod and listen to if you want:

by Shayk Anwar Awalaki.

http://www.almuhsinun.com/audio/muhammad/

retro-sister
03-06-2006, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
Aslaam alaiakum sister, welcome to LI. I would suggest you learn about the life of Muhammed (saw) it is really good to begin with understanding how Islam began, here are 16 audio cd's that you can downlaod and listen to if you want:

by Shayk Anwar Awalaki.

http://www.almuhsinun.com/audio/muhammad/
:thankyou: I'VE HEARD OF THIS SPEAKER B4, I PERSONLY THINK HE'S REALLY GOOD, YOU CAN REALLY LEARN 4RM YOU.....

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
03-06-2006, 06:01 PM
:thankyou: I'VE HEARD OF THIS SPEAKER B4, I PERSONLY THINK HE'S REALLY GOOD, YOU CAN REALLY LEARN 4RM YOU.....
Alhumdulillah Imam Anwar Awalaki is very blessed a very smooth, clear style of speaking with alot of substance in what he speaks of. Please listen to the cds andlet us know how you found them :)

walaikumaslaam

retro-sister
03-06-2006, 06:07 PM
[PIE]will do[/PIE]

Kittygyal
03-06-2006, 06:08 PM
diz sis is on da role aday ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :hiding:

take care

retro-sister
03-06-2006, 06:50 PM
i've got 2weeks off - i've decided to do something useful with my time rather than jus sleep all day....

Kittygyal
03-06-2006, 06:51 PM
awwwwwwwwww gd bless diz will wake u up lo0o0o0l

take care

retro-sister
03-06-2006, 07:37 PM
hope so....

all this multi taskin better pay off, i'm listening to Anwar Al Awlaki on my laptop and tryin to read a book about the 4 greatest women in islam & typing this message to you...

[S]pure devotion[/S]

Kittygyal
03-06-2006, 07:39 PM
co0o0o0l :)

retro-sister
03-06-2006, 08:14 PM
how old r ya islamgyal.... hope u dont mind me asking

i know u shouldnt ask a lady her age but u aint a no lady.... :giggling: :giggling: [BANANA]only joking[/BANANA]

Kittygyal
03-07-2006, 05:00 PM
sis ta be honest i dn't gve me age on site lo0o0o0l am not dat old am not married av gt a kid so u take a guess....

o yea a wrk am a teacher a go a uni....

nw (hint hint)

aw old r u sis if u dn't mind me askin

take care

Ghazi
03-07-2006, 05:04 PM
Salaam

Welcome to the fourm.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.