/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bio-metric Passports From 15 May

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
03-06-2006, 12:59 PM
BIO-METRIC PASSPORTS FROM 15 MAY

From 15th May 2006, customers applying for standard ten year passports will be automatically issued with a new style, bio-metric passport.

WHAT ARE BIOMETRICS?
Biometrics are unique personal features which help identify a document holder. The three most common biometric identifiers are facial recognition (photo), fingerprints and iris recognition.

WHAT IS A BIOMETRIC PASSPORT?
As part of the process to make travel documents ever more secure, the UK Passport Service (UKPS) and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office have agreed to adopt the International Civil Aviation Organisation's (ICAO) recently published standards for the UK's first phase of biometric passports. This means that the first UK biometric passports will have facial recognition (photo) as the one biometric identifier. An important factor here is that the data required in support of applications can be taken from passport photographs. Passports will be in book form (as now) and incorporate a chip under a thick laminate on the observations page.

All applications received before 2nd May 2006 will be issued with a current machine-readable passport (includes digital photograph of applicant). We regret that we will be unable to process any standard passports between 2nd and 15th May 2006 due to the roll-out. Applications for all other types of passport (i.e. temporary and emergency) will remain unaffected.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DaNgErOuS MiNdS
03-06-2006, 01:00 PM
source

http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/ser...=1136905646070

Smok
03-06-2006, 11:09 PM
Whole EU will have biometric passports. I think I will lie that I lost my old passport to have new ;D

PaGaL~LaDo0
03-08-2006, 05:19 PM
d@z vkd :D :D :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
F.Y.
03-10-2006, 05:49 AM
Yeah, i just got an Australian one and it has a chip in the centre page - makes it look kinda thick and bulky.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.