/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is any1 studying sociology?

alishba
03-06-2006, 07:21 PM
im doing my second year in sociology a-levels,and currently the unit we are studying is religion.one of the questions i was asked was, what is the difference between islam and football?our class is all muslims but it took us an hour to find the right answer,can u guess wat it was?:rollseyes

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
03-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Alisbah... nt frm manchester r u?

alishba
03-06-2006, 07:26 PM
no!so do hav anyfin to tell on wat i asked

Protected_Diamond
03-09-2006, 08:51 PM
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

hey im doing As sociology :) Hmmm what a wierd question, Islam is a religion and footy is a sport :rollseyes

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
czgibson
03-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Greetings,

Is it "Football is boring?" :p

Peace

Kittygyal
03-09-2006, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Is it "Football is boring?" :p

Peace

nononononono :rant: :rant: :rant: football is NOT and i mean NOT boring!!! :grumbling

take care

czgibson
03-09-2006, 09:26 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
nononononono :rant: :rant: :rant: football is NOT and i mean NOT boring!!! :grumbling
I knew that would wind someone up! :p

Peace

Kittygyal
03-09-2006, 09:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

I knew that would wind someone up! :p

Peace

ofcourse it wiil cuz i LOVE footy and i mean it is NOT boring at all! :heated: :heated: :heated:

take care

Protected_Diamond
03-10-2006, 12:38 PM

So sis what's the answer? :?

nishom
03-10-2006, 01:22 PM
SALAAM,
The similaritieds are that they both attract a big following, in fcat on a Saturday hundreds of thousands, maybe millions make the pilgrimage to the footie ground. Footie fans adore their team,wear the gear, yhave same hair styles as their fav players, buy similar clothes etc. This is similar to following the sunnah. Their adoration for players is like the adoration of \mUSLIMS FOR THE PROPHET(PBUH.) Hooligans constitute a small fraction of exrtremists, just as in the Muslim world, where extremists tarnish the name of the religion and the majority. Both promote a certain way of life. From a sociological point of view, both cvan also be viewed as man made(Marx's view that religion is a tool of the capitalist elite to control the masses.)

WHAT DIFFERENCES ARE THERE?-MAYBE THAT MORE MUSLIMS GO TO THE FOOTBALL GROUND THAN THE MOSQUE????//

Sauwfy
04-08-2006, 12:10 PM
i'm studying sociology too :) (reallt sociologic anthropology)
for sorry footboll in Russia is not like in Brazil;)but Zehit is the best:) (he-he)

Kittygyal
04-08-2006, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninjaress

hey im doing As sociology :) Hmmm what a wierd question, Islam is a religion and footy is a sport :rollseyes

sis that is so true footy is a sport duh ;D and izlam is a religion duh ;D

take care

root
04-08-2006, 12:48 PM
what is the difference between islam and football?
That is an easy one. The goal posts don't keep moving in football :-)

Kittygyal
04-08-2006, 12:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
That is an easy one. The goal posts don't keep moving in football :-)

:giggling: :giggling: sis am sure she knows that ;D

take care

Arch_warrior
04-08-2006, 04:46 PM
salam alaykoom , im doing a module on anthropology which is similar to sociology i think , instead we study magic , religion , witchcraft ,rituals in culture!!! i must say it was very hard to believe what most cultures on this earth came up with , we did a case study on a tribe in south east asia , it was very shocking to know what they practiced, specialy what little children had to go through to become an adult!

S_87
04-08-2006, 07:05 PM
:sl:

not sure on answer but would it be something along lines of people who take football to extremes begin to idolise and worship their team revolving their whole life round it.
basically to them its likea religion?

extinction
04-08-2006, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal

take care
I totally agree with you on this one.......we call it soccer over here though!!

Kittygyal
04-08-2006, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
I totally agree with you on this one.......we call it soccer over here though!!

well it's true bro cause atleast someone agree :)

take care

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.