/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hav U Thought About Death?

alishba
03-06-2006, 07:49 PM
Hav Any Of U Ever Laid In Bed At Night,closed Ur Eyes And Thought About Death?its Weird That When You Do All Of A Sudden This World Seems So Unworthy And You Just Dont Want Anything.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Andaraawus
03-06-2006, 07:51 PM
ah man ....we should ....

Ihya Uluwm Ud Deen is a good book to help in the prepearation for the grave ....wasalams

Kittygyal
03-06-2006, 07:52 PM
well ta tell u da thruf a neva i always fink abwt NOW

take care

Ghazi
03-06-2006, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alishba
Hav Any Of U Ever Laid In Bed At Night,closed Ur Eyes And Thought About Death?its Weird That When You Do All Of A Sudden This World Seems So Unworthy And You Just Dont Want Anything.

Salaam

Hmm, yeah sometimes, I don't even fear it

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MusLiM 4 LiFe
03-06-2006, 07:54 PM
yeah i have.. itz scary wn i think abt it tho.. i scare maself.. al dese signz of wen da wrldz gona end iz soo obvious now.. it really scares me! :rollseyes

The Ruler
03-06-2006, 07:55 PM
hmmm....sumtimes i do n sumtimes i donr :-\

:w:

MusLiM 4 LiFe
03-06-2006, 07:57 PM
its really interestn wn u tlk abt it.. da signz etc.. evn tho iz scary?!

alishba
03-06-2006, 07:57 PM
TRUST ME LAY IN THE DARK,CLOSE YOUR EYES AND PICTURE YOURSELF IN UR GRAVE>ur family have buried u and you can hear their footsteps leaving slow yet you cannot call them.i was never scared but when you think deeply ud realise how unreal and short life is.

------
03-06-2006, 07:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

Hmm, yeah sometimes, I don't even fear it
U dnt fear it :confused:

Ghazi
03-06-2006, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pagal Kuri
U dnt fear it :confused:
Salaam

Nope, It's a part of life so whats the point of fearing it.

------
03-06-2006, 08:03 PM
Wow mashallah ur a gud muslim dat means... I'm scared (i hate to admit) but i am..

MusLiM 4 LiFe
03-06-2006, 08:14 PM
me aswell.. im really scared of it.. but i shdnt becuz da onli thing we shud fear is Allah..

alishba
03-06-2006, 08:17 PM
u should be scared of death to a certain extent.every soul will have to taste death.i wonder how painful it is.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
03-06-2006, 08:28 PM
init.. i wonder.. :|

Kittygyal
03-06-2006, 08:30 PM
yea am sure only god will knw how painful it is

take care

Ghazi
03-06-2006, 08:34 PM
u should be scared of death to a certain extent.every soul will have to taste death.i wonder how painful it is.
Salaam

The pain depends on the deeds if a person is good the angel of death will take the soul with ease , but if the person is bad, the angel of death will take by force.

retro-sister
03-06-2006, 08:37 PM
since my dad passed away thats all i think about at night... oh yea & not forgettin abt the hereafter

Kittygyal
03-06-2006, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by retro-sister
since my dad passed away thats all i think about at night... oh yea & not forgettin abt the hereafter
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( oh god bless em

take care

Ghazi
03-06-2006, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by retro-sister
Salaam

May allah grant him forgiveness and janna

Kittygyal
03-06-2006, 08:47 PM
nw ppl da only thing am gna say is that god knwz bwt wot is gna happen ta uz when we die and i think it's about time we should prepare....

i hope i am ryt ere...

take care

aamirsaab
03-06-2006, 08:59 PM
:sl:
Sometimes I get really scared about death but at the end of the day it's gonna happen and Allah will decide if I go to Heaven or Hell.

I accepted that I'm going to die one day - i'm a mortal, it's in the job description. What I truly am scared about is going to Hell - i don't know about you guys/gals but I sure don't want to end up there.

Kittygyal
03-06-2006, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Sometimes I get really scared about death but at the end of the day it's gonna happen and Allah will decide if I go to Heaven or Hell.

I accepted that I'm going to die one day - i'm a mortal, it's in the job description. What I truly am scared about is going to Hell - i don't know about you guys/gals but I sure don't want to end up there.

that is very true bro ONLY god knwz where we end up in

i certainly agree wiv u :happy: :happy:

take care

sapphire
03-06-2006, 09:08 PM
yea think about it enough....more than once have i been near death and i have thought that i am dying...alhamdulillah i recovered...but it opens my eyes to the fact i will depart from the world and it helps strengthen my imaan.........

mahuruf
03-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Always, I suffer from close-set phobia in the recent days and sometimes the entire bedroom turns into a grave (kabr) for me. The days I suffer, my wife used to tell me that I was reciting the last 3 suras of the qur’an in my sleep.

Wasalaam

Protected_Diamond
03-07-2006, 12:36 PM
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

Think about death every second of my life and especially when you tucked in bed, you always thinking whether you will be alive to see the next day, scary thoughts!!!

may Allah s.w.a increase our imaan insha Allah

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

أحمد
03-07-2006, 01:08 PM

:) Here's a little flash file (I found it a short while back on the net, I can't remember the site, but I've got the file); a reminder. It is most obvious that Death is certain; even disbelievers cannot deny its certainty. Goto: (

Mawt.swf
) You must have Flash Player, to view this.

mahuruf
03-07-2006, 04:12 PM
As'salamu alaikum

Rasulullah S.A.W said "an intelligent person is one who is constantly
thinking about and preparing for death"

Kittygyal
03-07-2006, 04:18 PM
can i ask how do u prepare for death?

take care

MetSudaisTwice
03-07-2006, 04:20 PM
salam
by following the ahkam (laws) of allah and the sunnah of the Prophet SAW
wasalam

mizan_aliashraf
03-07-2006, 04:20 PM
Salam
remembering death can be a form of preparation
1. Make plenty du'a
2. Make plenty tawbah
3. Seek forgiveness from everyone you know
There are many other things also that you can do to prepare for death.

"Every soul shall taste death, then we will resurrect you"

Wassalam

Kittygyal
03-07-2006, 04:26 PM
may i ask wot is tawbah?

and anyway ta for da info bro'z

take care

mizan_aliashraf
03-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Salam
Tawbah = Repentance
Wassalam

nishom
03-07-2006, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
can i ask how do u prepare for death?

take care

We should try to live a life in accordance with the quran and sunnah. Even if we have limited knowledge of these areas, if we aim to live a life based on upright morals, we will find that such morals are indeed Islamic.
Spiritually, we should try to develop a close relationship to God. The best way to do this is through prayer and meditation, contemplating deeply about the creation of the universe, the countless blessings God has bestowed on us, death and the afterlife.
We should also try to keep good relations between parents, family, relatives, friends and anyone we come across in our lives. We should try to set a good example to others and invite them to Islam through our charachters.
When working we should perform to the best of our abilities no matter what field we work in. In this way we will be setting a good example to others.
By trying to improve our charachters, this will inshallah be the ideal prep for death and we will, inshallah, attain jannah.

Ghazi
03-07-2006, 04:36 PM
may i ask wot is tawbah?

and anyway ta for da info bro'z

take care
Salaam

Forgivness

muslimah19
03-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Asalamualikum!

Ah death is something on ma mind all the time. I realise now its somthing i can never escape. I mean i cant imagine maself being tested in such a way. Here in this duniya, we have it easy. Allah is most forgiving. I cant count the number of times where iv gone thru emotions where i had to be sure my sin were being forgiven n subhanallah there they were...wateva sign i asked for was in front of me. Bt yeh allah knows best what is ahead of us

Kittygyal
03-07-2006, 04:40 PM
ok ta everyone :)

may i ask duz every1 av ta prepare for death?

sos 4 askin to many questions :(

az av converted i want ta knw more about izlam and i want ta becum a gud muzlim and i would lyk me beloved brovaz and sistaz ta help me

take care

Ghazi
03-07-2006, 04:42 PM
ok ta everyone :)

may i ask duz every1 av ta prepare for death?

sos 4 askin to many questions :(

az av converted i want ta knw more about izlam and i want ta becum a gud muzlim and i would lyk me beloved brovaz and sistaz ta help me

take care
Salaam

No prob sis, Every one has to learn at some point, I'm still learning, To answer your questions yes we have to prepare for death, we can do this by living a good life and by following the sunnah of the Prophet(pbuh)

Kittygyal
03-07-2006, 04:45 PM
ok ta bro

take care

PaGaL~LaDo0
03-07-2006, 09:12 PM
yup ldz 0f tymz i ave em dyz i tnk b0ut it alt

abdul Majid
03-07-2006, 09:17 PM
the thought of death is only scary and so on if you are not doing your duties as a muslim,

If you do everything ALLAH(swt) tells you, and what propht Muhammed(pbh) tells you, and have good deeds, then have no fear....only fear ALLAH(swt),

Then death is something good, a muslim suffers on this earth, its a test remember, after death is our reward, and may ALLAH(swt) grant us all jennah,,,ameen

Snowflake
03-07-2006, 09:19 PM
Yes, more often than not. I even imagine seeing mulk-al-maut sometimes. It's like a shadow sometimes, with me 24-7. But I am not afraid, as if it's my Allah's will then I can die a million times for Him.
Lol, so many times I've felt like I'm going to die tonite but I just relax, read the kalimah and ask Allah to forgive me and go to sleep. It's actually funny when I wake up in the morning and realise I'm still alive! Im like Ohhh, I was sooo wrong! :giggling:

Ghazi
03-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Salaam

meditation
This some sort of hobby of yours?

SalafiFemaleJih
03-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Yes I do switch off my lights, I have the recitation playing in the background, thats when I think about my grave, when everyone will leave me all alone. I ain't gonna take anything from this duniyah beside a cloth.

I was born alone, I will die alone, and I guess sooner or later I have to leave this duniyah. Even though we forget about death, but fear is always there. I don't fear that death will apart me from this duniyah. Its a fact, that we all have to die subhanAllah, but yaani when I think about the punishment of the grave, punishment of the day of judgement, and punishment of hell fire...thats where fear strikes in my heart subhanAllah.

It would be soo nice If we start rememberin our death every moment of our lives. So it can stop us away from sins, stop us away from evil of this duniyah, and other things which ain't going to benefit us in hereAfter.

Indeed, for believers this duniyah is prison, and for unbelievers paradise. If we kill the feelings/love for this duniyah, then inshaAllah we will attain Jannah easily.

To Allah we all belong, and to HIM we shall return.

Waslmaualikum warhamtullah.

abdul Majid
03-07-2006, 09:29 PM
alhamdulillah sista, in every one of our daily prays, we have to ask GOD, as the rasul(pbh) did, to seek rufuge in ALLAH(swt) from the torment of the grave, hell-fire, anti-christ, and trials of life and death.....and inshallah may ALLAH(swt) make easy the way for us in life and death.......amen

Al-Zaara
03-08-2006, 11:25 AM

Afraid of death? No. Fear death? No.
This life is a prison and the only thing I can and have to do, is to be a good slave of Allah (swt) and follow the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (swt)... I am waiting for the day Allah will call me back to Him. :)

I always think of death. I don't just think of it every second or every minute or every hour... Because death never leaves my mind, it is something I never stop thinking of.

May Allah (swt) have mercy on you, my brothers and sisters, and may your prayers be heard and may you be forgiven for your sins. Amiin.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-08-2006, 11:37 AM
This is a great man who apparently was not afraid of death lol. I heard that if you are a good person death comes to you in a beautiful form smiling but if you are evil he will look like the scariest monster. But thats just wat i heard... enjoy the following hadith, made me laugh lol

from sahih bukhari:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The angel of death was sent to Moses and when he went to him, Moses slapped him severely, spoiling one of his eyes. The angel went back to his Lord, and said, "You sent me to a slave who does not want to die." Allah restored his eye and said, "Go back and tell him (i.e. Moses) to place his hand over the back of an ox, for he will be allowed to live for a number of years equal to the number of hairs coming under his hand." (So the angel came to him and told him the same). Then Moses asked, "O my Lord! What will be then?" He said, "Death will be then." He said, "(Let it be) now." He asked Allah that He bring him near the Sacred Land at a distance of a stone's throw. Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) said, "Were I there I would show you the grave of Moses by the way near the red sand hill."

alishba
03-08-2006, 08:23 PM
iv heard from someone that wen u feel this strange sound or feeling of wind pass your ear it means death has just passed by.anyone have any ideas? also if u c someone die in ur dream does that mean ul die?any other superstitions?

Kittygyal
03-08-2006, 08:24 PM
well av neva heard ov dat 1 :rollseyes

alishba
03-08-2006, 08:25 PM
iv heard dat quite a few times but i dnt fink its true.

Kittygyal
03-08-2006, 08:27 PM
me either.... well were u cd ''also if u c someone die in ur dream does that mean ul die?'' i dn't agree wiv dat cuz ONLY and i mean ONLY god knwz when ur gna die...

am a ryt?

tk/cr

------
03-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Nah i dnt bleev dat..

ISLAMGYAL dnt copy my TKCR!!

LOL Tkcr!

Kittygyal
03-08-2006, 08:31 PM
o ryt TK/CR TK/CR TK/CR TK/CR ;D ;D ;D

ur nasty sis :uhwhat :'(

U CAN READ ALL ME THREADS DEY ALL FINISH WIV TAKE CARE

TK/CR

------
03-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Lol nah its all gud lol

Tkcr ! x

Kittygyal
03-08-2006, 08:35 PM
O Sis Chill Lak

Take Care

The Ruler
03-08-2006, 08:50 PM
iv heard from someone that wen u feel this strange sound or feeling of wind pass your ear it means death has just passed by.anyone have any ideas? also if u c someone die in ur dream does that mean ul die?any other superstitions?
eh!!?? dats jus ridiculous! does death travel...if it passes by u? :?

Z
03-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Salaam.

In regards to the dream, you ought to know that in dreams, what you see isn't what it is. Things are portrayed differently. Nothing is at it seems, although sometimes can be very similar.

And personally I don't think there's such a thing as near death experience. Your time will come, and it will come most surely. It won't go past you, nor hold on steady to reach you. Yes there can be times where you feel you have cheated death - but that again could only be because of God's own will. It could even be a warning from above.

Kittygyal
03-08-2006, 08:54 PM
diz thread is sum kid ov joke eh!

diz iz NOT and i mean NOT tru!

Halima
03-08-2006, 09:57 PM

Threads merged.

*charisma*
03-09-2006, 12:07 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Everyone thinks about death, its something natural and humanistic to do. Its going to happen to everyone sometime in their life but it doesnt mean ur life has ended.

I don't know if i fear death or not honestly, i fear more the state and time that i will die in more than i fear death itself, but if you fear Allah and die seeking His mercy and forgiveness, then there's no need to fear death.

It's better to prepare for death, then to find that death has already prepared for you.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

SalafiFemaleJih
03-09-2006, 12:13 AM
Sometimes we hear random things from ppl, but subhanAllah when you ask these ppl for Daleel as in evidence/proof, they sum it up by sayin "so and so scholar said it" SubhanAllah yaanii these ppl are soo Jahil. Don't blindly follow anyone. Wind passing by your ear or whatosever is not according to Qur'an and Hadith. Correct me If I'm wrong. JazakAllah khayran.

Wasalmaualaikum Warhamtullah.

Lush
03-09-2006, 12:27 AM
I think about death all the time.

The uncertainty scares me, but the promise of peace is soothing.

"Nothing gold can stay." At least not in this world. But maybe in the next.

usamuslimah64
03-09-2006, 07:08 AM
Salam alaykum,
I used to be terrified of dying.I used to have Panic Attacks when I thought about dying(really, I did) I think it is because I was not sure about what would happen to me after I die, would it hurt, and the fear of not knowing..After bringing my sick Mother home and caring for her til she died, my perspective changed alot. My Mother was not a Muslim so It was sad for me me to watch her suffer and die. After she was gone, I really questioned what exactly was important in this life? I was a new Muslim at the time. Personally, I have come to the conclusion that this life is a fleeting moment and all to soon it is gone and u are facing your judgement..Its kinda like this, u know when u have made plans to go somewhere important, and it seems forever til its time, and then suddenly its there and ur at the event, afterwards, u say wow that was really fast. Well, thats how it is with death, before you know it u are there..so u must prepare for it now, we do not know, u could sleep tonight and never wake up. Are u ready to face the judgement if that happens? Pray and ask forgiveness, help others and follow the Sunnah now, while there is time, and then I think u don't have much to worry about. I want to post this song on the site(the words anyway) and u can really get a sense of what it will be like. It is an arabic song and I have the translated version.
Dust is my bed.
Dust is my bed, embraces me and it’s my cover now
The sand surrounds me even behind my back
And the grave tells a dankness of my affliction
And the brightness draws a line……………
Where is my family’s love? They sold my loyalty!
And where is my group of friends? They left my brotherhood!
Where is the bliss of money? It’s behind my back now
And my name (reputation) where is it shine between praises
This is my end and this is my bed

And love farewells its longing and my eulogized cries
And the tears went dry after crying
And the universe became narrow and so is my space
And the grave became my ground and sky
This is my end and this is my bed

Fear fills my estrangement and sadness is my illness
I expect firmness and I swear it’s my cure
And for Allah i pray faithfully, you are my hope
Allah! I desire heaven, to find bliss in it

And for Allah i pray faithfully, you are my hope
Allah! I desire heaven, to find bliss in it

http://www.lightuponlight.com/islam/...&lid=402&num=0
Alla Hafeez, sister Susan

usamuslimah64
03-09-2006, 07:29 AM
Salam Alaykum...I am posting another link to a Nasheed about Death.

http://www.lightuponlight.com/islam/...&lid=385&num=0

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.