/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A bizarre Incident

Z
04-18-2005, 02:47 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Nothing major but today I witnessed the most bizarre thing ever. Every morning, I catch 3 buses before I get to school. Blah, forget that. On the last bus, there normally is a sister who is on it (if I'm on time). She's covered in head to toe, niqaab, jilbab everything.

Now out of respect, I sit in front of her on the bus and not behind her. (Would you say that's respect of me being stupid?) There is only us two muslims (80% of the time) on the bus to school.

Today, someones phone went off. It rang, and rang, and rang, and no one answered. I daren't turn around to see what's going on because of this sister. As soon as we get off, this sister walks off in the other direction and answers her phone.

I was taken aback by this and yet cannot understand as to why she did such a thing. Anyone have any idea? I can only think of her not wanting to speak out loud so that everyone (I) can then hear her voice.

What do you guys think? Piety or stupidity?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
niqaabii
04-18-2005, 02:49 PM
lol
mayb she had a beautiful voice and didnt want u to hear it just incase u get attracted to her.....

swanlake
04-18-2005, 02:50 PM
:sl:

Allahu A'llam why she did that however it would have been better for all if she were to silence it. I know i would have been too embarrased to speak on the phone whilst i was on a bus or train.

niqaabii
lolz..
by the way im only messing...mayb she didnt want to b the centre of attention in the bus or she didnt want everyone to hear the conversation she wouldve have

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Z
Asalamu Alaikum

What? Attracted to her? I already am. Ok, maybe not.

I still don't fully understand. Is there any words of the prophet that like kind of backs her actions?

niqaabii
04-18-2005, 02:53 PM
i think ..if shes a proper practising muslim then whateva she done ws right...coz i persoanlly wouldnt ansa a fone call if there the bus is packed out wid ppl..coz then everyone would start looking at ya ..and id b like yh ..im onli on the fone for goodness sake
lolz

Z
04-18-2005, 02:55 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

So sister, what you're saying is because she would feel embarassed or be 'the centre of attention', she didn't answer till she got off? What has that got to do with piety, isn't that more of a self image/esteem kind of thing?

swanlake
04-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Isnt a girl's voice awra'?

Z
04-18-2005, 02:58 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

What's "awra" sister?

swanlake
04-18-2005, 03:03 PM

I cant tell u in English bro. It is the things a non-mehram shouldnt see or hear....
someone correct me pls

niqaabii
04-18-2005, 03:03 PM
there r alot of thigns to look at
mayb she ws shy of talking infront of everyone
mayb she didnt wanna b heard from the ppl...coz its obvious dat ppl r gna listen to the convo ..they aint gna block their ears just for her
mayb she knew it ws gna b a fonecall on a personal matta..
and the list goes on and on

niqaabii
04-18-2005, 03:04 PM
isnt awra...hm..modesty..im guessing by the way

Z
04-18-2005, 03:09 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Shy? She cannot be, she has the courage to dress in such a state and not be scared of anyone, why would she be shy in talking in front of people.

I'll Google Awra, see what I can find.

Genius
04-18-2005, 03:11 PM
I have no idea what's going on.

niqaabii
04-18-2005, 03:11 PM
just coz she dresses in that way..it doesnt mean shes shy...
though she had the courage to wear the full veil..doesnt mean shes full of self confidence and self esteem does it??
being shy is part of modesty.

niqaabii
04-18-2005, 03:12 PM
y r u soo bothered about this incident for?
lol

Z
04-18-2005, 03:14 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Ah yes, you're right sister. My mistake.

I think I kind of understand now. I'm still shocked, may Allah grant this sister (whoever she is) a happy and blissful life. Ameen

Genius, then you need not reply.

Z
04-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by niqaabii
y r u soo bothered about this incident for?
I don't know, but I'll try figure it out and let you know. :)

SalafiFemaleJih
04-18-2005, 08:00 PM
Asalamaualaikum wr wb,

today i was at the store(fully covered head to toe) there were lot of people standing beside me in the line...and my phone rang...I didn't answer...because IF I have sweet voice...I think i dont' lol...so muslims around me can get attracted SubhanAllah. And really I can't talk in a serious tone....i'm always jokin around....so...other people who were beside me...can get a wrong idea...u know what i mean...

so maybe, she didn't want others to hear her voice....so they might get attracted.

could be something elseeeeeeee.......

walaikum salaam wr wb.

Z
04-18-2005, 08:11 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Yeah, I guess it was because of that.

niqaabii
04-18-2005, 08:21 PM
yh dats what i thought aswell

S_87
04-18-2005, 08:28 PM
a ladies voice being awrah is of different opinion

but i dont see nuffing wrong with what she did

half the time i do that too ???

Z
04-18-2005, 08:31 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Sister, we are not saying there is anything wrong with what she did. How you got that impression I do not know. I just wanted to know whether this is supposed to be done by the sisters and if it has any backing from the words of the prophet or not. I'm pleased to know you also do that. Out of piety and modesty I hope.

niqaabii
04-18-2005, 08:33 PM
i kno theres a hadith dat women aint allowed to speak softly or raise their voice in front of men..something like that
dnt know the exact words though
mayb som1 else might b able on help on that

S_87
04-18-2005, 08:37 PM
just a bit on womens voice..
Question: I want to know if a woman’s voice is from her `awrah (something that she must conceal from men)?

Answered by Sheikh Muhammad b. Sâlih al-`Uthaymîn

The woman’s voice is not something to be ashamed of or something that she must conceal from strange men.

The proof for this is that Allah says to the Mothers of the Believers (the Prophet’s wives): “Be not too complaisant of speech, lest on in whose heart is a disease should be moved with desire.” [Sûrah al-Ahzâb: 33]

In this verse Allah says: “Be not too complaisant of speech.” He does not command them not to speak.

Also, in the biography of the Prophet (peace be upon him), there are many cases where women came to the Prophet (peace be upon him) to ask him about their religious concerns in the presence of other men, but he never stopped them, even after the verse legislating hijâb was revealed.

However, women should not talk to men unnecessarily.

S_87
04-18-2005, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kerned Indian
Asalamu Alaikum
modesty I hope.

well if its silence then i dont like being the only one talking
or i love my ring tone so i let my phone ring
or i cant be asked talking
depends

Z
04-18-2005, 08:44 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Jazak Allah for that sister.

Far7an
04-18-2005, 08:52 PM
Maybe she wanted to get away from the creepy brother who was always looking at her. :)

Z
04-18-2005, 09:04 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

:crickey:

Oh no, I knew someone was going to suss me out!

SalafiFemaleJih
04-18-2005, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kerned Indian
Asalamu Alaikum

:crickey:

Oh no, I knew someone was going to suss me out!
lol don't worry akhi.

walaikum salaam wr wb.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.