/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel sorry for non muslims?

Protected_Diamond
03-07-2006, 09:30 PM
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakathu and Hello to all the non muslims :)

Brothers and sisters do you feel sorry for non muslims knowing that they going to end up in hell?

In college i've got some really nice christian friends & i just wish sometimes they study Islam and discover the truth insha Allah.

It's a bit depressing knowing that they won't ever see Jannat don't you think?

What are your views? :?

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

Peace!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Z
03-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Salaam

What about the Muslims who aren't pracitising and go about their Haraam ways without any shame at all.

Ghazi
03-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Salaam

Well they might be guided, sometimes I do.

Protected_Diamond
03-07-2006, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam

What about the Muslims who aren't pracitising and go about their Haraam ways without any shame at all.
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

But after a muslim is punished (for their sins) don't they go to jannah? Im sure they do, not that it makes it okay for us to committ sins but just a thought!

May Allah s.w.a make our imaan strong Ameen!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Protected_Diamond
03-07-2006, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

Well they might be guided, sometimes I do.

Insha Allah :) And of course Allah s.w.a knows best!

Tasneem
03-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Maybe....sometimes...

SalafiFemaleJih
03-07-2006, 09:38 PM
I just pray to Allah subhanwatala to guide em to the right path.

true, what about our Muslim friends who are born into muslim familia, but ain't even close to practisin? May Allah swt guide our Muslim Ummah to the right path, the path of pious Ameen.

Waaslmaaulaikum Warhamtullah.

PS. I don have a single non muslim friend, so i donno how it feels :s

Kittygyal
03-07-2006, 09:39 PM
well sis pinky :) they maybe NOT all that go in HELL!!!

take care

Believer5
03-07-2006, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Proud ukht

In college i've got some really nice christian friends & i just wish sometimes they study Islam and discover the truth insha Allah.

I haven't researched much on this topic, but I think there is some debate regarding whether non-muslims will go to heaven, especially People of the Book.

Fate of Non-muslims

Christians and Jews in Heaven?

But I know what you mean. my best friend was atheist. and she was soooo sweet that i really hope she realises one day God exists and so can be in Heaven. or may be she isn't really as good as I think she is and so will end up in Hell. Allahul alam.

SalafiFemaleJih
03-07-2006, 09:41 PM

But after a muslim is punished (for their sins) don't they go to jannah? Im sure they do, not that it makes it okay for us to committ sins but just a thought!

sister, I would love it if you go into details about that hadith which talks about summat like that. inshaAllah.
Wasalmaualaikum warhatmulah.

Protected_Diamond
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
well sis pinky :) they maybe NOT all that go in HELL!!!

take care

:giggling: @ Pinky (love that nikname)

Jannat is only for those who is a firm believer in Islam :)

Ameen to your duas sis s.f.j :rose:

Kittygyal
well can i just say only GOD knwz ew's goin down ta HELL r HEAVEN

take care

Ghazi
03-07-2006, 09:42 PM

Salaam

True, every muslim who has an atom faith will end up eventually in janna.

Protected_Diamond
03-07-2006, 09:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SalafiFemaleJih
sister, I would love it if you go into details about that hadith which talks about summat like that. inshaAllah.
Wasalmaualaikum warhatmulah.

Im sorry sis i can't provide you with a hadith because i think my islamic teacher told me that, not sure! Sorry again!

Nawal89
03-07-2006, 09:44 PM
I feel sad. reallly sad sometimes. I have some family whose christian and i can only make dua that Allah shows them the truth. But then i feel sad for those muslims who are just muslims by name too, and have the knowledge and dont practice it.

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-07-2006, 10:54 PM
:sl:
This issue was explored in this thread:
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...aven-hell.html

The bottom line is that we are not to judge who is going to heaven or hell, that is God's position. We don't know the extent to which someone sought to submit to God. Our duty is just to convey the message to submit to him and follow his guidance. Our good behaviour towards non-muslims can bring them closer to Islam and help them realize the truth.

:w:

Khattab
03-07-2006, 11:39 PM
No one here is guaranteed Jannah, as brother Ansar has pointed out. The Second Caliph, Ameer al-Mu'mineen Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (ra) in his final stages was lying on the lap of his son Abdullah (ra), Umar (ra) said to him 'My son place my head on the floor', Abdullah (ra) crying asked him 'Why my father?' and the words from Umar where 'If Umar is destined for Jannah then know that the pillows of Jannah are softer than your thighs and if Umar is destined for Jahanam then know that you dont want a Jahanami in your thighs'.

If this is the state and humbleness of a great man like Umar (ra), a man who the Prophet (SAW) said if there was to come after me a Prophet it would be Umar (ra), then surely it is something we should follow and not decide where we all end up, only Allah (SWT) can judge.

We should all have a care for humanity and call them to the right path and pray that Allah (SWT) opens up the hearts of all mankind, if the Nabi Muhammad (SAW) can pray for guidance and forgivness for enemies then who are we not too. His (SAW) heart was so soft and merciful, and the people who are living now are part of his ummah and he is their Prophet sent to them, not just the muslims, we all know he (SAW) would weep for his ummah. May Allah (SWT) guide humanity to the truth, ameen and eminate in all our hearts humbleness and emaan inshallah.

nikki
03-08-2006, 12:21 AM
Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh ummah

i know Allahu Allim who goes to Jannah or Jahanam, and insha'Allah we be blessed with Jannah- do i feel sorry for those non-muslims? simple answer is- yes i do! those who shall be sent to hell i get so sad sometimes, especially being a revert and my old friends are non-muslim, ALL my bio' family are non-muslim, so the ones who i love dearly it does hurt thinking this- and it was hard to deal with befor i took the shahada and just after, i cried a ot to think they may never see Jannah.....
BUT Allahu Allim, we never know who will fall under the mercy of Allah, and those who hate on the ummah, i pity them- i think we can hate the kuffar as much as we want but i think it all boils down to pity- always!
why do we hate? for their views? and are their views right? NO! so what do we feel when we know they are wrong and they are so determined they are right....? saddness and pity i think! in my opinion anyway
i dont think it matters if u personally know a kuffar or not- dont we feel bad for them all???
Allahu Akbar may this Ummah be blessed in the akhirah Insha'Allah!

wa alaikum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

journey 2 Allah
03-08-2006, 12:40 AM
salaaam at my playgroup wen i take my children , the non muslim ladys are so nice there and i try to talk to them abt islam
but no luck, do feel sorry for em
but they need to know dat for all the dirty sinns they commit they think that'jesus' went on the cross for them so that wotever sinns they commit they are forgiven
den wot purpose is left in this world
why dint evry one of em end up in jannat
dey are deaf,dumb,and blind as Tasneem said. if a human does not soley accept Allah and his messenger den how can he ever enter jannat
until they say La ila ha illahu muhhamadur rasoolallah straight from the heart and accept islam,and admit that our beloved nabi was of the last of prophets then they can never go to paradise
may be those who are say disabled die in childhood, non baligh, etc then they may be the ones who will enter jannat......
wasalaaaam but i aint sayin dat our own musims are perfect. we also need to live islam, breath islam, know islam, love islam
slp islam, our body and soul should be ooozing with islam, and islam only yet we fail to meet those standards so may Allah save us from evil doings inshallah

Lush
03-08-2006, 08:15 AM
I'm getting the warm fuzzies from this thread. Let me tell ya. ;)

I really never had a Muslim tell me that they felt sorry for me, and that I was going to hell.

Plenty of Christians though.

itsme01
03-08-2006, 08:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lush
I really never had a Muslim tell me that they felt sorry for me, and that I was going to hell.
If a Muslim says that "you are going to hell" then he is misguided or lacks knowledge. However, Christians do believe that every "Non-Christian" will go to hell, buts thats a different story.

Feeling sorry in natural - regardless of what the other person follows. (i mean for earthly matter)

Lush
03-08-2006, 08:48 AM
I think Christians are a very diverse group, and my mother, for example, would never tell another human being that they're going to hell. Some Southern Baptist folks around these parts however, are quite a different story. Not to mention a few of the Catholic folks I know. Though I don't mean to badmouth them at all, and there are always those among them that I can find a language of understanding with.

There's actually a joke, stolen partially from Dante Aligheri, about this, that people like to tell around the South.

A man has a dream that he is on a tour of heaven. In the dream, he is riding an elevator with an angelic companion, and the elevator opens its doors on each "floor" of heaven and lets him peer in.

"Here are the various Muslim heavens." Says the angel.

"Here are the Hindu heavens."

"Ok, now you have to be very quiet, because we are approaching the Christian heaven and our first stop is the Catholics."

"Great. But why do I have to be so quiet?"

"The Catholics think they're the only ones here."

itsme01
03-08-2006, 08:55 AM
^ lol nice

ps: hindus dont have heaven (they believe in reincarnation 9 or 7 times - then thats it - although concept of heaven is in their book)

IbnAbdulHakim
03-08-2006, 11:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by itsme01
^ lol nice

ps: hindus dont have heaven (they believe in reincarnation 9 or 7 times - then thats it - although concept of heaven is in their book)
accordin to dr.zakir naik the ideology of reincarnation came about the the indian philosophers couldnt answer why disabled were born. Some children born without eyesight, hearing etc. So they not being able to answer this question came up wiv reincarnation HOWEVER, apparently the "authentic" scriptures mention nothing about reincarnation!

This is according to dr.zakir naik

Snowflake
03-08-2006, 11:48 AM
saufia;204062]I haven't researched much on this topic, but I think there is some debate regarding whether non-muslims will go to heaven, especially People of the Book.

Quran98:6 Those who reject (Truth), among the People of the Book and among the Polytheists, will be in Hell-Fire, to dwell therein (for aye). They are the worst of creatures.
Inna allatheena kafaroo min ahli alkitabiwaalmushrikeena fee nari jahannama khalideenafeeha ola-ika hum sharru albariyyati

akulion
03-08-2006, 11:56 AM
I dont have time to worry about others going to hell or heaven!

I dont know where im gona be myself!

One can try and help others - but we must also remember valuable lessons from the Quran and Sunnah:

1. Be not like those who invited people to the good while ye forgot to do it yourself [A verse in the Quran, cant remember the ref]

2. There will be a man in hellfire who will be going around in cicles and the people therin will ask him, "what did you do to deserve this?"
He will reply, "I used to invite others to the good but I did not do it myself"
[Bukhari Hadith]

And finally I would like to give you advice from Surah Luqman [31] which Allah swt has given to us in the regards of this topic.....

22 - Whoever submits his whole self to Allah and is a doer of good has grasped indeed the most trustworthy hand-hold: and with Allah rests the End and Decision of (all) affairs.
23 - But if any reject Faith let not his rejection grieve thee: to Us is their return and We shall tell them the truth of their deeds: for Allah knows well all that is in (men's) hearts.

Andaraawus
03-08-2006, 11:57 AM
As-Salamau Alaykum ,

we should be. thats the sunnah ...wasalams

akulion
03-08-2006, 12:01 PM
We should try and be good muslims ourselves - the best dawah is not through words along but through the actions.

Believe it or not the more time we spend on being better Muslims the better the dawah activity will become.

Let me give you a simple example:

Muslim Empire in the past - the world looked at it with awe and was inspired from it.

Muslims of today - Yousef Islam said, 'If I had met Muslims before I read the Quran, I would not have been a Muslim today'

Andaraawus
03-08-2006, 12:03 PM
The Prophet saws was concerned for his people, he knew what was coming so he did all he could to prevent them from the hellfire even one hadith outlines that people are like moths attracted to the fire but the Holy Prophet saws was eager to stop them trying the hardest he could but they were getting past him , the Holy Prophet saws always did dua for the non believeres and called them to eat and gave them gifts in order they would hear the message of Islam so they would be saved furthermore Imam Nawawi quotes this hadith:

'None of you believe until you love for your brother what you love for yourself '

he says concerning this hadith:

this hadith 'should be interpretated in terms of universal brotherhood even to the extent of encompassing disbelievers and Muslims. One loves for ones disbelieving brother what one loves for himself' his entrance into Islam, just as one loves for ones Muslim brother his continuance in Islam. For this reason supplication for a disbelievers guidance is reccomended. this Hadith proves the incompleteness of the faith of whoever does not love for his brother what he loves for himself' Nawawis forty Hadith, Hadith nuber 12

The Holy Prophet pbuh also said:

'love for humanity what you love for yourself' Sahih Bukhari

'By the One in whose hands is my life! no one is a believer unless he loves for his neighbour what he loves for himself. ' Muslim . kitaab ul imaan chapter 17

'Behave good to your neighbour and you will become a believer, love for people what you love for yourself and you will become Muslim.' Tirmizi - book of devotion - chapter 2

wasalams

Andaraawus
03-08-2006, 12:05 PM
'If I had met Muslims before I read the Quran, I would not have been a Muslim today'

that is a very true statement and why?

Narrated Ziyad ibn Labid

Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) spoke of something and said: It will happen when knowledge will be no more.

I said: Allah's Messenger, how will knowledge vanish despite the fact that we will be reciting the Qur'an and teaching its recitation to our children and our children will teach its recitation to their children up to the Day of Resurrection?

Thereupon he said: Ziyad, may your mother weep over you. I was of the opinion that you were one of those who have greatest understanding of religion in Medina.

Do these Jews and Christians not recite the Torah and the Bible but not act according to what is contained in them?

Transmitted by Ahmad, Ibn Majah, Tirmidhi--Hadith #105

akulion
03-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Brother the fact remains that people in todays world are not in majority coming to Islam because of the "great characteristics of the muslims" or "great technological advancements of the Islamic countries"

They are in majority coming to Islam via the Quran and the Sunnah when they read it.

If we look at a single Muslim country what do we see?

- Corruption
- Pollution
- Illiteracy
etc etc etc

So it is not words alone that matter

It is not proper to compare the Prophet (s) or his sahabah to the Muslims of today - because compared to them we are shameful failures!

So as Charity begins at home - so does dawah
we should wrk on ourselves before going out to others and worrying about all the rest.

after all we dont want to end up like the example of the man who used to invite others to good while he forgot to do it to himself

Rabi'ya
03-08-2006, 04:58 PM

i have not read ALL the thread so not sure if someone has pointed this out before.

I would jsut like to say that not everyone in the world has had the opportunity to know Islam. Therefore is is not possible to judge those people. We should obviously try to introduce as many people as we can to the wonderful life of Islam but ultimately it is not up to us to judge anyone.

Rabi'ya:rose:

IbnAbdulHakim
03-08-2006, 05:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

i have not read ALL the thread so not sure if someone has pointed this out before.

I would jsut like to say that not everyone in the world has had the opportunity to know Islam. Therefore is is not possible to judge those people. We should obviously try to introduce as many people as we can to the wonderful life of Islam but ultimately it is not up to us to judge anyone.

but if a person says they have no faith in "AHAD" doesnt that mean there ignorant and doomed to hell?:?

j4763
03-08-2006, 05:05 PM
Please don’t feel sorry for me as a non-Muslim. For I don’t pity Muslims for being Muslim.
:)

Rabi'ya
03-08-2006, 05:05 PM
what if theyve never had the chance to even believe a concept other than the one they were brought up with?

im thinking about tribes in the rainforest...for example, how would they be able to see any way of life other than how their elders brough them up?

IbnAbdulHakim
03-08-2006, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
what if theyve never had the chance to even believe a concept other than the one they were brought up with?

im thinking about tribes in the rainforest...for example, how would they be able to see any way of life other than how their elders brough them up?

those tribes may believe in "AHAD"!!! They may have faith that there is one supreme power ruling ova the world even if they are not aware of the beauty of the islamic religion, they still may feel the presence of Allah and therefore i believe Allah may have mercy on dem

but... then theres those people who have heard about islam, learnt about the one and hsi messenger and still dont believe in him... thats plane arrogance, they are the ones who Allah has shown the way yet they refuse to believe. So they are indeed doomed!

Rabi'ya
03-08-2006, 05:14 PM
agreed brother !!! :)

j4763
03-08-2006, 05:21 PM
those tribes may believe in "AHAD"!!! They may have faith that there is one supreme power ruling ova the world even if they are not aware of the beauty of the islamic religion, they still may feel the presence of Allah and therefore i believe Allah may have mercy on dem
What if those tribes dont believe in "AHAD"?

cool_jannah
03-08-2006, 05:40 PM
falsehood is an addiction
and non-muslims are making the best effort to make their way to jahannam. i dont feel sorry for all of them. they know that they are wrong. its just their hate towards the truth. but i do feel sorry sometimes when i think of the painful punishments of hell.
non-muslims dont realize that the biggest crime a human being can commit is disbelief in the Powerful Ruler and Master of this Universe - Allah, Subhanahu wa Ta'ala, the Most Merciful.

j4763
03-08-2006, 05:44 PM
But what about non-Muslims who have never herd of Islam who are living in the deep dark jungles of the world, and worship no god. Is it fair for them to go to hell?

PaGaL~LaDo0
03-08-2006, 05:44 PM
yea man i d0 ezply da kidz c0z der juz d0in v0t der prntz ave t0rt dem 2 d0 v r s0oo0o0o0 lcky v v0z brn muzlmz alhumdullilah :D

cool_jannah
03-08-2006, 05:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by j4763
But what about non-Muslims who have never herd of Islam who are living in the deep dark jungles of the world, and worship no god. Is it fair for them to go to hell?
Good point. There will be a place called al-A'raaf between the Jannah and Jahannam.
1) Over here it is said that people who had never heard of Islam or a Prophet never came to them, but they still believed in the Onness of Allah will be placed here. 2) People whose scale of good deeds and bad deeds will be same.
I think there were a few more categories, i dont remember them.
Finally with the Mercy of Allah all of these WILL be going to Jannah.

basitisnumberone
03-08-2006, 07:00 PM
brother, i've heard of this place as well. but i've never come across a hadith concerning it, not that i've read every hadith. do you know of any hadith that states this?

IbnAbdulHakim
03-09-2006, 04:12 PM
ye i wud also like to see this hadith.

Please show it bro :sl:

Nawal89
03-09-2006, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PaGaL~LaDo0
yea man i d0 ezply da kidz c0z der juz d0in v0t der prntz ave t0rt dem 2 d0 v r s0oo0o0o0 lcky v v0z brn muzlmz alhumdullilah :D

what ARE you trying to say?

IbnAbdulHakim
03-09-2006, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
what ARE you trying to say?
LOL

yea man i d0 ezply da kidz c0z der juz d0in v0t der prntz ave t0rt dem 2 d0 v r s0oo0o0o0 lcky v v0z brn muzlmz alhumdullilah -

yea man i do especially the kids coz there jus doin what there parents have taught them to do, we are sooo lucky we was born muslims ALHAMDULLILAH!

lol i tihnk i got it right ;D

afriend2
03-09-2006, 04:28 PM
salaam,

i have some great friends that are unfortunately not muslim, and therefore i do feel upset knowing that they do not believe in Allah and that they can go to Hell due to this. :(

but i guess once you give dawah and explain things to them, it is their responsibility as to what they are going to do next. inshAllah they will make the choice of being muslims, but until then.......:'(

wassalam

IbnAbdulHakim
03-09-2006, 04:32 PM
once i went up to this really religious brother i know and i asked him...

bro dont you feel sorry for all those good hearter disbelievers out there?

he turned to me and said good hearted.... *i could see his look changin to more serious and angry*... HOW CAN YOU CALL THEM GOOD HEARTED WEN THEY DARE TO DISBELIEVE IN ALLAH AND HIS MESSENGER WEN ALL THE PROOF HAS BEEN SHOWN TO THEM, WE TRY OUR BEST TO REVERT THEM BUT THEY ARE ARROGANT AND ARE THEREFORE DOOMED! SUCH IGNORANT PEOPLE NEED NO PITY!! but this brother is jus like that for real he ALWAYS gives dawa alhamdullilah and inshaAllah with his help many will be reverted, but wat he says is kinda true... if there good... why dont they accept Allah!!

Mawaddah
03-09-2006, 04:41 PM
A person can be good and still not beleive in Allah brother

Greatest example, look at Abu Taalib the Prophets Uncle. He was good in all ways towards his nephew, but still he was not muslim.
Also, there is a hadeeth if I'm not mistaken, saying that a Disbeleiver gets rewards for his good deeds here in this world, but on the Hereafter only Eternal hell Awaits him.
Wallahu a'lam

IbnAbdulHakim
03-09-2006, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AsilahRana
A person can be good and still not beleive in Allah brother

Greatest example, look at Abu Taalib the Prophets Uncle. He was good in all ways towards his nephew, but still he was not muslim.
Also, there is a hadeeth if I'm not mistaken, saying that a Disbeleiver gets rewards for his good deeds here in this world, but on the Hereafter only Eternal hell Awaits him.
Wallahu a'lam
really? sister please can you show me the hadith, it would be a great help and an eye opener

IbnAbdulHakim
03-09-2006, 04:43 PM
oh i jus read wat u said, theres no point of havin reward in this dunya, no1 wants to go to hell :offended:

renak
03-09-2006, 05:27 PM
If someone feels sorry for nonmuslims because they are going to hell, I would suggest that they go out and attempt to convert as many people as they can to Islam. Not doing so seems incredibly selfish, lazy, and would be very offensive to Allah/God.

j4763
03-09-2006, 05:41 PM
A non muslim could feel sorry for a muslim for wasting there life worshipping a non existing god, or someone from a different religion could feel equally sorry for a Muslim for praying to the wrong god and making what they believe the “real” god angrier and angrier for praying to the other god.

------
03-09-2006, 05:45 PM
once i went up to this really religious brother i know and i asked him...

bro dont you feel sorry for all those good hearter disbelievers out there?

he turned to me and said good hearted.... *i could see his look changin to more serious and angry*... HOW CAN YOU CALL THEM GOOD HEARTED WEN THEY DARE TO DISBELIEVE IN ALLAH AND HIS MESSENGER WEN ALL THE PROOF HAS BEEN SHOWN TO THEM, WE TRY OUR BEST TO REVERT THEM BUT THEY ARE ARROGANT AND ARE THEREFORE DOOMED! SUCH IGNORANT PEOPLE NEED NO PITY!! but this brother is jus like that for real he ALWAYS gives dawa alhamdullilah and inshaAllah with his help many will be reverted, but wat he says is kinda true... if there good... why dont they accept Allah!!
Thats true bro...

renak
03-09-2006, 05:50 PM
"HOW CAN YOU CALL THEM GOOD HEARTED WEN THEY DARE TO DISBELIEVE IN ALLAH AND HIS MESSENGER WEN ALL THE PROOF HAS BEEN SHOWN TO THEM"

Who showed all nonbelievers in Islam the proof? I've known hundreds of muslims and never been showed the proof, not even a invitation to learn more about Islam. hmmm....

Cheb
03-09-2006, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by renak
If someone feels sorry for nonmuslims because they are going to hell, I would suggest that they go out and attempt to convert as many people as they can to Islam. Not doing so seems incredibly selfish, lazy, and would be very offensive to Allah/God.
Salam.
"First, it is impossible to “convince” another person of the truth of Islam, such that through a certain line of reasoning and debate, one is able to convert a non-Muslim to Islam. Nowhere in the Qur’an or Sunnah are Muslims instructed to “convince” non-Muslims. In fact, Allah says in the Qur’an what means:
*{Among them are some who listen to thee: but canst thou make the deaf to hear even though they are without understanding? Among them are some who look at thee: but canst thou guide the blind even though they will not see?}* (Yunus 10:42-43)

In other words, Allah is the One Who guides and Who leads astray. While this does not remove the responsibility from the Muslim to invite non-Muslims to Islam, it does show us that we are in reality powerless to open another’s heart to Islam. Nevertheless, we do da`wah (inviting to Islam) because it is the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) and it is the means by which Allah often (but not always) spreads His guidance.

God has ordered Muslims to invite others to His way through da`wah. So this is what Muslims will be asked about. As for the "convincing", it is a matter in the hands of Allah. There is a big difference between inviting someone to something and between convincing him with it.

This argument may seem like a trivial point, but it is important to remember that the Prophet Muhammad’s uncle Abu Talib, one of the most beloved people in the world to him, was not guided to Islam before his death. The Prophet had spoken to his uncle about Islam and prayed for him countless times, yet nevertheless, the Messenger of Allah himself was powerless to convince him.

In reality, Allah’s existence is so obvious that many people cannot perceive Him. An analogy can be made with light: We are able to perceive the existence of light because of its contrast with darkness and shadow. Were there to be no darkness, we would only see light, which would be so obvious and all encompassing that we might not be able to identify it as a separate entity. In the same way, Allah’s light never diminishes or fades, and there is nothing to oppose or counter it. Just like the hypothetical light that knows no shadow, Allah is so obvious that many people fail to notice Him.

Returning to our initial argument, many Muslims believe that they can convince others of the truth of Islam though cold logic. The “scientific miracles in the Qur’an” da`wah has become popular during the past decade, while in fact, in my personal opinion, it echoes the inferiority complex of the Muslim world vis-à-vis the West. As one contemporary Muslim thinker explains:

“Many modernized Muslims, like so many other Orientals, equate science with civilization and judge the value of any human society and its culture by whether or not it has produced science, disregarding completely the lessons of the history of science itself.” (Islam and the Plight of Modern Man, Seyyed Hossein Nasr, p. 186)

I see that a person whose iman (faith) is based upon the Qur’an’s miraculous mention of the expansion of the universe, for instance, has little iman at all, in fact. Rather, his heart is saying, “Scientific knowledge is absolute truth; thus if the Qur’an confirms it, then it must be a part of truth also.” If such an “iman” is not supplemented and reinforced by something more experiential, it will quickly fade. Therefore, I strongly recommend not pursuing the “scientific miracles in the Qur’an” line of da`wah with your friend.

Since the Enlightenment period, a significant portion of Europe (and America to some extent) has preferred nihilism over religion. While nihilism itself deserves no philosophical respect, it is hard to blame Europeans for their animosity toward religion in general. Whether it is in the form of some exploitative popes, sappy missionaries, sanctimonious fire-and-brimstone preachers, or violent Islamist extremists, men of religion have not conveyed the positive meaning to religion that it deserves. You must keep in mind that your Dutch audience is most likely very skeptical of any religion, let alone the religion of “the dark man from the East.” This should not discourage you; rather it should channel your da`wah away from certain sensitive issues that are specific to the European culture.

Returning to your question, the most important ingredients to make your da`wah effective both for you and your friend are sincerity, certainty, compassion, and virtue.

Speaking with your friend about Islam must be solely for the sake of Allah. At no point should you try and “beat him” in a specific debate, make him look foolish, or lose sight of your objective, namely calling him sincerely to Allah. You must correct your intention repeatedly throughout your da`wah, and you should try and stay in the remembrance of Allah as much as possible.

You must speak as if you see the metaphysical reality of this world before your very eyes. If I had knowledge that somebody was about to kill my friend, how would I speak to him? Even if he did not initially believe me, my earnestness and seriousness would eventually convince him. Similarly, your level of certainty will have a direct bearing on the effectiveness of your speech. Incidentally, a person’s level of certainty in something increases the more he sacrifices for it; thus, the more you invite to Allah, the more you will believe in Him yourself.

Throughout your da`wah, you must have true compassion for your friend and want the best for him in this world and the next. The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) had compassion even for his enemies, and you must reflect the same type of concern for all of humanity. In this vein, your du`aa’ (supplicating) at night for your friend is on equal footing with your da`wah during the day. Without one, the other will surely remain deficient.

Your conduct, selflessness, generosity, truthfulness, and general uprightness are a thousand times more convincing than words alone. These character traits show beyond all doubt that Islam is not simply another religion, but rather a complete system that encompasses the believer’s entire being. Without such virtues, the religion of Islam will seem no different from the empty, self-righteous religiosity that has swept the Western world.

Finally, you should plan a sensible “argument” for the excellence of Islam, but the minute you see either stubborn ignorance or bull-headedness on the part of your friend, you must back down. Do not let your da`wah deteriorate into a debate or quarrel. A Muslim is above quarreling, for it is the quickest way to lose your sincerity and make all of your efforts go to waste, both in this world and the next."

Source:
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1123996016676

j4763
03-09-2006, 05:51 PM
I dont think there is proof of a god?

Cheb
03-09-2006, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by j4763
I dont think there is proof of a god?
If you want to discuss this you can visit these threads:
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...0-atheism.html
and
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...proof-god.html

Peace :)

j4763
03-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Read through them (well most of it) and just seems like there's no real proof to me, but thats a diffferent thread!

renak
03-09-2006, 06:01 PM
Cheb, I agree with your post. However, if a muslim feels that islam is the only religion, shouldn't they share their beliefs with nonbelievers (respectfully, without force)? The same could be said for christians who believe that christianity is the only religion.

I'm not suggesting evangelizing to nonbelievers, just friendly discussion.

Cheb
03-09-2006, 06:08 PM
But that is how Islam should be spread. In my previous post it says exactly how someone should share their beliefs with non-believers and none of the methods were through disrespect and force.

renak
03-09-2006, 06:11 PM
"But that is how Islam should be spread. In my previous post it says exactly how someone should share their beliefs with non-believers and none of the methods were through disrespect and force."

Cheb, I read your posts and agree with them. However, my main concern is that I don't feel that Islam is being shared with nonbelievers. I wonder why???

Cheb
03-09-2006, 06:17 PM
Oh I see. Well what was explained is what you should do according to Islam, whether or not Muslims are doing this is a different issue.
Well i think it depends where you look. I mean not all Muslims do what they are suppose to be doing. Personally I try to talk to my non-Muslim friends about Islam. I normally get deaf ears but I still try.
However I really dont think we will be knocking on everyones door with a message. I think if given the opportunity to share our belief we should do so.
Are you talking about anything specific by any chance?

renak
03-09-2006, 06:26 PM
"Are you talking about anything specific by any chance?"

Well, the view that nonbelievers will go to hell bothers me. Didn't Allah create every human? Why would he condem people to hell who were never exposed to islam?

Cheb
03-09-2006, 06:30 PM
Well honestly I cant say anything about where people will go after death. It is not my place and only God knows.
In fact we know that every person will be judged according to their circumstances so that gives us more reason not to judge people since there is no way we can know what circumstances in that person's life.
I think it is best to say only God (swt) knows.

Bittersteel
03-09-2006, 06:35 PM
I rather feel sorry for Muslim who lack wisdom.

Habib_Islam
03-09-2006, 08:20 PM

As we know the kafris can never be our friends, We should paise Allah for being born into the garden of Islam and see the Non Muslims as oppertunities of being Muslims. In this day and age it is a Jihad alone trying to get a Non Muslim into Islam but that is no excuse for not trying.

Lush
03-09-2006, 11:16 PM
if there good... why dont they accept Allah!!
Well... I don't know if I'm necessarily "good." But I am very happy in my own personal relationship with God. Hence no conversion to Islam looms in my future. Not that I can tell. Whether I'm "good" I'm not is up to others to judge, but I would prefer if they did not immediately decide I was an evil person because I am a non-Muslim.

As we know the kafris can never be our friends
Well, my bf's parents, grandparents, and uncles would be very surprised to hear that! :)

Ghazi
03-09-2006, 11:19 PM
Salaam

As we know the kafris can never be our friends
I have some non-muslim friends, they've got good hearts I tried to convert some but no luck.

FatimaAsSideqah
03-09-2006, 11:51 PM

Intolerance in the Quran

Those who disbelieve will deny ... give them tidings of a painful doom.--84:22-24

2: Al Barqrah (The Cow)

Don't bother to warn the disbelievers. Allah has blinded them. Theirs will be an awful doom. 2:6

Allah has sickened their hearts. A painful doom is theirs because they lie. 2:10

Allah has blinded the disbelievers. 2:17-18

A fire has been prepared for the disbelievers, whose fuel is men and stones. 2:24

Allah stamped wretchedness upon the Jews because they killed the prophets and disbelieved Allah's revelations. 2:61

Allah turned Sabbath breakers into apes. 2:65-66

Allah has cursed them for their unbelief. 2:88

The curse of Allah is on disbelievers. 2:89

Disbelievers will be burned with fire. 2:39, 2:90

Jews are the greediest of all humankind. 2:96

Allah is an enemy to the disbelievers. 2:98

Only evil people are disbelievers. 2:99

For disbelievers is a painful doom. 2:104

For unbelievers: ignominy in this world, an awful doom in the next. 2:114

Disbelievers are losers. 2:121

Allah will leave the disbelievers alone for a while, but then he will compel them to the doom of Fire. 2:126

"Who forsaketh the religion of Abraham save him who befooleth himself?"
Cited in the Hamas Charter (Article 27) to condemn the idea of a secular state. 2:130

Those who reject the proofs, are accursed of Allah. 2:159

Those who die disbelievers, are cursed by Allah, angels, and men. 2:161

The doom of the disbelievers will not be lightened. 2:162

They will not emerge from the Fire. 2:167

Disbelievers will be deaf, dumb, and blind. 2:171

Those who hide the Scripture will have their bellies eaten with fire. Theirs will be a painful doom. 2:174

How constant are they in their strife to reach the Fire! 2:175

Believers must retaliate. Those who transgress will have a painful doom. 2:178

Kill disbelievers wherever you find them. If they attack you, then kill them. Such is the reward of disbelievers. (But if they desist in their unbelief, then don't kill them.) 2:191-2

Fight them until "religion is for Allah." 2:193

War is ordained by Allah, and all Muslims must be willing to fight, whether they like it or not. 2:216

Those who die in their disbelief will burn forever in the Fire. 2:217

Intermarriage is forbidden. 2:221

The disbelievers, they are the wrong-doers. 2:254

Disbelievers worship false gods. The will burn forever in the Fire. 2:257

Allah does not guide disbelievers. 2:264

"Give us victory over the disbelieving folk." 2:286

ONLY ALLAH (SWT) KNOWS THE BEST!

:w: :sister:

FatimaAsSideqah
03-09-2006, 11:55 PM

3: The Family of 'Imran

Those who disbelieve the revelations of Allah, theirs will be a heavy doom. 3:4

Those who disbelieve will be fuel for the Fire. 3:10

Those who disbelieve shall be overcome and gathered unto Hell. 3:12

Those who disbelieve, promise them a painful doom. 3:21

Let not the believers take disbelievers for their friends in preference to believers. 3:28

Allah loveth not the disbelievers. 3:32

Allah will punish disbelievers in this world and the next. They will have no helpers. 3:56

Don't believe anyone who is not a Muslim. 3:73

Theirs will be a painful doom. 3:77

All non-Muslims will be rejected by Allah after they die. 3:85

Disbelievers will be cursed by Allah, angels, and men. They will have a painful doom. 3:87-88

Disbelievers will have a painful doom. And they will have no helpers. 3:91

Disbelievers will have their faces blackened on the last day. They will face an awful doom. 3:105-6

Those who disbelieve will be burnt in the Fire. 3:116

Don't be friends with non-Muslims. They all hate you and want to ruin you. 3:118

The Fire is prepared for disbelievers. 3:131

Give us victory over the disbelieving folk. 3:147

We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Their habitation is the Fire 3:151

Theirs will be an awful doom. 3:176

Disbelievers do not harm Allah, but will have a painful doom. 3:177

Disbelievers will go to Hell. 3:196

ONLY ALLAH CAN JUDGE WHOEVER CAN GO TO HEAVEN OR HELL NOT US TO JUDGE!

FatimaAsSideqah
03-09-2006, 11:59 PM

4: The Women

Those who disobey Allah and his messenger will be burnt with fire and suffer a painful doom. 4:14

For the disbelievers, We have prepared a painful doom. 4:18

For disbelievers, We prepare a shameful doom. 4:37

Allah has cursed them for their disbelief. 4:46

Those who ascribe a partner to Allah (like Christians do with Jesus and the Holy Spirit) will not be forgiven. They have "invented a tremendous sin." 4:48, 4:116

Those who invent lies about Allah are guilty of flagrant sin. 4:50

Jews and Christians believe in idols and false deities, yet they claim to be more rightly guided than Muslims. 4:51

"Those (Christians and Jews) are they whom Allah hath cursed." 4:52

Hell is sufficient for their burning. 4:55

Unbelievers will be tormented forever with fire. When their skin is burned off, a fresh skin will be provided. 4:56

Those who refuse to follow Muhammad, follow false gods and are deceived by Satan. 4:60

Those who refuse to believe what Allah has revealed to Muhammad are hypocrites. 4:61

Oppose and admonish those who refuse to follow Muhammad. 4:63

The hypocrites refuse to die for Allah and Muhammad. 4:66

Those who obey Allah and Muhammad are favored by Allah. They are the best company. 4:69

Allah will bestow a vast reward on those who fight in religious wars. 4:74

Believers fight for Allah; disbelievers fight for the devil. So fight the minions of the devil. 4:76

Allah casts the hypocrites back to disbelief. Don't try to guide those that Allah sends astray. 4:88

Have no unbelieving friends. Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them. 4:89

If the unbelievers do not offer you peace, kill them wherever you find them. Against such you are given clear warrant. 4:91

Believers shouldn't kill believers, unless by mistake. If you kill a believer by mistake, you must set free a believing slave. 4:92

Believers who kill believers will go to hell. 4:93

The disbelievers are an open enemy to you. 4:101

For the disbelievers, Allah has prepared a shameful punishment. 4:102

Relent not in pursuit of the enemy. They have no hope from Allah. 4:104

Those who oppose the messenger and become unbelievers will go to hell. 4:115

They (those who ascribe partners to Allah) invoke in his stead only females and pray to Satan. 4:117

Allah will lead them astray and they will go to hell. 4:119-121

Those who believe, then disbelieve, then believe and disbelieve again will never be forgiven by Allah. 4:137

Allah will gather hypocrites and disbelievers into hell. 4:140

Allah will not allow disbelievers to succeed against believers. 4:141

Do not choose disbelievers as friends. 4:144

The hypocrites will be in the lowest part of hell and no one will help them there. 4:145

You must believe everything Allah and his messengers tell you. Those who don't are disbelievers and will face a painful doom. 4:150-151

For the wrongdoing Jews, Allah has prepared a painful doom. 4:160-1

God will guide disbelievers down a road that leads to everlasting hell. 4:168-169

WE COULD TRY TO ENCOURAGE OUR DUTY TO ASK YOU TO CONVERT TO ISLAM TO KEEP AWAY FROM HELLFIRE...

FatimaAsSideqah
03-10-2006, 12:04 AM

In the wonderful of Qur'an, these are loads of proof about whoever disbelievers who are reject to Oneness of God..indeed there will doomed in fire!

Not JUST Christians! We means only who are DISBELIEVERS....

Guli7
03-10-2006, 12:09 AM
what about people who are born into other religions and only know those religions to be true. We can't be sure that 4 billion people will go to hell or something. We don't know anything for an exact fact. We have to stop acting like we do.

Ghazi
03-10-2006, 12:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guli7
what about people who are born into other religions and only know those religions to be true. We can't be sure that 4 billion people will go to hell or something. We don't know anything for an exact fact. We have to stop acting like we do.
Salaam

I don't understand, All muslims will eventually reach janna, people who die before puberty will also go to janna, anyone who doesn't fit this criteria will go to hell. Allah knows best.

Guli7
03-10-2006, 12:16 AM
I mean say that a person lived in a country and never was open to the idea of Islam and never heard about it. They will be doomed to hellfire? I don't think that really makes sense.

Only God knows.

Guli7
03-10-2006, 12:17 AM
Salaam

I don't understand, Anyone who dies without being a muslim or dies before puberty will go to hell.

huh? I thought people who die before puberty go straight to heaven?

Ghazi
03-10-2006, 12:20 AM
Salaam

They do

Ghazi
03-10-2006, 12:21 AM
Salaam

sorry, just re-read my post I'll change the wording.

Lush
03-10-2006, 12:25 AM
Anyone who dies without being a muslim or dies before puberty will go to hell.
That's encouraging!

FatimaAsSideqah
03-10-2006, 12:26 AM

Dear Friend,

The Holy Qu'ran means only who are rejected to The One of God...indeed doomed in the fire! :skeleton:

I didnt mean whoever dont know any about Islam..that is different because we are Muslims trying to encourage them to become to Muslim to keep away from Hellfire...:heated:

That is for sake of Almighty Allah! Remember to following what Holy Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) been did to that encouraged non-muslims to believe to The One!
We Muslims only direct to Allah..NOT WORSHIPS TO OBJECTS I.E. IDOLS OR CROSS AND ETC...:grumbling

Peace be upon you! :sister:

Cheb
03-10-2006, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady

Dear Friend,

The Holy Qu'ran means only who are rejected to The One of God...indeed doomed in the fire! :skeleton:

I didnt mean whoever dont know any about Islam..that is different because we are Muslims trying to encourage them to become to Muslim to keep away from Hellfire...:heated:

That is for sake of Almighty Allah! Remember to following what Holy Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) been did to that encouraged non-muslims to believe to The One!
We Muslims only direct to Allah..NOT WORSHIPS TO OBJECTS I.E. IDOLS OR CROSS AND ETC...:grumbling

Peace be upon you! :sister:
Hence...Let us not judge people, but guide them towards the truth.
Salam.

Andaraawus
03-11-2006, 07:46 PM
I thought people who die before puberty go straight to heaven?
They do because sins are only taken into account when the age of puberty hits, that even goes for children bought up as Christians an Jews, they are not accountable of shirk until the age of puberty ....

afriend
03-11-2006, 07:48 PM
I feel sorri 4 any1 and every1

cos HELL isn't pretty, and no human shud go thru something as :'( as that.

justahumane
03-12-2006, 02:50 PM
warhmatulahi wabarakathu and Hello to all the non muslims

Brothers and sisters do you feel sorry for non muslims knowing that they going to end up in hell?

What are your views?

warhmatulahi wabarakathu

warhmatulahi wabarakathu

warhmatulahi wabarakathu
Good to know how much our muslim bros and sisters care for non believers. But what I understand from above words that all non muslims, whether good or bad, will end up in hell, while all muslims, no matter how bad they are, will be granted entry in heaven after getting punishment for their sins.

Hmmmm, seems that ALLAH, as muslims beieve in, is more concerned about himself rather than his creations. Just like a cruel dictator who orders his ppls to be loyal to him, no matter what.

Seems that Saddam Hussain and his sons, even after doing all the crime for humanity, will end up in paradise coz they were muslims, while there is no chance for Mother Teresa and likes of her who have done great services for mankind. No wonder that we see very few muslims really working for service for mankind, coz there is an easy way out for them to fullfill their greed of paradise, eg just keep praying and reciting KALIMAH. paradise assured, what else ALLAH wants from U?

My dear muslims bros and sisters, plz dont feel sorry for me at least, coz I will love to live in hell with likes of Mother teresa, rather than living in paradise with likes of great muslims.

All the best for ur infinitive stay in paradise, I will be happy in hell seeing u ppls being rewarded by ALLAH.

But to be honest, I DO FEEL SORRY FOR U PPLS, MAY ALLAH BRING U ALL TO RIGHT PATH. AMEEN.

czgibson
03-12-2006, 03:20 PM
Greetings,

This is an interesting thread. I'm still not quite clear on the Islamic beliefs about who will end up in hell. Some say that if someone has been exposed to Islam and they still don't believe in it (like me, for example), then they'll go to hell, while others say that it's up to Allah to decide.

Of course, I think hell is a fiction created in order to scare people into conformity, but if you believe in it, do you think I'm going there?

format_quote Originally Posted by cool_jannah
falsehood is an addiction
and non-muslims are making the best effort to make their way to jahannam. i dont feel sorry for all of them. they know that they are wrong. its just their hate towards the truth.
This is a ludicrous idea. I don't hate the truth, and I've seen no compelling reason to believe that my position (atheism) is wrong.

but i do feel sorry sometimes when i think of the painful punishments of hell.
non-muslims dont realize that the biggest crime a human being can commit is disbelief in the Powerful Ruler and Master of this Universe - Allah, Subhanahu wa Ta'ala, the Most Merciful.
But, of course, if you don't believe in god then it's not a crime at all.

Peace

Kent Nielsen
03-12-2006, 03:34 PM
To be honest I appreciate the concern and compassion of those Muslims who are concerned about non-Muslims. But as a Christian I honestly believe that my future IS secure.

Kittygyal
03-12-2006, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram

cos HELL isn't pretty, and no human shud go thru something as :'( as that.

that is so tru no1 shud go through sumet lyk diz NO1!!!

take care

Cheb
03-12-2006, 03:39 PM
I think God talked about Hell and Heaven in the Quran to warn and reward us respectfully and not for us to judge people and say who is going to heaven and hell. In the end HE will judge us. So please let us stop talking about who is going to Heaven or Hell because we can never know.

Ghazi
03-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Salaam

Czigibson, what would it take forn you to imbrace islam?

Kittygyal
03-12-2006, 03:41 PM

heh i neva heard that 1 b4:rollseyes :rollseyes

take care

Kittygyal
03-12-2006, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cheb
I think God talked about Hell and Heaven in the Quran to warn and reward us respectfully and not for us to judge people and say who is going to heaven and hell. In the end HE will judge us. So please let us stop talking about who is going to Heaven or Hell because we can never know.

that is so tru bro :happy: :happy:

take care

HeiGou
03-12-2006, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
Originally Posted by Iqram

cos HELL isn't pretty, and no human shud go thru something as as that.
that is so tru no1 shud go through sumet lyk diz NO1!!!
I think it can only be a matter of time before someone points out that these decisions are made by Some One Else. And they are HIS decisions. Even I know that.

Anyone think they know better?

Kittygyal
03-12-2006, 03:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
I think it can only be a matter of time before someone points out that these decisions are made by Some One Else. And they are HIS decisions. Even I know that.

Anyone think they know better?

wot u mean?

take care

Cheb
03-12-2006, 03:47 PM
He means that we are not in the position to make a decision on who should go to Heaven and Hell...Only God can decide.

Kittygyal
03-12-2006, 03:52 PM
He means that we are not in the position to make a decision on who should go to Heaven and Hell...Only God can decide.

yea well obviously u r goin ta feel sori for the people ew are goin dwn ta hell cuz at the end of the day it's NOT sumet gud nw is it:rollseyes :rollseyes :heated:

take care

Ghazi
03-12-2006, 03:55 PM
Salaam

One person I won't feel sorry Is shaytan that guy allways gives me problem, I wont let this guy take me with me(inshallah.)

Kittygyal
03-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Salaam

One person I won't feel sorry Is shaytan that guy allways gives me problem, I wont let this guy take me with me(inshallah.)

ew's shaytan:? :?

take care

Cheb
03-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Well feeling sorry for them and saying that they should not go to Hell are 2 different things. If God wants to punish someone for their sins then they deserve it. We should worry more about how we are going to be judged. If we dont then we will simply forget why we are here in the first place. Dangerous way of thinking.

Cheb
03-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Shaytan is the Devil.

Kittygyal
03-12-2006, 04:00 PM
Well feeling sorry for them and saying that they should not go to Hell are 2 different things. If God wants to punish someone for their sins then they deserve it. We should worry more about how we are going to be judged. If we dont then we will simply forget why we are here in the first place. Dangerous way of thinking.

that is so tru:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

take care

Kittygyal
03-12-2006, 04:01 PM
Shaytan is the Devil.

thanks eva so much :)

take care

czgibson
03-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Greetings,
Salaam

Czigibson, what would it take forn you to imbrace islam?
For a start, I would need to believe in god. At the moment I see no convincing reason to believe that there is a god at all. The same goes for heaven and hell and the afterlife in general.

Secondly, I would need to be convinced by the Qur'an. I mean this in two senses - convinced that it was actually composed by god and not by human hands, and convinced that its content was wise, right and good. I would need to be sure that there was some beneficial purpose to adhering to the many Islamic prohibitions on things that I like, such as pork, alcohol and music. Since it is not possible to be absolutely certain that god or heaven and hell exist, I could never be certain that following these rules would do me any good whatsoever.

So, basically, the answer is that it would take quite a lot for me to embrace Islam!

Having said all that, I remain fascinated by Islam, the people who are happy to commit to it and their reasons for doing so.

Peace

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-13-2006, 04:04 AM
Since this topic has already been covered in previous threads mentioned, and we're starting to digress, this thread will be closed. Please continue these discussions in the appropriate threads.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.