/* */

PDA

View Full Version : An on-line dicitionary

nimrod
03-08-2006, 01:38 AM
Hello Everyone

I have been reading over the list of on-line study books for learning about Islam.

I have seen many words used in these threads I am not familiar with. I am hoping there is a good on-line dicitionary that you all would recommend so I can look the words up as I come across them.

Thanks
Nimrod

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Protected_Diamond
03-08-2006, 06:48 AM
Hello!

you've come accross words such as? :?

aljawaad
03-08-2006, 08:37 AM
Maybe you can jus ask us and we can help.

nimrod
03-10-2006, 04:30 AM
What is "Hijab"? What does the word mean?

Thanks
Nimrod

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umu 'Isa
03-10-2006, 08:49 AM
hijab: the term used to describe the full dress code for women to keep them from unwelcome attentions and to preserve their modesty. It includes rules for covering the feet, what jewellery can be worn and even the limits of modern make-up that are permitted.

Although the word 'hijab' is commonly referred to as the headscarf muslim women wear.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
03-10-2006, 08:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nimrod
Hello Everyone

I have been reading over the list of on-line study books for learning about Islam.

I have seen many words used in these threads I am not familiar with. I am hoping there is a good on-line dicitionary that you all would recommend so I can look the words up as I come across them.

Thanks
Nimrod
Glossary of Islamic Terms and Concepts:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/reference/glossary.html

This should help you with some of the some of them, insha'Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.