/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Indonesian Muslims Organise Anti-Israeli Protest

kadafi
04-19-2005, 12:57 AM

INDONESIA: MUSLIMS ORGANISE ANTI-ISRAELI PROTEST ACROSS THE COUNTRY

Jakarta, 18 April (AKI) - The Indonesian Justice and Prosperity party (PKS) - a rapidly growing Islamic-based political party which won significant support in last year's parliamentary elections - organised a peaceful anti-Israeli protest across several Indonesian cities. Around 80,000 Muslim Indonesians marched peacefully through the main streets of Jakarta, protesting against what they called the 'Israeli oppression of Palestinians', chanting anti-Israeli slogans and branding Israel as the terrorist. In last October's general elections, PKS took seven percent of the vote, compared to 1.9 percent in 1999. It supports the government of President Susilo Bambang Yudyohono.

Thousands of protesters gathered outside the US embassy in Jakarta, carrying banners carried with slogans such as "The US, Israel are the terrorists". They called on the American government to end all support to the Israelis.

In Aceh, Indonesia's troubled province hit by the December tsunami, protestors trampled on Israeli flags while waving Palestinian ones. Protesters called for the protection of the al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem, a holy site for both Muslims and Jews.

The protest came one week after Israeli extremists threatened to storm al-Aqsa mosque to protest Israel's withdrawal from the Gaza strip scheduled for July. Israeli troops and police are expected to evacuate around 9,000 settlers from the area.

Last week, a Hamas leader, called on the "entire Muslim world" to protect the mosque sa around 10,000 Palestinians circled the mosque to form a human shield against Israeli ultra-nationalists.

Indonesia has no diplomatic ties with Israel and there are periodic potests against the Jewish state. The latest protest comes a few days before the African-Asian summit to be held in Jakarta later this week. Support for Palestinians will be on the agenda at the meeting.

http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/new...ervice_id=7942
http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level.ph...51918944&par=0

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
root
04-19-2005, 08:44 AM
I think that image is an absolute disgrace..............

How old are the protestors in that image, I wonder what thier educational background is and how they are able to understand the implications of world politics at such a young age.

rosalia
04-19-2005, 08:51 AM
Assalamualaikum..

As an Indonesian Muslimah, I agree and I support for our this fight...

Wassalam...

kadafi
04-19-2005, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by root

How old are the protestors in that image, I wonder what thier educational background is and how they are able to understand the implications of world politics at such a young age.
Old enough to reconigze the injustice commited to their fellow brethren.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Far7an
04-19-2005, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi
Old enough to reconigze the injustice commited to their fellow brethren.
:thumbs_up

root
04-19-2005, 06:40 PM
That is some mind job to actually sit thier on your PC's and try to say that these "Children" fully understand the world around them. I hope one of you who support this don't end up in Child Phsycology.

Are you seriously saying you don't see anything wrong with 6-9 year old children fully understanding the world around them.... Come on please......

kadafi
04-19-2005, 09:18 PM
That is some mind job to actually sit thier on your PC's and try to say that these "Children" fully understand the world around them. I hope one of you who support this don't end up in Child Phsycology.

Are you seriously saying you don't see anything wrong with 6-9 year old children fully understanding the world around them.... Come on please......
Hi root,

you're exaggerating'. Children start developin' consience and moral intelligence (help of the parents) at the age of 6. They'll show empathy and sympathy if they're thaught the moral principles. What makes you think that these same Muslim children haven't partially developed social consience and demonstrate their empathy through this protest.

Genius
04-20-2005, 01:02 AM

Grow up, they're children protesting against a tyrannical regime.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.