/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The hereafter of a kafir and Muslim

mahdisoldier19
03-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Assalam Alaikam,

This question has been bothering me, It says in The Quran that those who dont believe in the Message of Islam, they will suffer in the hellfire. But those with the least amount of faith will eventually leave. Now my question is, as a muslim what makes me different from an athiest who has righteous actions. I mean if you want to base Islam on belief then that means as a muslim i can go out and kill but as long as i believe in Muhammad sws and Allah swt then i would be ok. But an athiest who doesnt believe in Allah swt who does righteous actions helping muslims all over the world, what would happen to him/her is my question?

So there has to be some sort of logic and faith ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
root
03-08-2006, 02:36 PM
As an atheist I think I am capable of answering this one. Everyone will be judged before Allah and nobody but allah will decide your fate? It certainly comforts my atheistic life since if I was before Allah knowing that he sent mother Teresa to hell then I would not want to be part of such a god as that and throw me into the bowls of hell, I don't care at all. If Allah judges me on compassion and my respect for other life and mine then I think he will be pleased.

A classic case of "Allah knows best".

Though I don't miss the time prior to my life so I shall not miss it afterwards and thus I don't fear death and value every breath I take, even if I am breathing a very volatile explosive and highly flammable gas.

Ghazi
03-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Salaam

[QUOTEknowing that he sent mother Teresa to hell ][QUOTE] Now one knows whats gonna happen to her expect allah and no one hsould say so and so is going to hell.

Ghazi
03-08-2006, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by izmi
Every believer in a religion is the kafir of another religion.
Salaam

True, But Islam is the True religion so muslims are believers

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mizan_aliashraf
03-08-2006, 02:52 PM
Peace
We have been told that jannah is for the muslims alone, so there is nothing wrong with saying that so and so will go to hell. If they are kafir then it is clear that they will go to hell. But on the other hand, we should not (as muslims) take pleasure in saying such things. The fact is there in the qur'an that the kuffar will go to hell. The vast majority of muslims will also go to hell to be purified of their sins. As is the hadith of rasulullah (saw)
"My ummah will split into 73 sects, 72 will go to hellfire, only 1 sect will be saved". When asked who these people were, he said "the people of ahlus-sunnah wal-jamaa'ah" This means those who follow his example and those who stick to the congregation of muslims and those who do not cause rifts and divisions within islam. We pray that we are among this one sect and we pray that Allah will forgive us our sins
Wassalam

Ghazi
03-08-2006, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mizan_aliashraf
Peace
We have been told that jannah is for the muslims alone, so there is nothing wrong with saying that so and so will go to hell. If they are kafir then it is clear that they will go to hell. But on the other hand, we should not (as muslims) take pleasure in saying such things. The fact is there in the qur'an that the kuffar will go to hell. The vast majority of muslims will also go to hell to be purified of their sins. As is the hadith of rasulullah (saw)
"My ummah will split into 73 sects, 72 will go to hellfire, only 1 sect will be saved". When asked who these people were, he said "the people of ahlus-sunnah wal-jamaa'ah" This means those who follow his example and those who stick to the congregation of muslims and those who do not cause rifts and divisions within islam. We pray that we are among this one sect and we pray that Allah will forgive us our sins
Wassalam
:sl:

:amin:

sonz
03-08-2006, 02:56 PM
chk this fatwa

Question of Fatwa

As-Salamu` alykum. I heard some Muslims saying that only good Muslims go to Heaven. But what about the other good people who are kind, generous, support the poor but are the Christians or Jews. Do they go to Heaven or not ?

Answer

Wa`alykum As-Salaamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear brother in Islam, we would like to thank you for showing keenness on knowing the teachings of Islam, and we appreciate the great confidence you have in us. We hope our efforts meet your expectations, yet we apologize for the late reply.

As regards your question, we’d like to make it clear that Allah Almighty never disregards any good deed, be it from a believer or a disbeliever; He gives good reward for it. But the point here is, as a believer does good deeds, he does so with certain belief that he will be rewarded in the Hereafter; i.e. whatever he does, it’s for the sake of Allah, and he will get its reward in the Hereafter. However, there are people who are good and benevolent by nature, and many of them love their brothers and sisters in humanity, despite that they are not believers.

Explaining the type of reward granted to such people, the Kuwaiti Encyclopedia of Islamic Jurisprudence makes it clear that there is surely a reward in this world for people who, despite lacking iman (belief), contribute to the progress of mankind, are good by nature, giving charity…etc. But the criterion for getting reward in the Hereafter is belief. This is based on the Hadith, in which the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, states: “Allah never disregards a good deed of a believer; he reward him for it in this world and in the Hereafter. As for a disbeliever, he is rewarded for the good deeds in this world so that when he is in the Afterlife, no more reward will be there for him.”.

In making this point more clearer, clarifying that Jannah (Paradise) is for believers, Sheikh Hamed Al-`Ali, instructor of Islamic Heritage at the Faculty of Education, Kuwait and Imam of Dahiat As-Sabahiyya Mosque, states:

“No one will enter Jannah (Paradise) except a believer. Almighty Allah says in the Qur’an “And the dwellers of the Fire cry out unto the dwellers of the Garden: Pour on us some water or some wherewith Allah hath provided you. They say: Lo! Allah hath forbidden both to disbelievers (in His guidance).” (Al-‘Araaf: 50)

Also the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, is reported to have said: “You will not enter Paradise until you believe.” (Agreed upon hadith)

This is one of signs of Allah’s absolute justice, because when a disbeliever does something good in this world, he or she does it for the sake of a worldly gain, and it is granted to him/her. On the contrary, a believer does his or her action for the sake of seeking reward in the Hereafter, and it is on this basis he or she is granted reward according to his or her intention.

Thus, Allah gives everyone what he or she has striven for. The believer has striven and worked for the success in the Hereafter, and as such he or she is given the same recompense for his work. But as for the disbeliever, as long as his deeds do not spring from belief (part of which is believing in the Hereafter), then he or she is not admitted to Paradise. The Kafir, or disbeliever, does not seek or strive for what is in the Hereafter, rather he or she wants to attain the pleasures in this life such as seeking people’s admiration, peace of mind, etc. If the Kafir wishes and really seeks the reward in the Hereafter, he or she would right away believe in Allah, the Hereafter, and follow the messengers of Allah and never disbelieve in any of them, because disbelieving in anyone of them would be counted as disbelieving in all messengers since the message they all brought is the same and each Prophet believed in whoever came before him and gave glad tidings to the Prophet who would come after him.

In brief, Jannah is only granted for those who strive for it and there are some conditions to be met for a person to be admitted to Jannah. Whoever works in this life for the sake of the Hereafter and fulfills the conditions of Jannah, he or she will be admitted to it. Conversely, those who fail to work for Jannah or work for it but do not fulfill its conditions will never enter it. This is the absolute justice of Allah, and Allah does not do injustice to any body.”

Shedding more light on this issue, Sheikh `Attiyah Saqr, former Head of Al-Azhar Fatwa Committee, states the following:

“ In terms of the reward of the Hereafter, it is totally agreed upon that a disbeliever receives no reward in the Hereafter nor does a believer who offers good deeds out of showing off. However, when talking about the reward of this world, the case is different in the sense that every one is paid for his deeds whether bad or good. Thus, a disbeliever receives reward for the good deeds he offers in this world. Almighty Allah says: “ And when Abraham prayed: My Lord! Make this a region of security and bestow upon its people fruits, such of them as believe in Allah and the Last Day, He answered: As for him who disbelieveth, I shall leave him in contentment for a while, then I shall compel him to the doom of fire a hapless journey's end!” (Al-Baqarah: 126) Almighty Allah also says: “ Whoso desireth the life of the world and its pomp, We shall repay them their deeds herein, and therein they will not be wronged. Those are they for whom is naught in the Hereafter save the Fire. (All) that they contrive here is vain and (all) that they are wont to do is fruitless.” (Hud: 15-16)

All these Qur’anic verses make it clear that both a believer and a disbeliever get reward in this life for their good deeds. However, there is another reward for a believer in the Hereafter while a disbeliever is denied such a reward, due to his disbelief. Muslim reported that `Aisha, may Allah be pleased, asked the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him: “O Messenger of Allah! It was the trait of Ibn Jud`aan in pre-Islamic period to feed the needy and keep ties of kinship, will he benefit from these good deeds?(in the Hereafter)” The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said: “No, for he never said: ‘My Lord! Forgive my sin on the Day of Judgment’” i.e. he was doing all that while insisting on disbelief.”

Do keep in touch. If you have any other question, don't hesitate to contact us.

Allah Almighty knows best.

mizan_aliashraf
03-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Salam
May i ask where you got this fatwa from and who gave it inshallah?
Jazakallah Khayr
Wassalam

sonz
03-08-2006, 03:16 PM
salama its from here

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503545308

mizan_aliashraf
03-08-2006, 03:17 PM
salam
jazakallah khayr for that bro
wassalam

Ghazi
03-08-2006, 04:44 PM
Islam Truth

That is true for Muslims but untrue to a majority of people on earth.
Then their disbeliveres.

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-08-2006, 04:53 PM
:sl: brother,
This issue has already been discussed before:
Please see these links for salvation of non-muslims:
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...aven-hell.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/akhira-h...tml#post129310
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...AskAboutIslamE
http://www.islamicboard.com/124268-post11.html

Please use existing threads so that we don't have to repeat ourselves.

Root,
format_quote Originally Posted by root
knowing that he sent mother Teresa to hell
It certainly amazes me that you continue to spread false information even after you are corrected!

I quote from a previous thread:
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Root,
format_quote Originally Posted by root
Just as a side note to those long posts, remember in Islam Mother Teressa is now in the deep bowls of hell!
Nonsense! This is nothing more than your own imagination, and had you even bothered to read the forums you would see that this was already discussed:
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...aven-hell.html
No Muslim on the face of the planet could claim with certainty that Mother Teresa or someone in a similar case is going to hell, let alone the deepest part of Hell. We are not allowed to judge, it is God alone who judges everyone according to their circumstances and whether the message had been conveyed to them.
In light of this, I'm amazed that you would make such a claim without any evidence.

Maimunah
03-09-2006, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Then their disbeliveres.
true say
Not equal are the Companions of the Fire and the Companions of the Garden: it is the Companions of the Garden, that will achieve success.

Had We sent down this Qur'an on a mountain, verily, thou wouldst have seen it humble itself and cleave asunder for fear of Allah. Such are the similitudes which We propound to men, that they may reflect.

Allah is He, than Whom there is no other god;- Who knows (all things) both secret and open; He, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

Allah is He, than Whom there is no other god;- the Sovereign, the Holy One, the Source of Peace (and Perfection), the Guardian of Faith, the Preserver of Safety, the Exalted in Might, the Irresistible, the Supreme: Glory to Allah. (High is He) above the partners they attribute to Him.

He is Allah, the Creator, the Evolver, the Bestower of Forms (or Colours). To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names: whatever is in the heavens and on earth, doth declare His Praises and Glory: and He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

Kittygyal
03-09-2006, 09:27 PM
Islam Truth

That is true for Muslims but untrue to a majority of people on earth.

that is so tru bro :happy:

take care

Nicola
03-11-2006, 11:25 AM
Salaam

True, But Islam is the True religion so muslims are believers
only Muslims believe themselves to be the true believers...still the same as other religions think...so you are the real believer but only you believe think that..
hope thats clear lol

E'jaazi
03-11-2006, 11:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mizan_aliashraf
Peace
We have been told that jannah is for the muslims alone, so there is nothing wrong with saying that so and so will go to hell. If they are kafir then it is clear that they will go to hell.
Wassalam
As-Salaamu-Alaikum!

It is wrong to say so and so is going to hell, because that knowledge is only with Allah. You can say that all kaffirs are going to hell, but to say so and so is wrong, because you don't know if that person will accept Islam before he dies. Just like there are Muslims, who you may believe will go to Paradise, but then they turn apostate before they die. So in general, kaffirs will go to the fire, but who exactly is only known to Allah.

- Qatada -
03-11-2006, 11:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nicola
only Muslims believe themselves to be the true believers...still the same as other religions think...so you are the real believer but only you believe think that..
hope thats clear lol

Hey.

We as muslims believe that the people who followed Jesus (peace be upon him) at his time were true believers, the people who followed Moses (peace be upon him) were true believers, the people who follow the true ways of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his beloved family) are also true believers.

Since Adam (peace be upon him) till Muhammad (peace be upon him), there have been 124,000 prophets, each coming to their nations to invite people to believe in pure monotheism (to worship God Almighty) alone without any partners. But as times passed by, people have corrupted the scriptures of the prophets, except the final message which is the qur'an, and the proof is there - (check any copy of the qur'an in the whole world, and every single copy is exactly the same, without any changes at all.)

God has promised to protect this message (the Qur'an), whereas the previous scriptures were to be protected by the nations themselves [this is the reason for their corruption.] And Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the last of all prophets till the Day of Judgement (Doomsday)

If you got any questions, or dont understand anything - please do ask. thanks.

Peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.