/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can I cure homosexuality?

London2006
03-08-2006, 06:13 PM
Assalamu'alaikum
I am a gay Muslim, and have been gay for as long as I can remember (childhood). However, of course, as a child I never thought that I was strange because I didn't know what homosexuality was. But nowadays I know what is halal and haram- homosexuality is haram. People say that we choose to become homosexual. However, I did NOT choose to be homosexual- I have always liked men, and what's worse, I have no sexual desire for women whatsoever. Nevertheless, I regularly pray to Allah for Him to "cure" me- I pray for Him to make me heterosexual like most other Muslims. I don't want to be gay because I know that Allah has told us homosexuality is a sin. I beg for all my Brothers and Sisters to give me advice- what prayers can I say, what can I do, to make me straight? I hate being gay, because it makes me feel like a hypocrite- I pray to Allah, and then I watch TV and become excited if I see an attractive man. So it's not just the fact that being gay is haram- it's also being a hypocrite too.
Please help me

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
03-08-2006, 06:18 PM
a knw where u r cumin from bro bt i dn't av any advice at all ta help cuz NEVER cum across a lad dat is gay.....

i hope uda ppl can help u

take care

basitisnumberone
03-08-2006, 06:40 PM
:sl:
just remember bro that Allah (SWT) will only punish you if you partake in homosexual acts. maybe this is a test from Allah, in which case He won't abandon you and He will listen to your sincere duas.
can you live without your tv, bro? nowadays, in every other show, men and women are taking off their clothes and flaunting their bodies. it'll only increase your desires and like the old cliche goes, add fuel to the fire.
don't give up hope in Allah's mercy and continuing praying to him.
insha'Allah, we will all make dua for you and continue advising you.
:w:

The Ruler
03-08-2006, 07:03 PM
:sl: :brother:

welcome to da forum...:welcome: :)

i say dat u rememba Allah in wateva u do...n insha allah it may help :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
03-08-2006, 07:06 PM
o bro sorry NOT welcumin yea :(

welcum ta da forum :)

hope u enjoy ur stay

tk/cr

sargon
03-08-2006, 07:21 PM
I read somewhere that it's psychological and IslamOnline.net I believe someone asked a scholar so you should look there. I'll go check it out for you in the meantime.

*opens tab*

Ok here's some:
- http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1132468085193
- http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1120469515285

And here's the search page for 'homosexuality':
- http://www.islamonline.net/completes...earchCnAck.asp

No one is born Gay, we're all created by Allah (swt) to worship him. Men and women play different roles in society, and one of men's roles is to get married, take care of the family, have children, etc... If you're gay you wouldn't benefit mankind as much, not saying you don' have skills to build something or create software for example, but you wouldn't be attributing in accordance to the nature of human beings.

Islam helps society in every way, and there's a cure for every illness, we should pray for this brother.

03-08-2006, 07:21 PM
try a psychatrist. i know about... 15 people who used to be gay and they are now happily married to a member of the opposite sex.

as i'm sure u knw, homosexuality is a mental illness, and is curable through psychological exercises. see a psychatrist, inshAllah it will help.

Z
03-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Salaam.

If you are actively homo-sexual, then you'll need to do something about the company you keep. Rid the friends and people who you do such acts with or talk about with. If you just think like that, then I can only suggest pre-occupying the mind with something. When you see men you like, think of God and occupy your mind with another thought.

It's hard for me to advise, but I guess your problem can be treated the same as those Muslims who masturbate. Hopefully someone can provide some links on that matter.

Hope that helped in some way.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
03-08-2006, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by London2006
Assalamu'alaikum
I am a gay Muslim, and have been gay for as long as I can remember (childhood). However, of course, as a child I never thought that I was strange because I didn't know what homosexuality was. But nowadays I know what is halal and haram- homosexuality is haram. People say that we choose to become homosexual. However, I did NOT choose to be homosexual- I have always liked men, and what's worse, I have no sexual desire for women whatsoever. Nevertheless, I regularly pray to Allah for Him to "cure" me- I pray for Him to make me heterosexual like most other Muslims. I don't want to be gay because I know that Allah has told us homosexuality is a sin. I beg for all my Brothers and Sisters to give me advice- what prayers can I say, what can I do, to make me straight? I hate being gay, because it makes me feel like a hypocrite- I pray to Allah, and then I watch TV and become excited if I see an attractive man. So it's not just the fact that being gay is haram- it's also being a hypocrite too.
Please help me
hey bro.. welcome 2 da site..

wel ive never met anyone who woz/is gay but this advice iz comin 4rm da top of my head..

im really happi 2 hear dat u actually r following da Islamic ways and trying to get rid of this sin.. keep praying to Allah, you never know da power of prayer.. Allah will listen 2u very soon, inshahallah and help u.. a true Muslim like urself, wud try to seek advice and help so u can get rid of this.. i advise dat u read da Qur'aan and keep on praying during prayer times.. as long as u havent engaged in sexual acts u wont get any punishment.. thatz all da advice i can giv u bruv, i hpe i woz a help 2 u :statisfie

and i will pray to Allah so He will answer ur du'as..

Nicola
03-08-2006, 07:42 PM
If you are actively homo-sexual, then you'll need to do something about the company you keep. Rid the friends and people who you do such acts with or talk about with.
very good advise...

this condition can be overcome...

God bless you

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-08-2006, 10:10 PM
:sl: br. London2006,

From IslamToday.com:
Question: I have a big problem. Sometimes I think that I am a gay, but at the same time I have feelings towards women too. I feel miserable. I know Islam is against homosexuality. Am I sinful to have these feeling towards men?

Answered by Sheikh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî, former professor at al-Imâm University in Riyadh

If a man has homosexual tendencies in his heart, he is not sinful for these. Allah does not call us to account for the feelings in our heart that we cannot always control. However, we are called to account for the deeds that we do.

A man who has homosexual tendencies must avoid acting upon them. He should remain chaste and seek his reward with Allah for his abstinence.

I advise you to do the following:

1. Do not proceed with those feelings. Instead, engage yorself with something else that is productive.

2. Do not look at men with desire.

3. Do not respond to any mental desire to do any action conforming to these feelings, by touching other men, coming closer to them, or the like.

4. Increase your portion of worship, particularly fasting, if you can do so.

May Allah guide you always. (SOURCE)
So this is a test from Allah swt and you must patiently persevere and control any inclinations you may have of this nature and not act upon them. If you persevere, God will bestow upon you an immense reward. Your duty is just to control your desires, God will help you with the rest. You are not responsible for something beyond your control.

Umm Yoosuf
03-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Welcome!

May Allah help you and guide you the the right path.

nihma333
03-09-2006, 11:43 AM
I will make du'a for you. Allah answers the call of those who call on Him. Inshallah Allah will make it easy for you.

peace,
Naimah

i_m_tipu
03-09-2006, 11:59 AM

wellcome here bro
can't give better advice than others in this matter
but can pary fr u
may Allaah help u...........................................:)

servantforever
03-09-2006, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
:sl: br. London2006,

From IslamToday.com:
Question: I have a big problem. Sometimes I think that I am a gay, but at the same time I have feelings towards women too. I feel miserable. I know Islam is against homosexuality. Am I sinful to have these feeling towards men?

Answered by Sheikh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî, former professor at al-Imâm University in Riyadh

If a man has homosexual tendencies in his heart, he is not sinful for these. Allah does not call us to account for the feelings in our heart that we cannot always control. However, we are called to account for the deeds that we do.

A man who has homosexual tendencies must avoid acting upon them. He should remain chaste and seek his reward with Allah for his abstinence.

I advise you to do the following:

1. Do not proceed with those feelings. Instead, engage yorself with something else that is productive.

2. Do not look at men with desire.

3. Do not respond to any mental desire to do any action conforming to these feelings, by touching other men, coming closer to them, or the like.

4. Increase your portion of worship, particularly fasting, if you can do so.

May Allah guide you always. (SOURCE)
So this is a test from Allah swt and you must patiently persevere and control any inclinations you may have of this nature and not act upon them. If you persevere, God will bestow upon you an immense reward. Your duty is just to control your desires, God will help you with the rest. You are not responsible for something beyond your control.

Very nice support. Yes brother, your only duty now is to control your desire for God knows you're suffering in combating your own desire. You didn't want to be like that but God has destined you to be like that with wisdom and sagacity that we can't yet comprehend and understand. Believe me, your pain in your struggle to go against your evil desire won't be in vain, will be taken into account by God. You will be God's lover if you managed to do that!

servantforever
03-10-2006, 02:33 AM
Assalamualaikum

An Islamic Medical Centre in Malaysia that offers spiritual healing/treatment to all nation (Muslim and non-Muslim)throughout the world. It can carry out the treatment to any person in any distant area. The treatments offered are as follows:

- being attacked by jinn or a witch or black magic

- addicted to drug, cigarette, wine(intoxicating drink) and etc

- any type of cancer and tumor

- heart disease, kidney failure

- sexually inadequate, impotency, stroke and HOMOSEXUALITY

- counseling service

- massaging and etc

They don't charge anything for the treatment as it is from God. But they will be very thankful for any type of contribution for the sake of God. They are more specialized in healing CANCER.

Thank you for disseminating this news.

For further detail please contact Doctor Kadiri mobile no: 0126987378 or 0136074313 or email to faizula@yahoo.com or kaditrads@yahoo.com

seek.learn
03-10-2006, 04:50 AM
Salaam o alaikum wa Rahmatullah

May Allah guide you and strengthen you. Aameen.

Everyone has already given you good advice. I just wanted to quote a few ayaat's from the Holy Quran.

"On no soul doth Allah Place a burden greater than it can bear..." 2:286

"Seek help in patient perseverence and prayer..." 2:45

"Restrain yourself patiently with those who call on their Lord morning and evening, desiring His face. Do not turn your eyes from them, desiring the attractions of this world. And do not obey someone whose heart We have made neglectful of Our remembrance and who follows his own whims and desires and whose life has transgressed all bounds." 18:28

"You who believe! Seek help in steadfastness and prayer. Allah is with the steadfast." 2:153

InshaAllah, Allah hears and knows all. This life is a test. For each and everyone of us. This is part of your trials of this life. All we can do is our best. May Allah forgive us and guide us. Aameen.

"Perform prayer and give the alms. Any good you send ahead for yourselves, you will find with Allah. Certainly Allah sees what you do." (2:110)

AllahuAlim
Alaikum salaam wa rahmatullah

afzalaung
03-11-2006, 05:20 AM
salaamaleykum bro,
stay strong, just take it as a MAJOR trial from Allah to you.
remember that this life is just temporary..the main objective is the heareafter.
as servantforever has said..there are centres where they do 'soul healing'...if u have any desi contact..i'm sure they will know a Sufi Sahb or sumthing like that.Normally they do soul-healing.
A friend of a classmate was a lesbien..and she's going for soul-healing ..i'm not sure of the outcome though.
well..be strong,inshaAllah.

Anonymous.92
03-11-2006, 06:08 AM
Just make dua and have conviction that Allah answers it. Remember, Allah always tests the believing men. I will pray that you pass wilh flying colours.

abs
03-17-2006, 08:26 PM
[PIE]welcome[/PIE]

faizacadday
03-18-2006, 04:00 AM

hey bro... i know ur going through alot of worrying the only advise that i can give you is to not lose hope... Allah is there for u and all u have to do is believe in him and ask for forgiveness ... i believe 100% that watching t.v is the cause of all these odd feelings.... cut down on watching t.v... do more with your time either by getting a job.. going to the musque..reading the Quran...hanging out with friends....,Most of all just know that Allah is on your side.. he knows what ur going through and i think u can have peace in your heart and in ur mind if u keep on wordshipping Allah...I hope the best for u...and i will prey for u........the jinnn just wants u to fail....so dont let him succeed

aakhirah
03-22-2006, 10:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by yasin
shame on you to the ignorant lot that are treating him like he has a mental disorder.

Homosexuality is something we are born with, it is not something we develop or choose. When you're born, you either have it or you dont.

Shame on you for discarding the Qur-aan and Sunnah. The (disobeying) people of Sayyidunaa LooT 'alayhis-salaam were destroyed mainly due to their involvement in homosexuality, as is clearly mentioned in al-Qur-aan. For this reason, people who deny the Hurmah (impermissibility) of homosexuality should worry about their Imaan, since they are denying an injunction of the Qur-aan.

Please, if you're going to give advice on an Islamic perspective, don't base it on your own understanding. We are Muslims because we submit ourselves to the Will of Allah 'Azza wa Jall (whether we understand the wisdom behind it or not), not that of ash-shayTaan ar-rajeem.

A.

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-22-2006, 10:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by yasin
shame on you to the ignorant lot that are treating him like he has a mental disorder.

Homosexuality is something we are born with, it is not something we develop or choose. When you're born, you either have it or you dont.
It's not a mental disorder, it is a disease of the heart... like any sin. I'm sure he is not putting his desires into practice, and masha-Allah he obviously wants the pleasure of Allah.

Brother, I advise you to seek protection in Allah from the whispering of shaytaan. Try to be around those with taqwa and knowledge, as your company is an important part of your mentality and your character. Continue to make du'a. And i'm sure everyone will make du'a for you insha-Allah. To battle with with your desires is a great struggle, and we shall be rewarded for this insha-Allah. Allah is clearly testing you brother, and I hope you pass!:sister:
Oh, and also, read alot of islamic material and try to go to islamic talks and events. Having an islamic environment may help.
Last but not least, welcome to the forum! May it be beneficial for you :).

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-22-2006, 10:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by renak
Love yourself for who you are. Allah/God chose to make you the person you are today, and always have been.:) :) :)
But the brother wants to please Allah. What greater way to do this than by battling with ones desires?:sister:

sumay28
03-22-2006, 10:39 AM
Masha allah for a gay man to want to change. That's crazy man.. people who think they are gay are the hardest to give dawah to because they believe this is how they were born. Homosexuality is such a difficult subject. I don't have any place on the subject because I'm not a scholar and I don't really relate to your situation. The best i can do is make dua for you. I do think this is a test, brother. You can live with these feelings and fight it for Allah. We all have things in this life that test us. That's a big test, brother. Don't give up, man. Stay away from the haram.

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-22-2006, 02:41 PM
This thread was left open because it was for advice for the brother who started it. Now that it has become another debate over homosexuality, it will be closed. We encourage members to read the previous discussions and debates over homosexuality:
http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...being-gay.html

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.