/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how to lose ur weight ?

miral_rose
03-09-2006, 11:25 AM
:sl:

wt u have to do if u want to lose ur weight ?

just two things 1- dont eat much 2- exercises

if u want to ask me about this in sha allah i think i can help..

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nihma333
03-09-2006, 11:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by miral_rose

just two things 1- dont eat much 2- exercises

Haha ooh wow!..... But you're right, I lost 15 lbs that way just for fun. But I dont eat much in general.

peace,
Naimah

renak
03-09-2006, 05:00 PM
About 7 months ago I quit consuming products with nutrasweet, and other artificial sweeteners. I now eat real sugars! I've lost 20 pounds without effort.

Kittygyal
03-09-2006, 05:06 PM
Well A Fink U Shud Go A Jym (opinion)

Take Care

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cheb
03-09-2006, 05:09 PM
I went on the Atkins Diet for a month and lost 27 pounds. Of course I was exercising too.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
03-09-2006, 05:11 PM
There are loads of ways to lose your weight, you have to remember that losing weight is not tough as keeping it lost. Most of the time do pretty well to lose the weight but with time they gain it all back. My advie dont take drastic measures to lose it, keeping away from junk food and eating your greens helps alot.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
03-09-2006, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cheb
I went on the Atkins Diet for a month and lost 27 pounds. Of course I was exercising too.
did you notice any side effect from drastic weight loss and the diet??

snowdropjasmine
03-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Count the Calories you eat a day

SalafiFemaleJih
03-09-2006, 07:03 PM
well i never been overweight in my entire life, but I eat chocolates, cakes, and all the things which can make me fat. I work out every day. I run 2 miles everymorning.

I don't really have problems wid weight thing.
I got it under control yo.

Alhmadulillah.

Wasalmauaalikum warhatmullah.

Cheb
03-09-2006, 07:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
did you notice any side effect from drastic weight loss and the diet??
None at all...I felt great actually.

Nawal89
03-09-2006, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nafisa88
Count the Calories you eat a day
The worst thing to do.

Just watch what you eat, dont stuff yoruself, and do some walking. Oh and belly crunches are nice too. :happy:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
03-09-2006, 08:12 PM
None at all...I felt great actually.
OK be careful because alot of side effects do happen and have been reported by users of that dies or anyone doing crash dieting. Do some research on it.

Musaafirah
03-09-2006, 08:29 PM
goin on the atkins diet?..not a wise idea..i've recently learned that jus consumin meat forces your body to use up fat as the main energy source (which sounds appealin when u want to lose weight)..BUT..this then can lead to ketosis..which is basically toxic for the body..and leads to ur breath smelling like nail varnish...
so...a good way to lose weight..is to eat healthily..pray five daily salaat..if possible pray tahajjud salaat and otehr voluntary salaats like ishraq..and do exercise..and then insha'allah..weight is lost..:)

SalafiFemaleJih
03-09-2006, 08:41 PM
OK be careful because alot of side effects do happen and have been reported by users of that dies or anyone doing crash dieting. Do some research on it.
oh yeah show off eH?

Kittygyal
03-09-2006, 08:46 PM
well yea u should go for sum kinda Jym and dn't eat that much jus see wot you eat.....

''try not to look at people and say, ''wow they r eatin and i should and that's delicious!'' nonono!!! that is totally wrong u should eat abit ov fat and abit ov healthy food too cuz some people think ''DIET'' is jus eatin veg, fruit,and drink water that's it, but NO that is NOT ryt! u should eat 5 fruits in a day :) da least is 3 and also do excersise regulary and trus mi swimming is good... :)

i've done a course on ''dieting'' and trus mi i've learnt alot even tho am not fat but yea am ''fat'' for 1 reason.....(hint):) :) :) girlys u knw da score y :) :)

trus mi eat less, go a jym regulary, go a swimming, eat 5 fruits in a day if u can (DO NOT EAT BANANA'Z MORE THAN 1), eat brown bread, (jus say food that has gt less fat in r sugary)

i hope that helps :)

if u av any questions plz feel free ta ask... :)

take care

Cheb
03-09-2006, 09:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijabi_19
goin on the atkins diet?..not a wise idea..i've recently learned that jus consumin meat forces your body to use up fat as the main energy source (which sounds appealin when u want to lose weight)..BUT..this then can lead to ketosis..which is basically toxic for the body..and leads to ur breath smelling like nail varnish...
so...a good way to lose weight..is to eat healthily..pray five daily salaat..if possible pray tahajjud salaat and otehr voluntary salaats like ishraq..and do exercise..and then insha'allah..weight is lost..:)
Actually if you follow it in the right way it is likely you wont face any problems. Personally I think workign out is enough for me. I just dont like not being able to eat some sort of food so Im off diets anyway. I eat what I want but I exercise...That works for me. I just hate being restricted to certain types of food. If I see somethign I like, I WILL EAT IT!! :)

Musaafirah
03-09-2006, 09:49 PM
Actually if you follow it in the right way it is likely you wont face any problems. Personally I think workign out is enough for me. I just dont like not being able to eat some sort of food so Im off diets anyway. I eat what I want but I exercise...That works for me. I just hate being restricted to certain types of food. If I see somethign I like, I WILL EAT IT!! :)
same..i love my food..:statisfie ..no matter wat the situation i'll alwayz have room for food..tho i dont seem to gain weight...:rollseyes ..all the same itz advisable not to follow the atkins diet...:)

The Ruler
03-09-2006, 09:56 PM
in ma gcse pe calss, they taught us dat u shud try not to stop eatin food wen ur on a diet...cuz sum ppl do...cuz den ur body looses all the fat n the stretched skin sort of drools. they suggest dat the best way to loose waight is to control ur amount of fat and calories intake and exercise...but do not overload.

Kittygyal
03-09-2006, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tagrid
in ma gcse pe calss, they taught us dat u shud try not to stop eatin food wen ur on a diet...cuz sum ppl do...cuz den ur body looses all the fat n the stretched skin sort of drools. they suggest dat the best way to loose waight is to control ur amount of fat and calories intake and exercise...but do not overload.

dat is sooooooo tru sis :) :happy: :happy:

take care

Cheb
03-09-2006, 10:05 PM
The stretched skin is usually when you lose a lot of weight in a short period of time.
I just think that it is best not to eat about 3 or 4 hours before sleeping and to exercise either everyday or ever other day.

Halima
03-09-2006, 10:11 PM

Some people have very high metabolism aswell.

renak
03-10-2006, 04:37 AM
You know, I sort of like being fat.

Muezzin
03-10-2006, 09:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima

Some people have very high metabolism aswell.

Like Shaggy from Scooby Doo. Man that boy could eat more in two seconds than I could in a day, and he never put on weight.

Sod blaming McDonald's for the obesity crisis - it's Shaggy's fault.

sargon
03-10-2006, 04:12 PM
I always gain between 10-15 pounds in winter and lose it in summer, always happens no matter what I do.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-10-2006, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nihma333
Haha ooh wow!..... But you're right, I lost 15 lbs that way just for fun. But I dont eat much in general.

peace,
Naimah

loool for fun :p

its fun to eat its boring to lose weight

wats more fun then eatin a tub of haagen daaz :p

(btw im really not fat :statisfie )

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
03-10-2006, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pr4sE
loool for fun :p

its fun to eat its boring to lose weight

wats more fun then eatin a tub of haagen daaz :p

(btw im really not fat :statisfie )

haha true excercise is boring eatingis fun, pass the haagan daasz tub over here :statisfie

IbnAbdulHakim
03-10-2006, 04:57 PM
haha true excercise is boring eatingis fun, pass the haagan daasz tub over here :statisfie
lol love for your brother what you love for yourself akhee, u want the haagen daaz? so let me have it ;D !!!

Muezzin
03-10-2006, 06:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sargon
I always gain between 10-15 pounds in winter and lose it in summer, always happens no matter what I do.
Sounds like preparation for hibernation. :p

Kittygyal
03-10-2006, 06:58 PM
Well Cum On Muezzin Lets See Wt Ur Diet Is.... Mmmm I Bet ''fatty Junk Food :p ;D

TAKE CARE

Muezzin
03-10-2006, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
Well Cum On Muezzin Lets See Wt Ur Diet Is.... Mmmm I Bet ''fatty Junk Food :p ;D

TAKE CARE
It doesn't matter what you eat as long as you don't eat too much and work out regularly.

And I just had a piece of Belgian chocolate, FYI :p

Kittygyal
03-10-2006, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
It doesn't matter what you eat as long as you don't eat too much and work out regularly.

And I just had a piece of Belgian chocolate, FYI :p

O YES IT DUZ MATTER WOT U EAT BELIEVE ME I USED TA BE FAT BT LUK AM 5 STONES BT AS AM PREGNANT OBVIOUSLY AM NOT GNA BE 5:X

WELL BELIEVE U SHUD KEEP FIT N HEALTHY AND NOT EAT BELGIAN CHOCOLATE ;D ;D

I BET UR 11 STONES :giggling: :giggling:

TAKE CARE

Muezzin
03-10-2006, 07:06 PM
10 stones actually. And I'm about 5'7, so that's about average weight.

Eating is fun though, and Atkins is full of it.

Kittygyal
03-10-2006, 07:08 PM
O Eatin Is Fun *cough* Nonono Dn't Evn Go Dere Eatin Is Not Fun Y Not Do Exercise Instead Ov Eatin N Eatin And Jus Becumi Fat Chickens ;D

Musaafirah
03-10-2006, 07:51 PM
of course eatin is fun! itz wat i do in evry available moment..but i'm not fat tho..:rollseyes ..jus average..4 a midget neway..:)

Kittygyal
03-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Aw Is Eatn Fun U Jus THROW It Dwn Ur Throat! No It Is Not Fun Might Aswell Go A Jym R Do Sumet Beta Dan ''eatin''

Take Care

Shahrzad
03-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Im trying to watch what i eat...make sure its not too greasy and not too much fat content. In substitution for potatoe chips and cheetos...I snack on an apple or another other fruit or vegetable.

Maimunah
03-10-2006, 09:02 PM
i love eating!!!
i think its good as long as u exercise n stay fit!
salaam

Kittygyal
03-10-2006, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mashaallah
i love eating!!!
i think its good as long as u exercise n stay fit!
salaam

YEA SIS DAT'S SO TRU :happy:

TAKE CARE

Snowflake
03-11-2006, 12:28 AM
Atkin's is awesome! Shame there's too much bad press about it because ppl dont understand the diet. You actually have to eat 20grams of salad a day with the protein. Then later you can start adding wholesome carbs. I did it and felt fantastic and no my breath didnt smell like nail polish remover either lol.

fallingfear
03-11-2006, 03:47 AM
I play sports, but i eat unhealthy food. and naother bad habit of mine is that i eat or i dont eat at all, meaning i starve myself.

miral_rose
03-12-2006, 12:24 PM
who knows the calories of our food for example ..

how many calories in meat , oil , butter ...?

it is very important to know that .... i think

Cheb
03-12-2006, 12:35 PM
O YES IT DUZ MATTER WOT U EAT BELIEVE ME I USED TA BE FAT BT LUK AM 5 STONES BT AS AM PREGNANT OBVIOUSLY AM NOT GNA BE 5:X

WELL BELIEVE U SHUD KEEP FIT N HEALTHY AND NOT EAT BELGIAN CHOCOLATE ;D ;D

I BET UR 11 STONES :giggling: :giggling:

TAKE CARE
5 stones???
Isnt that like 70 pounds??
I thought that would be a little dangerous woudlnt it?? I mean anything below 100 pounds may be quite dangerous.
Unless you are really short of course. :rollseyes

Snowflake
03-12-2006, 08:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fallingfear
I play sports, but i eat unhealthy food. and naother bad habit of mine is that i eat or i dont eat at all, meaning i starve myself.
why are you starving yourself sis? That's really bad for you and eventually your health will really suffer. Are you playing sports to lose even more weight or something? It can't be doing you good if your not eating healthily. You should look after yourself as health is a blessing that many ppl sufffering with illness wish they had.

Kittygyal
03-12-2006, 08:45 PM
5 stones???
Isnt that like 70 pounds??
I thought that would be a little dangerous woudlnt it?? I mean anything below 100 pounds may be quite dangerous.
Unless you are really short of course. :rollseyes

well for the age it is NOT ryt cuz the doc siad a mi i shud be 6-8 stones and i'm lyk NO WAY!! am a very healthy person n am very stricy bwt me food!
no am not short am average i fink ;D not that tall n not that short cuz when a say short u may fink reali short n if i said tall u may fink reali tall so u knw wot a mean am avereage;D ;D ;D ;D

take care

Tasneem
03-12-2006, 08:52 PM
If you want to lose weight eat lots of
Veggies and fruits.Stay away from all the high fat foods,
excercise,and most importantly make dua to ALLAH(S.W.T)

Kittygyal
03-12-2006, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tasneem
If you want to lose weight eat lots of
Veggies and fruits.Stay away from all the high fat foods,
excercise,and most importantly make dua to ALLAH(S.W.T)

THAT IS SO TRU SIS :happy:

TAKE CARE

Cookie Monster
03-12-2006, 09:54 PM

walkin helps alot!!! goin for a walk is enjoyable(unless u get chased by a dog, trust me im talkin frm experience, i gt chased by a bulldog on the way bak frm town yesterday:giggling: )
and it keeps u fit and healthy aswel...

take care

Kittygyal
03-12-2006, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster

walkin helps alot!!! goin for a walk is enjoyable(unless u get chased by a dog, trust me im talkin frm experience, i gt chased by a bulldog on the way bak frm town yesterday:giggling: )

take care
;D ;D i bet the dog was running for the cookies:giggling: :giggling: :X

take care

The Ruler
03-12-2006, 09:57 PM

take care
yeh but its too hrd...mscles strain n stuff....but still i guess its no pain, no gain situation :rollseyes :)

Cookie Monster
03-12-2006, 09:57 PM
oh yeh, i didnt think of that, it was probly the trail of crumbs i was leaving behind... lol

Kittygyal
03-12-2006, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tagrid
yeh but its too hrd...mscles strain n stuff....but still i guess its no pain, no gain situation :rollseyes :)

cum of it when u exercise u need ur muscles ta av exercise too;D

tk/cr

Kittygyal
03-12-2006, 09:59 PM
oh yeh, i didnt think of that, it was probly the trail of crumbs i was leaving behind... lol
yea a fought so;D cuz i can smell the biscuit ere anall :giggling:

tk/cr

Halima
03-13-2006, 12:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Like Shaggy from Scooby Doo. Man that boy could eat more in two seconds than I could in a day, and he never put on weight.

Sod blaming McDonald's for the obesity crisis - it's Shaggy's fault.

OMG that is just how my friend is. She eats so much junk food but she's still very skinny. She's weighed the same ever since 9th grade. I think that is soo not fair becuase she can eat all the junk food she wants but never gains an ounce.

Cheb
03-13-2006, 02:24 PM
well for the age it is NOT ryt cuz the doc siad a mi i shud be 6-8 stones and i'm lyk NO WAY!! am a very healthy person n am very stricy bwt me food!
no am not short am average i fink ;D not that tall n not that short cuz when a say short u may fink reali short n if i said tall u may fink reali tall so u knw wot a mean am avereage;D ;D ;D ;D

take care
Well my advice would be to follow what your doctor said. Honestly 8 stones even sounds a too low. Never forget that you may feel healthy, but that does not mean that you are. I am not assuming anything but it is always better to be safe than sorry.
I myself am a little over 16 stones and 6'1 so I think I need to lose weight myself :heated:
Getting a little lazy these days. :uhwhat :uhwhat

Mawaddah
03-13-2006, 03:24 PM
I'm 5'7" and I weight 148 lbs and thats around 10 stone , However I sure wouldn't mind losing more weight :D
The best thing to do is just eat everyyyyyything you want, yep thats right, everything, but just small small portions.
Instead of eating 3 big meals a day, eat more smaller ones, that way your stomach gets used to small portions of food. Also no in between meal snacks except for the fruits veggies etc etc.
And it works.........for most people that is......I guess I"m excluded because I haven't seen results yet :(

Kittygyal
03-13-2006, 04:07 PM
Well my advice would be to follow what your doctor said. Honestly 8 stones even sounds a too low. Never forget that you may feel healthy, but that does not mean that you are. I am not assuming anything but it is always better to be safe than sorry.
I myself am a little over 16 stones and 6'1 so I think I need to lose weight myself :heated:
Getting a little lazy these days. :uhwhat :uhwhat

yea well at the end of the day i'm ryt well doc says i need ta put weight on bt i D'NT WANA cuz at the moment as am pregnant obviously am gna be over weight bt reali me weight is 5 stones i think am ryt tho:rant:

well i can not eat fatty food at all it makes me sick man! :heated: i go a jym and swimming and i eat healty food (i'm reali strict bwt me food) so wot duh u expect obviously am gna be 5 stones:rollseyes

bt at the mo i dn't go a jym and swimming cuz the doc said not at this tym when am pregnant...

and u being 16 stones wo0o0w my god! that is so much! sick man sick! bro u need a loose it man!

how can u lot eat junk n fatty food it's jus lyk ''SICK''

take care

Cheb
03-14-2006, 07:06 PM
yea well at the end of the day i'm ryt well doc says i need ta put weight on bt i D'NT WANA cuz at the moment as am pregnant obviously am gna be over weight bt reali me weight is 5 stones i think am ryt tho:rant:

well i can not eat fatty food at all it makes me sick man! :heated: i go a jym and swimming and i eat healty food (i'm reali strict bwt me food) so wot duh u expect obviously am gna be 5 stones:rollseyes

bt at the mo i dn't go a jym and swimming cuz the doc said not at this tym when am pregnant...

and u being 16 stones wo0o0w my god! that is so much! sick man sick! bro u need a loose it man!

how can u lot eat junk n fatty food it's jus lyk ''SICK''

take care
Ok then. But always keep your baby in mind. Seek advise from either mothers or even back to your doc to know what is best to eat when pregnant and what is best for your baby. Inshallah he will turn out healthy like you ;)

Ya 230 pounds is quite a lot but it isnt that bad. I mean I dont look fat and I dont eat a lot of unhealthy food. But I do eat a lot :rollseyes :happy:
But anyway I need to get it down to like 14 or 15 stones and that will be fine by me.

nicemale
03-23-2006, 03:47 PM
hello how ru first msg in this thread........ can any one guide me how to loose weight? with out reducing eating n with out doing exersize..?[S][/S]

S_87
03-23-2006, 03:51 PM

exercising tones you which is good. it keeps you fitter and healthier...even if its like 10 mins a day

IbnAbdulHakim
03-23-2006, 03:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nicemale
hello how ru first msg in this thread........ can any one guide me how to loose weight? with out reducing eating n with out doing exersize..?[S][/S]
yes sit in one place for one year and dont do nething, dont eat eiva, inshaAllah u will end up losing weight or u'll die, eiva way u'll lose weight ;D

nicemale
03-23-2006, 04:04 PM
haha haha hello pr4se what badi have don e with y ru thinking to kill me?????????? jus joking u know i got some extra weight i always intrested with weight loosing mothods i have red some books n searched net abt this even i reduced my weight but it increased after some months again....

IbnAbdulHakim
03-23-2006, 04:09 PM
haha haha hello pr4se what badi have don e with y ru thinking to kill me?????????? jus joking u know i got some extra weight i always intrested with weight loosing mothods i have red some books n searched net abt this even i reduced my weight but it increased after some months again....
loool, increased it. ok i'll tell ya the trik

follow the sunnah!!!!

lol fill one third of ur stomach wiv food, one third wiv water, and leave one third for air, so that u may think.

excersize will be ur daily routine (i hope ur not too lazy :p) lol and of course inshaAllah in due time u will lose weight :)

nicemale
03-23-2006, 04:11 PM
ooh man this is the problem i cnat do exersice and also cant reduce my diet ... u may say im lazy so wht abt now?...

IbnAbdulHakim
03-23-2006, 04:17 PM
ooh man this is the problem i cnat do exersice and also cant reduce my diet ... u may say im lazy so wht abt now?...
cant reduce ur diet? u cant follow the sunnah?

ok bro in that case i say stay fat LOL ;D !!!

nicemale
03-23-2006, 04:21 PM
i can follow sunnah when i sit to eat my meals i try to follow sunah as u s aid but i cant control extra eating which we eat with out mealtimings like icecreams, drinks, tea etc

IbnAbdulHakim
03-23-2006, 04:25 PM
i can follow sunnah when i sit to eat my meals i try to follow sunah as u s aid but i cant control extra eating which we eat with out mealtimings like icecreams, drinks, tea etc
i dont like the word cant, lol i think u should fast coz u seem to have weak will power.

bro inshaAllah i will also try fastin more coz i feel like i eat too much.

Muezzin
03-23-2006, 04:27 PM
You want to lose weight fast? Eat a crapload of food.

Then, when you're so obese that something as light as a fairy cake could induce cardiac arrest, get liposuction.

The best way to get thin? Get fat!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.