/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Negative perceptions of Islam increasing

Bittersteel
03-09-2006, 02:43 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11735622/

oh believe me we are to blame too partially.the whole cartoon violence was useless.seriously there are more idiotic Muslims than idiotic kaffirs.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
03-09-2006, 02:58 PM
:sl:
One of the main things it boils down to is that a lot of people do not understand Islam. So what they do see of it, on T.V etc, that is what they base their judgement upon. How many muslim sheiks do you know appear on TV and the media that do not preach violence? Not many I can tell you that.
The fault is therefore on two: We as muslims - sadly a minority of muslims do stupid things that often get swept into the media. The second party is everyone else - perhaps if more people didn't just blindly follow the media, Islam wouldn't be perceived incorrectly.
However, it is important to note that the media only reports what is happening, but doesn't ,however, always show the full picture.

HeiGou
03-09-2006, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
One of the main things it boils down to is that a lot of people do not understand Islam. So what they do see of it, on T.V etc, that is what they base their judgement upon. How many muslim sheiks do you know appear on TV and the media that do not preach violence? Not many I can tell you that.
The fault is therefore on two: We as muslims - sadly a minority of muslims do stupid things that often get swept into the media. The second party is everyone else - perhaps if more people didn't just blindly follow the media, Islam wouldn't be perceived incorrectly.
However, it is important to note that the media only reports what is happening, but doesn't ,however, always show the full picture.
Well you could do something to compensate for that. I have always thought there needs to be a "Good News from the World of Islam" thread. So, let's create one. Anyone have a good news story from the Muslim world that does not involve anyone dying or being beheaded or tortured? Anything that might give a positive view of Islam to the West?

What good things have been happening in your neck of the woods?

Muezzin
03-10-2006, 09:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
Well you could do something to compensate for that. I have always thought there needs to be a "Good News from the World of Islam" thread. So, let's create one. Anyone have a good news story from the Muslim world that does not involve anyone dying or being beheaded or tortured? Anything that might give a positive view of Islam to the West?

What good things have been happening in your neck of the woods?
Aw, come on, you know good news doesn't sell papers :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
j4763
03-10-2006, 12:21 PM
But it would be nice to hear some!

HeiGou
03-10-2006, 12:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Aw, come on, you know good news doesn't sell papers :p
That is why we need to provide what they do not. What is the best thing you have heard from the world of Islam this week that did not involve anyone getting hurt?

Protected_Diamond
03-10-2006, 01:14 PM
With all due respect, why do we have to prove ourselves to you? We do our good deeds for Allah s.w.a and not to please or to be accepted by you guys. And even if we do inform you guys what good deeds Muslims do will you believe us? I doubt it very much. Think whatever you want about us because it doesn't matter to me how much hatred you got for us. You will discover the truth if Allah s.w.a wills.

j4763
03-10-2006, 01:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninjaress
With all due respect, why do we have to prove ourselves to you? We do our good deeds for Allah s.w.a and not to please or to be accepted by you guys. And even if we do inform you guys what good deeds Muslims do will you believe us? I doubt it very much. Think whatever you want about us because it doesn't matter to me how much hatred you got for us. You will discover the truth if Allah s.w.a wills.
Was that good or bad news then? ;D

Protected_Diamond
03-10-2006, 01:22 PM
LOL, i'll leave you to think about it. :)

aamirsaab
03-10-2006, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
What is the best thing you have heard from the world of Islam this week that did not involve anyone getting hurt?
Yeah, you see that's the problem. Just because it isn't reported it doesn't mean it doesn't happen: I go for a crap at least 3 times a day, but it's never in the news - do I complain? only when there's no loo role left.

Good things do happen but the media is very how we say selective in what it reports. Granted, a lot of things do happen daily and the media isn't able to cover it all - that is a fact that I am fully aware of.

What really needs to be done is muslims getting into respected areas (usually via education) such as parliament etc where their views and opinions actually do count for something. Instead, what we do have is the following:
1) The minority muslims that express their views through means of violence - and so are naturally "targeted" by the media and thus start the negative perception of Islam
2) The one's in the middle - ordinary folk aka me, who are able to see what the heck is going on but require the help of every muslim on the whole in order to change the perception of Islam.

I'm not surpised that non-muslims are confused as hell when it comes to Islam - they see most of category 1 (via media representation) and think "Islam is bad, real bad" and then category number 2 is like: "oh dear". And then the non-muslims are like: "you guys are crazy, therefore Islam is bad. Bye!"

People are judged by their actions and muslims have to remember that not only do they represent themselves, they represent the whole of Islam.

Laugh at it if you want, but it still remains the truth.

basitisnumberone
03-10-2006, 02:07 PM
:sl:
also keep in mind that most of the major news outlets in the west are owned by jews, and we they're not too fond of us.
here in canada for example, the largest media network, canwest global was owned by man named israel "izzy" asper, who passed away in 2004. he was a staunch zionist and supporter of israel who went to extremes to ensure that no negative news about jews/israelis was reported.
:w:

HeiGou
03-10-2006, 06:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninjaress
With all due respect, why do we have to prove ourselves to you?
No reason at all. Nor am I asking you to. A Hindu temple was destroyed in Indonesia by a bomb. An Indonesian woman was arrested and jailed for a few days for weatring makeup. The bad depressing news goes on. I think there is good news to report from the Muslim world. I just do not see it. I think it would be a good thing to remind people that good things do happen in every part of the world.

We do our good deeds for Allah s.w.a and not to please or to be accepted by you guys.
Good for you.

And even if we do inform you guys what good deeds Muslims do will you believe us? I doubt it very much. Think whatever you want about us because it doesn't matter to me how much hatred you got for us. You will discover the truth if Allah s.w.a wills.
I might. If I trusted you and you had evidence. I tend to trust people until they suggest otherwise. It must matter a bit because not only have you bothered to reply, you have got all upset and replied very rudely. Why?

Bittersteel
03-10-2006, 06:30 PM
What is the best thing you have heard from the world of Islam this week that did not involve anyone getting hurt?
Shaekh Abdur Rahman of the Muslim terrorist organization got caught along with the Most Wanted Bangla Bhai.oh sorry a Sergeant of the Rapid Action Battalion died.

bangalore bob
03-10-2006, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abrar
Shaekh Abdur Rahman of the Muslim terrorist organization ...

There are Muslim terrorist organizations ? Wow, that's news to me !!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.