/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fastest Growing Religion?

ba2345
01-18-2006, 11:55 PM
It is often said that islam is the fastest growing religion.My question;Is Atheism is the fastest growing way of life.There are more born muslims living like atheists than there are converts or born again muslims.
your comment welcome
P.S please be patient ,i am a new user

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mainul_Islam
01-19-2006, 03:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ba2345
It is often said that islam is the fastest growing religion.My question;Is Atheism is the fastest growing way of life.There are more born muslims living like atheists than there are converts or born again muslims.
your comment welcome
P.S please be patient ,i am a new user
hello ba2345, welcome to the forum.

u should have started a new thread in the Introduction forum (if u havent)

but to answer ur question, an atheist is who completely denies the existence of Allah. there is no Muslim that is an atheist :hmm: but many Muslims dont live their lives as Muslims, they've become too attatched to this world, i agree. the believers are the minority in mankind

Ansar Al-'Adl
01-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Hello ba2345,
Yes, Islam is the fastest growing religion as testified by a great number of sources. While it is true that secularism (not atheism) is spreading rapidly, its effects remain limited to a specific population, amongst the vast majority of people around the world.

Regards

mansio
01-20-2006, 10:19 AM
I always wondered if the different Shiite sects belong to Islam. The Turkish Alevis alone number between 15 and 25 millions. So those people should be substracted from the total number of Muslims.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aZn_pLayGurL
01-20-2006, 01:53 PM
It is sed were ever ju go dat our

[S]I$LaM[/S]

is the fastest growing religion and is gna gna explode one day lol thatz how fast its growing

:p am exagirating a lil bit lolz :p

Protected_Diamond
01-20-2006, 01:56 PM
:sl:

Alhamdulilah, statistics show that one in every four is a muslim :happy:

:w:

MetSudaisTwice
01-20-2006, 01:56 PM
salam
subhanallah
islam is the fastest growing religion
wasalam
^^^love your sig sis, mashallah
wasalam

Mezier
01-20-2006, 02:56 PM
I got a question.
Anyone have any sources showing the exact number of converts to Islam (i.e., per year)?
Because whenever I tell people that Islam is the fastest growing religion, some of them say that is only true because of the high birth rate in Muslim countries.

aZn_pLayGurL
01-20-2006, 02:59 PM
hMmm amnot sure but ill try to find it now 4 ju... lol... am suppose 2 do ma work now but am in diz forum :D

Z
01-20-2006, 03:00 PM
Salaam.

You know, this is going to kill everything but I have to say it. What happened to quality, and not quantity?

Umar001
01-20-2006, 03:01 PM
Im confused, when someone reverts do they have to go mosque and sign a paper or something, cos I aint done that.

aZn_pLayGurL
01-20-2006, 03:01 PM
i Dont no... JU TeLL Me bRuDa :p

aZn_pLayGurL
01-20-2006, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Im confused, when someone reverts do they have to go mosque and sign a paper or something, cos I aint done that.

aV NeVr herd of that b4 whIch mosq did ju go 2?

Umar001
01-20-2006, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

You know, this is going to kill everything but I have to say it. What happened to quality, and not quantity?

I have to agree, the numbr of muslims shouldnt and it didnt attract me, i mean it is amazing that with all the press and media against islam as such, alot are still reverting, that is something interesting. but once a person joins islam, and sees the actions of muslims, it is quite upsetting

Umar001
01-20-2006, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aZn_pLayGurL
aV NeVr herd of that b4 whIch mosq did ju go 2?

nah I have heard it from brothers, since when one goes on hajj, only muslims are allowed in that place, so people gotta know your muslim, plus it helps in case you die, the paper should ensure u are burried as a muslim, i mean in muslim etiquette, since a brother was married to a christian woman, and she didnt know muslims are not to be cremated but she was gonna have him cremated, but Alhamdulilah, a muslim family heard about this and told the mosque, and we gave him ghusl, well I didnt I jus watched, was abit put off. :heated:

Umar001
01-20-2006, 03:09 PM
but dont get me wrong, u can be muslim without doing this, this is jus something legal, nothing islamic as such

mahdisoldier19
01-21-2006, 02:44 AM
Salam

ISLAM - GROWING RATE : AS OF 2000 235%

CHRISTIANITY - GROWING RATE : 30 %

Well there ya go

Bittersteel
01-21-2006, 03:20 AM
it doesn't matter.

Q:Isn't evangelizement and spreading the Dawah mean the same thing?

HeiGou
03-09-2006, 02:43 PM
It is often claimed around these sorts of websites that Islam is the world's fastest growing religion. There are some figures on websites but they show suspiciously small Catholic numbers and suspiciously large Muslim ones. I find this somewhat hard to believe. Does anyone know a source better than a quote from an Islamic webiste to prove this? What is the world's fastest growing religion?

To do what I said we shouldn't, I ripped this off a website.

The fastest growing religion (in terms of percentage) is Wicca -- a Neopagan religion that is sometimes referred to as Witchcraft. Numbers of adherents went from 8,000 in 1990 to 134,000 in 2001. Their numbers of adherents are doubling about every 30 months. 4,5 Wiccans in Australia have a very similar growth pattern, from fewer than 2,000 in 1996 to 9,000 in 2001. 10 In Canada, Wiccans and other Neopagans showed the greatest percentage growth of any faith group. They totaled 21,080 members in 1991, an increase of 281% when compared with 1990.

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-09-2006, 02:49 PM
http://www.menj.org/fastest/

The above link contains links to several websites and reputed new sources all of which confirm the claim that Islam is the fastest growing religion, in terms of converts not just births.

HeiGou
03-09-2006, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
http://www.menj.org/fastest/

The above link contains links to several websites and reputed new sources all of which confirm the claim that Islam is the fastest growing religion, in terms of converts not just births.
Wow that was quick. Well I am looking but that sites looks to me as if it is just a collection of newspaper reports. Certainly people like CAIR claim it is the fastest growing religion in the US and the world. Am I missing some evidence that he has posted? Nor can I see any distinction being made between births and converts.

I will try to find some sort of "guestimate" from the 1920s of the breakdown of the world's religions. Anyone have one, a paper printed one, handy?

Cheb
03-09-2006, 03:02 PM
I am not sure if this applies but in this video they say "Islam is the fastest growing religion in" i think the U.S or the world.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...53144432289069

Peace.

HeiGou
03-09-2006, 05:32 PM
According to Wikipedia,

Christianity

Within Christianity, numerous distinct groups have developed, with diverse beliefs that vary widely by culture and place. Since the Reformation, Christianity is usually represented as being divided into three main branches:

* Catholicism: The Roman Catholic Church, the largest single body — which includes several Eastern Catholic communities — as well as certain smaller communities (e.g., the Old-Catholics), with more than 1 billion baptized members.
* Eastern Christianity: Oriental Orthodox Churches, the Assyrian Church of the East, and the Eastern Orthodox Churches, with a combined membership of more than 240 million baptized members.
* Protestantism: Numerous denominations and groups such as Anglicans, Lutherans, Reformed, Evangelical, Charismatic, Presbyterians, Baptists, Methodists, Anabaptists, and Pentecostals. The oldest of these groups separated from the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th-century Protestant Reformation. The later groups typically formed as separations from the older ones. Some Protestants identify themselves simply as Christian, or born-again Christian. Others, particularly among Anglicans and in Neo-Lutheranism, identify themselves as being "both Catholic and Protestant". Worldwide total is just under 500 million.

Other denominations and churches which self-identify as Christian but which distance themselves from the above classifications together claim around 275 million members. These include African indigenous churches with up to 110 million members (estimates vary widely), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also called Mormons) with more than 12 million members3, Jehovah's Witnesses with approximately 6.6 million members4, and other groups5. The early leaders of most of these groups were originally Protestant adherents.

Islam

Based on the percentages published in the 2005 CIA World Factbook ("World"), Islam is the second largest religion in the world. According to the World Network of Religious Futurists, the U.S. Center for World Mission, and the controversial Samuel Huntington, Islam is growing faster numerically than any of the other major world religions. Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance estimate that it is growing at about 2.9% annually, as opposed to 2.3% per year global population growth. Non-Muslim observers attribute this growth to the higher birth rates in many Islamic countries (six out of the top-ten countries in the world with the highest birth rates are majority Muslim[1]). A recent demographic study, however, has determined that the birth rates of some Muslim countries are plummeting to the levels of western countries [2].

Commonly cited estimates of the Muslim population today range between 900 million and 1.4 billion people (cf. Adherents.com); estimates of Islam by country based on U.S. State Department figures yield a total of 1.48 billion, while the Muslim delegation at the United Nations quoted 1.2 billion as the global Muslim population in September 2005.

Hindus

More than one billion people across the world practise Hinduism. 950 million of them live in the Indian subcontinent, the birthplace of Hinduism. The Himalayan kingdom of Nepal is the world's only Hindu nation. Though the majority of the Indian population practices Hinduism, India is a secular republic. Large Hindu communities, mostly expatriates from India, live in South East Asia, North America, the West Indies, Western Europe, the Middle East, East Africa and South Africa. The Hindus of Bali, and in other parts of Indonesia are indigenous Indonesian Hindus.

Buddhism

Numbering over 350 million people, Buddhists spread all over the nations of South East Asia, the Indian subcontinent, China, Korea and Japan. Small Buddhist communities are also found in Western Europe and North America.

I expect they are excluding the Chinese from that count.

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-09-2006, 05:39 PM
what are you trying to say in your last comment?:confused::?

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-09-2006, 05:52 PM
well that's not true. Sunnis belive that some shi'as are not Muslim because they consider their acts as blasphemous.

HeiGou
03-09-2006, 05:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
There are over 1 billion Chinese and most of them are Buddhists to some degree. And a lot of other things as well.

Chuck
03-09-2006, 06:08 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he is trying to say that if Catholicism is the fastest growing religion I China then perhaps Christianity is the fastest growing religion if you add China in the estimates.

HeiGou
03-09-2006, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chuck
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he is trying to say that if Catholicism is the fastest growing religion I China then perhaps Christianity is the fastest growing religion if you add China in the estimates.
Umm, no. They are only a snapshot at one time - now - and so cannot be used to show which is growing fastest. You need two points in time for that. All I said was that the Buddhist figure looked low and I assumed they simply did not count the population of China in the Buddhist figures (or there would be about a billion of them).

What they show is, now, Christianity is the largest religion - Catholicism alone being about the size of Islam. Islam is probably next. Hinduism not far behind. I expect that Buddhism is up there too.

abdullahi
03-09-2006, 06:16 PM
i think what he means bro is that the moderators will close this thread if it turns into a sectarian debate.

Chuck
03-09-2006, 06:19 PM
This might help: http://www.adherents.com/largecom/com_buddhist.html

HeiGou
03-09-2006, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chuck
Yeah but there is no way there is only 100,000,000 Buddhists in China. Taiwan, which has had years of American evangelisation, is about 50 percent Buddhist. China should be about the same if not more. Clearly the CCP does not allow people to register as Buddhists, or discourages them, and so they are reporting the official figure. So assuming the same proportion as Taiwan, say 500 million? Not that it is important as Buddhism is not growing much. It is the lesser of the four big religions although animism is the one that is not counted.

Chuck
03-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Taiwan, which has had years of American evangelisation, is about 50 percent Buddhist. China should be about the same if not more. Clearly the CCP does not allow people to register as Buddhists, or discourages them, and so they are reporting the official figure. So assuming the same proportion as Taiwan, say 500 million?
It is possible and it is also possible that actual Buddhist population is 100; it is not conclusive evidence.

sargon
03-09-2006, 06:57 PM
Most people in China are atheist because of Communism. I'd say the majority is atheist, while the others are Christian, Muslim, and Buddhist. But this is only me rambling about the people I've met in one province, so it's not a statistic.

China isn't very good with statistics anyways, or news for that matter. The propaganda here is not really anti anything, they just conceal information and make things up about other countries. But because of internet and foreign influence many of those pre conceived notions are gone.

One example of the propaganda in China about America is that America isn't safe, and yea most people think Muslims did 9/11.

I could go on about China but that's off topic...

sevenxtrust
03-09-2006, 07:39 PM
The fastest growing religion is Islam, but the Great Harlot is something to consider in Gods Holy Bible.

Muslim Knight
03-10-2006, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sevenxtrust
The fastest growing religion is Islam, but the Great Harlot is something to consider in Gods Holy Bible.
Now, what's that suppose to mean?

E'jaazi
03-11-2006, 06:03 AM
In case you were unaware, Allah has promised in the Qu'ran that He would make Islam prevail over all religions, even though the disbelievers detest it. 75% percent of the world is Islamic. And here in the USA, according to their own figures, Islam has now become the 2nd largest religion, passing Judism. At the rate it is going, they predict that it will surpass Christianity. The promise of Allah is True!

"Oh Allah! Help me to remember You, be thankful to You, and worship You well! Ameen!"

HeiGou
03-11-2006, 09:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by blackjubba
In case you were unaware, Allah has promised in the Qu'ran that He would make Islam prevail over all religions, even though the disbelievers detest it. 75% percent of the world is Islamic. And here in the USA, according to their own figures, Islam has now become the 2nd largest religion, passing Judism. At the rate it is going, they predict that it will surpass Christianity. The promise of Allah is True!
Actually literally 75 percent of the world is not Islamic, about 21 percent is. Obviously if 3 out of every 4 people were Muslims Islam would have passed Christianity already. Figures for the numbers of Muslims in the US is a problem. All the Muslim groups produce big figures. Others produce smaller figures. But at some point, if not now, Muslims will pass Jews. But that still makes them a trivial community in an overwhelmingly Christian society.

Nicola
03-11-2006, 09:16 AM
“For God speaks once, yea twice, yet man perceives it not. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; Then he opens the ears of men and seals their instruction.” Job 33: 14-16

The Risen Lord Jesus is visiting the Muslims through dreams and visions in fulfillment of Joel Chapter 2, which proclaims that in the Last Days the Holy Spirit will be poured out on all peoples, and young and old alike will experience dreams and visions.

http://www.jesusvisions.org/index.shtml

God is pouring out his Spirit of Truth the Holy Spirit and I believe he is now mainly interested in Muslim.
I believe the west have had their chance!

This website is a free book and gives many stories of Muslims people who have encounted Jesus and tells us how its changed their lives...In english and arabic

E'jaazi
03-11-2006, 10:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
Actually literally 75 percent of the world is not Islamic, about 21 percent is. Obviously if 3 out of every 4 people were Muslims Islam would have passed Christianity already. Figures for the numbers of Muslims in the US is a problem. All the Muslim groups produce big figures. Others produce smaller figures. But at some point, if not now, Muslims will pass Jews. But that still makes them a trivial community in an overwhelmingly Christian society.

Sorry, but you are wrong. As for the USA, the numbers are not a problem. Those figures were not put out by an Islamic group, but by a non-Islamic group. And you must consider that they did not account for all of the muslims. The last time they took a count in the city of Philadelphia, there were over 250,000 Muslims in the city. That number has since grown. But I understand why you wrote what you did.

Umu 'Isa
03-11-2006, 10:26 AM
islam is the fastest growing religion..
there are 200 million muslims in china alone. source

According to "The Almanac Book of Facts", the population increased 137% within the past decade, Christianity increased 46%, while Islam increased 235%.

HeiGou
03-11-2006, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ladee_Maryam
islam is the fastest growing religion..
there are 200 million muslims in china alone. source
That article can make that claim but it is not true. There are not that many Muslims in China. Nor have they had a great deal of success converting people recently.

According to "The Almanac Book of Facts", the population increased 137% within the past decade, Christianity increased 46%, while Islam increased 235%.
This is precisely the semi-urban-legend-web-based quote I started this thread over. That 235% figure usually refers to the period since 1950 or so. Let's try to source this properly and nail it down. What Almanac Book of Facts?

- Qatada -
03-11-2006, 04:10 PM
That article can make that claim but it is not true. There are not that many Muslims in China. Nor have they had a great deal of success converting people recently.

This is precisely the semi-urban-legend-web-based quote I started this thread over. That 235% figure usually refers to the period since 1950 or so. Let's try to source this properly and nail it down. What Almanac Book of Facts?

I think we need your proofs too. We should get evidences from both sides instead of saying that this isn't true, or thats false etc. So if your saying that the above links aren't reliable, or aren't sufficient - then can you provide evidence to prove that please?

Its simple enough to say that its an urban legend, but just because one person says that - is that a strong enough evidence?

Peace.

HeiGou
03-11-2006, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
I think we need your proofs too. We should get evidences from both sides instead of saying that this isn't true, or thats false etc. So if your saying that the above links aren't reliable, or aren't sufficient - then can you provide evidence to prove that please?
From Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_China

China is home to a large population of adherents of Islam. Sources, including the BBC, suggest that there may be as many as 20 million Muslims in China, up to 2 percent of the country's 1.3 billion population. Other sources suggest Muslims in China may number up to 40 million, with new rumors saying there are 10 million more hiding.[1]

It cites http://members.tripod.com/worldupdat...eworld/id3.htm

Its simple enough to say that its an urban legend, but just because one person says that - is that a strong enough evidence?
No. I say let's get some evidence. This figure has been floating around for a long time on many sites. Self-evidently it is not true for Christians. So I am all for finding real figures.

Zulkiflim
03-12-2006, 03:00 AM
Salaam,

Muslim like to think that the number of converts is increasing.
It unconsciously support the truth of Islam.

But as a counterpoint,i would like to say that Islam is Islam.
Whether there was only 1 muslim or billions,it does not affect ALLAH.

Man take pride in numbers but as the life of the Prophet shows,numbers does not mean anything,if anything it is PIETY/Submission.

So if more of mankind enter Islam thru logical reasoning and understanding,it is the BETTER for THEMSELVES...

It buffers the Ummah but not necessarily empower the Ummah.

So like i say,a person who say the shahadah is a MUSLIM as Allah say it is so.
A muslim cna act un-Islamic,but he is still a muslim.

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-12-2006, 03:15 AM
Also, allthough we are more than 1 billion we are pathetic in comparison to one companion. We truly are like the foam of the sea. Ya Allah! Make us among the Sabiqoun!

sevenxtrust
03-12-2006, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim knight
Now, what's that suppose to mean?
The great Harlot in Bible prophecy is a one world religion, that is led by the prince and the power of the air; Satan himself. This religion WILL BE DESTROYED BY THE TRUE GOD HIMSELF, and all the followers of it..

j4763
03-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Is a Muslim still a Muslim even if they do one or more of the following on a regular bases?

drink alcohol
smoke/inject/use drugs
have causal sex (with many different partners out of wedlock)
listen to music
eat pork
dont pray

(and all the other stuff the quran tells them not to)

------
03-15-2006, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by j4763
Is a Muslim still a Muslim even if they do one or more of the following on a regular bases?

drink alcohol
smoke/inject/use drugs
have causal sex (with many different partners out of wedlock)
listen to music
eat pork
dont pray

(and all the other stuff the quran tells them not to)

How can they be a muslim if they do everything in their life that is haraam?

And Allah swt knows best.

j4763
03-15-2006, 05:36 PM
Well in that case surly the muslim count should be dropped a hell of a lot then!
Their are many people who would claim to be or classed/counted as Muslim yet do all the above things!

Nicola
03-15-2006, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pagal Kuri

How can they be a muslim if they do everything in their life that is haraam?

And Allah swt knows best.

We know the press still call them Muslims...eg..suicide bombers, terrorists.

Do you think it's want of a better word?

For instance I wouldn't call a person who bombed up an abortion clinic a 'Christian' a priest who messed around with Children...but this is what they call themselves and the press will also..

But we know different!...like you know what a Muslim person should behave like and what a true Muslim is.

So what should we call these people, who use the name of their faith to do such evil things...besides Mental, Evil.

Only education I believe can help but the press do nothing at all to help this situation.

------
03-15-2006, 07:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nicola
So what should we call these people, who use the name of their faith to do such evil things...besides Mental, Evil.
Evil iz a bit strong word....

Only education I believe can help but the press do nothing at all to help this situation.
Yep i agree totally...

Maimunah
03-15-2006, 07:11 PM
We know the press still call them Muslims...eg..suicide bombers, terrorists.

Do you think it's want of a better word?

For instance I wouldn't call a person who bombed up an abortion clinic a 'Christian' a priest who messed around with Children...but this is what they call themselves and the press will also..

But we know different!...like you know what a Muslim person should behave like and what a true Muslim is.

may allah guide everyone for he's the only one that can help. may he save us from the evil of such people. in islam its haraam to kill urself n to kill inocent people. people who commite suicide allah knows whats in their innerself n he will judge them on the day of judgment.
salaam :)

mahdisoldier19
03-20-2006, 03:42 AM
Assalam Alaikam,

I hope everyone on this board knows that when doing and calculating the statistics of the amount of muslims and christians and more religions in this world are not as accurate as you think. For instance last year, i forgot what university or who the government did a survey on how many muslims in america. What they would do is go to a mosque count the number of people and times them by 3. Thats not fairly accurate as anyone on this board should believe statistics. The fact of the matter is whether Islam being the fastest growing religion, and christianity being declining.

Every Muslim should face the fact that Because Our Muslim nations dont get along with eachother it is this undeniable fact that we are soon going to sink. However, it is also a fact if the whole Muslim world united they would easily grasp the whole world. Whos got the Oil? Thats the only question i got to say. Canada has some oil lol.

So main Message

Dont rely heavy on statistics as they arent as accurate as you think.

Islam is the perfect religion but some muslims are not and they ruin it for all of our ummah.

And be very careful what you say on this board because they're are a few people on this board that arent whom you think. and they will bring something against you and anger you.

hammadj49
03-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Salam:

How you can say that Islam is not a fastest growing religion. Do you have some authentic source, of course not?

Hammad

It is often claimed around these sorts of websites that Islam is the world's fastest growing religion. There are some figures on websites but they show suspiciously small Catholic numbers and suspiciously large Muslim ones. I find this somewhat hard to believe. Does anyone know a source better than a quote from an Islamic webiste to prove this? What is the world's fastest growing religion?

To do what I said we shouldn't, I ripped this off a website.

HeiGou
03-20-2006, 12:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hammadj49
How you can say that Islam is not a fastest growing religion. Do you have some authentic source, of course not?
Because some religions did not exist at all a few decades back and now they are huge. Falun gong has gone from zero to about 100 million in the last three decades. No other religion is growing that fast.

The claim needs to be re-focused and sharpened.

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Sorry... if it's growing so fast how come most people haven't heard of it?:?
I certainly haven't.

HeiGou
03-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Sorry... if it's growing so fast how come most people haven't heard of it?:?
I certainly haven't.
Really? It is growing mostly among Chinese people, but Sargon was talking about it in a thread on Qigong a little while ago.

Is it a religion though?

If you look up figures on Wicca or even Jedi (I believe that Australia and Britain both allowed Jedi as an answer on the census) you will see the numbers are small but they are growing enormously. Especially Jedi which, obviously, did not exist until recently.

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-20-2006, 05:31 PM
I've heard of wicca, it sounds a bit scary:(. Haven't heard of jedi before. Is that a star wars thing?

j4763
03-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Yep ;D

HeiGou
03-20-2006, 05:33 PM
I've heard of wicca, it sounds a bit scary:(.
Actually it sounds a little stupid to me, but I am working on my inter-religious tolerance. I hate it when people make stuff up and then claim it is really old.

Haven't heard of jedi before. Is that a star wars thing?
Yep. And some significant number of people claim to be Jedi by religion.

Not me - I can't believe in an All-Powerful, Merciful God who would create Jar Jar Binks.

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-20-2006, 05:37 PM
Actually it sounds a little stupid to me, but I am working on my inter-religious tolerance. I hate it when people make stuff up and then claim it is really old.

Yep. And some significant number of people claim to be Jedi by religion.

Not me - I can't believe in an All-Powerful, Merciful God who would create Jar Jar Binks.
Looooooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!

Muhammad
03-21-2006, 12:20 PM

Threads merged.

north_malaysian
03-25-2006, 02:48 AM
I've visited World Christian Database website and found out that Islam is the fastest growing religion in several countries.

Countries (% incrase per annum)

Namibia (43.49%)
Slovenia (34.27%)
Chile (32.30%)
Iceland (17.41%)
Spain (9.53%)
Ireland (8.61%)
Finland (7.19%)
Rwanda (5.94%)
Lebanon (5.17%)
Norway (4.02%)
Thailand (3.18%)
Macedonia (3.02%)
Syria (2.99%)
France (2.11%)
Portugal (2.00%)
Bosnia (1.86%)

north_malaysian
03-25-2006, 03:02 AM
Meanwhile several countries also have a great growth of Muslim community, but Islam is not the fastest religion in those countries. These are countries with more than 5% increase of Muslims per year.

British Virgin Islands (16.44%)
Antarctica (11.80%)
Andorra (10.27%)
Nicaragua (8.62%)
Botswana (7.57%)
Anguilla (7.53%)
New Zealand (7.37%)
Solomon Islands (7.10%)
Australia (7.03%)
Canada (6.94%)
Israel (6.88%)
Denmark (6.56%)
Republic of Congo (5.67%)
Austria (5.56%)
Malta (5.52%)
Aruba (5.04%)
Greece (5.01%)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.