/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do animals go to heaven?

j4763
03-09-2006, 05:10 PM
Does anyone know if animals other than humans go to heaven (or hell)?If so is it the same place as every other animal goes (including humans):?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cheb
03-09-2006, 05:15 PM
:sl:
Question :

Recently my 20 year old cat died and my young nieces asked whether animals would go to heaven and I really could not answer them since I don't know the answers myself. Do they go to heaven/hell and how can we make amends if we were cruel to the animals (especially since they have since died)?

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

This question is in two parts:

1 – what is the fate of animals in the Hereafter? Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And when the wild beasts shall be gathered together”

[al-Takweer 81:5]

“There is not a moving (living) creature on earth, nor a bird that flies with its two wings, but are communities like you. We have neglected nothing in the Book, then unto their Lord they (all) shall be gathered”

[al-An’aam 6:38]

Ibn ‘Abbaas said: “Everything will be gathered, even the flies.”

On the Day of Resurrection, the animals will settle scores between one another. It says in a hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “All scores will be settled on the Day of Resurrection; even the hornless sheep will settle its scores with the horned sheep.” (Narrated by Muslim, al-Birr wa’l-Silah wa’l-Adaab, 4679).

It says in another hadeeth: “Allaah will judge between His creation, jinn, humans and animals. On that Day the score will be settled between the hornless and the horned, until there are no outstanding issues left, then Allaah will say, ‘Be dust!’ At the point the kaafir will say, ‘Would that I were dust!’” Shaykh al-Albaani said: This is saheeh. No. 1966; see al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, part 4, p. 966

What is obligatory for the Muslim is to be kind to animals and not harm or annoy them. It was reported that a woman was punished because of a cat. Al-Bukhaari narrated from Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A woman went to Hell because of a cat which she tied up, and did not feed it or let it eat of the vermin of the earth.” (Bad’ al-Khalq, 3071)

And Allaah forgave a prostitute because she was kind to a dog. Al-Bukhaari also narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Whilst a dog was walking around a well, almost dying of thirst, one of the prostitutes of Bani Israa’eel saw him, took off her shoe and gave him water. She was forgiven because of that.” (Ahaadeeth al-Anbiyaa’, 3208)

Whoever harms an animal has to repent to Allaah for that, because the Lord of the animals is the One Who has commanded us to be kind towards them (unless they are harmful).

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.islam-qa.com)

:w:

j4763
03-09-2006, 05:21 PM
So animals do get to go to heaven, even though they dont have to worship allah. A cats life just gets easier and easier.
(wish i were a cat living with a nice family)

Z
03-09-2006, 05:21 PM
Salaam.

There's an opinion of some of the Scholars that only a few animals shall enter Heaven, but not as animals I think.

I think included are the ram that was sacrificed, the dog of the people of the cave. There's a few others too, but I can't remember.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
j4763
03-09-2006, 05:37 PM
Only a few animals out of the many million different species. That’s not fair, I bet the poor little rats wont get in!

muslimah4life
03-09-2006, 06:31 PM
everything returns to allah

Maimunah
03-09-2006, 06:38 PM
i thought after allah judges them, they will disapear n not go to heaven or hell!!!!!!!

Cheb
03-09-2006, 06:54 PM
I think the reason why little information is given to us about this is because we should not have emotional attachments towards animals. Of course we should treat them kindly and help an animal in need, but maybe we are not suppose to have emotional attachments towards them. Rather we should concentrate our time on more important things in life and save these emotions for fellow humans. (This is just an opinion. I am actually what you call an animal lover :))

j4763
03-10-2006, 12:41 PM
I really don’t think its possible to have a pet and not feel emotionally attached to it. I don’t have any children yet (plan to once married to my fiancée) but would imagine the love I have for both my cats would be similar to the love for my child!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.