/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ringtones?????

ishkabab
03-09-2006, 11:37 PM
Asslamu Alaikum
can someone tell me where i can get Islamic ringtones for my cell :? :?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ishkabab
03-10-2006, 12:17 AM
anybody???......nobody has islamic ringtones here??? come on somebody has to?

Mainul_Islam
03-10-2006, 12:36 AM
sorry *shrugs*

Protected_Diamond
03-10-2006, 12:38 AM
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

What kind of 'islamic' ringtones?

With all due respect sister, ringtones are not allowed in Islam because they consist of musical instruments so how can we have 'islamic' ringtones? :?

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Z
03-10-2006, 01:03 AM
Salaam.

I think on the latest set of mobile phones you can have recordings, mp3's and such as ringtones. Do a Google search. Your best bet.

akulion
03-10-2006, 01:09 AM
Here are a mobile phone websites where you might be able to obtain Islamic ringtones :

Zedge.No

You will have to search and look around - I havent used this site for months now.

Warning: the above mentioned site is made by non-muslims and may contain partial nudity in places (bikini clad women etc) so please use caution

ishkabab
03-10-2006, 05:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninjaress
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

What kind of 'islamic' ringtones?

With all due respect sister, ringtones are not allowed in Islam because they consist of musical instruments so how can we have 'islamic' ringtones? :?

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakathu
well sis i said islamic ringtones....who said anything bout music in it?...i only have 1 ringtone of surah fatiha of SS...and this arabic one called fartaqi..
i want more stuff....

ishkabab
03-10-2006, 05:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
Here are a mobile phone websites where you might be able to obtain Islamic ringtones :

Zedge.No

You will have to search and look around - I havent used this site for months now.

Warning: the above mentioned site is made by non-muslims and may contain partial nudity in places (bikini clad women etc) so please use caution
no bro i searched but no luck...

Muezzin
03-10-2006, 08:59 AM
I kinda prefer my phone on silent myself.

If anyone hears it buzzing I just say it's my pet fly, Uder.

...well, actually I don't. But I will from now on. Maybe.

Halima
03-10-2006, 02:09 PM
:sl: sister Ishkabab.

Please read this thread.

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...ht=cell+phones

:w:

MetSudaisTwice
03-10-2006, 03:10 PM
salam
if you can record, then record something and set it as your ringtone, my one is SS surah fatihah:happy:
wasalam

mizan_aliashraf
03-10-2006, 03:27 PM
Salam
Who wants to hear a story about ringtones? Anyone? OK, ill tell it anyway
It was 3am in tahajjud last year in ICC. We were about 3 rak'ah in and the recitation was simply breathtaking, so much that the imam's voice could hardly be heard because of the crying. Out of nowhere came a ringtone (it was proper hip hop music) and it carried on for about 3 minutes. When the imam had finished the 4th rak'ah he turned around and had a go at everyone on the mic to TURN OFF THEIR PHONES - a lot of other musallees got really annoyed with the person whose phone it was because they didnt even cancel the call. It is allowed during salah so long as it is done with one hand. As for music ringtones, it is not allowed to have them, for they are still music. And we should try to avoid putting even recitation as ringtones, as this is showing disrespect - just imagine that your phone rang while you were relieving yourself - ill say no more
Wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
03-10-2006, 03:33 PM
salam
mashallah well said bro and true as well, this happened so many times in our mosque, and whoerver owns the phone that is ringing, they stand up and apologise to everyone
i just can't imamgine such thing happening in the Haram
wasalam

mizan_aliashraf
03-10-2006, 03:34 PM
i just can't imamgine such thing happening in the Haram

Cant you? It happens all the time. In taraweeh if you stand on the roof you hear a phone going off every couple of minutes
Wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
03-10-2006, 03:36 PM
salam
is it??? it nots that bad becasue the Imam of Haram recitation is so loud there i think
wasalam

IbnAbdulHakim
03-10-2006, 03:38 PM
i wake up to Allahu-akbar and my ringtone is the sound of a dart being thrown :lol:

mizan_aliashraf
03-10-2006, 03:40 PM
Salam
Yes the recitation is loud, but when it happens in rukuu' or sujud, it is really annoying and interfers with your concentration. The locals of makkah dont do it. They remember to switch them off. I noticed that it is just the people who have come from abroad forget to switch their phones off.
Wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
03-10-2006, 03:41 PM
salam
that is true bro, may allah guide us all
wasalam
PS: SST has a phone lol, he is using it in a video on my user page (1st SS video)

mizan_aliashraf
03-10-2006, 03:42 PM
PS: SST has a phone lol[/QUOTE]

So have they all, SAS has two! one in either pocket of his bisht!! lol.
Wassalam

IbnAbdulHakim
03-10-2006, 03:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mizan_aliashraf
PS: SST has a phone lol

So have they all, SAS has two! one in either pocket of his bisht!! lol.
Wassalam[/QUOTE]

lol i wonder what ringtones they have :? :statisfie ;D

mizan_aliashraf
03-10-2006, 03:45 PM
Salam
They dont, i was with SS once when his phone rang. It is silent and just vibrates
Wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
03-10-2006, 03:45 PM
salam
SS ringtone is SAS recitation and SAS ringtone is SS recitation lol, probably the latest phones too
allahu alam
wasalam

IbnAbdulHakim
03-10-2006, 03:47 PM
Salam
They dont, i was with SS once when his phone rang. It is silent and just vibrates
Wassalam
lol a rare time wen he put it on silent??
jus kiddin ;D

mizan_aliashraf
03-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Salam
The last time i was in haram makkah SAS did have the latest phone - and no, their phones never ring - They always vibrate
Wassalam

IbnAbdulHakim
03-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Salam
The last time i was in haram makkah SAS did have the latest phone - and no, their phones never ring - They always vibrate
Wassalam
lol bro i was kidding, i am aware of the pious stature of these sheikhs! I listen to there recitations lol.

btw i hope you kno how lucky u are to be able to speak wiv such pious people. InshaAllah if i ever go to makkah i will salaam them and pray wiv them.

:sl:

mizan_aliashraf
03-10-2006, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pr4sE
lol bro i was kidding, i am aware of the pious stature of these sheikhs! I listen to there recitations lol.

btw i hope you kno how lucky u are to be able to speak wiv such pious people. InshaAllah if i ever go to makkah i will salaam them and pray wiv them.

Salam
Inshallah
Wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
03-10-2006, 03:52 PM
salam
inshallah bro, that is the dream of every muslim, to pray in the Haram and behind these sheikhs
wasalam

Tasneem
03-10-2006, 03:53 PM
A scholar said that its not permissible to have Qur'anic ringtones....i dont know why....

mizan_aliashraf
03-10-2006, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tasneem
A scholar said that its not permissible to have Qur'anic ringtones....i dont know why....

Salam
I said earlier in the thread, it is a sign of disrespect to the qur'an.
You could be in a place where reciting qur'an is forbidden and if your phone goes off.......
Wassalam

IbnAbdulHakim
03-10-2006, 03:55 PM
did the scholar give a reason? if he didnt his not a very good scholar :uhwhat

mizan_aliashraf
03-10-2006, 03:57 PM
[QUOTE=Pr4sE;206943]did the scholar give a reason? if he didnt his not a very good scholar :uhwhat

Bro, there's no need to be like that lol. The sister may not have quoted all of the statement. We shouldnt go around labelling scholars as 'not good' as we are nobody to be saying such things.
Wassalam

IbnAbdulHakim
03-10-2006, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=mizan_aliashraf;206946]
format_quote Originally Posted by Pr4sE
did the scholar give a reason? if he didnt his not a very good scholar :uhwhat

Bro, there's no need to be like that lol. The sister may not have quoted all of the statement. We shouldnt go around labelling scholars as 'not good' as we are nobody to be saying such things.
Wassalam
lol my apologies, i just find it hard to accept something without proof/reason... at least a reason if not proof so that we can use our morals to agree to it.

S_87
03-10-2006, 04:00 PM
Salam
Wassalam

cool :coolious: i knew i was following a cool trend having my phone on just vibrate. (most of the time :lol: )

i want two phones now though :lol:

pr4se im no scholar but i believe it would be because the phone may ring when we are not in a good environemt- (just going shopping theres music blasting) and it would be dispespect to the Quran..plus in the middle of an ayah we may answer a call therefore cutting the ayah. like i said im no scholar so ..........

as for original q no hellp there sorry but what kinda ringtones you looknig for? :D

strider
03-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I can't be bothered with ringtones, so i stick with vibrate.

Ma'assalama

Tasneem
03-10-2006, 10:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
Assalamu alaikum

I can't be bothered with ringtones, so i stick with vibrate.

Ma'assalama
LOL i've tried vibrate but i miss the call when its on vibrate:rollseyes :uhwhat

akulion
03-11-2006, 07:29 AM
why dont you use a cat rng tone like me?

It goes "meow meowwwwwwwww meowwwwwWWWWW"

its funny and gets your attention

Another one I have is a chicken but its too funny to use in a serious environment

And then I have one which is a cow

Animals are our friends when t comes to mobile phones... :D

PS: after the 15th i will try and post those ringtones here - atleast the cat one cos its respectable and nice :D

ishkabab
03-11-2006, 04:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
if you can record, then record something and set it as your ringtone, my one is SS surah fatihah:happy:
wasalam
dido...yeh same here i also have that.....listen im not plannin on getting anything muslical....did anybody hear me?..when i said few surahs or naats nazmays nazims something without musical instruments....

ishkabab
03-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Salam
I said earlier in the thread, it is a sign of disrespect to the qur'an.
You could be in a place where reciting qur'an is forbidden and if your phone goes off.......
Wassalam
i think if ur cautious then inshAllah ud be smart enough to close ur phone when ur in the bathroom..:giggling: or any other improper place

ishkabab
03-11-2006, 04:38 PM
LOL i've tried vibrate but i miss the call when its on vibrate:rollseyes :uhwhat
same here its annoying when it happens soooo may times in a row:heated:

------
03-11-2006, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ishkabab
same here its annoying when it happens soooo may times in a row:heated:
Yh das tru so its happened 2 many timez :heated:

mizan_aliashraf
03-13-2006, 09:41 AM
i think if ur cautious then inshAllah ud be smart enough to close ur phone when ur in the bathroom..:giggling: or any other improper place

Wow, why should i have to switch my phone off in the bathroom? there's nothing wrong with it. Anyway, that is not the point.
Wassalam

Muezzin
03-13-2006, 03:20 PM
Wow, why should i have to switch my phone off in the bathroom? there's nothing wrong with it. Anyway, that is not the point.
Wassalam
Yeah but dude, what if you drop it in the toilet?

MetSudaisTwice
03-13-2006, 03:22 PM
salam
lol bro, i don't think anyone could manage that
wasalam

Muezzin
03-13-2006, 03:25 PM
salam
wasalam
I beg to differ - toilets are pretty big compared to mobiles :p

I think having recitations as ringtones is kind of tacky to tell the truth. I feel it kind of cheapens the words of Allah.

However, if you really want to mess with people, set the athaan as your ringtone, and tell your contacts to phone you in between Dhur and Asr like three times.

A minute.

:p

Mawaddah
03-13-2006, 03:37 PM
salam
wasalam
Bro MST it sure is quite 'manageable' for some people
A friend of mine flushed hers down twice :p Talk about careless huh?

Muezzin
03-13-2006, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AsilahRana
Bro MST it sure is quite 'manageable' for some people
A friend of mine flushed hers down twice :p Talk about careless huh?
Gives a whole new meaning to the term 'dropping one'.

ishkabab
03-13-2006, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

However, if you really want to mess with people, set the athaan as your ringtone, and tell your contacts to phone you in between Dhur and Asr like three times.

:p
lol........yea the athaan is great....i just keep the athaan....;D

ishkabab
03-13-2006, 05:12 PM
Ok people thanks for ur great advice....lemme tell u u guys didnt answer my question...its ok i found out what to do......i can just use a USB wire an download whatever on to my cell phone....from my computer....JazakAllah
i think

extinction
05-04-2006, 07:19 AM
but wouldnt having quraan or adhaan be disrespectful to have as a ringtone?nasheed i can understand but quraan and adhaan??

rahi
05-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Asslamu Alaikum
can someone tell me where i can get Islamic ringtones for my cell :? :?
i think if u search islaic ringtone in google u will find it.

ishkabab
05-04-2006, 07:07 PM
foget it i'll just get a USB wire to download that particular file into the phone.. JazakAllah

Muslimaatan
05-05-2006, 03:19 AM
some1 asked the sheikh in my skool (also islamic studies teacher) bout that, hes like put it on ur voicemail, but not as a ringtown..im not sure if he said harram or not though..I wasn't payin much attention..but i'll ask again..ma3al daleel Inshaa'Allah..if i ever get the chance 2 ask him..cuz i don like goin up to him..but i will ask Inshaa'Allah..

ishkabab
05-05-2006, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
but wouldnt having quraan or adhaan be disrespectful to have as a ringtone?nasheed i can understand but quraan and adhaan??
yeh i know bro ....im stickin with nasheeds...not quran or adhaan

Samira_01
05-05-2006, 06:35 PM
salam ..!

i hv a ringtone on my moblie phone ...but its an athan ringtone ....
well i want to ask ...is that not allowed in islam ...

jameelash
05-06-2006, 03:45 AM
salam-why don,t u make ur own ring tone.u can sing or ask ur men (to make the sound thicker)to sing 1or 2 line islamic song and record it.

akulion
05-06-2006, 04:53 AM
ok thats a bit extreme lol :p

by the way if anyone wants The Quran for mobile simply click the .net button in my signature - join up and go to the downloads section - u will find everything in the mobile phones section :)

beliefindeath
05-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Salam

you'll can go to the site bro akulion mentioned or you'll can visit dis link its got all de islamic software you'll need. especially a software dat silences ur phone during prayer times...

Islamic Software for Mobile Phones

Wassalam

Beblessed
05-07-2006, 05:44 PM
putting quraan on ur mobile as a ringtone is not good because if ur at the mosque and ur fone rings *accidently* an ur near the imam that recitin quraan u can make him confuse an he might get mixed up what he is readin

beliefindeath
05-07-2006, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khadija
putting quraan on ur mobile as a ringtone is not good because if ur at the mosque and ur fone rings *accidently* an ur near the imam that recitin quraan u can make him confuse an he might get mixed up what he is readin
Salam
Very good point ur making there sis
Wassalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.