/* */

PDA

View Full Version : You know your Islam is in trouble when...

kadafi
04-19-2005, 04:02 PM
YOU KNOW YOUR ISLAM IS IN TROUBLE WHEN…
By Taha Ghaznavi

• the last thing you learnt about Islam, the Qur'an, or Jihad was from CNN
  • all your conversations with your friends have to do with guys/girls, or movies, or guys/girls in movies
  • you spend more nights at the club during Ramadan than at a Masjid
  • you can't remember the last time you asked someone a question about something you didn't understand in Islam
  • you find time to watch three movies a week but find yourself too busy to pray Salah regularly
  • that Quran translation you were given last 'Eid is still sitting on the top shelf of your bookrack
  • the 'inner voice' you hear when you are in complete silence sounds surprisingly similar to the latest hip-hop song you heard
  • you don't know any people who you can say Salaams to without feeling embarrassed
  • the feeling that God is watching you in all that you do is never more than a passing thought
  • you are available to receive phone calls at 2 a.m.
  • your clothes and hair smell of cigarettes on Sunday mornings even though you don't smoke
  • knowing something is right or wrong and feeling guilty about it does not effect whether you actually do it or not
  • you gave hope of ever entering Paradise because you don't feel you deserve it after 'all that I have done'
  • when you want something in your life you fantasize about it and say "I wish!"
  • you can't figure out why you are never truly happy deep in your heart and why nothing good in your life ever seems to last (why does it always have to end?)
  • the happiest day of your life so far was on a Christmas, Valentine, or a dance
  • you are loneliest when you are sad or when something bad has happened to you (where did all my friends go?)
  • you don't think of the Prophet at least once a day
  • when you hear of Muslims dying somewhere in the world, you consider it part of 'politics' which you have nothing to do with
  • your 'best friend' is a person of the opposite gender yet not your husband or wife
  • you have no motivation to change things in your life
  • when your faults are pointed out to you, you reply "This is who I am, for better or for worse!"
  • listening to the Quran does not make you feel guilty
  • you are actually flattered when people on the street stare or ask you out
  • you friends never object to any of your bad habits or behaviours and vice versa
  • you don't care whether you go to heaven or hell since no one can really be sure about these things
  • to you, Islam is just another 'organized institutionalized religion'
  • you actually agreed with everything your philosophy professor taught in class
  • you generally feel crappy and often find yourself telling people that
  • your consider and justify your sins as 'a part of who I am'
  • you want to travel around the world someday but Makkah is not one of your planned stops
  • your parents hate you and have said so to you
  • you read the horoscopes yet have never performed Salat-ul-Istikharah
  • you have never felt like falling down on your face and crying to Allah
  • you look down upon people who are more practicing than yourself as 'just mullahs and molvis'
  • your past bad experiences with some Muslims prevent you from getting closer to Islam and other Muslims

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
niqaabii
04-19-2005, 04:06 PM
asalam o alaykum
dats interesting ..

SalafiFemaleJih
04-19-2005, 05:40 PM
Asalamualaikum wr wb,

yup so true

jazkAllah kher for the post.

walaikum salaam wr wb.

Labaik Ya Allah
04-19-2005, 06:10 PM
:sl:

brother i agree with all that u wrote there and really i have 2 change but i need some support its really difficult if every1 around u are christian anad all the other religons. here in the uk it is hard 2 be a good muslim when all the other muslilms just have the tittle of being a muslim

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SalafiFemaleJih
04-19-2005, 06:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Labaik Ya Allah

brother i agree with all that u wrote there and really i have 2 change but i need some support its really difficult if every1 around u are christian anad all the other religons. here in the uk it is hard 2 be a good muslim when all the other muslilms just have the tittle of being a muslim
Asalamualaikum wr wb akhi,

If everyone around you is christian, then why care about them? why sit in the gathering with them, when things are going on which are not according to Islam? why is it hard to be a good muslim, If they are around?? are we not strong than anyone out there? are we muslims that weak? we have Qur'an and Sunnah on our side....if we don't have anyone, we are always going to have Allah swt on our side.

If u think u can't be a good muslim, when kuffar is around us. Try not to be around them....go to school, come straight home...do some religious studies which can increase ur taqwah and subhanAllah from what I hear they are lot of muslims in Uk. Go to mosque u will make lot of muslim friends inshaAllah. You know u are not alone in this we all are in this kind of situation...but then again we have Qur'an and sunnah by our side...then why aare we worried?

Don't worry about the world outside akhi...!! its just for 2 days or so...u can be a good muslim on ur own...u can do dawah to them who are bad influence on you. They are soo many things u can do SubhanAllah. lets not forget...its a free world we can do whatever we want...but our purpose to to worship Allah swt we are born to worship...so spend time in mosque...u can make friends there and u can hang out with them....if they are pious...u can benefit a lot from them...and then you won't feel as a bad muslims because ur Imaan goes stronger when u see/meet religious people inshaAllah.

You are in my duas inshAAllah

walaikum salaam wr wb.

makaveli
04-19-2005, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi

• all your conversations with your friends have to do with guys/girls, or movies, or guys/girls in movies
  • the 'inner voice' you hear when you are in complete silence sounds surprisingly similar to the latest hip-hop song you heard
  • when you want something in your life you fantasize about it and say "I wish!"
  • you don't think of the Prophet at least once a day
  • you are actually flattered when people on the street stare or ask you out
  • you friends never object to any of your bad habits or behaviours and vice versa
  • you have never felt like falling down on your face and crying to Allah
  • you look down upon people who are more practicing than yourself as 'just mullahs and molvis'
i guess i'm a *bad* muslim .... oh no! :omg: :rolleyes: why are you so against bollywood or hollywood movies and music? you do know many of the bollywood actors and actresses are muslim? so are musicians and movie directors. so are they all sinners in your eyes?

Yeah, I wish I was rich, who doesnt?

Think of the prophet?? --- why? Thinking of him is gonna help me do my hw or something? Nope.

If a hot chick asks me out I should be angry? ---? I'm straight and as a straight guy I like getting stared at by girls ...... it's normal.

cry to allah???? ok then ......

Those mulahs sometimes --- people off.

MODERATOR'S COMMENT: THIS IS AN ISLAMIC FORUM. PLEASE BE SENSITIVE TO THE VALUES AND HIGH MORAL STANDARDS THAT ARE INTEGRAL TO ISLAM. SWEARING IN ANY FORM IS NOT APPRECITATED, AND SHOW RESPECT WHEN SPEAKING OF YOUR CREATOR, AND OUR FINAL MESSENGER SAWS.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION.

Far7an
04-19-2005, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by makaveli

Think of the prophet?? ---?? why? Thinking of him is gonna help me do my hw or something? Nope.
The prophet is our example, anyone who feels they do not need to follow him is not one of us.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-19-2005, 08:49 PM

Good reminder brother kadafi, May Allah reward you for your efforts:)

wasalam

Far7an
04-19-2005, 08:49 PM
i guess i'm a *bad* muslim .... oh no! :omg: :rolleyes: why are you so against bollywood or hollywood movies and music? you do know many of the bollywood actors and actresses are muslim? so are musicians and movie directors. so are they all sinners in your eyes?
We are all sinners, the best of us sinners, are those who repent.

Far7an
04-19-2005, 08:50 PM
Those mulahs sometimes piss people off.
oh really? what right have you got to criticise them?

makaveli
04-19-2005, 08:54 PM
so most of you here think muslims inovolved in bollywood are sinners? wow.

Far7an
04-19-2005, 08:55 PM
so most of you here think muslims inovolved in bollywood are sinners? wow.

What part of WE ARE ALL SINNERS didnt you understand?

kadafi
04-19-2005, 09:02 PM
i guess i'm a *bad* muslim .... oh no! :omg: ::) why are you so against bollywood or hollywood movies and music? you do know many of the bollywood actors and actresses are muslim? so are musicians and movie directors. so are they all sinners in your eyes?
:sl: brother 'makaveli'.

I think you've missed the message of the article.

Firstly, you've this notion that a Muslim should support a other Muslim who trangresses just 'cause he shares a Muslim name. I could care less if the person is a famous actor, or a influential person. If he failes to adhere to the Islamic principles whilst knowin' that he goes against the tenets of Islam, I will not classify him/her as my brother or sister.

But I will not address the other points and clarify it 'cause obviously bro, I do not like the attitude demonstrated in your reply and furthermore, it would be wise to re-study the basics of Islam and re-read what you just wrote.

Go here at:
http://www.load-islam.com/Introducing_Islam and reflect.

:w:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-19-2005, 09:03 PM

if someone asks you out, they are nothing but a low desire of your heart I qoute Surah Naziyat:

40. And for such as had entertained the fear of standing before their Lord's (tribunal) and had restrained (their) soul from lower desires,

41. Their abode will be the Garden

So this life or the Garden?

As for hollywood/bollywood, i would rather call them hypocrites because of what they do in the films. they touch girls that they are not permitted to touch and they do that while they are married. In a certain Stupid movie about a stupid love story, they put in the verses of surah Nashrah, as the "background music" Wallahi what they are doing is wrong.

As for the "Mullahs" they are scholors and this is the hadith pertaining to scholors:

Hadith: "If it would please you that your prayers be accepted, let the scholars among you lead you in prayer, for they are mediators between you and your lord."

Inshallah i will address the other points later

wasalam

makaveli
04-19-2005, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi
If he failes to adhere to the Islamic principles whilst knowin' that he goes against the tenets of Islam, I will not classify him/her as my brother or sister.
wow, so you do know that you just cut off millions of muslims as your brothers and sisters? :omg: :thumbs_do

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-19-2005, 09:08 PM
i thinkk you are taking all of this a little too lightly.

Far7an
04-19-2005, 09:10 PM
I agree with what kadafi says. One can not merely call himself a muslim by name, and go against the commands of Allah and the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

kadafi
04-19-2005, 09:12 PM
wow, so you do know that you just cut off millions of muslims as your brothers and sisters? :omg: :thumbs_do

I specfically mentioned tenets. Tahweed (Oneness of Allah) falls under this 'basic' tenets and is also the main tenet. If one rejects that tenet, then he/she is outside the fold of Islam.

So why did you mention 'the millions of of brothers and sisters who are sinners but acknowledge the tenets of Islam (including Tahweed)' part in your reply akhee.

Words twisting is an act of dishonesty akhee, please refrain from it. And did you act upon my advice bro?

makaveli
04-19-2005, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed687
i thinkk you are taking all of this a little too lightly.
or maybe you should belive the fact that I'm right. By your standards, millions of muslims shouldn't really be considered as a muslim.

Z
04-19-2005, 09:27 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Dear brother, not by his standards, he doesn't have his own standards. No one does. The Quraan and Sunnah is what sets all of our standards for us and if anyone is clearly not following those standards, then surely they cannot be considered muslims can they? Just like the football players on the pitch.

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-19-2005, 10:20 PM
Br. Makaveli,
You point out that there are many Muslims who are no longer practicing Islam.

This is true, and we should acknowledge it. And we should go beyond that to calling people back to the true path of Islam. Only then will we attain true success in this life and the hereafter. The plight of the Muslims today is because many have left their religion and become enslaved by their material desires. This has been mentioned in the Qur'an:

30:41. Evil (sins and disobedience of Allâh, etc.) has appeared on land and sea because of what the hands of men have earned (by oppression and evil deeds, etc.), that Allâh may make them taste a part of that which they have done, in order that they may return (by repenting to Allâh, and begging His Pardon).

I would like to discuss an issue you raised in the following thread:
http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=1608

islam4eva
04-20-2005, 06:20 PM

Jazakallah brother for sharing that interesting post!

wslm

Mu'maneen
04-22-2005, 03:40 PM

Jazakallahkher Brother kadafi for the wonderful post.

Being a true Muslim is not just saying "Lah He Lah Ha Illallah". There are conditions for one to really say such words. The Kuffar, during the time of the Prophet (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) knew the importance of the Shahada and even distained from using it fearing of such words. Nowadays people call themselves Muslims, yet they do not carry out one Sunnah in the religion, or they sin the whole year, and then fast during the month of Ramadan, ready to sin as soon as Ramadan is finished. Or women will go outside with no Hijab, and believe its perfectly fine and permissible to only wear the Hijab during the Salat.

Islam is not "pick and choose". You don't like it, then enjoy your life for a little while, but expect severe consequences when you die, or stick with the rules, and expect the greatest honouring and pleasure from Allah ('Azzawajal).

----------------

Vist my new Islamic Site:
http://hstrial-besmail.homestead.com/islam.html

Lina
04-22-2005, 05:55 PM
you have never felt like falling down on your face and crying to Allah.

everyday

Bint Abdusattar
04-22-2005, 06:15 PM
JAzaKallah Khair for this list - ew all need reminders from time time.
Barakallah Fee.

:w: :sister:

Khayal
04-26-2006, 06:59 PM

Jazaak ALLAH khayr Brother, :rose:

x Maz x
04-27-2006, 05:28 AM
i guess i'm a *bad* muslim .... oh no! why are you so against bollywood or hollywood movies and music? you do know many of the bollywood actors and actresses are muslim? so are musicians and movie directors. so are they all sinners in your eyes?

Well if its prohibited in Islam then is it not sinning? Humph it is wrong and yes they are sinners as is everyone else on this Dunya ...inshAllah they repent :)...

Yeah, I wish I was rich, who doesnt?

Me...do you beleive? then why look life from a materialistic point of view?

Think of the prophet?? --- why? Thinking of him is gonna help me do my hw or something? Nope.

Yes...follow his Sunnah...

Jabir reported that the Prophet [Pbuh] said: "I am closer to a believer than his own self.If a beleiver [dies and] leaves behind some money, it belongs to his family; but if he leaves behind a debt or destitute damily, it is my responsibility" [Related by Muslim]...

Look at the love for his ummah :'(...He was a man of great wisdom and love...look into his du'as for concentration and gaining knowledge inshAllah

If a hot chick asks me out I should be angry? ---? I'm straight and as a straight guy I like getting stared at by girls ...... it's normal.
Tobah tobah...Listen you muslim ahki have shame...lower your gaze...if you do something about it, it will result in grave sin...fornicaton/adultury etc and zina is much hated in Islam...it aint normal ...for a Muslim it is very much disliked :(

cry to allah???? ok then ......
Hai hai...i aint even gonna respond to that...tsk have shame...to Him you belong and to Him you shall return ...

Those mulahs sometimes --- people off.
Seen [sarcasticly] nah they just tick you of...instead of shouting personal offensive remarks try learning about the deen and practice what you preach...dont hate...appreciate...Unite the Ummah and dont devise WalaykumAsalaam Love you for the sake of Allah x

extinction
04-27-2006, 05:35 AM
in a nutshell "its about quality and not quantity" and I was wondering about this one I agreed with pretty much all of them except this particular one if you or anyone would care to help me out here it is
your parents hate you and have said so to you
I don't seem to see the link to this and the individual's Islam being in trouble..:? any help on this or comments are most welcome

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.