/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why They Hate Us So Much: 100 Facts

Protected_Diamond
03-10-2006, 01:59 PM
I was so concerned about this issue that I wrote a book, "Why They Hate Us So Much: 100 Facts About 9/11, Islam, and the Middle East- You Don't Know But Should."

I am a Desert Storm/Desert Shield veteran. During the war I went into Iraq with the XVIII Airborne Corps. Before the war I taught my unit Arabic numerals, basic Arabic, and basic Arabic history. What was most disturbing and at the same time interesting to me was the complete and total lack of knowledge "intelligent" Americans had about Islam and the Middle East. In the almost 15 years since the war- I must say it has gotten worse not better. How is that? How can we be dumber about the region with all of the channels we have in America and the thousands upon thousands of hours that have been dedicated to the Middle East due to the second Iraqi War, the Palestine/Israeli conflict, and 9/11? How can the country ! with the largest college and university system on Earth be that ignorant of a people and place that will absolutely determine both our future as a country and how we live as a people for the rest of the 21st Century?

I have heard all the criticisms that Al Jazeerah is biased. Biased how? Biased because Aljazeerah dares tell the FACTS that are continually day after day not told by American media. (Imagine if Al Jazeerah told the story of the American Revolution but left out George Washington, Valley Forge, and Declaration of Independence?!-that is what the US media does everyday.) For example:

- President Bush continually makes the point of what a murderous dictator Saddam Hussein was for using chemical weapons, firing Scuds into Israel, and developing bio weapons. However, the US media NEVER states that WE gave the weapons! and technical assistance to Saddam -to be more precise current Defense Minister Donald Rumsfeld was the person that filled Saddam's grocery list of WMD-all on camera (Canadian news regularly reports this). And

-When the UN voted overwhelmingly to condemn Saddam for using poison gas in his internal and external wars-the US vetoed the resolution!

-It was Muslims that brought the zero, algebra, and the modern sciences to Western Europe in the 711-1492 CE invasion of Spain. 1 library in Cordoba had more books in it than all of the rest of Europe combined. It was this knowledge and the riches from the Muslims that allowed Christopher Columbus to reach the Americas in October of 1492.

-The US placed a car bomb outside of a Mosque on Friday (equivalent to a car bomb outs! ide of a US church on Sunday) and detonated it as prayers ended in an attempt to kill an Imam. Instead the bomb killed dozens of civilians and injured hundreds.

-The last war the west got into with Muslims over Jerusalem lasted 88 years (15 July 1099-2 October 1187). The result: We lost Salahaddin retook the city and unlike the Crusaders massacred no one -to the contrary he and his brother paid for the freedom of slaves and captives.

-2 Israeli Prime Ministers were wanted for terrorism. They bombed, assassinated, and massacred civilians. Killed United Nations representatives. Bombed British Headquarters in Palestine.

-The term terrorist was exclusively used to describe Jews and their organizations by the US, British, and UN in Palestine up until the 1960's.

I have yet to find an American that knows 30 of the 100 facts? How can we NOT know this? How can we be repeatedly TAUGHT that the Palestinians and Muslims started the war we are currently in against Islam? One encouraging note -after Americans read the book-they went from 100% in support of current US policies to zero real fast.

Peace and continue the fight for the truth.

By Jerome Almon

http://www.kavkazcenter.com/eng/cont.../01/4403.shtml

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
03-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Its a shame that most people close their hearts and minds to the truth.

May Allah guide them...and keep us on the stright path too....ameen

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

MetSudaisTwice
03-10-2006, 03:38 PM
salam
ameen thumma ameen
jazakallah for sharing
wasalam

mizan_aliashraf
03-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Salam
Jazakillah Khayr for sharing that post - it was very good
Wassalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
03-10-2006, 03:46 PM
reading that just reminds me of that feelin i had wen the war against iraq occured.

it feels like a child is in power over us all!!

Malsidabym
03-10-2006, 04:52 PM
-It was Muslims that brought the zero
Please see thread "origins of # zero" in regard to this statement. The zero was spread by muslims and invented by the Indians.

knuckles
03-10-2006, 05:34 PM
President Bush continually makes the point of what a murderous dictator Saddam Hussein was for using chemical weapons, firing Scuds into Israel, and developing bio weapons. However, the US media NEVER states that WE gave the weapons! and technical assistance to Saddam -to be more precise current Defense Minister Donald Rumsfeld was the person that filled Saddam's grocery list of WMD-all on camera (Canadian news regularly reports this
I stopped reading right here. The US didn't give Iraq chemical weapons. An US company sold Iraq Anthrax spores (not even weapon grade of a pre cursor to CW) and the sale was authorized by The Department of Agriculture. That picture that you see of Rumsfield is misleading. Rumsfield was not a part of the Reagan administration. At the time he was Chairman of G.D. Searle & Company. He went there as a special envoy to the US. If you gonna make claims get your facts straight. Did we aid Iraq against Iran? Yup we gave them satelite intel and told them where to strike. Outside of that they were on their own. Now the French and Russians on the other hand...

Bittersteel
03-10-2006, 06:25 PM
supplying with fighter aircraft yup I know.

knuckles
03-10-2006, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abrar
Since when do the US manufacture Migs and Mirages? I don't see a US fighter in this list.

Dassault Mirage F1
Su-20/Su-22
Sukhoi Su-25
Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21
Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23
Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25
Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29

abdul Majid
03-10-2006, 07:58 PM
barakallahfeekum

knuckles
03-10-2006, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malsidabym
Please see thread "origins of # zero" in regard to this statement. The zero was spread by muslims and invented by the Indians.
This is correct. In another thread it was said that Muslims came up with binary also. This is false. The Indians came up with binary and it was made popular by the Germans.

renak
03-11-2006, 02:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninjaress
[B]I was so concerned about this issue that I wrote a book, "Why They Hate Us So Much: 100 Facts About 9/11, Islam, and the Middle East- You Don't Know But Should."

- President Bush continually makes the point of what a murderous dictator Saddam Hussein was for using chemical weapons, firing Scuds into Israel, and developing bio weapons. However, the US media NEVER states that WE gave the weapons! and technical assistance to Saddam -to be more precise current Defense Minister Donald Rumsfeld was the person that filled Saddam's grocery list of WMD-all on camera (Canadian news regularly reports this). And

-When the UN voted overwhelmingly to condemn Saddam for using poison gas in his internal and external wars-the US vetoed the resolution!

The United States and Iraq have equally used each other for political gain since the Iranian Revolution in the 1970's. However, since the United States is a superpower, they clearly have the upper hand, and Saddam failed to recognize this fact.

War sickens me. Government policies sicken me. The Iraq war is a result of governments flexing their muscles. Civilians are not taken into consideration, never have been, and never will be.

Bittersteel
03-11-2006, 09:13 AM
Since when do the US manufacture Migs and Mirages?
format_quote Originally Posted by Knuckles
Now the French and Russians on the other hand...
format_quote Originally Posted by Me
I meant the Mirages and Migs were supplied by France and Russia.

Anonymous.92
03-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Jazakallah for the article.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.