/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Personal Encounters with God!

QURBAN
03-10-2006, 02:38 PM
In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful!

By (the Token of) Time (through the ages),
Verily Man is in loss,
Except such as have Faith, and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of Truth, and of Patience and Constancy.”

Holy Quran- (Surah Asr 103:1-3) (Translation By Yusuf Ali)

Peace to Those Who Follow the Guidance!

Recently I joined a Christian Forum, to address some issues related to Islam- one member started a thread titled!

“Are Alah and the christian God the same god.”

http://www.churchoftheholytrinity.org/forums/apologetics/4967-alah-christian-god-same-god.html

As there was no response from members Muslim or Christian presenting an accurate account of the concept of God in Islam, I felt I had to join in!

Inevitably questions followed,

Dialogue exchanges took place;

And it concluded with the following statements from two Christian members on that forum-

“I was a petty drug dealer, worked hard and partied hard. I was happy and could not really ask for anything more
However, some fifteen years ago, I had an encounter with the living God and that person specifically identified Himself to be Christ Jesus. No human being has ever been able to impact me the way Jesus has. I also understood clearly that it was God that I had encountered. Overnight, my whole life changed as a result of that encounter. My work colleagues noticed, my friends noticed that my outlook and attitude had changed. Overnight I had become a protagonist and a defender of the faith where yesterday I terrorized and attacked it.

I will not read into the Bible what the Koran says and neither will I read into the Koran what the Bible says. I am not interested in what the Koran says because it has nothing to do with the God I encountered in Jesus Christ!! I do not have an opinion about the Koran because I have not read it (This boldness is not to reflect that I am angry at all but just for emphasis).

Is my personal encounter, an inexplicalble experience, to be explained away? I am a witness to His majesty that i have seen with my own eyes and have heard with my own ears and not on just one occasion! It is continuing all the time as I suspect it is with most Christians. It is this encounter that is the reason that I believe today.

I believe that with respect to this discussion board that perhaps we should agree to disagree. i cxan live with that can you??”

Then a member called pastor David joined in (not sure if he is a real pastor or not), I got excited thinking may be he will have some answers to the questions I have raised-

But….

“Nice reply Stu. It's powerful and sacred to encounter the Lord isn't it?

God Bless,

Pastor David”

I want to know from Christian Members on this forum your thoughts on personal encounters with God!

Kind Regards

Qurban

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nicola
03-10-2006, 03:26 PM
Yes I have...once
It's totally changed my life also...It happened 2years ago this April.

Praise God

I'd like to add before my encounter...I was an Agonist

but had began questioning a belief in God and Jesus

mizan_aliashraf
03-10-2006, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nicola
Yes I have...once
It's totally changed my life also...It happened 2years ago this April.

Praise God

I'd like to add before my encounter...I was an Agonist

but had began questioning a belief in God and Jesus

So what happened (i dont mean to be flippant)

Nicola
03-10-2006, 04:05 PM
short story then..:)
It was truly out of this world...the power of his love totaly engulfs your whole been..the love is so pure..like nothing on this earth..you become so radiant..you know you are so loved..there really aren't any words to decribe to beauty of it all. I pray to God all the time that all people will encounter what I have.
I didn't see I felt him...that may sound a strange thing to say...but I also knew who he was...His words came into my mind..like telepathy.
I was told not to fear that this life meant nothing at all. Not to care about money or material things. God would always provide for me...I was told many things...like how God is so very angry with man-kind..the reasons why etc...I can't even describe...how angry he is...but when his wrath does come we shall know! how blood and fighting and death will come to our streets in the west...because of their wickedness.

My encounter is much more detailed but that it the outline. My life has so completely changed..I no longer have my old life thanks to God....I was baptised 2 weeks ago.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
03-10-2006, 04:10 PM
short story then..:)
It was truly out of this world...the power of his love totaly engulfs your whole been..the love is so pure..like nothing on this earth..you become so radiant..you know you are so loved..there really aren't any words to decribe to beauty of it all. I pray to God all the time that all people will encounter what I have.
I didn't see I felt him...that may sound a strange thing to say...but I also knew who he was...His words came into my mind..like telepathy.
I was told not to fear that this life meant nothing at all. Not to care about money or material things. God would always provide for me...I was told many things...like how God is so very angry with man-kind..the reasons why etc...I can't even describe...how angry he is...but when his wrath does come we shall know! how blood and fighting and death will come to our streets in the west...because of their wickedness.

My encounter is much more detailed but that it the outline. My life has so completely changed..I no longer have my old life thanks to God....I was baptised 2 weeks ago.
how did you decide between islam and christianity!
i dont mean to b picky lol but your experience could easily have led to islam as well in my opinion so i wonder what made you choose christianity?
hope that is not an offensive question

Peace

Nicola
03-10-2006, 04:23 PM
i dont mean to b picky lol but your experience could easily have led to islam as well in my opinion so i wonder what made you choose christianity?

Peace
I didn't go into that much detail of my encounter because I didn't want to offend people here either..
The reason I choose Chrisianity..because there really is no choice...firstly you know in your heart as soon as his presence came, I knew..the whole truth is comes so clearlyand also.. I was able to ask questions and I did.

Before my encounter I'd never owned a Bible only knew a few stories from school..I didn't know if they where true or not and I didn't know a thing about the Koran.

QURBAN
03-10-2006, 04:23 PM

Peace to those Who Follow the Guidance!

Hi Nicole,

Just wanted to thank you for sharing your experience with us, much appreciated!
However I believe that Brother PR4SE, has raised an excellent point, if you could be kind enough to respond to that-

Kind Regards

Qurban

QURBAN
03-10-2006, 04:38 PM
Hi Nicole!

If I said to you that I had a sacred and powerful encounter with God, and he told me to say to people who insist that he has begotten a son, or that he is part of a Trinity!

"Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
And there is none like unto Him"

And we all agree that there is only one god, why is he sending out conflicting messages?

Kind Regards

Qurban

IbnAbdulHakim
03-10-2006, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by QURBAN
Hi Nicole!

If I said to you that I had a sacred and powerful encounter with God, and he told me to say to people who insist that he has begotten a son, or that he is part of a Trinity!

"Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
And there is none like unto Him"

And we all agree that there is only one god, why is he sending out conflicting messages?

Kind Regards

Qurban
hmm, she was told to not care about material objects and that life is nothing and god will provide (completely islamic beliefs)
then we have here that you were told that God said to believe in one GOD and he begets not nor is he begotten (no1 gives birth to him and he gives birth to no1) so that pretty much clears up that we have two completely islamic beliefs.

nicola i think we should discuss your experience a little more if you dont mind. However if you mind then that is up2u :)

may Allah reward our efforts

QURBAN
03-10-2006, 05:01 PM
PR4Se- You have misunderstood me- from her encounter she chose christianity not islam!
i am questioning why?

Kind Regards

Qurban

IbnAbdulHakim
03-10-2006, 05:03 PM
PR4Se- You have misunderstood me- from her encounter she chose christianity not islam!
i am questioning why?

Kind Regards

Qurban
bro thats what im tryin to get to the root of. What im saying is its quite clear that she has not thoroughly thought this through or researched no both religions. Therefore she cant be a 100% from where she had this divine sign come from.

Im trying to show so far everything she felt/realised is very islamic. So it may have benefitted her to look into islam more. However she may have felt that due to surroundings/environment she is suited more towards christianity but suitability is of no consequence here. It is the truth which is of the most importance!

hope you understand me now bro qurban, i had the same target as you.

Peace

Cheb
03-10-2006, 05:06 PM
Salam Nicola,

Sorry I hope we are not hounding you with all these questions but I found your story quite interesting.
I just want to knwo something if you dont mind. Do you think you may have been directed towards Christianity because you only had experience with Christianity and the Bible and no experience with Islam and the Quran?
I mean do you not owe it to God to see what his message is?

Same applies for this question, you do not have to answer it and your beliefs are your own.
Peace.

Goku
03-10-2006, 05:07 PM
Thanks for sharing Nicola and please do elaborate, and to me it seems like Islam- not caring for material means in this life, God will provide etc.

Nicola
03-10-2006, 05:10 PM
Hi Qurban

Good question :)

God is never conflicting, it is us humans who are. I know this sounds insulting, but it is not meant to be...but mere man can read the bible but will never truly fully understand it unless he is lead by God to understand it.

and that can come by only asking Jesus to show you.
he tells us to ask and it shall be given..I can only tell you that if you ask Jesus will show you Gods whole truth.

I am not saying you must except him as your personal saviour and disown your own beliefs etc.

No just ask him for the truth and he will give it.

Nicola
03-10-2006, 05:19 PM
nicola i think we should discuss your experience a little more if you dont mind. However if you mind then that is up2u

may Allah reward our efforts

j4763
03-10-2006, 05:19 PM
@nicola

Were you awake when this happened?

Nicola
03-10-2006, 05:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cheb
Salam Nicola,

Sorry I hope we are not hounding you with all these questions but I found your story quite interesting.
I just want to knwo something if you dont mind. Do you think you may have been directed towards Christianity because you only had experience with Christianity and the Bible and no experience with Islam and the Quran?
I mean do you not owe it to God to see what his message is?

Same applies for this question, you do not have to answer it and your beliefs are your own.
Peace.
Your not hounding at all ...it really was like that guy said in the first post..of the thread..He didn't need to know the Bible or the Koran..and that's exactly how it was for me...I just knew who he was..and what his truth was.

I know..I will recieve another message I don't know when but I know God is leading me somewhere..for somet reason.I have to wait on him..I am changing and learning more each day. Praise God.

When you say...you do not have to answer it and your beliefs are your own.
I couldn't really say they where personaly my beliefs..etc..
because before these where not my beliefs...not in a million years or more..but now they are!
..but only because they where put there and not by me I know them to be true..hope that makes sense.

Nicola
03-10-2006, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by j4763
@nicola

Were you awake when this happened?
Yes I was fully awake...he came on the Saturday evening and stayed until the tuesday morning..I never slept all through it..never even felt tired..

I knew when he had left and I still felt so happy ..so alive nothing I'd ever felt ever...

I long for that feeling again...of pure love, happiness, contentment and peace.

Maimunah
03-10-2006, 08:11 PM
sis nicola
are u sayin that all mighty god spoke to u??????
plz correct me coz am confused!!!!!
peace

Nicola
03-11-2006, 09:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mashaallah
sis nicola
are u sayin that all mighty god spoke to u??????
plz correct me coz am confused!!!!!
peace

Hiya sis :)

It was Jesus

Nicola
03-11-2006, 01:28 PM
Just thinking about this question again...someone wrote something somewhere else on this forum in another thread...
Not to do with my experience...well here goes..he said according to Mohammeds teachings he was the last person who would recieve a message from God...since I've had mine...I've researched alot...and many Muslims also are now beginning to receive messages from Jesus...yet we are all liars?...

http://www.jesusvisions.org/index.shtml

All I can say is I know the truth, I know it was real..and I am not a liar...like all these other people who recieved messages...we really don't need to prove to man..it is between God an us...we know what was placed in our heart and the messeges where true.

So this means any message that come from God to man-kind cannot be accepted in your religion?
and the messages would not be true anyway?

IMO this is totally nonsence because we have so much evidence that different people have been given prophecies and they have come true since the time of Mohammed.

Even Jesus tells us to ask him.. he will give us what we ask for...he will show us things we want to know etc......that would be a message he was giving us wouldn't it?...and I know for a fact Jesus keeps his word...and he will give us these answers and things we ask for.

QURBAN
03-14-2006, 12:01 PM

Verily Man is in loss,
Except such as have Faith, and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of Truth, and of Patience and Constancy.”

Peace to those who follow the Guidance!

Greetings Nicole!,Hope your well-

You Said

“So this means any message that come from God to man-kind cannot be accepted in your religion?
and the messages would not be true anyway?”

Inshiallah I would like to address your response in two parts

First of all we Muslim believe that the Holy Quran is the Word of God-where it has been revealed

“Surah Maida 5:116-117

“And (remember) when Allaah will say (on the Day of Resurrection): ‘O ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Did you say unto men: Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allaah?’ He will say: ‘Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner self though I do not know what is in Yours; truly, You, only You, are the All Knower of all that is hidden (and unseen).
117. ‘Never did I say to them aught except what You (Allaah) did command me to say: Worship Allaah, my Lord and your Lord. And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them; and You are a Witness to all things. (This is a great admonition and warning to the Christians of the whole world).

Surah Nisa 4:157

“And because of their saying (in boast), ‘We killed Messiah ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allaah,’ — but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but it was made to appear to them and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)]”

Surah Maryam 19:88-91

They say: "((Allah)) Most Gracious has begotten a son
Indeed ye have put forth a thing most monstrous!
At it the skies are ready to burst, the earth to split asunder, and the mountains to fall down in utter ruin,
That they should invoke a son for ((Allah)) Most Gracious.
For it is not consonant with the majesty of ((Allah)) Most Gracious that He should beget a son

Now if I have an experience like yourself, which you claim to be sacred, and in this experience I am been told the complete opposite to the holy scriptures in the Quran, which do you think would be more rational to follow-

Which do you believe is a more reliable source of Gods divine will, a personal experience which can be interpreted in different ways, or concise, clear evidence like the scriptures, if you believe its the former than why would God in his infinite wisdom decide to reveal his divine will through scriptures and prophets, why not pay a visit to the whole of mankind individually?

The second part is a question to you-

Do you feel your encounter is consistent with the bible- i.e. if in the encounter you have concluded without shadow of a doubt that Jesus was God, then where in the bible does Jesus Say “ I am god, worship me”?

Kind Regards

Qurab

QURBAN
03-14-2006, 12:05 PM
Inshiallah! i will do some more reasearch into these sacred encounters and share it latern on this thread-

Kind Regards

Qurban!

QURBAN
03-14-2006, 12:18 PM
another thing, when God revealed his message through a prophet so that he can convey it to the rest of the mankind, do you think everyone accepted him or his message, without some kind of evidence that he was a Prophet, i.e. Miracles-

i see so many faith healers like Benny Hinn, who say things like "last night God visitied me and told me this this and that", "God Spoke to me direct he told me he is the son of God, he is God " etc

whats to say that he is not a fraud?

Kind Regards

Qurban

Nicola
03-15-2006, 11:49 AM
Now if I have an experience like yourself, which you claim to be sacred, and in this experience I am been told the complete opposite to the holy scriptures in the Quran, which do you think would be more rational to follow-
Yes I do understand that it is totaly opposite to what the Koran teaches...but the Bible teaches the complete opposite to the Koran on this issus also..
Jesus tells us that many people will come to profess the words of God that they are prophets after he has left us in this world..

Jesus tells us we must test these prophets firstly against his own teachings...Jesus gives us complete instrustions how we must do this. To see where these messages are coming from and only except them from God if they follow Jesus teachings as given to us in the Bible..from this we cannot go wrong..but sadly still many people do. Because of Satan twisting Gods words with some of the truth mixed in with lies. Misleading Gods people onto the wrong path.
So bacisly this is how we tell who the message is really from.

Which do you believe is a more reliable source of Gods divine will, a personal experience which can be interpreted in different ways, or concise, clear evidence like the scriptures,
This is why we have Jesus' instruction set out in the Bible and if the evidence you are given acknowlges those scriptures etc then your message is geniune and from God and cannot be misinterpreted...in any other way..
For God is truth and is never misleading and can never lie...only demonic spirits lie to us, and mislead.

Do you feel your encounter is consistent with the bible- i.e. if in the encounter you have concluded without shadow of a doubt that Jesus was God, then where in the bible does Jesus Say “ I am god, worship me”?
Yes my message was consistent with the bible...

John 10
30 I and my Father are one.

For non Christians...and even some Christians they do not understand how the trinity works is made up....for what reason is there an Holy Trinity..
I know the trinity word was made up after the bible...But Jesus gives us so many indications clues of who he actually is...and how God works etc...

For instance the three are not all different Gods...but one God only...that we serve...we do not serve Jesus we do not serve the Holy Spirit only God... God is all three things but He acts in different ways... for instance God gives us the gift of his Holy Spirit which is the Spirit of truth. Who is clearly shown in Genesis 1. It cannot lie...everything it gives us is the truth from God. If we choose to recieve the Holy Spirit we are most definatly only recieving the truth from God...it gives you gifts of revelation about God and revelations that always correspond with the Holy Bible, of Jesus' teachings and it gives nothing of any other Holy book.
It will give revelations truth about other religions though.

People can only ever truly understand the trinity, Holy Bible or what Jesus teaches us..to fully understand the messages he gives us, if they are lead by the Holy Spirit for He alone will teach us, He makes it so clear and easy to understand.

Jesus also tells us that some people will not understand the words he teaches, he tells us he was with God since the very beginning, he gives us an insight to what God is like, what God requires from us..and how to pray and ask for the Holy Spirit to indwell in us.. the Spirit of truth, how to test the spirits firstly..but unforunitly he also tells us some will not fully understand the words (the meanings) he speaks..Jesus also gives the reasons why some do not understand the message from God. There are lots of different reasons.

All the Chrisitians that are being lead by the Holy Spirit fully understand the meanings and the Holy Spirit teaches always teaches the same everytime.

This is how the rest of the Bible was written after Jesus asended back to the Father....and the OT ...The Holy Spirit lead in most of the writings that proceed the gospels..

Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit thoughout his ministry the day he became baptisted

Nicola
03-15-2006, 11:57 AM
another thing, when God revealed his message through a prophet so that he can convey it to the rest of the mankind, do you think everyone accepted him or his message, without some kind of evidence that he was a Prophet, i.e. Miracles-

i see so many faith healers like Benny Hinn, who say things like "last night God visitied me and told me this this and that", "God Spoke to me direct he told me he is the son of God, he is God " etc

whats to say that he is not a fraud?

Kind Regards

Qurban
Good question this is why Jesus gave us instructions to test them..
the Holy Spirit gives many gifts to us..some are healing gifts..some prophecy..

with healing...i've known people be healed from cancer and serious injuries...but not every person is healed.

God does still talk to many people thoughout the OT God always gave warnings when him was going to send his wrath for instance...this is still the case today.
There have always been alot of good prophets out there and still today...

It is something you need to research...we won't find these prophecies on the news or any kind of secular media outlets...there is a reason for this...

The secular world isn't working for God!

QURBAN
03-15-2006, 04:40 PM

Verily Man is in loss,

Peace to thos who follow the Guidance!

Hi Nicola,

From past experience this types of dialogues does spiral out of control, before we know it, we are exchanging large amount of information, covering broad range of subjects, which does no good to man or beast!

so i hope me and you can just address one issue at a time,

Now i asked you

Your Response was long, i was hoping we can address the one of them at a time!

John 10

in what way do you feel that in this verse Jesus (PBUH) was reffering that he was God- i.e. one in essence-
It could easily be interpreted as one is purpose

Kind Regards

Qurban

Nicola
03-15-2006, 06:17 PM
Hi Nicola,

From past experience this types of dialogues does spiral out of control, before we know it, we are exchanging large amount of information, covering broad range of subjects, which does no good to man or beast!

so i hope me and you can just address one issue at a time,

I agree...I hope so also...sorry I get carried away..your suggestion will be much better...

Now i asked you

Your Response was long, i was hoping we can address the one of them at a time!

John 10

in what way do you feel that in this verse Jesus (PBUH) was reffering that he was God- i.e. one in essence-
It could easily be interpreted as one is purpose

Kind Regards

Qurban
I agree that could be interpreted a different way ..but Christians do have many other scriptures to compare God with Jesus with...These are what confirm to Christians that God and Jesus are one of the same....so maybe I should list these down to show here.

They shall call his name EMMANUEL, which being interpreted is, GOD WITH US."
Matthew 1:23

God never changes.

Malachi 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
Jesus never changes.
Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
God is the only Saviour.

I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour." Isaiah 43:11

To the only wise God our Saviour... Jude 1:12
God our Saviour. Titus 2:10
...we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour. I Timothy 4:10
God my Saviour. Luke 1:47

Jesus is the only Saviour.
...the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. 1 John 4:14
...our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. II Peter 3:18
...God and our Saviour Jesus Christ. II Peter 1:1
...the Christ, the Saviour of the world. John 4:42
...the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour. Titus 1:4
a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11
Neither is there salvation in any other (than Jesus): for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
--Acts 4:12
...salvation... is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
--2 Timothy 2:10
...captain of their salvation [Jesus] perfect through sufferings.
-- Heb 2:10
[Jesus]...author of eternal salvation...
-- Heb 5:9

God created the universe and earth by Himself.

I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself. Isaiah 44:24
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Genesis 1:1

Jesus Christ created the universe and the earth.

Unto the Son he saith...Thou, LORD, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands. Hebrews 1:10

By him (Jesus) were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth...all things were created by him, and for him. Colossians 1:16

All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made. John 1:3
God is the Word.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God John 1:1

Jesus is the Word.
...the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us...John 1:14
God is the first and the last.

I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he. Isaiah 41:4

Jesus is the first and the last.

Jesus said, "Fear not; I am the first and the last:" Revelation 1:17

God forgives sins.

The Lord..forgiveth all thine iniquities... Psalm 103:2-3
Who can forgive sins but God only?" Mark 2:7

Jesus forgives sins.
Jesus...said..."Son, thy sins be forgiven thee." Mark 2:5
God is our redeemer.
Thou, O LORD, art our father, our redeemer.. Isaiah 63:16

Jesus redeemed us.
The great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ...gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity.. Titus 2:13-14
God is one.
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD. Deuteronomy 6:4

Jesus and God are one.
I and my Father are one. John 10:30

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God...All things were made by him...He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not...And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us John 1:1, 3, 10, 14

Jesus saith...he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? John 14:9

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 1 John 5:7
God has a Son.

The LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. Psalms 2:7

Jesus is God's Son.
[Jesus] said also that God was his Father... John 5:18
God is the Holy One

Psalms 71:22 I will also praise thee with the psaltery, even thy truth,O my God: unto thee will I sing with the harp, O thou Holy One of Israel.
Psalms 78:41 Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel.
Psalms 89:18 For the LORD is our defence; and the Holy One of Israel is our king.
Isaiah 10:20 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the remnant of Israel, and such as are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more again stay upon him that smote them; but shall stay upon the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.
Psalms 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. (Messianic Psalm)

Jesus is the Holy One.

Acts 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

3:13-14 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

13:34-35 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David. Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Only God is worshipped.
... Then saith Jesus unto him... Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. Matthew 4:10

Jesus is worshipped.
While [Jesus] spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him... Matthew 9:18

And again, when [God] bringeth in the firstbegotten [Jesus] into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. Hebrews 1:6

And Thomas answered and said unto [Jesus], My Lord and my God. John 20:28
God is Messiah.

...unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder...and his name shall be called... The mighty God, The everlasting Father... Isaiah 9:6

Jesus is Messiah.

The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he. John 4:25-26

God is from everlasting.

The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved. Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting. Psalms 93:1-2

Messiah Yeshua (Jesus) is from everlasting.

But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah...out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting. Micah 5:2

Only God is glorified.

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another... Isaiah 42:8

God glorified Jesus.

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. John 17:5

[A]ll men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. John 5:23

But unto the Son he [God] saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. Hebrews 1:8

God is 'I am'.

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. Exodus 3:14

Jesus is 'I am'.

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. John 8:58
God heals all diseases.

Bless the LORD...who healeth all thy diseases. Psalms 103:2

Jesus heals all diseases.

Jesus healed all that were sick. Matthew 8:16
God is the Judge of the whole earth.

O Lord God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself. Lift up thyself, thou judge of the earth: render a reward to the proud. Psalms 94:1-2

Abraham to God...Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right? Genesis 18:25

Jesus is the Judge of the whole earth.

The Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: John 5:22
God has life in Himself.

The Father hath life in himself; John 5:26

Jesus has life in Himself.

so hath God given to the Son to have life in himself;

In Jesus was life; and the life was the light of men. John 1:4
God raises the dead.
[T]he Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; John 5:21
Jesus raises the dead.

The Son quickeneth whom he will. John 5:21
(Makes alive)

Long post again...lol sorry
But there is no need to go into debate details etc...about my post concerning all this I just thought it was important for you to see why we Christians believe that God and Jesus are one of the same essence..that it really isn't just because of a couple of scriptures..there are more but I think this is long enough..lol

and your question was one about misinterpating what Jesus said..about the Father and I are one.

Nic

God Bless

------
03-15-2006, 06:26 PM
I didn't go into that much detail of my encounter because I didn't want to offend people here either..
The reason I choose Chrisianity..because there really is no choice...firstly you know in your heart as soon as his presence came, I knew..the whole truth is comes so clearlyand also.. I was able to ask questions and I did.

Before my encounter I'd never owned a Bible only knew a few stories from school..I didn't know if they where true or not and I didn't know a thing about the Koran.
So what if u had known about the Qur'an? Would that have made you think a lot more?

Nicola
03-15-2006, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pagal Kuri
So what if u had known about the Qur'an? Would that have made you think a lot more?

Some of the things, that I was being told about and also shown me in visions..

These things I was instructed to seek and learn these things out for myself, In that way I would know that I was being told the truth...this not only included Islam but also the state of the Christian Church all to do with Gods anger.

Somethings where things to do with the future which I can not learn.

renak
03-15-2006, 08:19 PM

Do you think that God will provide the truth to each of us, but our own personal experiences and cultural influences will direct us to different religions? For example, if he provided the truth to a person in Tennessee, they would have a greater chance of experiencing the truth via Christianity. However, if he provided the truth to someone in Syria, they would have a greater chance of experiencing the truth via Islam?

Nicola
03-15-2006, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by renak
Do you think that God will provide the truth to each of us, but our own personal experiences and cultural influences will direct us to different religions? For example, if he provided the truth to a person in Tennessee, they would have a greater chance of experiencing the truth via Christianity. However, if he provided the truth to someone in Syria, they would have a greater chance of experiencing the truth via Islam?

I have thought about that myself but

From what I am hearing about and also reading about...many many Muslims in the Middle East amd East and other non Christians are receiving visions from Jesus...

It tells us many times about the great outpouring of the Holy Spirit to come in Joel for instance.

Joel 2:28-32
28Then afterwards I will pour out my spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions

29Even on the male and female slaves, in those days, I will pour out my spirit

Daniel 12:4,9).
4But you, Daniel, keep the words secret and the book sealed until the time of the end. Many shall be running back and forth, and evilc shall increase."
5 Then I, Daniel, looked, and two others appeared, one standing on this bank of the stream and one on the other.
6One of them said to the man clothed in linen, who was upstream, "How long shall it be until the end of these wonders?"
7The man clothed in linen, who was upstream, raised his right hand and his left hand toward heaven. And I heard him swear by the one who lives forever that it would be for a time, two times, and half a time,d and that when the shattering of the power of the holy people comes to an end, all these things would be accomplished.
8 I heard but could not understand; so I said, "My lord, what shall be the outcome of these things?"
9 He said, "Go your way, Daniel, for the words are to remain secret and sealed until the time of the end.
10Many shall be purified, cleansed, and refined, but the wicked shall continue to act wickedly. None of the wicked shall understand, but those who are wise shall understand.
I believe this outpouring as began.

QURBAN
03-16-2006, 09:24 AM
I agree...I hope so also...sorry I get carried away..your suggestion will be much better...
No need to apologise, you were just putting forward your evidence to support your case- I have to done it the past before, I am glad you understand that it will be better to address them on at a time- I will read through your response soon and try an compile a response to it,

Thank you for your patience

Kind Regards

Qurban

QURBAN
03-16-2006, 05:30 PM

Verily Man is in loss,

Peace to those who follow the Guidance

Hi Nicole- Hope your OK

First of all, you agree that the first one can be interpreted as Jesus and God are one in purpose and not in essence, to me its quite clear that he is referring oneness in purpose- if not then his disciples can also be classified as GOD-

You see if you read John 10:30 in context specially the next six verses you will find Jesus explaining that his enemies were wrong to think that he was claiming to be God. What Jesus obviously means here is that he is one with the Father in purpose. Jesus also prayed that his disciples should be one just as Jesus and the Father are one. Obviously, he was not praying that all his disciples should somehow merge into one individual (see John 17:11 and 22).

17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we [are].

17:22And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

And when Luke reports that the disciples were all one, Luke does not mean that they became one single human being, but that they shared a common purpose although they were separate beings (see Acts 4:32). In terms of essence, Jesus and the Father are two, for Jesus said they are two witnesses (John 8:14-18). They have to be two, since one is greater than the other (see John 14:28).

14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Would you like to discuss these further before we move on?

Kind Regards

Qurban

Nicola
03-29-2006, 08:32 AM
Hiya Qurban

I missed your post sorry, just came across it.

[QUOTE=QURBAN;213787]In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful!

First of all, you agree that the first one can be interpreted as Jesus and God are one in purpose and not in essence, to me its quite clear that he is referring oneness in purpose- if not then his disciples can also be classified as GOD-

You see if you read John 10:30 in context specially the next six verses you will find Jesus explaining that his enemies were wrong to think that he was claiming to be God. What Jesus obviously means here is that he is one with the Father in purpose. Jesus also prayed that his disciples should be one just as Jesus and the Father are one. Obviously, he was not praying that all his disciples should somehow merge into one individual (see John 17:11 and 22).

You are correct in your understanding...all born again-Christians are one.
We all have the same purpose but that would be impossible without the Spirit of God indwelling in us making us Christ-like.

Joh 17:11 And I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are one.

Joh 17:22 The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one,

But in the case of Jesus and God...Jesus is God+word =turned into human flesh. You could look at it your way of..(One in purpose) but usally when we are one in purpose...they are differences even if small ones...but God+word would have no differences whats so ever...

Gods purpose for turning his word into flesh..was to come to his people, to show how He really wanted us to behave to one another and that was love each other..and how we must worship the Father, how we should live our life and that would lead to spending eternity in heaven with the Father..

God being the only sinless one...his word is also sinless. Jesus
So Gods word in (flesh) became the only sacrifice that could possiblely pay for our sins.

And when Luke reports that the disciples were all one, Luke does not mean that they became one single human being, but that they shared a common purpose although they were separate beings (see Acts 4:32). In terms of essence, Jesus and the Father are two, for Jesus said they are two witnesses (John 8:14-18). They have to be two, since one is greater than the other (see John 14:28).
14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
I believe God is one in essence and three in person. each distinct Persons, each Person is fully God, there is only one God.
One being God
One being Gods Spirit
One being Gods word Jesus.

I believe God is the greatest also, but his Spirit and Word(Jesus) are parts of God.

Would you like to discuss these further before we move on?

Kind Regards

Qurban

Sorry again for missing your post

QURBAN
03-29-2006, 12:26 PM

Verily Man is in loss,

Peace To Those Who Follow The Guidance!

Greeting Nicola!

No need to apologise, thanks for getting back to me!

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:1

John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

One of the Christian members in another forum put forward the following he said is the Greek version of John 1:1and the term used to describe God is highlighted and underlined.

᾿Εν ἀρχῇἦν ὁ Λόγος, καὶ ὁ Λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν Θεόν, καὶ Θεὸς ἦν ὁ Λόγος.

But if you look at it carefully the underline scriptures, you will see that the words used to describe God are of two different Kinds-

one is Θεόν and the other is Θεὸς

The First time the word God is used in the verse John 1:1 is the definite form hotheos, meaning ‘The God’.

However, in the second phrase “and the Word was God”, the Greek word used for ‘God’ is the indefinite form tontheos which means ‘a god’

Consequently, John 1:1, should more accurately be translated, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.”

But if you insist that the indefinite form tontheos to be the main God, then that would mean that you have two Gods- for example

3-“and the Word was God”--- this means, you take Word to be the definite form of God (Word = GOD)

Now if you substitute Word with GOD and apply it to the previous two verses for example….

1- In the beginning was the Word,
2- and the Word was with God,

You get

In the beginning was the GOD
And the GOD was with GOD

GOD was with GOD… clearly shows that there are two Gods,

You see in Biblical language, the term ‘god’ (god in the indefinite form i.e. a god)
is used metaphorically to indicate power. For example, Paul referred to the devil as “god” in 2nd Corinthians 4:4,

“In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the likeness of God.”

Moses is also referred to as “god” in Exodus 7:1,

“And the Lord said unto Moses, ‘See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh; and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.”

So if you insist that the indefinite form of god (a god) to be The God, then you will have to accept the Devil to be God- and also Moses (PBUH)- which is impossible-

Going back to the initial topic we were discussing, (how your personal encounter with God is consistent with the scriptures of the bible)

You have kindly put forward several verses from the bible to support your case- the first one we were discussing was John 10:30 “I and my Father are one”, which you agree can be interpreted as one in purpose and not in essence, otherwise we will have to agree that his disciples are one in essence with God as well-

I agree that we need to look at the evidence collectively before we reach a conclusion, but we also need to examine them properly- the next one on the list of verses you have put forward was to prove the divinity of Jesus was

God Never Changes
Malachi 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Jesus Never Changes

Can I ask you what is your understanding of the phrase God never changes- in what respect does god does not change, what qualifies as a change?

Looking forward to your response!

Kind regards

Qurban :)

Nicola
03-29-2006, 06:23 PM

Greeting Nicola!

No need to apologise, thanks for getting back to me!

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:1

John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

One of the Christian members in another forum put forward the following he said is the Greek version of John 1:1and the term used to describe God is highlighted and underlined.

᾿Εν ἀρχῇἦν ὁ Λόγος, καὶ ὁ Λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν Θεόν, καὶ Θεὸς ἦν ὁ Λόγος.

But if you look at it carefully the underline scriptures, you will see that the words used to describe God are of two different Kinds-

one is Θεόν and the other is Θεὸς

The First time the word God is used in the verse John 1:1 is the definite form hotheos, meaning ‘The God’.

However, in the second phrase “and the Word was God”, the Greek word used for ‘God’ is the indefinite form tontheos which means ‘a god’

Consequently, John 1:1, should more accurately be translated, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.”

But if you insist that the indefinite form tontheos to be the main God, then that would mean that you have two Gods- for example

3-“and the Word was God”--- this means, you take Word to be the definite form of God (Word = GOD)

Now if you substitute Word with GOD and apply it to the previous two verses for example….

1- In the beginning was the Word,
2- and the Word was with God,

You get

In the beginning was the GOD
And the GOD was with GOD

GOD was with GOD… clearly shows that there are two Gods,

You see in Biblical language, the term ‘god’ (god in the indefinite form i.e. a god)
is used metaphorically to indicate power. For example, Paul referred to the devil as “god” in 2nd Corinthians 4:4,

“In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the likeness of God.”

Moses is also referred to as “god” in Exodus 7:1,

“And the Lord said unto Moses, ‘See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh; and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.”

So if you insist that the indefinite form of god (a god) to be The God, then you will have to accept the Devil to be God- and also Moses (PBUH)- which is impossible-

Very interesting...I don't understand greek :( but would enjoy doing some searching on this..
i've been looking so far I've found a little bit I'm reading...do you still have the link (forum) where this Chrisitan man wrote this at all...is this Christian Greek or did he find it?

about different gods...I believe their is only one true Almighty Holy God but there are many gods...
for Gods first commandment is
I am the Lord thy God ,
who have brought thee out of the land of Egypt (Mizrahim), out of the house of bondage.
Thou shalt not have any other gods besides me.

Going back to the initial topic we were discussing, (how your personal encounter with God is consistent with the scriptures of the bible)

You have kindly put forward several verses from the bible to support your case- the first one we were discussing was John 10:30 “I and my Father are one”, which you agree can be interpreted as one in purpose and not in essence, otherwise we will have to agree that his disciples are one in essence with God as well-

I should say my encounter wasn't exactly going through scriptures of the Bible with Jesus..At that time I didn't know the Bible except Jesus was born in a stable by Virgin Mary the cross etc...But I didn't understand any of it..My experience was more to do with Jesus telling me which was the right path, how I should lead my life, not to worry about money and material things..because what was to come was far better...i do not have words to describe..how it is going to feel...but I felt it! Also I was told about Gods anger at certain (peoples) also including the church, and was told to seek for myself...about the True Word of God and that it is not being preached today in some churches...I was told about his love for all people..and some things of the future that is to come.

I began studying the Bible and visiting Churches..and did infact find out that the churches I visited where not teaching the words of God, but there own words...they every so slighty changed Gods words..but now I can understand, what I was been told to go out and seek....after 16 months of going to these Churches...I was called out...for 4 weeks I ignored the calling I was receiving...and I found a true Christian Church...one where I attend now. I am still studying that will never end...because the more I study the more the Holy Spirit is opening up my eyes to truths about God and his word.
God will only show things when he thinks you are ready.

I agree that we need to look at the evidence collectively before we reach a conclusion, but we also need to examine them properly- the next one on the list of verses you have put forward was to prove the divinity of Jesus was

God Never Changes

Jesus Never Changes

Can I ask you what is your understanding of the phrase God never changes- in what respect does god does not change, what qualifies as a change?

Looking forward to your response!

Kind regards

Hard to express really, something or someone who never changes...is someone you can rely on because you know where you stand.
In terms of God..a couple of examples I would say..his laws for me today are the same they where when he gave them to Moses. If we follow these 10 commandments Jesus said "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." ..so the other 9 commandments are covered with just 1 law of loving our neighbor. No change there.

God aked for blood for the atonement for sin in the OT in the NT he still used blood atonement for sin...with Jesus

God Bless
nic

QURBAN
03-30-2006, 12:59 PM

Verily Man is in loss,

Peace to Thos Who Follow The Guidance!

Greetings Nicola

First of – here are the links that you have requested

The Forum Link = http://www.churchoftheholytrinity.or...-same-god.html

Also check out http://www.greeknewtestament.com/B43C001.htm

Now inshiallah moving onto the subject.... the second evidence you put forward to support the divinity of Jesus (PBUH) was comparing Jesus with the immutable nature of God-

God Never Changes

Jesus Never Changes

i dont feel Hebrew 13:8 its not a strong enough evidence to prove the divinity of Jesus (PBUH) as you said yourself, you understanding of immutable nature of God is

“Hard to express really, something or someone who never changes...is someone you can rely on because you know where you stand”
The Jews could have said the same about Moses (PBUH), same for the Muslim with Muhammad (PBUH)..

But I am sure we both can agree that they were not God!

Again Hebrews 13:8 could mean that he never changes in his purpose! conistance in his teachings etc...

looking forward to your response!

Kind Regards

Qurban:)

Nicola
03-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the links

God Never ChangesMalachi 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Jesus Never ChangesHebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

i dont feel Hebrew 13:8 its not a strong enough evidence to prove the divinity of Jesus (PBUH) as you said yourself, you understanding of immutable nature of God is

The scriptures I gave you are really has a whole ...When we break them down each one at a time...and say there really isn't enough evidence with just this one verse, well I'd agree, I don't believe that would give enough evidence for anyone at all..but all together that is difference..there is much evidence supporting Jesus' sovernity

The Jews could have said the same about Moses (PBUH), same for the Muslim with Muhammad (PBUH)..

But they didn't because it wouldn't have been true in either case. See Christians believe only Jesus was ever sinless from the beginning...no other human ever was..
Where Muslim I believe...believe all prophets where sinless? We have no evidence to support this fact. for instance Moses murdered someone..that would make him far from sinless..But I believe again..Muslims believe these history stories of the prophets in the Bible are lies..to boost Jesus' image up...yet these scripts of the OT where written way because Jesus was born.
Why would Jewish leaders want to do that?

But I am sure we both can agree that they were not God!
God no... but god it's possible some people would worship these men, whether they believe they are or not...and God does tell us their are other gods.

Again Hebrews 13:8 could mean that he never changes in his purpose! conistance in his teachings etc...

It means never changes in any area.

Gods purpose, ways, never change either though does it?...not in the Bible at least,..and neither does Jesus' ways or purpose change he wants the same.

Gods main purpose is to bring people to salvation and Jesus' is the same.

Peace
nic

QURBAN
03-31-2006, 01:24 PM

Verily Man is in loss,

Greetings Nicole

The scriptures I gave you are really has a whole ...When we break them down each one at a time...and say there really isn't enough evidence with just this one verse, well I'd agree, I don't believe that would give enough evidence for anyone at all..but all together that is difference..there is much evidence supporting Jesus' sovernity
You agree that if you look at it individually it’s not conclusive-
But if you study it collectively your saying that it proves that the Jesus = God

unfortunatley this causes contradictions in the bible- as God is All Powerful, infinite in Wisdom and is All Good-

John 5:30 contradicts 1 Chronicles 29.11, Matthew 19.26 and Luke 1.37.

Mark 13:31-32 and Mark 11:12-13 Contradicts Psalm 147.5, Psalm 104.24, Acts 15.18, Hebrews 4.13 and Romans 11.33.

And Finally Luke 18:18-19 Contradicts Psalm 33.5 and Psalm 136.1.

I have discussed this on another thread, on this forum, also on another forum for which I have given you links to earlier-

Just to give you 1 example..

Mark 11:12-13

“The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs.”

1-He went to find out- which means he did not know if the tree had any fruits, hence not all-knowing

2-When he reached it he found nothing but leaves- basically he learnt, hence it contradicts infinite wisdom

With God….

“With Him are the keys of the unseen, the treasures that none knoweth but He. He knoweth whatever there is on the earth and in the sea. Not a leaf doth fall but with His knowledge: there is not a grain in the darkness (or depths) of the earth, nor anything fresh or dry (green or withered), but is (inscribed) in a record clear (to those who can read)."

Holy Quran 6:59

Kind Regards

PS - Do you know where i can find a list of all the things Jesus (PBUH) himself has said in the Bible, kind of like a red letter edition of the bible, where everything Jesus (PBUH) has said is highlighted... anything available on the internet?

:thankyou:

Nicola
03-31-2006, 04:56 PM
You agree that if you look at it individually it’s not conclusive-
But if you study it collectively your saying that it proves that the Jesus = God
Really would you ever read one scripture about Mohammed and come to the conclusion his messages where from God?

Joh 5:30 "I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me.
1Ch 29:11 Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.

Of course Jesus can do nothing on his own, Because he is a part of three..he is part of a tri-union..Because you can't get your head around that part and fully understand that ...You will always think in ways that they are separate somehow. Like people who wonder if they can argue with each other...no it's impossible.

Your other references don't add anything to the topic I dont feel..Because we all know that anything is possible for God...Yet Islam doesn't believe it is possible for God to have a Spirit, or be able to turn his own words into flesh, and not make him three gods.

The fig tree alot of Bible readers do not understand the meaning of what
Jesus was teaching his disciples here, the fig tree was used has a visual aid..and represented Israel...
Take a look at Hosea from the OT dried up fruit is mentioned here, representing Ephraim.

Hos 9:16 Ephraim is stricken; their root is dried up; they shall bear no fruit. Even though they give birth, I will put their beloved children to death.

Withering was a term for death just like the fig tree died (Israel) would die also.
The fruit on the fig tree was not ready for Jesus and neither where the Jews ready. Jesus was giving a warning what would happen to Israel...and this was their punishment.
there destruction came within forty years A.D. 66-70.

Really this is a lesson for all people...refuse him and you die.
But then he gives us free will to choose.

I'll look around the net for you...
But if your interested...I use e-sword a free programe where you can down-load all Bibles and compare them against each other, meanings etc...also free maps and topic notes..hebrew..everything you could wish for really to study the bible on-line..
www.e-sword.net

God Bless
nic

akr4m
04-01-2006, 01:01 AM
In the name of ALLAH Most Gracious Most Merciful

Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds;
Most Gracious, Most Merciful;
Master of the Day of Judgment.
Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.
Show us the straight way,
The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray.

To my fellow non-muslims peace be upon you
Hello nicole how are? i hope you dont mind if add a few things to this topic.

Of course Jesus can do nothing on his own, Because he is a part of three..he is part of a tri-union..Because you can't get your head around that part and fully understand that
Trinity, a word that cannot be found in the entire bible, a belief that was never taught by prophets before Christ, a concept that cannot be explained logically, then how do you expect us to get our head around this. Why don’t you give it a go, and explain trinity to us.

And a quick question, who died on the cross? God? Or since you are saying Jesus isn’t God but part of God, then did part of God die?

Your other references don't add anything to the topic I dont feel..Because we all know that anything is possible for God...Yet Islam doesn't believe it is possible for God to have a Spirit, or be able to turn his own words into flesh, and not make him three gods.
We are not limiting God, the question is not if he CAN do it, rather WOULD he, and DID he?
So this leads me to a question DID he make his word in to flesh, and whether Jesus was the word, notice I didn’t say CAN he make his word in to flesh.
Allah can do things we cant imagine, He says to it only: "be!" and it is - it is not difficult for him, he has created us from nothing, hence to turn his own words into flesh is not difficult.
Phrases like; “he CAN’T” or “he HAS TO” or “he NEED’S to” do not befit the Almighty, but the real question is “DID” he?
So I say to you provide your proof if you are truthfull, and you have John 1:1 and I have examined it and the proof has flaws, I have posted this already yet you haven’t given an appropriate answer to it.

Another point to be noted is - what source are you judging in regards to whether God did or didn’t do a certain act – the Bible? Who said the bible is the word of God? You your self said you herd it is been tampered with. Then how reliable is your claim?
Yes I've heard the Bible has been tampered with........

The fig tree alot of Bible readers do not understand the meaning of what
Jesus was teaching his disciples here, the fig tree was used has a visual aid..and represented Israel...
Take a look at Hosea from the OT dried up fruit is mentioned here, representing Ephraim.
Quote:
Hos 9:16 Ephraim is stricken; their root is dried up; they shall bear no fruit. Even though they give birth, I will put their beloved children to death.

Withering was a term for death just like the fig tree died (Israel) would die also.
The fruit on the fig tree was not ready for Jesus and neither where the Jews ready. Jesus was giving a warning what would happen to Israel...and this was their punishment.
there destruction came within forty years A.D. 66-70.

Really this is a lesson for all people...refuse him and you die.
But then he gives us free will to choose.
Your side stepping issue Niclole, the question was concerning the knowledge of Jesus, not what he was teaching.
And if it was about teaching the disciples, then according to mark, this is what he learnt:
Mark tells us as follows: “The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs.”
(Mark 11:12-13).

1 - He went to find out if it had any fruit
2 - He found nothing but leaves
3 – He didn’t know the season to expect figs on trees

The question was directed at Jesus’ divinity, because God has infinite wisdom, according to the following verse in the Quran

"With Him are the keys of the unseen, the treasures that none knoweth but He. He knoweth whatever there is on the earth and in the sea. Not a leaf doth fall but with His knowledge: there is not a grain in the darkness (or depths) of the earth, nor anything fresh or dry (green or withered), but is (inscribed) in a record clear (to those who can read)."

And now regarding the bible the following verse:

"Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite" (Psalm 147.5).;

"Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world" (Acts 15.18).

"All things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him " (Hebrews 4.13).

"O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!" (Romans 11.33).

We see God has infinite wisdom but Jesus doesn’t, simple terms
Jesus = not infinite wisdom
God = Infinite wisdom
Hence Jesus does Not = God

And this is not regarding just this incident, there are plenty more, but I’ll just quote one more:

Mark 13:31-32
“of that day and that hour no one knows, no, not even the angels in the heavens, nor the son, but the Father”

In the words of Jesus (PBUH) himself;
-No Man Knows the hour
-Nor the Angels
-Not The Son
-But the Father

To simplify:
Jesus = doesn’t know the last hour,
God = has knowledge of that hour.

I think i'll stop here, i do apologies if i've hurt any one, that wasnt my intention. Well i guess i'll be looking foward to your explanation to trinity.
take care:)

Nicola
04-01-2006, 09:15 PM
To my fellow non-muslims peace be upon you
Hello nicole how are? i hope you dont mind if add a few things to this topic

Of course not...I invited you a few times to join in on this debate...instead of doing the same stuff over in other threads...

Trinity, a word that cannot be found in the entire bible, a belief that was never taught by prophets before Christ, a concept that cannot be explained logically, then how do you expect us to get our head around this. Why don’t you give it a go, and explain trinity to us.
No the word trinity cannot be found, but when you have the words The Father,Son and Holy Spirit...explained to you...In the OT the we find reference to the trinity also but not use of the word trinity...but we all know trinity means 3. So that is why that word was used...for instance
In the creation story itself there are indications that God is “not solitary.” In Genesis 1:26-27 God says, “Let us make man in our image.”

We see clearly here...If God was alone...He would have said...I will, and not let us me, and my image instead of our

Gen 3:22

And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Gen 1:2

The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

Just a few references

And a quick question, who died on the cross? God? Or since you are saying Jesus isn’t God but part of God, then did part of God die?
Jesus died a physical death...not God we understand from the Bible there are two deaths..the first is a physcial death, the second is a spiritual death..which will come after the physcial death for all non-believers on Judgement day.

We are not limiting God, the question is not if he CAN do it, rather WOULD he, and DID he?
But why should he not...we believe all parts of God do different things. The part which is Gods His Holy Spirit guides us, Gods word Jesus, offered himself has a scarifice for our atonements of sin...and now he is our interessors to God..So who ever believes in what his blood did for us can have direct followship with the Father. Because what we understand from the OT is that God always required blood for the atonement of sin, before he would would turn his face to us..

Isaiah 59:2
"But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear."

Isaiah talking about Jesus

Isa 53:3 He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Isa 53:4 Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.

Indeed he was smitten by God on the cross.. Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?
My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?” (Matthew 27:46).

God never changes and will always turn away from sin..and Jesus was carrying everyones sin...from then until the end of this world.

Isaiah 700years before Jesus came to earth.

Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed.

Jesus was wounded for our transgressions (sins) The payment of his blood brought peace to all Born again Christians..In him we are not lost.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Again it tells us God put everyone sins on to him.

Isa 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so he opened not his mouth.

When beaten and hurt Jesus did nothing, but could have, but that wasn't the plan of Gods' salvation.

Isa 53:8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away; and as for his generation, who considered that he was cut off out of the land of the living, stricken for the transgression of my people?

again because of the transgression..(sin)

Isa 53:9 And they made his grave with the wicked and with a rich man in his death, although he had done no violence, and there was no deceit in his mouth.

Isa 53:10 Yet it was the will of the LORD to crush him; he has put him to grief; when his soul makes an offering for sin, he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days; the will of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

It was the will of god and again an offering for sin. And he shall see his offspring...Born again Christians are his offspring..

Isa 53:11 Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied; by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant, make many to be accounted righteous, and he shall bear their iniquities.

Born-again Christians are accounted to God has righteous now because we choose to be covered with Jesus' innocent blood and he beared our sins...with his blood.

Isa 53:12 Therefore I will divide him a portion with the many, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong, because he poured out his soul to death and was numbered with the transgressors; yet he bore the sin of many, and makes intercession for the transgressors.

...Jesus' blood was the atonement for our sins.

So this leads me to a question DID he make his word in to flesh, and whether Jesus was the word, notice I didn’t say CAN he make his word in to flesh.
Allah can do things we cant imagine, He says to it only: "be!" and it is - it is not difficult for him, he has created us from nothing, hence to turn his own words into flesh is not difficult.
Phrases like; “he CAN’T” or “he HAS TO” or “he NEED’S to” do not befit the Almighty, but the real question is “DID” he?
Well your question here comes down to one of faith..and you just do not have the faith in Jesus that born-again Christians have..

All born-again Christians at the beinning of their faith...I expect have many serious questions..concerning this issue and many more...all I can tell you is, when you start believing, more faith comes and it gets stronger...that is why Christians in persecuted lands, even now, do not fear being killed for their faith...they will never denounce their faith, when promised release from prision if they do...I write to many and the conditions they live in is unbelieveable...

Faith that is a gift from God...you also recieve the Holy Spirit..who opens your eyes to so many things in the Bible..that no man would ever be able to understand...

God tells us he has hidden the truth of his word from unbelievers..and this is very true..because when you become a believer...these things are no longer hidden..and all born-again Christians can see and understand the same things, but not at the same time...God only reveals when we are ready for that revelation... non Christians will never understand the Bible correctly, even when they are explained to them, this is why Jesus spoke in many parables.....Scriptures aren't just words they are alive.

So I say to you provide your proof if you are truthfull, and you have John 1:1 and I have examined it and the proof has flaws, I have posted this already yet you haven’t given an appropriate answer to it.

I will go and answer you question in the other thread then, instead of mixing this one up.

Another point to be noted is - what source are you judging in regards to whether God did or didn’t do a certain act – the Bible?
Who said the bible is the word of God? You your self said you herd it is been tampered with. Then how reliable is your claim?

Why I said I had heard the bible had been tempered with...was because all non Christians believe this, or do not believe the Bible at all...But I also said.. I have no reason to doubt it..but you missed that part off...lol
I was actually meaning..what some people say, because they are not lead with the Holy Spirit so they do not understand the Bible or God.

Your side stepping issue Niclole, the question was concerning the knowledge of Jesus, not what he was teaching.
And if it was about teaching the disciples, then according to mark, this is what he learnt:
Mark tells us as follows: “The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs.”
(Mark 11:12-13).
The question was directed at Jesus’ divinity, because God has infinite wisdom, according to the following verse in the Quran
"With Him are the keys of the unseen, the treasures that none knoweth but He. He knoweth whatever there is on the earth and in the sea. Not a leaf doth fall but with His knowledge: there is not a grain in the darkness (or depths) of the earth, nor anything fresh or dry (green or withered), but is (inscribed) in a record clear (to those who can read)."

1 - He went to find out if it had any fruit
2 - He found nothing but leaves
3 – He didn’t know the season to expect figs on trees
And now regarding the bible the following verse:

"Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite" (Psalm 147.5).;

"Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world" (Acts 15.18).

"All things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him " (Hebrews 4.13).

"O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!" (Romans 11.33).

We see God has infinite wisdom but Jesus doesn’t, simple terms
Jesus = not infinite wisdom
God = Infinite wisdom
Hence Jesus does Not = God
[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry you feel I am side stepping the issue...yes these scriptures are about about Jesus' divinity or knowlege, Jesus was prophecing that Israel was going to die..because they hadn't recongized him..the way the figs wheren't ready for him...this teaching appears in three of the four gospels...so we know it's a very important lesson to us all...

Because Jesus couldn't tell there were figs on the tree is not the issue, of course he could have..do you really believe that three of the gospels would have put this story in..to make Jesus look foolish.
Jesus even knew when a sick woman, stuck in a crowd had touched the hem of his gown,

He could feel her faith she had in him..

28 because she thought, "If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed."
29 Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering.
30 At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, "Who touched my clothes?"

And this is not regarding just this incident, there are plenty more, but I’ll just quote one more:

Mark 13:31-32
“of that day and that hour no one knows, no, not even the angels in the heavens, nor the son, but the Father”

In the words of Jesus (PBUH) himself;
-No Man Knows the hour
-Nor the Angels
-Not The Son
-But the Father

To simplify:
Jesus = doesn’t know the last hour,
God = has knowledge of that hour.

I think i'll stop here, i do apologies if i've hurt any one, that wasnt my intention. Well i guess i'll be looking foward to your explanation to trinity.
take care:)
I do not know the reason for Jesus saying this, but there would have been a reason, for I believe he does know when he will be returning....I know of three reasons why Jesus could have said what he did, about not knowing. But they would only be guesses.

you haven't hurmy feelings..at all. There are alot of misconceptions about Christianity and what we believe in..and we can only learn about anything when we ask questions.

Understanding about Incarnation I think would be helpful to understanding the Trinity.

Take Care
Nic

akr4m
04-05-2006, 12:50 AM
:sl:
In the name of ALLAH Most Gracious Most Merciful

Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds;
Most Gracious, Most Merciful;
Master of the Day of Judgment.
Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.
Show us the straight way,
The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray.

To my fellow non-muslims, peace be upon you!
hello nicole, sorry about the late reply, i had some studying to do for exams lol. however lets not waste no time, i have some points to make regarding your post. Let's proceed.

No the word trinity cannot be found, but when you have the words The Father,Son and Holy Spirit...explained to you...In the OT the we find reference to the trinity also but not use of the word trinity...but we all know trinity means 3. So that is why that word was used...for instance.

In the creation story itself there are indications that God is “not solitary.”
In Genesis 1:26-27 God says, “Let us make man in our image.”

We see clearly here...If God was alone...He would have said...I will, and not let us me, and my image instead of our

Gen 3:22

And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Gen 1:2

The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

Just a few references
That’s nice but will all due respect how does that explain trinity? Who said he was alone in the heavens, God Created Angels before men remember? So I may agree with you that he is not solitary, another fancy way of saying he isn’t lonely, because angels and other of his creations where there.

Let’s look at this collectively shall we;

Below is an extract from a commentary for the above verse you have quoted (Gen 1:27), written by the editors of King James Version (The Hebrew-Greek Key Study Bible, 6th edition):

"The Hebrew word for God is `Elohim' (430), a plural noun. In Genesis 1:1, it is used in grammatical agreement with a singular verb `bara' (1254), created. When plural pronouns are used, "Let us make man in our image after our likeness," does it denote a plural of number or the concept of excellence or majesty which may be indicated in such a way in Hebrew? Could God be speaking to angels, the earth, or nature thus denoting Himself in relation to one of these? Or is this a germinal hint of a distinction in the divine personality? One cannot be certain."

Having written "One cannot be certain", the editors try to advocate the theory of Jesus, as the "essential (internal) unity of Godhead."

The response to your question, as well as, to the commentators remark; "One cannot be certain", lies not very far, but in the next verse (Genesis 1:27), which reads; "And God created man in His OWN image,..."
This statement tells us that the actual act of creation when performed was performed by "Him" and in "His" image and NOT by "Us" in "Our" image.

(NIV Gen 1:27)
“So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.”

It is true that there are a handful of texts referring to God in the first person plural, generally in the form of `Let's'. But generally, in thousands of cases, the Bible refers to God with a singular. This use of the plural hardly supports the doctrine of the trinity. If anything, plurality would support polytheism.
There are even other verses where God uses US and OUR in Genesis 3:24, 11:7 etc

Genesis 1:26 uses a third person masculine singular in reference to God.
The words in Genesis 3:22 and 11:7 are addressed by God to celestial listeners, suggesting that these might by angels.

Now tell me if every person in the world who has ever said, `Well, let's see now,' has thereby become a trinity?

Islam is a strictly monotheistic religion. It believes in and adheres to uncompromising monotheism. It believes that God is one, and unique in His attributes. In the Qur’an, God often refers to Himself using the word ‘We’. But this does not mean that Islam believes in the existence of more than one God.

Two types of plural

In several languages, there are two types of plurals, one is a plural of numbers to refer to something that occurs in a quantity of more than one. The other plural is a plural of respect.
a. In the English language, the Queen of England refers to herself as ‘We’ instead of ‘I’. This is known as the ‘royal plural’.
b. Rajiv Gandhi, the ex-Prime Minister of India used to say in Hindi "Hum dekhna chahte hain". "We want to see." ‘Hum’ means ‘We’ which is again a royal plural in Hindi.
c. Similarly in Arabic, when Allah refers to Himself in the Qur’an, He often uses Arabic word 'Nahnu' meaning ‘We’. It does not indicate plural of number but plural of respect.
Tawheed or monotheism is one of the pillars of Islam. The existence and uniqueness of one and only one God is mentioned several times in the Qur’an. For instance in Surah Ikhlas, it says :
"Say He is Allah the One and Only." (iklas 112:1)

And I am sure that it is the same condition in Hebrew and Aramaic since all three languages are all sister languages.

Sorry but with all due respect your explanation of trinity is not good enough, give it another shot.

In Islam we believe that one should worship 1 God, this teaching was applied even in the time of Adam(pbuh), and all the prophets.

If one was to look at this carefully, it’s like a timeline; from Adam (pbuh) to the final messenger Muhammad (pbuh) including Jesus (pbuh) the message was the same, believe in one God.

Now look at the timeline for Christianity its similar, from Adam(pbuh) through all the prophets the message was the same; believe in One God, in neither of these messages was the teaching of trinity applied. And even when Jesus came, to fulfil the old laws, his teaching was the same just worship one God

Mark 12:29 “and Jesus said to him Hear O Israel, your lord OUR GOD is One God”

Even when Jesus himself didn’t even utter the word “trinity”, they believe in trinity. How is that consistent with the previous teachings of the prophets? Was the teaching of Moses (pbuh), Abraham (pbuh) Noah (pbuh) and the rest (may peace and blessings be upon them all), of worshiping One God wrong, because they never taught the concept of trinity to their people.

We also believe in Jesus, and God and the Holy spirit (i.e. Angel Gabriel), we don’t believe they are all one or in trinity for that matter, rather they are God’s creation.

Jesus died a physical death...not God we understand from the Bible there are two deaths..the first is a physcial death, the second is a spiritual death..which will come after the physcial death for all non-believers on Judgement day.
Ok that’s the first, never heard that one before, I’ve herd from many Christian believers that say; it had to be God who died on the cross to pay for the sins of mankind.
I mean if it was just the physical body, then why not just get a sinless man and execute him.
Plus we learn that Jesus was also referred to as – “the Son of man” - and we know that every son of man is born with a sin according to the Christian belief, hence the Body of Christ couldn’t be sinless.

However, for argument sake say I agree with you, only Jesus’ body died then one would raise the question regarding about the sign of Jonah

Let’s go through this step by step,
Jesus said

Mathew 12:39-40
He answered, "A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a miraculous sign! But NONE will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Here Jesus says he will show NO miracle EXCEPT the miracle of Jonah, and we all know the miracle of Jonah, well let’s hope we do.
We learn that Jonah was in the belly of the whale for 3 days AND 3 NIGHTS, and yes he was ALIVE.
And Jesus prophesized he will show the sign of Jonah in the heart of the earth for 3 days AND 3 NIGHTS

Jonah was alive for three days and three nights, then Jesus also ought to have been alive in the tomb as he himself foretold! But Christianity hangs on the flimsy thread of the “death” of Jesus for its salvation. So it has to answer that Jesus was dead for three days and three nights. The contradiction between his utterance and its fulfilment is obvious. Jonah = Alive and Jesus = Dead. Very unlike Jonah - Jesus had said “LIKE Jonah” not unlike Jonah.
And of course within this verse another one of Jesus’ prophecies didn’t come true and that was the time factor - but this holds no relevance to the discussion so I’ll pass.

What i am trying to address is - whether Jesus died a physical death or spiritual, he didn't not fulfill his prophecy.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Again it tells us God put everyone sins on to him.
This raises some problems – because it contradicts the following verse,
Deut 24:16
The father shall not be put to death for the inequity of their fathers nor shall the fathers be put to death for the inequity of their son’s, EACH MAN SHALL BE PUT TO DEATH FOR THEIR OWN SINS.

This verse tells us that each man is held responsible for their own actions, (which us Muslim’s believe) - then how does that fit with the atonement.
And what about the nations before Jesus, they never witnessed or where taught about this atonement what happens to them?

Isa 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so he opened not his mouth.

When beaten and hurt Jesus did nothing, but could have, but that wasn't the plan of Gods' salvation.

Isa 53:8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away; and as for his generation, who considered that he was cut off out of the land of the living, stricken for the transgression of my people?

again because of the transgression..(sin)

Isa 53:9 And they made his grave with the wicked and with a rich man in his death, although he had done no violence, and there was no deceit in his mouth.

Isa 53:10 Yet it was the will of the LORD to crush him; he has put him to grief; when his soul makes an offering for sin, he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days; the will of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

It was the will of god and again an offering for sin. And he shall see his offspring...Born again Christians are his offspring..
That’s a nice story, but the question still remains, how reliable are these verses, how do I believe what is being said in the bible is true?
Especially when the OT clearly states the Bible is corrupted and unreliable.

"`How can you say, "We [the Jews] are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?' (From the NIV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"

The Revised Standard Version makes even clearer:

"How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie. (From the RSV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"

In either translation, we clearly see that the Jews had so much corrupted the Bible with their man-made cultural laws, that they had turned the Bible into a lie!

Also Deuteronomy 31:25-29 where Moses peace be upon him predicted the corruption/tampering of the Law (Bible) after his death.
The Book of Moses predicted that the Law (Bible) will get corrupted. The Book of Jeremiah which came approximately 826 years after did indeed confirm this corruption.

And right now we know there are actually different versions of the "Bible" not matching each other; to mention only a few: The Catholic Bible contains 73 books, while the "Protestant Bible" that was based on the Catholic Bible, dropped 7 of these books and then altered some of the verses and deleted and added others from certain other books.

There are Missing Books of the Bible!
Where are these books, and why are they missing?

You have said that you have no doubt to believe that the bible has been tampered with. Let me ask you and the Jews & Christians where are the following EIGHTEEN books and why they are missing from the Bible?

1.The Book of the Wars of the Lord: We can read about this book in (Bible) Numbers 21:14.

2. The Book of Jasher: We read about this book in Joshua 10:13. This book is also mentioned in II Samuel, 1:18.

3.Three books of Solomon: The first book contained one thousand and five Psalms, the second described the history of creation, and the third consisted of three thousand Proverbs. This book is mentioned in I Kings 4:32.

4.The Book of Manners of the Kingdom: We find the mention of this missing book in I Samuel 10:25.

5. The History of Samuel the Seer: (6) The History of Prophet Nathan & (7) The Book of Gad the Seer: These three missing books (5, 6, & 7) are mentioned in I Chronicles 29:29.

8. The Book of Shemiah, the Prophet: (9) The Book of Iddo, the Seer: Both (8 & 9) books are mentioned in II Chronicles 12:15.

10.The Prophecy of Ahijah (11) The Visions of Iddo, the Seer: These two books (10 & 11) are mentioned in II Chronicles 9:29. The books of Iddo and Nathan are also mentioned in this verse.

12.The Book of Jehu, the son of Hanani: This book is mentioned in II Chronicles 20:24.

13. The Book of Isaiah, the Prophet: This book consisted of complete accounts of Uzziah. It is mentioned in II Chronicles 26:22.

14.The Book of Visions of Isaiah: This lost book contained the complete accounts of Hezekiah and is mentioned in II Chronicles 32:32.

15. The Lamentation of Jeremiah: This lost book consisted of Jeremiah’s lamentation for Josiah, and is described in II Chronicles 35:25.

16.The Book of Chronicles: This missing book is mentioned in Nehemiah 12:23. (This book is not included in the present books. This is another book, which does not exist today)

17. The Book of Covenant of Moses: This missing book is mentioned in Exodus 24:7.

18. The Book of the Acts of Solomon: We find the mention of this book in I Kings 11:14.

...Jesus' blood was the atonement for our sins.
I have already mentioned a verse which contradicts this believe in (Deuteronomy 24:16)

However, another question has popped into my head, - why do Christian believers repent if Jesus has paid for your sins? I am sure you have faith in him and believe in the atonement. Then why do you repent? What is the need for confession?

You see the way I see it - if Jesus died for your sins and has paid for your sins, then what is the purpose of life? Better yet what is the purpose of Satan?

Words are cheap, actions are far greater then words, and to show true faith one should show it through their actions. And if Jesus truly did die for our sins – why not show it through our actions by carrying on sinning. It is easy to say “Yeah we believe he died for our sins” but true faith comes from actions. So if one truly believes Jesus(pbuh) has died for their sins – then why not carry on sinning, unless you believe that you may have to pay for your own sins?
This is why I don’t understand the purpose of repentance and confession in Christianity.

An example to explain this:

Say you are in a restaurant and a rich man announces that he has paid for every ones meal hence eat as much as you want - and then leaves. Now if you truly believe he has paid for your meal - what would you do? but natural you would eat as much as you can without worrying to pay for it your self. However if you don’t have faith in what this man has said, you would be hesitant, in case you have to pay for it your self.

Because Jesus couldn't tell there were figs on the tree is not the issue, of course he could have..do
Then why didn’t he, your more sure of this then Jesus him self

you really believe that three of the gospels would have put this story in..to make Jesus look foolish

No but I believe that they have tampered with the bible and made a right mess out of it.
And I also believe Jesus had no knowledge about the figs, and I believe only God has wisdom of all things and I believe only by the will of God can Jesus do anything.
John 5:30
“I can of my own self do nothing, as I hear, I judge and my judgement is right, because I seek not of my own will but the will of my father who has sent me”

Jesus even knew when a sick woman, stuck in a crowd had touched the hem of his gown,
Again like I said without God’s will he can do nothing, there where many messengers who performed miracles, made prophecies that came true (by the will of God), did that make them equal to God?

I do not know the reason for Jesus saying this, but there would have been a reason,
And the reason is - he doesn’t have infinite wisdom, only God does.
This is not an isolated incident where it was apparent that Jesus (PBUH) was not All- Knowing and infinite in Wisdom

The Gospel of Luke reveals that Jesus (PBUH)had limited knowledge. Luke says that Jesus increased in wisdom (Luke 2:52).

If you have infinite wisdom, then there should be no room left to improve or increase in that aspect!

In Hebrews too (Hebrews 5:8) we read that Jesus (PBUH) learned obedience. But God’s knowledge and wisdom is always perfect, and God does not learn new things. He knows everything always.

So, if Jesus (PBUH) learned something new, that proves that he did not know everything before that, and thus he was not God.

Today, there are many modern scholars in Christianity who hold that Jesus Christ was not God. In 1977, a group of seven biblical scholars, including leading Anglican theologians and other New Testament scholars, published a book called The Myth of God Incarnate, which caused a great uproar in the General Synod of the Church of England.

Most famous among the Church of England bishops, who doubt Jesus’ divinity, is the outspoken Reverend Professor David Jenkins, the Bishop of Durham in England, who openly states that Jesus was not God.

The following article, which appeared in The Daily News some years ago, clearly indicates the degree to which there are doubts among the clergy regarding Jesus’ divinity.

Shock survey
Of Anglican bishops

LONDON: More than half of England’s Anglican bishops say Christians are not obliged to believe that Jesus Christ was God, according to a survey published today.
The poll of 31 of England’s 39 bishops shows that many of them think that Christ’s miracles, the virgin birth and the resurrection might not have happened exactly as described in the Bible.
Only 11 of the bishops insisted that Christians must regard Christ as both God and man, while 19 said it was sufficient to regard Jesus as “God’s supreme agent”. One declined to give a definite opinion.
The poll was carried out by London Weekend Television’s weekly religion show, Credo.

“DAILY NEWS” 25/6/84

take care :)
:w:

laylatul qadar
04-05-2006, 02:17 AM
God is never conflicting, it is us humans who are. I know this sounds insulting, but it is not meant to be...but mere man can read the bible but will never truly fully understand it unless he is lead by God to understand it.

and that can come by only asking Jesus to show you.
he tells us to ask and it shall be given..I can only tell you that if you ask Jesus will show you Gods whole truth.

I am not saying you must except him as your personal saviour and disown your own beliefs etc.

how exactly did you incounter god. Did u see him or hear him or what?:?
plz answer:thankyou:

Nicola
04-05-2006, 10:00 AM
how exactly did you incounter god. Did u see him or hear him or what?
plz answer
I didn't see him but I knew it was him from what he told me. It was telepathic I was told not to fear when He first came and all through my whole body I was given a feeling I'd never experienced before...It was of pure love and contentment..It entered my whole body and mind had never felt so much love or happiness before. This feeling lasted throughout the whole time which was 3 days and nights from the Saturday until Tuesday..I never slept nor even felt tired at all..though I did sleep after He left...It was truly wonderful..I long for that feeling again and know from what He told me I would again live with this feeling for etenity...Even after He left I still felt happy and conteneted still even today I do..and it was 2 years ago.. But the presence He brought with him...that is no longer here..

The telepathy was He was telling me things and told me to also seek things out myself...which I have done ever since..and I was asking questions back also and I would be given the answers to my questions..there was no need for speach at all.
Hope this helps...
I've since searched on the net and books of other people who have recieved visions etc..there are alot particualy in the Muslim world at the moment..and some are similar to mine always He brings this feeling of pure love, happiness and contentment with him to you..

Hope I've answered your question ok..
anthing at all just ask..
Peace and God Bless
nic

Nicola
04-05-2006, 10:02 AM
akr4m
Thanks for your post...I have to go to college soon and will need time to answer your questions properly...I'll do it when I return..
Peace and God Bless
Nic

laylatul qadar
04-05-2006, 10:07 AM
thanx for your answer.

renak
04-08-2006, 05:59 AM
[B]
I want to know from Christian Members on this forum your thoughts on personal encounters with God!

Kind Regards

Qurban
God has always been a strong presence in my life. I've talked to him and felt his existence everyday of my life. He has been with me through times of good and bad behavior. I don't doubt his love and feel that we have a healthy relationship.

In regards to the Christian who is reluctant to acknowledge your relationship with God via Islam, I would do as you said, "Agree to disagree". He may be scared to question his Christian faith. He may have been led to the belief that by questioning or researching Christianity, he is sinning.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.